PDA

View Full Version : Phobias

nicola1986
22-01-07, 21:23
I recently developed a phobia of vacuum cleaners :o , which is quite weird lol tho i think I heard Katie Melua or someone has that too so at least I'm not alone lol

Think it's cos an old one exploded near me and freaked me out :o wonder if there's a name for it.

Got a phobia of spiders too but thats not very uncommon.

Anyone else got any weird ones?

viper456
22-01-07, 21:27
sponge

seriously.

oh and octopus!

Angel666
22-01-07, 21:29
Spiders. But my worst fear is losing my teeth. I have nightmares about loosing my teeth.

Angel_14
22-01-07, 21:30
Well, I really fear of dying in a morbid way. Serisously :D

laracroft2122
22-01-07, 21:32
TRY HERE: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid246216535

DMC
22-01-07, 21:33
Well, I really fear of dying in a morbid way. Serisously :D

OMG!Me too!And I'm scared of hights.......Not uncommon....And I use to be very affraid of vampires,but after watching a lot of Buffy episodes,and playing the games....I guess I just feel very much not so affraid of them.Hehe:o

nicola1986
22-01-07, 21:36
Spiders. But my worst fear is losing my teeth. I have nightmares about loosing my teeth.

me too, I have dreams about touching my teeth and them all rotting in my mouth, and i have to spit them out it's awful.

I saw on a chat show someone had a phobia of shoe laces, probably the weirdest ive heard, tho i bet there are worse lol

Forwen
22-01-07, 21:37
Fish on a plate!

nicola1986
22-01-07, 21:39
that beats shoelaces lol

Kamrusepas
22-01-07, 21:44

The most common phobia, the last I heard.

My only phobia is so weird I doubt it has a name, and I don't like to talk about it as it makes me sick just thinking about it.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-01-07, 21:52
@ Kam - 'not very uncommon' and 'common' are the same thing. ;)

I have a hugeee fear of spiders, being buried alive, hospitals and slight claustrophobia.

imaginarylight
22-01-07, 21:55
I have a huge fear of clowns, spiders, planes and the garbage disposal.

Im kinda scared of heights but its not that bad.

Lew

I have a hugeee fear of spiders, being buried alive, hospitals and slight claustrophobia.

Same except for Hospitals I have a phobia of Sick, I hate it its awful! Least I don't get it when I'm hungover so thats good :)

Kamrusepas

Yes but "not very uncommon" and "most common" aren't ;)

jarhead
22-01-07, 21:57

Confused now :D

I dont particularly like spiders much, in fact I had one crawl over my head when i was sleeping and young, so now im scared of them.

And I dont like the idea of drowning either, or being in a small room with lots of people underground.

Lew
22-01-07, 21:57
Yes they are ^ She is English you know....

tr_mitch
22-01-07, 22:00

They are.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-01-07, 22:01

Err, yeah they are. :confused: Ohhkay. *Confused*

danitiwa
22-01-07, 22:03
I recently developed a phobia of vacuum cleaners :o , which is quite weird lol tho i think I heard Katie Melua or someone has that too so at least I'm not alone lol

Think it's cos an old one exploded near me and freaked me out :o wonder if there's a name for it.

Anyone else got any weird ones?

I LOVE spiders! I want a tarantula as a pet! Spiders are beautiful missunderstood creatures. :P My favorite holiday? Save a spider day-March 14th. :p

Me, I have a phobia of well, not many phobias... The ones I have aren't uncommon either.

Kamrusepas
22-01-07, 22:04
Alright, if you say so. I still refuse to agree though :D

Lew
22-01-07, 22:05
^^ But we're native English so I think we would know...

Kamrusepas
22-01-07, 22:07
^^ But we're native English so I think we would know...

That doesn't really prove anything. Plus this is not a matter of language.

Elysia
22-01-07, 22:07
Spiders, heights, needles, phlegm, people chewing wool and brillo pads (wire wool also comes under this).

Just the thought of touching a brillo pad makes me feel sick inside...*shudders* They just feel really icky.

I also have those dreams about losing teeth - I think they're pretty common (but disturbing nonetheless!)

Thorir
22-01-07, 22:09
Amputition, speaking in public, jellyfish and being bored.

Forwen
Oh yeah, I forgot about wasps and all other kids from that neighbourhood :( Beats even a pan-fried trout - this one at least doesn't make me duck for cover!

frostfur452
i am immensley afraid of starfish... yep... and drowning

danitiwa
I don't get why spiders freak people out. I love watching them crawl on walls. So cute! :D

Oh yeah, frost, you brought up my one unusuall phobia. Swimming in the ocean I get freaked out when I see loads of seaweed and ugly seacreatures at the bottome. UGH...

cbragg09
22-01-07, 22:10
spiders, buing buried alive, losing my teeth, and Wasps

Lew
22-01-07, 22:12
@ Kam Oh My God stop tryning to prove something thats not :)

@ Dan HOW ARE THEY CUTE?!

danitiwa
22-01-07, 22:13
They're somehow charming... how they graciously flicker their thin legs around. PLUS they ward mosquitos off. :p

frostfur452
22-01-07, 22:16
I don't get why spiders freak people out. I love watching them crawl on walls. So cute! :D

Oh yeah, frost, you brought up my one unusuall phobia. Swimming in the ocean I get freaked out when I see loads of seaweed and ugly seacreatures at the bottome. UGH...

i scream my head off when i feel the sightest seaweed go past haha!!

Kamrusepas
22-01-07, 22:16
@ Kam Oh My God stop tryning to prove something thats not :)

Excuse me? What am I trying to prove? I don't wanna fight about this, your opinion is obviously different than me, it's fine with me.

And btw, it doesn't make you any smarter that English is your first language.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-01-07, 22:17
I don't wanna fight about this

Then don't. No more of this side argument business, please. (That goes for you too, Lew :ton:)

Ampersand
22-01-07, 22:18
I don't have any phobias I know of. I panic a bit when I see spiders, and I have the occasional nightmare involving my teeth coming out, but nothing I'd call a phobia.

That doesn't really prove anything. Plus this is not a matter of language.

Yeah, judging by the number of semi-literate people in England. :D

'Not uncommon' and 'most common' differ in that 'most common' suggests extremity. 'Not uncommon' doesn't.

Lew
22-01-07, 22:24
Then don't. No more of this side argument business, please. (That goes for you too, Lew :ton:)

LMAO That made me laugh :D Awwww

So yeah anyway PHOBIAS are things...

Kamrusepas
22-01-07, 22:24
'Not uncommon' and 'most common' differ in that 'most common' suggests extremity. 'Not uncommon' doesn't.

Thank you, that's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Ampersand
22-01-07, 22:27
Thank you, that's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Welcome. :D

But yeah, back to phobias: I don't have anything out of the ordinary, though my dad has. He just can't stand the sight of dead birds, they make him feel sick. One time, next door's cat left a dead blackbird just outside our patio door. Dad couldn't eat his dinner just thinking about it.

Roddy100
22-01-07, 22:40
I'm afraid of crowds and other awkward social situations like dinner parties for example. Weird huh?

Punaxe
22-01-07, 23:10
I'm totally fearless! :jmp:

buffytabor
22-01-07, 23:21
Spiders of course, and someone sneaking into my house and killing me, lol. I have locked doors and alarms on doors and windows but I get creeped out some times anyways. Not too fond of snakes either. And BUGS BUGS BUGS...period.

Legends
22-01-07, 23:25
Fish creeps me out! They're scary!

Thorir
22-01-07, 23:31
Fish creeps me out! They're scary!

*Put´s a couple of dead fish in Christian´s bed befrore he goes to sleep.* :D

MiCkiZ88
22-01-07, 23:36
Spiders, Wasps, Bugs.. Those just creep me out and I try to avoid em as much as possible :( I've also got a phobia of attics & dark..

Legends
22-01-07, 23:40
*Putīs a couple of dead fish in Christianīs bed befrore he goes to sleep.* :D
As long as their dead..

Geck-o-Lizard
22-01-07, 23:40
Cancer is the only thing that scares me. I don't get freaked out by much.

Thorir
22-01-07, 23:47
As long as their dead..

Ah, well, then it´s no use. :D

... *Throws alive wolffish in Christian´s bed!* :D

(Steinbit!)

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 23:59
I absolutely hate spiders!!!

Legends
23-01-07, 00:03
Ah, well, then it´s no use. :D

... *Throws alive wolffish in Christian´s bed!* :D

(Steinbit!)
Eeeek! :eek:

Thorir
23-01-07, 00:09
Eeeek! :eek:

They can bite your fingers off, you know!

Or maybe something else, if you sleep without pyjamas... :cln:

Kamrusepas
23-01-07, 00:10
I've also got a phobia of attics & dark..

You're kidding! Is there anything cooler than old, dark attics? :D

Margoos
23-01-07, 00:12
Drowning and spiders :(

i went in to the pet shop where i get the crickets for my lizard last week and i casually walked up to the counter to the guy the money for the crickets and i turned to him and i saw the biggest tarantula ive ever seen. just wasnt expecting it and i was like :yik: :eek:

so i gave him the money and walked out quick as i could haha, thing that gets me is why im scared of something so small and that i could kill so easily if i was in a situation where i was in danger from one, bit crazy really.

Legends
23-01-07, 00:14
They can bite your fingers off, you know!

Or maybe something else, if you sleep without pyjamas... :cln:
Oh my god!
Well, I'm actually off to bed now, so maybe I'll just sleep with my clothes on. :p

MiCkiZ88
23-01-07, 00:16
You're kidding! Is there anything cooler than old, dark attics? :D

yeah they are cool. but our old house had this huge pitch dark attic. and you could always hear someone walking up there even though the only way there was from the second floor. It was creepy.. and then this wind echoing in the fire place.. just.. CREEPY!!! and I forgot to mention our cellar.. it was also creepy and there was this one small window that was broken and again, wind echoing there.. it was straight beneath my kitchen... :hea:

Thorir
23-01-07, 00:19
Oh my god!
Well, I'm actually off to bed now, so maybe I'll just sleep with my clothes on. :p

...You mean you usually donīt? http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif

Little-Lara
23-01-07, 03:17
I have a fear of thunder and lighting, since I was a year old. I hate that!! :(

Dmoney
23-01-07, 03:21
Spiders is my fear.:( (shivers)

Ikas90
23-01-07, 03:36
I used to have a phobia of a certain phase of the moon. Whenever it was a 3/4 moon (Gibbous), it used to scare me, and I wouldn't look out the window.

Something about the oval shape seemed to scare me. Call me weird :vlol:

As of today... I don't have any phobias... I think :whi:

Legends
23-01-07, 07:12
...You mean you usually donīt? http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif
I usually don't sleep with my clothes on, no.. :p

the hooliganz
23-01-07, 08:12
i have a fear of the dark (that is because someone already died in our house), reptiles, and more.

Autolycus
23-01-07, 08:54
Is work a phobia?
But seriously i hate Mice and rats but a wouldn't class it as a phobia.

Mona Sax
23-01-07, 09:09
I'm terrified of spiders. That's the only phobia I have, luckily.
i have a fear of the dark
I used to have that when I was a kid, caused me a lot of nightmares until I finally decided to fight it by taking long nightly walks etc. Funnily enough, now I really like the darkness. Everything's so quiet and peaceful at night, it's awesome.

Bullethail
23-01-07, 09:12
I'm terrified of spiders. That's the only phobia I have, luckily.

I used to have that when I was a kid, caused me a lot of nightmares until I finally decided to fight it by taking long nightly walks etc. Funnily enough, now I really like the darkness.

Yeah, I had a similar experience. I used to sleep with my head under the covers, wouldn't stand in a dark room, etc. until I conquered it. Now, I don't mind it, and like you said, I kind of enjoy it.

Ikas90
23-01-07, 09:13
I used to be scared of the dark too. I used to believe in that "spooky" stuff, and I would never look out my window :o

kryptonite23
23-01-07, 11:11
i`m afraid of heights and crushes (my classmates who like me)

nicola1986
23-01-07, 11:44
Im afraid of being buried alive too, and of tornados and tsunamis, I could have died when I heard about the tornado in London :eek: lol

It's weird, when I was 13 I can't remember being frightened of much, except spiders, now I could probably write a page full of things I'm really scared of, I must be more vulnerable now I'm older (20 :D ) lol

Anniversary Lara
23-01-07, 12:59
I'm afraid of crowds and other awkward social situations like dinner parties for example. Weird huh?

You're not alone.

Terminatorvs
23-01-07, 13:15
When I was little I used to have an arachnophobia. But I got over it. I even like the litle creatures now. They're amazing! Don't know, why I decided to bring that up.

Greenkey2
23-01-07, 14:48
Found a list of phobias and their names :wve:

http://phobialist.com/

Funny how much latin and greek you learn with scientific names :pi:

I don't think I have a phobia. Pretty laid-back sort of person :D

Lew
23-01-07, 16:38
I have a fear of your in a dark room and you put on a lil light eg. phone and theres this scary face smiling at you obv. a ghost wow that'd make me run a mile!

star girl
23-01-07, 16:56
I don't have somewhat a 'fear' of spiders, I just don't like them...

I do have a strong fear of wasps and bees though! When I was nine, I was exploring my granny's house with my cousin, and after some time we went to visit my uncle. I seated myself on the couch, and immediately started screaming as a wasp was stuck to my bottoms, on the side of my left thigh, and worse the month was that of June/July, and the doctor said on the phone "There are a few poionous wasps around as well," and well... I guess I was scared of dying at that time, and it's a fear I've conquered now (I am not a goth, so don't even think about it :pi:)

And just a few days back, I was with my cousins outside, when I looked down and saw a big wasp stuck to my left shoulder, I freaked out and started screaming :yik: :yik: :yik: It was kind of looking up at me and.. *shivers*

So yeah, I have a fear of wasps and bees :p

Legend of Lara
23-01-07, 17:53
I suffer from a serious case of Arachnophobia. In short: spiders freak! Me! Out! I'm also very uncomfortable around blood and flesh wounds. I actually enjoy being in high places though. :D

rachkitten
23-01-07, 17:56
Injections and Spiders :eek: