PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bit of a freak of nature!

Bullethail
23-01-07, 19:09
Well, what do ya know? I went to the dentist today to find that I'm a freak of nature, per se. :eek: Simple as that. Here's what happened: Ever since my second molar came in, it's had a little bit of tooth that isn't supposed to be there. I just figured it was supposed to be there, so I ignored it. But then I noticed a slight depression in my third molar. Worried that it was a cavity, I told my dentist to have a look at it. He got this huge grin on his face, and told me not to worry. Then he explained: basically, I've got this condition (i can't for the life of me remember the name... so don't ask :p ) where the cusp from one molar (my third molar) somehow manages to grow on the tooth beside it (my second molar.) Apparently, it causes no problems whatsoever, but basically, I'm sort of, "anatomically unique." Funny, huh?

jjbennett
23-01-07, 19:11
Well dont bite someone and then turn to a life of crime, your teeth will show you up always. :p

J.

Greenkey2
23-01-07, 20:14
That's why they use dental records for identification processes...:pi:

I had something vaguely simliar when I had my wisdom teeth out. One tooth was emerging sideways into my back molar - literally dissolving the molar away. It eventually had to come out along with the wisdom tooth, simply because it was starting to eat away the nerve and was :cen: painful!

My dentist said he'd never come across it before.

Bullethail
23-01-07, 20:19
Well dont bite someone and then turn to a life of crime, your teeth will show you up always.

Yeah, I'd be nailed. The reason I went to the dentist was to get molds and x-rays... :vlol:

I had something vaguely simliar when I had my wisdom teeth out. One tooth was emerging sideways into my back molar - literally dissolving the molar away. It eventually had to come out along with the wisdom tooth, simply because it was starting to eat away the nerve and was painful!

Sounds nasty! :eek: Dental work has two levels. Level 1: Pleasant, though you're pretty nervous. Level 2: your worst nightmare, spawned in the depths of Hell! :p

bett
23-01-07, 22:16
well, that's cool. i have mismatched(different-sized) pupils

Bullethail
24-01-07, 06:45
Well guys, I've found a a link if you want to read about it. I also managed to remember the name. Funny what the wee hours of the morning can do, huh?

Anyways, it's called a cusp of Carribelli. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cusp_of_Carabelli)

clairelovestlc
24-01-07, 10:16
I have wierd teeth too.. maybe we should start a club!!

I never lost all my babyteeth, i think i lost about 3 of them, apparently my adult teeth are there... they just never decided to make an apperance, apparently if ever i knock a tooth out, it will probably trigger one to come through, but unless that happens, its quite unlikly they ever will!

Quite handy i suppose as i have a set of spair teeth waiting if ever i need them, also i was told i would probably have to have teeth out when my adult ones came through as i have a small jaw, but because they never came through, i never had to!!