PDA

View Full Version : something terrible

xcrushterx
23-01-07, 19:34
at the weekend, a girl in my english class got very depressed (why i don't know). That night when she was out with friends she drank a whole bottle of vodka (straight) because of her depression. Well obviously you can't drink that much without getting drunk. She fell and hit her head off something. Her friends called the ambulance, but she was dead when they arrived.
Good news is the ambulance people got the pedals out and revived her ( thank goodness) she's off school for a while though:(
it's her birthday soon as well.
I feel terrible for her:(

Lavinder
23-01-07, 19:35
:( I'm surprised the alcohol did not poison her, I hope she gets help.

danitiwa
23-01-07, 19:36
OH GOD... That's vile. I hope nothing like that happens to any of us and you. :(

Legend of Lara
23-01-07, 19:37
Wow... that's awful. :( I hope she gets better and never takes that path to self destruction again.

xcrushterx
well i think she got her stomach pumped after she was revived. I'm not sure, but i think she did. (c'mon a 14 yr old drinking a whole bottle of vodka straight)

dox online
at the weekend, a girl in my english class got very depressed (why i don't know). That night when she was out with friends she drank a whole bottle of vodka (straight) because of her depression. Well obviously you can't drink that much without getting drunk. She fell and hit her head off something. Her friends called the ambulance, but she was dead when they arrived.
Good news is the ambulance people got the pedals out and revived her ( thank goodness) she's off school for a while though:(
when you said dead i was hart broken but when you said she was ok i was releaved

DMC
23-01-07, 19:49
Omg....She's one lucky girl.Tell her I said Hi and hope she gets well.

Draco
23-01-07, 19:50
I doubt she suddenly got depressed, more likely it was a long term problem that reached a turning point.

Greenkey2
23-01-07, 19:59
That is a real life tragedy; more so because she felt there was/is no way out for her other than to drink into oblivion :(. I hope her friends and family pull together to help her.

xcrushterx
23-01-07, 20:06
i'm quite surprised a 14 yr old girl even managed to drink a whole bottle of vodka. it's very strong, well so i've heard :whi:

Mad Tony
23-01-07, 20:07
I don't even know why people turn to excessive drinking.
They know it doesn't solve anything. It only makes the situation worse than it already is.

Betal
23-01-07, 20:09
I'm glad she survived:) Me and my friend drunk vodka once. I took 2 glasses and it tasted crap.

Lew
23-01-07, 20:12
Well thats put me off drinking....

MiCkiZ88
23-01-07, 20:14
They know it doesn't solve anything. It only makes the situation worse than it already is.

you have yet to live to taste the bitter life. It's easyly enough for anyone with depression, low self esteem or so on.. to hit the botle. It happened to me but I haven't drank anything in over 6 months.

That's really horrible. Im glad that she survived but she really does need help and loving care from her friends and parents.

Mad Tony
23-01-07, 20:20
you have yet to live to taste the bitter life. It's easyly enough for anyone with depression, low self esteem or so on.. to hit the botle. It happened to me but I haven't drank anything in over 6 months.

That's really horrible. Im glad that she survived but she really does need help and loving care from her friends and parents.
Yes, but don't people have the sense to know that drinking will only make thinks worse?

Betal
23-01-07, 20:21
Yes, but don't people have the sense to know that drinking will only make thinks worse?

But it is like that. Ofcoruse you will try to drink and smoke etc. and then you can get stuck.

MiCkiZ88
23-01-07, 20:23

I knew about that. My step sister knew about it. Her friends knew about it. And yet we did it.. I exactly dont know why but it was an rebellious act against our parents and everything else.. we got the attention we wanted that way perhaps..

Betal
23-01-07, 20:25
Many people start to drink because they frineds do. That's why I drink sometimes. I know it's bad and it taste like crap. But I do it anyway:(

Mad Tony
23-01-07, 20:25
Many people start to drink because they frineds do. That's why I drink sometimes. I know it's bad and it taste like crap. But I do it anyway:(
Why don't you say no?
Unless of course you have got to the stage where you're an alcoholic, but you're obviously not.

Betal
23-01-07, 20:27
Why don't you say no?
Unless of course you have got to the stage where you're an alcoholic, but you're obviously not.

I don't drink often. But for some people it's easy to smay no and for other people it's not. And I'm stuck I don't know why I like drinking.

Lew
23-01-07, 20:27

Same but it depends on what your drinking and usually tastes good.

Why don't you say no?

Because it can cheer you up, be fun and you don't want to be known as a geek or anything.

Mad Tony
23-01-07, 20:28
Because it can cheer you up, be fun and you don't want to be known as a geek or anything.
Why would people think that anyone was a geek just because they don't drink?

Betal
23-01-07, 20:30
Why would people think that anyone was a geek just because they don't drink?

Well that's how it's. Some people are idiots and think you are a geek just cause you don't drink.

Lew
23-01-07, 20:31
Well that's how it's. Some people are idiots and think you are a geek just cause you don't drink.

Yeah and then everyone copies them cause they think they are cool.

Mad Tony
23-01-07, 20:32
Sounds to me like it's the exact same thing with smoking.
I do neither, and don't care what people think about me to be honest.
I don't see the point in harming myself, for them.

Betal
23-01-07, 20:32
Yeah and then everyone copies them cause they think they are cool.

Yep. It's the same with cigarettes and stuff like that.

Sounds to me like it's the exact same thing with smoking.
I do neither, and don't care what people think about me to be honest.
I don't see the point in harming myself, for them.

I was like you but then it just happends. But maybe you have luck and wont drink and smoke.

Ikas90
23-01-07, 22:01
Oh, that's terrible :(

I hope she gets better soon.

DREWY
23-01-07, 22:50
That night when she was out with friends she drank a whole bottle of vodka (

Some friends, to let that happen. Stage 1 on her recovery should be some reliable friends, that actually care for her wellbeing.
All the best to her though. Alcohol is only a patch, it never solves a problem.

viper456
23-01-07, 23:06
A) Im glad shes okay

B) Drinking isnt bad for you, irresponsible drinking is bad for you

C) Drinking to some people is seen as an escape from the every day to day life that they do not enjoy. I personally have never been in a situation where i felt like that though.

What im trying to say is if you feel depressed or what not then anything that you may slightly think will help numb what your feeling would seem like a good idea at the time.

Its sad some people get like that though :(

tr_mitch
24-01-07, 00:21
Alcohol's a blast and a half.
Obviously though she should lay off it before she hits the kerb again.

the hooliganz
24-01-07, 00:33
poor gal, i wish should would better now, that is one of the reasons i hate alcohol

Little-Lara
24-01-07, 05:50
Wow, those paramedics have done an amazing job if they managed to revive her even though she drank a whole bottle of vodka. Tell her never ever to do that again, drinking is the worst way to handle a problem, let alone depression.

Terminatorvs
24-01-07, 07:20

Oh, my. A bottle of Vodka! That's deadly (if you're not... Oh, whatever). How old is she?
Terrible!

Autolycus
24-01-07, 07:38
Omg that's so bad, i hope she gets the help which she so obviously needs.

misiaq
24-01-07, 08:05
That's deadly (if you're not... Oh, whatever)Terrible!

Russian or Polish??:p Still depends on what size bottle we're talking about, her age, and her weight. 0.2 litre, 0.5, 0.7, 1 or 2. 2 can be deadly, 0.2 i doubt would harm you that much.

From what I understood she is 14.

Legend 4ever
24-01-07, 10:11

I must agree with you here. Even the worst situation can't be solved with pills, drugs, alcohol, but with much better, different things!

Mad Tony
24-01-07, 12:57
B) Drinking isnt bad for you, irresponsible drinking is bad for you

It can be.
Depending on what your body is like and how it reacts to alcohol.

viper456
24-01-07, 13:00
It can be.
Depending on what your body is like and how it reacts to alcohol.

Thats why you drink responsibly. If you cant take it dont drink it.

Its also VERY important to know your limits. Shame not many people do though

irjudd
24-01-07, 15:18
Some "friends" these were to give a minor vodka.

Mad Tony
24-01-07, 15:21
Some "friends" these were to give a minor vodka.
I hate the word minor used to describe kids.
It makes us sound like we're lower than everyone else.
I'm actually a teenager, but minor is still a term to describe teenagers anyway.

Marija_Croft
24-01-07, 15:23
Oh my god...Not a nice b-day present.I hope she'll get well soon!:(

Anniversary Lara
24-01-07, 15:41
I'm glad they could revive her. Please keep us updated.

star girl
24-01-07, 15:47
I hope she gets well soon... God help her :(

Hyper_Crazy
24-01-07, 15:50
Thats awful :( but I am glad she was revived.

Natla'd
24-01-07, 15:51
Dear goodness. I hope she gets better soon. At least she's alive!