PDA

View Full Version : Bad Tonsils! Nasty Tonsils! In your bed!

Elysia
26-01-07, 13:11
Bah!

Anyone here suffer from tonsillitis?

This is the second bout I've had in just over a month - ended up spending my entire Christmas Holiday with it, and it came back with a vengeance on Tuesday evening. It's disgusting (and hurts like hell...). I (foolishly, possibly) decided to have a fizzy drink under the misguided notion that the bubbles might help... arrrggghh! Agony!

And do you know what's worse? Even worse than the inability to swallow properly? Even worse than the fact that I sound like I've got a mouth full of hot potato all the time? That my antibiotics won't allow me to drink? Than the (ick...) pus...

CHOCOLATE TASTES NASTY!!

Waaa! *sobs*...

Thorir
26-01-07, 13:16
Oh yeah, I get it about once a year. It´s horrible! :(

It´s extremely painful. Feels like a sharp stinging in your throat, almost. And like you have a tennis ball stuck and you can hardly breath. It´s horrible! :(

A little tip: Eat ice cream! The cold helps against swelling (temporarily...)

Elysia
26-01-07, 13:25
Yep - that's exactly what it feels like! Don't forget the headache, though - the one that feels like someone had applied a jackhammer to your brain...

That's what I've been doing... run out yesterday, though. :(

I'm sure work must think I'm having them on... every single time I'm ill, it's due to my damn throat!

Evil, nasty, horrible little bug. And possibly one of the grossest, too... bllleeeuuurrggghhhh!

Margoos
26-01-07, 13:26
my girlfriend gets it all the time and still they wont take her tonsils out, can make her really ill sometimes and its not only hurting her but im at risk too i would have though everytime i kiss her, so next time she has it im going to the doctors with her to make him see that hes a moron and the tablets he gives her everytime dont work :hea:

Thorir
26-01-07, 13:34
You could also try spicy and hot foods, especially garlic. It kills bacteria.

I can imagine poor Elysia lying in bed with a suffering/psycho-killer look and reeking of garlic. :D

I´m not sick right now, I was in june or august... So I pity you!

tr_mitch
26-01-07, 14:58
I had this just before christmas, It was pretty bad. Has swollen to the point where when i spat out my tooth paste they fell on top of my tounge and i had to flick them back down.
Kinda worried me since i couldn't see anything at the back of my throat it had swollen that much, and i was worried that it would cause me breathing problems, but it didn't.
I was on penicillin first but it didn't really work so i went back and got some stronger stuff and it started to dissapear within the next few days.

tombraider123
26-01-07, 15:11
I have no tonsils :D

Elysia
26-01-07, 15:11
I had this just before christmas, It was pretty bad. Has swollen to the point where when i spat out my tooth paste they fell on top of my tounge and i had to flick them back down.
Kinda worried me since i couldn't see anything at the back of my throat it had swollen that much, and i was worried that it would cause me breathing problems, but it didn't.
I was on penicillin first but it didn't really work so i went back and got some stronger stuff and it started to dissapear within the next few days.
This is the problem I've got right now - my antibiotics just aren't working. Still... only been on them 3 days - maybe it takes time for them to sort everything out. I have actually had problems breathing (especially at night) due to intense swelling... gah. Just fed up now! Take them out, damn doctors! I don't want them anymore!

Fish.
26-01-07, 15:19
Chocolate? NASTY?!?!? :yik:

Wow, you should get those removed pronto!

Greenkey2
26-01-07, 15:41
I really do sympathize, I had three doses one after the other several years ago :(. It makes you feel so miserable :(. It was that coupled with the two bouts of ear infections I had at the same time that made my doctor diagnose me with M.E. (not that I'm trying to sound portentous here!).

I really hope you get better soon Elyisa :hug: Get 'em out pronto!

tr_mitch
26-01-07, 15:51
This is the problem I've got right now - my antibiotics just aren't working. Still... only been on them 3 days - maybe it takes time for them to sort everything out. I have actually had problems breathing (especially at night) due to intense swelling... gah. Just fed up now! Take them out, damn doctors! I don't want them anymore!

I gave them 5 days.... but i saw no difference when i was on my earlier tablets, in fact it got worse.... then i was put on other tablets and i noticed the difference a day later because when i woke up my throat was not as sore as the day before.... Give em a few more days and if you still haven't seen progress go and see the doctor, Especially if it's causing you breathing problems since my doctor said it was rare that tonsillitus could affect your breathing, but if it is... then go and have it checked out, safe than sorry remember.