PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Announces Extended Support for Windows XP

Joseph
27-01-07, 05:21
Microsoft Announces Extended Support for Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Media Center Edition

Microsoft adds the Extended Support phase to two consumer products, providing customers with an additional five years of support.

REDMOND, Wash. — Jan. 24, 2007
Who: Microsoft Corp.
What: Today, Microsoft is announcing the addition of an Extended Support phase for the Windows® XP Home Edition and Windows XP Media Center Edition operating systems, providing consumers with an additional phase of support.
With the addition of Extended Support, the support life cycle for Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Media Center Edition will include a total of five years of Mainstream Support (until April 2009) and five years of Extended Support, matching the support policy provided for Windows XP Professional.
The Microsoft Support Lifecycle policy standardizes Microsoft® product support policies for business and developer products as well as for consumer, hardware, multimedia and Microsoft Dynamics™ products.
When: Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2007, 6 a.m. EST

Source: Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/jan07/01-24ExtendedSupportWindowsMA.mspx).

Mr.Burns
27-01-07, 05:28
Well that's good news since I won't touch Vista until I absolutely need to.

abraham
27-01-07, 05:56
:jmp: oh cool! i still cant wait for vista

btw josef is their any difference with rtm version and the retail version?

Joseph
27-01-07, 06:08
Oh what i remember is that in the retail version they fixed many things and i believe they changed a lot of small items (more background images and such)...

daventry
27-01-07, 07:03
Awsome, Windows Vista can wait another 5 Years for me and Internet Explorer 7.

abraham
27-01-07, 07:40
oh cool! i hope the performance is a lil faster:)

Chug a Bug
27-01-07, 10:18
Well that's good news since I won't touch Vista until I absolutely need to.

Ditto!

irjudd
27-01-07, 15:55
Awsome, Windows Vista can wait another 5 Years for me and Internet Explorer 7.

If you don't have IE7 yet you might seriously consider it, as it patches up a lot of security holes that 6 has. (plus has tabbed browsing :D)

Angelus
27-01-07, 16:23
Great news. I love my XP. :D

raiderfun
27-01-07, 23:26
Ah ! Good news !! Thanks for sharing Jo ! :)

abraham
28-01-07, 01:11
i hate xp!!!! i cant wait for vista,it loads alot faster then xp on start up i rekon.