PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or XBOX 360?

JordAAAn
31-01-07, 14:17
Hey guys..
im gonna get myself a next gen console..
problem is i want the best.
i just dont know what one to get but its definatly between xbox and ps.
i wouldnt have even considered the 360 a while back but i've heard bad things about the ps3 and the price is crazy.
and alot of the exclusives playstation had have gone on the xbox aswell now so i was just wondering which console you guys would recommend?

thanks.:D

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 14:22
There is no better console.
It's all about taste and opinion. And the exclusives also play a big part.

But I would recommend the Xbox 360. It is much more easily available and is pretty much the same as the PS3. :wve:

JordAAAn
31-01-07, 14:24
^ awesome thanks..
its just xbox always looked better than ps2 games.
i was just wondering if this was true with the next gen?
ive read alot into it and i dont really understand alot of the jargon lol.

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 14:26
^ awesome thanks..
its just xbox always looked better than ps2 games.
i was just wondering if this was true with the next gen?
ive read alot into it and i dont really understand alot of the jargon lol.
Personally I would choose the PS2 over the Xbox any day.
There are a much bigger variety of games for the PS2. And IMO the controller is really clunky.

interstellardave
31-01-07, 14:27
Hey guys..
i wouldnt have even considered the 360 a while back but i've heard bad things about the ps3 and the price is crazy.
and alot of the exclusives playstation had have gone on the xbox aswell now so i was just wondering which console you guys would recommend?

Unless you have money to blow and plenty of time to wait, the 360 is the clear choice IMO. Games right now are being almost universally viewed as actually looking better on the 360 too. Sony fans will say that "the 360's been out longer, that's all", but the better the devs get with the PS3 they will also continue getting better on the 360... the real lack of bona-fide exclusives until the distant future hurts the PS3 as well. And then there's the price. It's not cost-effective to get one IMO, not when even the most optimistic Sony fan has to admit the 360 is right there with it--while being a lot cheaper.

Legend of Lara
31-01-07, 14:45
I would recommend PS3. SIXASIS, Resistance: Fall of Man, etc.
But if that's too expensive for 'ya, you can always get the Wii. *hint hint*

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 14:51
He did ask Xbox 360 or PS3. ;)
There was no mention of Wii at all.
And there are some killer exclusives for the Xbox 360 too. Such as Dead Rising, Gears of War...
I don't see the point in forking out all that money for a console when you can something that is pretty much the same, for much cheaper.

JordAAAn
31-01-07, 14:51
^ moneys not really a problem.. i just dont wanna spend 500 on a ps3 if its gonna be as bad as alot of articles i've read have made out.
i guess ill just stick to the playstaion.

thanks you guys

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 14:53
^ moneys not really a problem.. i just dont wanna spend 500 on a ps3 if its gonna be as bad as alot of articles i've read have made out.

thanks you guys
So you're getting a PS3, or just sticking with your PS2?

interstellardave
31-01-07, 14:54

thanks you guys

You're welcome, but that's a funny conclusion to draw... :confused: You asked about the 360 too, yet you're forgoing both? I figured you wanted a next-gen system but couldn't decide which? :confused:

illuminati30
31-01-07, 15:18
I don't think it matters a great deal to be honest. Pretty much the same now. I once would have said the PS for choice of games, but MS have vastly improved on who they are trying to appeal to (games wise)these days.

Phlip
31-01-07, 15:43
Hey guys..

I saw a show that had a first exculsive look at the ps3, they where comparing it with xbox360, by having a split screen and playing Son*c the hedch*g (copyright issues), and son*c broke a wall down and I looked at the bricks falling down from the wall and I looked at it on 360 the ps3 and on the ps3 version, that particular brick had better detail.

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 15:57
Oh yeah, I forgot.
The PS3 will always be better because it is "more powerful". :rolleyes:

Catherine
31-01-07, 15:59
I read somewhere that the PS3 has better graphics but 360 has better lighting in there games. I like the 360 but I recommend the PS3. It's your decision. ;)

rewak
31-01-07, 16:01
360 by a mile, better games, better looking (both the console and the games), and cheaper.

Grenade
31-01-07, 16:23
I'd say 360 too. :)

irjudd
31-01-07, 17:33
As of right now, 360 absolutely. One and a half years from now, PS3. :)

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 18:03
As of right now, 360 absolutely. One and a half years from now, PS3. :)
How do you know the PS3 will turn out so great in the future?
The Xbox 360 will develop as well you know.
It really is impossible to tell which will be better in one and a half years time.

ben croft
31-01-07, 18:05
Well, I'm gonna buy a next-gen console too. My choice is: Xbox 360, because it has more games, it's compatible with Windows Vista, and much more. But later I'll have to buy the PS3 just because of God of War, since it's PS exclusive. :D

JordAAAn
31-01-07, 18:12
You're welcome, but that's a funny conclusion to draw... :confused: You asked about the 360 too, yet you're forgoing both? I figured you wanted a next-gen system but couldn't decide which? :confused:

No when i said id stick with playstation i meant ill get a ps3.
but now after all the comments im stuck again.. maybe i'll wait for a price drop and some better games.

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 18:13
No when i said id stick with playstation i meant ill get a ps3.
but now after all the comments im stuck again.. maybe i'll wait for a price drop and some better games.
So after all the comments oh how it's pretty much the same as the Xbox 360, you're still going to get the PS3? :confused:
Sounds like you'd already decided.

rewak
31-01-07, 18:19
They're being darned sneaky with the UK release, only making the big 60gb package available to try and gouge us.

irjudd
31-01-07, 18:23
How do you know the PS3 will turn out so great in the future?
The Xbox 360 will develop as well you know.
It really is impossible to tell which will be better in one and a half years time.

That is precisely why I suggest waiting one and a half years time before purchasing a PS3 :ton:

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 18:29
That is precisely why I suggest waiting one and a half years time before purchasing a PS3 :ton:
I know, but you said it as if the PS3 will definitely be better in 1 and half years time.
But I see your point now. :p

Megalith
31-01-07, 18:43
For me,it's only a matter of exclusives.360 has no game that appeals to me,and i'm much more interested in Sony's line up.That being said,i don't intent to buy Sony's new console until the 2nd version of PS3 comes out.I had bad experiences with Sony's first versions of machines in the past...
For now i'm happy with my PS2 and DS!

(although i'm also looking forward to buy a Wii):D

irjudd
31-01-07, 18:46
I would definitely at the least, wait for the first PS3 price drop before jumping on it. I'm still waiting for a 360 price drop :(

viper456
31-01-07, 18:52
ignore this rubbish about the ps3 being more powerful. It will be hardly be visible in the long run.

Its down to prefference. Look at the games available, future releases etc and make your decision from that :)

I have a 360 and i will also get a ps3 when it comes down in price in the distant future lol.

RedTyga
31-01-07, 18:57
delete this (double post)

RedTyga
31-01-07, 19:01
ignore this rubbish about the ps3 being more powerful. It will be hardly be visible in the long run.

Its down to prefference. Look at the games available, future releases etc and make your decision from that :)

I have a 360 and i will also get a ps3 when it comes down in price in the distant future lol.

Exactly

Don't get a next-gen console just because you have the current gen console of it (I'm looking at all you PS fanboys and fangirls). Look at the GAMES. What GAMES are you interested in? Find that out and find out which console best suits your taste for them.

I look at buying a console as a business decision. Is the console I bought worth (valued) as much as I paid for it? I bought a 360 it was totally worth it. The games that are out for it + the games that are coming out, along with the features of the console make it a good purchase for me. Currentely I do not have an interest in buying a PS3, but as games that I like that are EXCLUSIVE to the PS3 come out (FF, MGS, etc.) I will consider purchasing one later on either this year or next year. And I say exclusive because, again, this is a business decision. It is stupid for me to hawk over $200+ to play a game I can already play on the 360 that is in every way equal to it AND get exclusive DL content for it on the 360 . Stupid.

Reggie
31-01-07, 19:12
Which next gen console to buy?...that is question. And its something I've pondering for a long time...since well before christmas. But after considering everything I want from a console which is something not too expensive, fun and innovative and good games...I've realised that the Wii is the only one that ticks more than one of those three boxes.

But going from Playstation...which I've used all my gaming "life" to Nintendo is a huge jump for me to make. Especially considering the fact that Sony's three (usually) exclusive franchises, FF, MGS and TR are my all time favourites...I'm having big trouble trying to decide.

I've got one friend at school saying get Xbox 360, one part of me wants the games I've been following all this time and another parts wants me to see if the grass is greener on the other side. (the other side being Nintendo, Wii.).

interstellardave
31-01-07, 20:13
The PS3 right now is unfulfilled promises, little more. I was in Best Buy just a couple days ago and a couple PS3's were sitting on the shelf in front of me (and they've been sitting there too). I had the money to buy it right then and there but I could not pull the trigger! Now, don't get me wrong, I know there will come a time when some killer exclusives come out and I will have to buy one! I've always said that I will own a PS3. It's just that, right now, there's no reason to spend all that money; a price drop would be nice, and those killer exclusives have to start coming out. If that's one and half years from now, as someone guessed, I'd advise anyone to buy a 360 first and play some great games now and in the meantime. There'll be plenty of time to save for the PS3 when you finally say "I have to have this!"

Grenade
31-01-07, 21:14
Excuse me but he asked for either Xbox 360 or PS3. :wve:

Samsdad
31-01-07, 21:17
I would not put any hope in a price drop for the PS3 at least for a couple of years. Right now Sony takes a loss on every machine that they sell and with the number of exclusive games becoming smaller they can not really count on recouping that by selling games.

This was reported by Gameinformer:

Even though five analysts surveyed by Bloomberg made a number of news outlets point at Sony’s profits falling 50% yesterday, Sony released numbers today that were much more optimistic.

Ending Dec. 31, Sony’s game division posted a quarterly loss of 54.2 billion yen ($443 million), which was attributed by the start-up costs from the PlayStation 3, as well as selling the console at a loss. Sony says it shipped 1.84 million PlayStation 3 consoles during the quarter and is sticking to the 6 million consoles shipped by the end of the fiscal year this March.

While the game division did drag the company down, strong sales on digital cameras, flat-panel TVs and movies were higher than originally projected.

However, Sony raised its profit forecast for the entire fiscal year through March to 110 billion yen ($903 million) from 80 billion yen ($657 million). The fiscal 2006 sales target remained unchanged at 8.23 trillion yen ($67.6 billion).

AmericanAssassin
31-01-07, 21:25
The PlayStation 3 is, by far, the better system. Graphic-wise and gameplay-wise, the systems are equal. However, the PS3 has better options. For example, the PS3 online program is FREE, when Xbox Live is rather pricey. As of this point even, the PS3 network is working just as well as Xbox Live. True, the Xbox 360 has a better game selection at the moment, however, that's only because it came out a year earlier. The PS3 will eventually dominate, as it did in the previous generation (no question about it). The PS3 also has good Blu-Ray disc capabilities. The Xbox's HD-DVD and the PS3's Blu-Ray disc players have been compared multiple times, with the Blu-Ray coming off better every time. A HUGE advantage of getting a PS3 would be that it can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made, while the Xbox 360 can only play a few select games. Halo, for example (which I absolutely hate).

Under no means am I saying that the Xbox 360 is a bad system. In fact, it runs beautifully (especially Legend). However, all-in-all the PS3 is going to be the dominant system in the near future.

Mad Tony
31-01-07, 21:32
The PlayStation 3 is, by far, the better system. Graphic-wise and gameplay-wise, the systems are equal. However, the PS3 has better options. For example, the PS3 online program is FREE, when Xbox Live is rather pricey. As of this point even, the PS3 network is working just as well as Xbox Live. True, the Xbox 360 has a better game selection at the moment, however, that's only because it came out a year earlier. The PS3 will eventually dominate, as it did in the previous generation (no question about it). The PS3 also has good Blu-Ray disc capabilities. The Xbox's HD-DVD and the PS3's Blu-Ray disc players have been compared multiple times, with the Blu-Ray coming off better every time. A HUGE advantage of getting a PS3 would be that it can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made, while the Xbox 360 can only play a few select games. Halo, for example (which I absolutely hate).

Oh sheesh. :rolleyes:
They're pretty much the same, it all depends on your opinions and tastes.
The PS3 is not the better console, neither is the Xbox 360.

Samsdad
31-01-07, 21:42
As to whether the games selection for the PS3 will dominate is an open question. Games such as Assassins Creed that were slotted as PS3 exclusives are now multiplatform. The only real exclusives seem to be the games developed in house by Sony or Microsoft.

Bundling a bluray into that PS3 and making you buy it, hence the price differential, is a strategy that I do not like. Offering the HD-DVD drive as an option allows me to decided whether I want a movie player or not. As a gaming platform there is virtually no difference between the two systems. The list of backward compatible games for the Xbox360 grows every month and at last count was well over 300+ (not just a few games). Again the decision was to handle it through software emulation and not to hard wire compatibility into the system and make it more costly. The backward compatibility is thus free and not rolled into the increased cost of the system. As to the dominance of Sony only time will tell but I sense that its days as the completely dominate player are over.

gtkilla
31-01-07, 21:46

Under no means am I saying that the Xbox 360 is a bad system. In fact, it runs beautifully (especially Legend). However, all-in-all the PS3 is going to be the dominant system in the near future.

This post just screams fanboy to me. :rolleyes:

People don't want a cheap Blu-Ray player when buying a game system, mmm'kay. Also, it hasn't been proven anywhere that Blu-Ray is far superior to HD-DVD, you just made that up. At least MS allows you to have the option of an HD player whenever you're ready, they're not forcing you to buy it like Sony is.

The online capabilities of the PS3 are by far inferior to Xbox Live. Sony doesn't even host the games, they make developers put up their own servers if they want to make it online. Since Sony doesn't put up servers for developers, they're not gonna bother with making their games online enabled. That's why some multiplatform games are already confirmed to have an online option on the 360 and none on the PS3. MS hosts all games on their XBL servers, which is why you have to pay, and since I've gotten my 360, I've never experienced lag in any of my games.

On the backwards compatible issue, 200 PS1 games can't be played on the PS3 and 50% of 360 owners don't even have an Xbox 1 anyway.

AmericanAssassin
31-01-07, 21:50
This post just screams fanboy to me. :rolleyes:

People don't want a cheap Blu-Ray player when buying a game system, mmm'kay. Also, it hasn't been proven anywhere that Blu-Ray is far superior to HD-DVD, you just made that up. At least MS allows you to have the option of an HD player whenever you're ready, they're not forcing you to buy it like Sony is.

The online capabilities of the PS3 are by far inferior to Xbox Live. Sony doesn't even host the games, they make developers put up their own servers if they want to make it online. Since Sony doesn't put up servers for developers, they're not gonna bother with making their games online enabled. That's why some multiplatform games are already confirmed to have an online option on the 360 and none on the PS3. MS hosts all games on their XBL servers, which is why you have to pay, and since I've gotten my 360, I've never experienced lag in any of my games.

On the backwards compatible issue, 200 PS1 games can't be played on the PS3 and 50% of 360 owners don't even have an Xbox 1 anyway.

gtkilla, Please don't get into this subject with me again. I clearly stated in my post that the graphics, gameplay, and capabilities are similar, if not exactly the same. And, no, this is not a fanboy post. I was originally a bigger fan of the 360. I never bought a PS2. I had an Xbox, which I love to this day. However, after playing both systems SEVERAL times, I prefer the PS3! Also, majority of my post were facts, not fanboy opinions!!!

EDIT: In fact, I want both systems!!! I just want the PS3 first!!!

RedTyga
31-01-07, 22:26
The PlayStation 3 is, by far, the better system. Graphic-wise and gameplay-wise, the systems are equal. However, the PS3 has better options. For example, the PS3 online program is FREE, when Xbox Live is rather pricey. As of this point even, the PS3 network is working just as well as Xbox Live.

You probably haven't played a lot PS3 games online vs 360 games online. Going online to play games with your friends on PS3 sucks. You have to coordinate outside the system by calling them on the phone. The price tag for gold on 360 is worth it just for the instant messaging across the entire system, no matter what game you're playing. Also, if you don't have friends, Live is set up better for you to make some.

In terms of PS3 VS 360 online services XBL takes the cake everytime. There's a poll in the JAN issue of EGM asking what was the most annoying part of the Playstation network. What had the most votes? It's not Xbox Live.

True, the Xbox 360 has a better game selection at the moment, however, that's only because it came out a year earlier. The PS3 will eventually dominate, as it did in the previous generation (no question about it).

Actually, that is the question. One part of why PS2 dominated was BECAUSE it came out before the other systems. Sales for the PS3 are down and their exclusives are going out the window. It be hard to argue that Sony will remain on top when they aren't on top any more.

The PS3 also has good Blu-Ray disc capabilities. The Xbox's HD-DVD and the PS3's Blu-Ray disc players have been compared multiple times, with the Blu-Ray coming off better every time. A HUGE advantage of getting a PS3 would be that it can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made, while the Xbox 360 can only play a few select games. Halo, for example (which I absolutely hate).

Backward compatibility is NOT guaranteed. Think about the PS1 games that didn't work right on a PS2. Also it's not a select few games on the 360 that work, it's a large list that gets bigger with more updates. On the issue of Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD, in what way? It's better for storage but if that doesn't translate into more content, then how is this an advantage? There is none unless it's an exclusive and if it's an exclusive then this issue doesn't even matter. Here's how my friend, Facetioussage puts it:

Let's say you are a 3rd party developer and are making a game for both MS and PS3 for simultaneous release. Are you going to spend more Dev hours to fill up more disc space or will you include the same content for each? A 1st party developer, of course, will be able to optimize the game for their console. So there is no significant game advantage to the formats. Blu Ray may have better potential, but it boils down to who has the more desirable games to play.

That's not what everyone else is saying, buddy.

irjudd
31-01-07, 22:56
After playing Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, Dead Rising, and a little of Rumble Roses on 360; I am impressed with the console.

After playing Motorstorm on PS3; I have not had enough experience with the console after just 1 demo to be able to make a decision on its buy-worthiness. Of its particular features, the gyro axis controller was fun to use for motorstorm, but I'd definitely rather have force feedback instead.

Blackmoor
31-01-07, 23:12
What about these 3 red rings of death I keep hearing about with the Xbox360? And that it sounds like it's taking off it's so noisy.

I was just getting psyched into buying one and read about that. It turned me right off.

I also read that the PS3 heats up and smells like the insides are burning too.

I'll probably get a PS3 when the next versions of the consoles come out. They're too risky at the moment.

The X360 I was going to get as a stopgap just to step into the next gen world, but the 3 red rings and people saying that MS deny there is a problem... I can't be doing with a console like that.

2kool4u
31-01-07, 23:23
okay i have a ps3. The best thing ive ever gotten!!! I have Some very good games for it. Resistance Fall of Man is my favorite. Soon on the PS3's download list Tekken Dark Ressurection will be available to download! The games look awesome and the PS3 is soon going to have a large variety of games in March. So its oficial IMO PS3 ROCKS!!! i CANT WAIT FOR MARCH!!

2kool4u
31-01-07, 23:27
You probably haven't played a lot PS3 games online vs 360 games online. Going online to play games with your friends on PS3 sucks. You have to coordinate outside the system by calling them on the phone. The price tag for gold on 360 is worth it just for the instant messaging across the entire system, no matter what game you're playing. Also, if you don't have friends, Live is set up better for you to make some.

You do realize you add people to your buddy list and you can tell if they are online right? Also the PS3 offers an email type service to send to your freinds.
After playing Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, Dead Rising, and a little of Rumble Roses on 360; I am impressed with the console.

After playing Motorstorm on PS3; I have not had enough experience with the console after just 1 demo to be able to make a decision on its buy-worthiness. Of its particular features, the gyro axis controller was fun to use for motorstorm, but I'd definitely rather have force feedback instead.
thats why its called a DEMO

Mikel Croft
31-01-07, 23:28
I love my x360 :D

gtkilla
31-01-07, 23:31
What about these 3 red rings of death I keep hearing about with the Xbox360? And that it sounds like it's taking off it's so noisy.

I was just getting psyched into buying one and read about that. It turned me right off.

I'll probably get a PS3 when the next versions of the consoles come out. They're too risky at the moment.

The X360 I was going to get as a stopgap just to step into the next gen world, but the 3 red rings and people saying that MS deny there is a problem... I can't be doing with a console like that.

The three red rings were only a major problem for launch consoles, every 360 now has that problem ironed out.

2kool4u
31-01-07, 23:33
See my PS3 is from Launch nuttin wrong with it. My couins didnt get their 360 on LAUNCH THEY GOT THE THREE RINGS!!!

gtkilla
31-01-07, 23:53
See my PS3 is from Launch nuttin wrong with it. My couins didnt get their 360 on LAUNCH THEY GOT THE THREE RINGS!!!

Well, I got mine in March and I've had no problems whatsoever. The PS3 would probably make my room 50 degrees warmer, and I heard some of the consoles don't even work after a few hours of playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAeKMyxt3I

Legends
31-01-07, 23:54
I have an X360, but I want a PS3. However, with that price I'll never bye it. It's just not worth it. Xbox360 is a much better deal.

RedTyga
01-02-07, 00:02

Basically those come from the first shippment consoles. Never buy a launch/first shipment console. They haven't worked out all the bugs of them, that was the case with the 3 red light 360s. As for the noise, I dunno what people are talking about, it might have to do with how it is positioned. As for the PS3s ... they're still first shipment, refer to my above statement about those.

2kool4u
01-02-07, 00:12
hmm thats never happened to me. I played till like 2am with my feinds. 9-2 and it still works.

RedTyga
01-02-07, 00:18
hmm thats never happened to me. I played till like 2am with my feinds. 9-2 and it still works.

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. It's really not a good argument.

It's like when people complain about anything, say lexmark printers. You're complaining about how much they suck then a friend or co-worker goes, "huh, I own one and that never happened to me." Well that's great, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing happening with them.

Some people can say the same thing about their first shippment 360, but the case still remains that there is a problem with them in general. Also, MS has addressed those problems by extending the manufactuers warranty from the standard 90 day to 1 year for every owner.

Facetious Sage
01-02-07, 00:26
Yes, purchasing a launch console is not a guarantee that yours will be bad, but you do increase your risk of a bad one....particularly if there is a strong rush to hit a retail deadline. 1st production runs tend to be a bit shoddy.

So if you do happen to have a good one, count yourself fortunate and enjoy. (make sure you get the extended warranty if you simply MUST buy a first release console).

As for me, I'll continue to exercise patience and enjoy better odds of a trouble-free system.

AmericanAssassin
01-02-07, 00:42
Me too! From what I've seen, there haven't been any problems. No overheating or loud noises (at all), but there are sure to be a couple of problems. So, I figure I'll wait a couple of months and then go buy one.

gtkilla
01-02-07, 00:56
Me too! From what I've seen, there haven't been any problems. No overheating or loud noises (at all), but there are sure to be a couple of problems. So, I figure I'll wait a couple of months and then go buy one.

Actually, there are overheating problems, so I don't know where you get off saying 'at all'.

AmericanAssassin
01-02-07, 01:12
Actually, there are overheating problems, so I don't know where you get off saying 'at all'.
From what I've seen!!!!!

EDIT: I've played both systems MANY MANY MANY times!!! The PS3, SO FAR, has not had 1 problem!!! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST 360!!! I have my preference, you have yours! I want both systems eventually!!! Not all PS3s overheat obviously. I'm sure most do. I'm under no cicumstances disagreeing with that!!! Jeez!!!

Megalith
01-02-07, 18:26

There have been overheating problems with 360's as well.
Things like that might occur in some first version consoles.(Although i haven't heard of any overheating problems for Wii.)

RedTyga
01-02-07, 18:52
Look people, like I've said and what Sage has said, a vaste majority of first shippment consoles have problems with them because the bugs have not been thoroughly worked out. The solution to it is don't buy a launch console. Then you have a better chance of avoiding these problems. That's all.

To keep this thing on track, again, the console you want depends on your style of play and what games you like. If you know those two things look at the consoles and figure out which one suits your tastes more and go for it.

irjudd
01-02-07, 20:26
I just love these particular threads. :D

Angelus
01-02-07, 21:30
I've always been a Playstation person, but if I'm totally honest, I prefer the 360 to the PS3, from what I've seen and heard.

Lew
01-02-07, 22:34
Xbox 360, Exclusives, Xbox Live etc. Removable harddrive what more do you want?

JordAAAn
02-02-07, 17:41
So after all the comments oh how it's pretty much the same as the Xbox 360, you're still going to get the PS3? :confused:
Sounds like you'd already decided.

well i've never had an xbox before. i havn't made up my mind yet. 425 is alot to spend on just the console. let alone 50 pounds a game.

RedTyga
02-02-07, 18:17
well i've never had an xbox before. i havn't made up my mind yet. 425 is alot to spend on just the console. let alone 50 pounds a game.

I never had an XBox system either, but the 360 was a great purchase for me.

Again, you should look at your style of play and what games you like/interested in and see which console offers those things.

interstellardave
02-02-07, 18:25

Any way you look at the PS3 is even more expensive... quite a bit so!

Mad Tony
03-02-07, 00:10
Xbox 360, Exclusives, Xbox Live etc. Removable harddrive what more do you want?
A pointless Blu-Ray drive that bumps up the price majorly!? :vlol:
Note the sarcasm there. :p

Lew
03-02-07, 00:11
Eh?! ^ Confused! ^

Mad Tony
03-02-07, 00:15
Eh?! ^ Confused! ^
Oh.
Well, one of the reasons the PS3 is so expensive, is because of the Blu-Ray drive. But no-one really cares about Blu-Ray at the moment. :p

Lew
03-02-07, 00:17
Lol ooooh okay get ya :D

abraham
03-02-07, 03:49
i just want the ps3 for linux,development and bluray,its cheap for a ultra pc!!!

-DEBUG
03-02-07, 19:39
But very expensive for a games console, which is all it really needs to be!