PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft are liars!

Legend of Lara
06-02-07, 16:48
I did not make this up. These are actual lies told by the XBox/360 developement team.

FFf7AtAOagw&NR

george_croft
06-02-07, 16:55
Worst, and most dramatic video EVER!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG MICROSOFT ARE LIARS........:yik: :vlol::vlol:

Yunas Wish
06-02-07, 16:58
I dont care if they are...Id never buy an XBOX or a 360...Im happy with my PS2 (until it dies, of course...dying implies no more excellent games for it). I still have my PSOne and play its old games, like TR1. Im a Sony boy I guess.

interstellardave
06-02-07, 16:58
360 is selling some units in Japan now... GOW was doing very well there, last I heard. Maybe the SUPER-HIGH price of the PS3 will cause some Japanese to finally look at an alternative that isn't "made in Japan"?

walk_man
06-02-07, 16:59
I thought thst video was about the X360 until it said about the XBOX. Damn. I was planning on getting a 360. Oh well. Just have too wait a while for the PS3...

Zelda master
06-02-07, 17:02
There are actually three of this type of movies, partly the maker is right and partly the maker is lying...

However that Loadscreen indeed toke ages:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

interstellardave
06-02-07, 17:02
I thought thst video was about the X360 until it said about the XBOX. Damn. I was planning on getting a 360. Oh well. Just have too wait a while for the PS3...

You're affected by that propaganda JUNK? Just look around this forum and see how many members actually own 360's--and LOVE them. Trust that before you trust any Corporate mouth-piece or fanboy.

walk_man
06-02-07, 17:04
I guess. And whatever that game was, I'm not getting it. Anyway. I don't think they shoud have done that. I think the man was trying to say theres no need for long loading screens. The processors for that game could and should have made it smaller. Sorry for being dum people :o

MiCkiZ88
06-02-07, 17:07
Meh.. nothing new there
Like no other company lies about stuff :rolleyes: It's just market speech to hype up people.
I'd buy a xbox 360 but the games don't appeal to me. There are exceptions but just a few wont make me buy it.

funny how I knew you'd post a video like that lol :p

irjudd
06-02-07, 17:09
That was lame. What was with the music?

Raziel66
06-02-07, 17:20
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :whi: :D that's a good video

Lew
06-02-07, 17:37
I did not make this up. These are actual lies told by the XBox/360 developement team.

FFf7AtAOagw&NR

Trust you to make a thread like this, I have a 360 doesn't take that long for it to load and wher eit says something like its the games that made it good not the hardware? HA! Thats bull**** the PS3 only had hardware to support it! All the games are ****.

Its made by sad pathetic Sony fanboys :)

AmericanAssassin
06-02-07, 17:51
I doubt the Xbox 360 will outsell by the PS3 in Japan, but to say it's a failure is rediculous! :mad:

Catherine
06-02-07, 17:57
That video is nothing more then Microsoft bashing.

Betal
06-02-07, 18:01
for me it don't take 23 seconds to start my xbox360. It's just pressing the A buttom and then it takes like 5 seconds. And the loading screens isn't that long. It's just as they edidet the video. Crappy video...

TR FAN 18
06-02-07, 18:14
There are 4 of those Anti Xbox vids if you look on Youtube.
That guy who said there was no loading times in Munch's Oddysee is WRONG! I have MO and I get a loading screen after EVERY level. The Xbox does NOT load up in 8 seconds. More like 12-15 seconds.

Tomb-Raider
06-02-07, 18:32
dude this thing is fake! I got an xbox 360 and it does not take 23 seconds!!
Only about 8!

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
06-02-07, 18:43
Worst, and most dramatic video EVER!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG MICROSOFT ARE LIARS........:yik: :vlol::vlol:

I agree. So stupid sonyboy's video :vlol:

interstellardave
06-02-07, 18:53
Loading times are the fault of developers, not hardware. There are games on the PS2 will hardly any load times at all--yet many games are notorious for horrible loading times. Some games on the 360, despite it's power, have loading times that I think are too long while others are very quick. It has nothing to do with hardware--it's what developers do with the hardware.

Xenomrph
06-02-07, 19:02
I doubt the Xbox 360 will outsell by the PS3 in Japan, but to say it's a failure is rediculous! :mad:
Seriously. I'm not going to say Microsoft is a flawless company, or that the Xbox or 360 are perfect consoles, but to say they're a "failure" because of mediocre sales in Japan (...despite doing excellent everywhere else) is a really ignorant and biased statement.

darkos
06-02-07, 19:07

Welcome to the club! They really are! :mad: I've never trusted them...Everything they do, they make it appear just to good to be true!

Megalith
06-02-07, 19:07
Meh.. nothing new there
Like no other company lies about stuff :rolleyes: It's just market speech to hype up people.
I'd buy a xbox 360 but the games don't appeal to me. There are exceptions but just a few wont make me buy it.

I agree 100%.

The video is funny,but the reactions of the ms fanboys are even funnier.
:vlol:

Mad Tony
06-02-07, 19:10
Just what I'd expect from you, Chris. :rolleyes:
You're taking this to a new low you know.

RedTyga
06-02-07, 19:19
Oh God, wtf is wrong with you fanboys. I can make a thread about the lies Sony has told with their precious "in-game" graphics then trying to backtrack to say how those were pre-rendered graphics and that's the goal they were trying to reach.

Every company lies. If you didn't know that then wake up.

irjudd
06-02-07, 19:33
Some games do have absurd loading times. Others have awesome loading times. Oddworld Strangers Wrath has virtually no loading screen time. Area 51 has very very short loading times. Short as in 2 to 3 seconds. Morrowind has painfully long loading times. Just depends on the game.

mau3genius
06-02-07, 19:33
:vlol:

Please, it's pretty pathetic that some of you are actually taking this so seriously. :rolleyes:
It's not like Microsoft is going to turn on fire and the sellings will go down after watching this, you know? :rolleyes:

PirateRose
06-02-07, 19:53
House Philosophy - EVERYBODY LIES! As if the PS3 was released without lies.

Mad Tony
06-02-07, 20:01
House Philosophy - EVERYBODY LIES! As if the PS3 was released without lies.
Exactly.
Pretty much all companies lie.
Even your precious Sony, Chris.

Night Crawler
06-02-07, 20:05
Some people are just bitter because the PS3 is going down the pan.

viper456
06-02-07, 20:10
what the...

what was with the long starting up times at the end? mine doesnt take that long on both xbox and 360 :|

somethings really shifty about that video (and i dont just mean the music)

errrrrgh i hate this whole microsoft vs sony crap. Why cant peole understand that the machines make no difference its the games that count.

PirateRose
06-02-07, 20:13
errrrrgh i hate this whole microsoft vs sony crap. Why cant peole understand that the machines make no difference its the games that count.

Because people think they are individuals, but really they are so brainwashed by these companies they feel the need to fight for these lifeless objects like they are family.

viper456
06-02-07, 20:16
Because people think they are individuals, but really they are so brainwashed by these companies they feel the need to fight for these lifeless objects like they are family.

LOL! very true!

illuminati30
06-02-07, 20:18
Whats with the dramatic music?

I am not seeing anything particularly dramatic! And why is Japan such a land mark for gaming success anyway?

This is not a lie, they aimed for success there, but didn't get it! Since when did the original Xbox down fall? You can still get games for it, it is a pretty successful machine.

The controller issue is fixed with the 360. Plus it is better if they listen to people and release a smaller version for Xbox? No?? So what? It got complaints. The PS3 controller is certainly not anywhere near as close to the Wii or 360 controller.

As for loading screen, he was refering to one game only! (munch's audesy) Oblivion is probably the biggest game ever made, of course it will take time to load! Jeez! Plus if you get a hard drive, it loads faster.

As for lying hurt on Sony, this is fact! With their head start. And every console has a load screen, the Xbox is supposed to be left on, and if you leave it on, it starts right away.

This video is a hopless piece of ****! Accept each console for what it is! It is that easy, and get over the competition.

Legend of Lara will you ever?

TR FAN 18
06-02-07, 20:23
I have seen worse loading times in Sonic Shuffle. It takes about 1-2 minutes to load a mini-game.
Going into the Sonic Room is SOOOOOOO slow. Even quitting the SR is slow AND the music is STILL playing. So, does DC have worse loading times than Xbox?

illuminati30
06-02-07, 20:27
Again, Oblivion is probably the biggest game ever made. Yes it takes just as long to load on the PC, and it will take just as long on the PS3. What matters is, everyone who has a 360, has already played it to death, been there, bought the t shirt and explored every corner of the game, and those wanting to play it on the PS3 have a hell of a long loading screen to look at!

interstellardave
07-02-07, 02:04
In the PC world Microsoft has angered a lot of people, but in the console world Sony are clearly the "snake oil salesmen" of the lot. No console maker over-exaggerates more than Sony! As far as what they promised us, MS has delivered brilliantly with the 360. The only real disappointment has been the slow progress made on backwards-compatibility, but they didn't exactly mislead people on that either.

Sony, meanwhile, has tried to sell us on the moon--and tried to charge us for it too. They have the arrogance to expect that people will blindly speculate on the outcome of Blu-Ray vrs HD-DVD and help Sony win that battle. Well I'm not putting my hard-earned money at risk, Sony. PROVE to me that Blu-Ray is a success then I'll pay for more than just a game machine. There's no way that I'll put my money on the line and start buying Blu Ray movies only to find that, 2 years from now, HD-DVD's are filling the shelves while Blu-Ray is in the bargain bin. That's happened to Sony before you know.

RedTyga
07-02-07, 03:29
In the PC world Microsoft has angered a lot of people, but in the console world Sony are clearly the "snake oil salesmen" of the lot. No console maker over-exaggerates more than Sony! As far as what they promised us, MS has delivered brilliantly with the 360. The only real disappointment has been the slow progress made on backwards-compatibility, but they didn't exactly mislead people on that either.

Sony, meanwhile, has tried to sell us on the moon--and tried to charge us for it too. They have the arrogance to expect that people will blindly speculate on the outcome of Blu-Ray vrs HD-DVD and help Sony win that battle. Well I'm not putting my hard-earned money at risk, Sony. PROVE to me that Blu-Ray is a success then I'll pay for more than just a game machine. There's no way that I'll put my money on the line and start buying Blu Ray movies only to find that, 2 years from now, HD-DVD's are filling the shelves while Blu-Ray is in the bargain bin. That's happened to Sony before you know.

PSP in console form. Smart Sony.

interstellardave
07-02-07, 03:33
PSP in console form. Smart Sony.

Yep, UMD movies are hitting the bargain bins, and studios jumped off that bandwagon months ago! (I'm assuming "smart Sony" was sarcastic in this instance).

RedTyga
07-02-07, 03:38
Yep, UMD movies are hitting the bargain bins, and studios jumped off that bandwagon months ago! (I'm assuming "smart Sony" was sarcastic in this instance).

Of course.

viper456
07-02-07, 07:25

did sony create MiniDiscs? because they were also a bit of a flop too.

interstellardave
07-02-07, 11:11
did sony create MiniDiscs? because they were also a bit of a flop too.

Betamax...
Minidisc...
UMD...

ace_85
07-02-07, 11:46
Glad to see the filmmaker is taking sources from such reliable and well-known games websites as the Christian Science Monitor

:rolleyes:

Seriously people, what is with all this 'console wars' crap? I've always owned a PS, but that doesn't mean I'll immediately dissmiss the 360 or Wii out of hand. It comes down to which company/machine has the games that you want to play on their system.

I've always thought I would get a PS3 when it was released, but if it turns out that more games I'm interested in are being developed for another platform, I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face. And like the Dreamcast proved a few years back, all the crowing in the world about having the 'technically best' console on the market won't save your product if no games developers want to create software for it. I just don't see the need for bashing other companies, it's not like anyone's forcing you to buy a specific console :confused:

PirateRose
07-02-07, 11:52

I feel like driving my point a little more for the silly essay posters in this thread who are defending their precious companies.

Seriously, you guys need to take a step back and look at what you're argueing about.

irjudd
07-02-07, 13:23
... And like the Dreamcast proved a few years back, all the crowing in the world about having the 'technically best' console on the market won't save your product if no games developers want to create software for it. I just don't see the need for bashing other companies, it's not like anyone's forcing you to buy a specific console :confused:

Exactly, I always keep coming back to Sega for reference on history. History repeats itself, just with a different name on its shirt. Not neccessarily that one of the console makers will just give up on it, but that its entirely possible for it to happen fairly unexpectedly.

dream raider
07-02-07, 14:30
This is really demoting but everyone here that owns a 360 is really happy, there are Xbox360 fanboys and Sony fanboys. We only have sony fanboys in the forum. So a group of Sony fanboys are doing there best to demote the 360 by making this video and that 360 is 3 days old I mean it's supposed to get used to loading and obviously Microsoft will exagerate it's called Marketing! I wonder what Sony will do...

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
07-02-07, 15:09
Loading times are the fault of developers, not hardware. There are games on the PS2 will hardly any load times at all--yet many games are notorious for horrible loading times. Some games on the 360, despite it's power, have loading times that I think are too long while others are very quick. It has nothing to do with hardware--it's what developers do with the hardware.
U right

Bethesda says that loading time of PS3 version of Oblivion will be shorter- "-5 seconds". PS3 - true power:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Angelus
07-02-07, 16:02
I've always had a PS, and I thought I was going to buy a PS3, but I'm much more interested in the 360 now.

rewak
07-02-07, 16:08
What stupid Sony fanboy made this? I wonder if there is a "Sony are liars!" video, or would that run way too long :rolleyes:

And i can tell you now that 360 at the end, something up with it or the disc, because mine loads in about 2 seconds after the logo.

Grenade
07-02-07, 16:10
*Sighs* :rolleyes:

I'm so tired of the console wars, will you ever get over it Legend of Lara?

Roddy100
07-02-07, 22:54
I dont care if they are...Id never buy an XBOX or a 360...Im happy with my PS2 (until it dies, of course...dying implies no more excellent games for it). I still have my PSOne and play its old games, like TR1. Im a Sony boy I guess.

Likewise. My PS2 and PSP are more than enough for me for the time being.