PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 1

Paperdoll
06-02-07, 19:26
I know I'm the RE hater around here but that has changed for now XD I just got RE1 and I'm loving it so far. Ok so I haven't played it that much yet and I just died for the first time but it's been way too fun, from the cheesy lines, the very very cheesy-trying-to-hard-to-be-an-action-movie cast introducing intro, to the jumpy bits. IMO, so far it's been better than RE2, which was the one that I played the longest (that kid annoyed me X_X).

And btw, is it just me, or did Jill forgot to trim her moustache? :p I bet some facial hair would be yummy in a "Jill Sandwich" XD

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Paperdoll18/Jillsmoustache.jpg

Yunaīs Wish
06-02-07, 19:30
How can you prefer RE1 to RE2? RE1 bored me, I completed it once using Jill, I did not even bother trying with Chris. But RE2 is a masterpiece, Claire and Leon´s scenarios are fun and the game is huge.

And Jill does look a bit off in RE1. :p

Thorir
06-02-07, 19:30
I haven´t played it in AGES!
But I was very good at it. :D

Paperdoll
06-02-07, 19:35
How can you prefer RE1 to RE2? RE1 bored me, I completed it once using Jill, I did not even bother trying with Chris. But RE2 is a masterpiece, Claire and Leonīs scenarios are fun and the game is huge.

And Jill does look a bit off in RE1. :p

Bear in mind that I still haven't played much of the first one, but so far, yeah I prefer it since RE 2 bored me to death, to me it was always the same old thing and running around to get a key from one side of the building to open a door to the other side while killing hordes of zombies that stood like sitting ducks waiting for a shot in the head. Although I am going to give it another shot after playing this one. At least in this one, the cheesy one liners and awful voices make up for everything XD

Laras Backpack
06-02-07, 19:44
I haven't played RE1 yet, only REs 2, CVX and 4- I adore them! I was addicted to RE2 over christmas. :D
I'd love to give RE1 a try. I wanted to get the remake because it looks amazing but it's only on Gamecube and my brother sold his a couple of years ago. I really wish we still had it. :( But I'm sure the original PS version rocks.

RAID
06-02-07, 19:47
This is the hardest RE. I never managed to beat all of it. I'm near the lab with Chris, right after the hunters attack. Then I just quit playing it. I already know how it goes, although I might give it another shot, once I'm free from all the work I have to do.

Yunaīs Wish
06-02-07, 19:54
Bear in mind that I still haven't played much of the first one, but so far, yeah I prefer it since RE 2 bored me to death, to me it was always the same old thing and running around to get a key from one side of the building to open a door to the other side while killing hordes of zombies that stood like sitting ducks waiting for a shot in the head. Although I am going to give it another shot after playing this one. At least in this one, the cheesy one liners and awful voices make up for everything XD

Yes, the lines are surely cheesy :p and the intro and the human actors :D. Still, itīs a great game :) Though I donīt consider RE2 to be just that.

interstellardave
06-02-07, 19:56
You haven't experienced RE1 until you've played the RE1 remake on the Gamecube. It is literally worth it to buy a Gamecube (you can get them for $60.00 here) to play that game.

Laras Backpack
06-02-07, 20:01
Actually I've just found a used Gamecube for £30 on the net.... I'm at uni now but I may buy one nearer the holidays to take home.... :pi: :D

Paperdoll
06-02-07, 20:03
Yes, the lines are surely cheesy :p and the intro and the human actors :D. Still, itīs a great game :) Though I donīt consider RE2 to be just that.

Matter of taste. I'm very picky when it comes to horror so that's maybe why I don't like it that much :p the setting of the mansion is more appealing than a whole urban setting.

I'd love to play the remake but I'm not willing to buy a Gamecube just for it... when I know that I'd never get any other games for it.

Megalith
06-02-07, 20:16
RE2 was the first RE i have ever played,and i really loved it(story,characters,gameplay,graphics,well...every thing!)After that,i run off to buy RE1 but i was very disapointed.I didn't care at all about the characters,the gameplay compared to RE2 sucked,and the dialogues were terrible...I haven't played the gamecube version though.

Lara's Boy
06-02-07, 20:45
RE: Directors Cut was my first RE game, and I must say I enjoyed it :D

It was very challenging in places, but it is great with it's 'voice-acting' and the live opening and ending...all the blood and zombies....it's amazing all around :D

and Dave is right, playing it on the GC is an entirely different experience...it is so freaky I can't describe it...I get frightened even thinking about playing it :p

Jill is also my fav RE character :D

Scottlee
06-02-07, 21:29
I think RE2 is marginally the better game, but not by much. And yeah the dialogue in the first game is indeed attrocious....

"Here Jill...Take this lockpick....seeing how you're....the master of unlocking".

Why didn't she have the bloody lockpick before they started the mission then?

Paperdoll
06-02-07, 21:33
She was so damn good using the lockpick that they were afraid that she'd might use it to unlock something terrible :D XD

I love the way that guy says blood, looks like a reject from a Dracula movie casting. That's why I'm enjoying the game, it feels like I'm watching a B-movie :p

Rivendell
06-02-07, 21:35
I love Re1, it introduced me to horror gaming!

The remake is, quite simply the best remake EVER! (Well, I can't think of many remakes) It's truly a stunning game. The added bits of story, the horrible atmosphere, the creepyness of the woods, the story of Laura (was it Laura? That undead girl.. thing..?)

Brilliant! As Thorir said - go buy a GC just to play it! :D

illuminati30
06-02-07, 22:04
You should check out the remake!

Lenochka
06-02-07, 22:08
RE1 rocks! I love there hand movements! xD " I don't know what is going on here " *flails arms around while speaking* The cheesy lines are awesome too! xD I downloaded this rare RE1 demo for the PC, it wont play sadly :( but it is full of a bunch of voice clips from the game and sometimes i just go through and listen to some and i find myself laughing my ass off :vlol:

Rivendell
06-02-07, 22:15
*flails arms around while speaking* The cheesy lines are awesome too!

*Puts on deep Barry voice*
"What...is this... ?"

*Puts on high whingy Jill voice*
"Baaarryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

TR freak
06-02-07, 22:20
RE1 is great. It was one of the first PS games I ever got. I think RE2 is better. I only got RE2 quite recently and I love it. I stopped playing it a few weeks ago though.

Lenochka
06-02-07, 22:36
Alittle something i came up with the sound clips that were in the RE1 PC demo folders :vlol: :p

http://media.putfile.com/Rebecca-and-Chris-Secret-metting-xD

Rivendell
06-02-07, 22:38
:vlol: LMAO!

Paperdoll
06-02-07, 22:58
Oh my... wtf? :vlol:

Thorir
07-02-07, 01:01
You haven't experienced RE1 until you've played the RE1 remake on the Gamecube. It is literally worth it to buy a Gamecube (you can get them for $60.00 here) to play that game.

Brilliant! As Thorir said - go buy a GC just to play it! :D

Hmmmm? I didnīt say that, Dave did! :D
Iīve never played a GC. ;)

Does anyone remember the dogs jumping through the windows? Damn, that was scary back in those days. :D

interstellardave
07-02-07, 03:13
Actually, Paperdoll, if you're at all interested in getting a Wii someday you will be able to play REmake then, 'cause the Wii plays all Gamecube games!

Actually RE Zero (with is pretty darn good in it's own right) is also only on the Gamecube, so buying a cheap cube would enable you to play both of those games... again, though, a Wii would do the trick too.

Supernova
07-02-07, 08:51
RE1 is still one of my fav RE games, it has that horror survival element that the other games just don't have anymore, it has so many jump out of your seat moments, you really feel like you are trying to survive.

I beat the game with both Jill and Chris, but I only played the game with Chris once, it's just not so fun with him. Jill all the way :tmb:

illuminati30
07-02-07, 11:33
Alittle something i came up with the sound clips that were in the RE1 PC demo folders :vlol: :p

http://media.putfile.com/Rebecca-and-Chris-Secret-metting-xD

OMG!

LOL!

Paperdoll
07-02-07, 11:47
Actually, Paperdoll, if you're at all interested in getting a Wii someday you will be able to play REmake then, 'cause the Wii plays all Gamecube games!

Actually RE Zero (with is pretty darn good in it's own right) is also only on the Gamecube, so buying a cheap cube would enable you to play both of those games... again, though, a Wii would do the trick too.

That's something I'll consider once I get a paycheck :p I didn't know the Wii thing so thanks for the info.

illuminati30
07-02-07, 11:57
That's something I'll consider once I get a paycheck :p I didn't know the Wii thing so thanks for the info.

Seriously, you should wait and play the remake, it is much much more scary, and atmospheric, and the Zombies come running at you :yik:

nicola1986
12-02-07, 11:16
I just bought a GC for Ģ40 with Resident Evil, Conan and 2 sports games for my bf (the only way I could convince him we should get one lol) :yah:

Havent played it yet properly cos i got a stomach bug :( Cant wait till I can concentrate enough to have a go, hopefully it will b scary :tmb: Not played the original so its all gonna be new to me :D