PDA

View Full Version : I've joined the Wii family!

interstellardave
07-02-07, 02:19
After work today I stopped into Best Buy to get Charmed Season 7 on DVD, which just came out. I went through the video game section, which I must do every time I go in there and I saw a Wii box in a glass case--and it didn't say "for display only" anywhere on it. The guy said they had finally got some in, and that they had plenty of them!

I was running out of time because I had to pick my wife up from work so I only bought the system. I need some game reviews from you all so I can pick up some games tomorrow! ;)

Red Steel looks good, but does anyone know if it turned out as good as promised? I'll probably get Zelda, even though I'm not the worlds' biggest Zelda fan--it just seems like a necessary purchase. So, what else is unique to the Wii, and is also good?

AmericanAssassin
07-02-07, 02:28
Welcome, Mr. Wii! LOL! :vlol: I'm a family member too! :D

interstellardave
07-02-07, 02:51
Welcome, Mr. Wii! LOL! :vlol: I'm a family member too! :D

What games do you have, and what do you think of them?

I just read about Elebits and Trauma Center... they seem like interesting games that I may want to try. I'm looking for games that seem like they belong on the Wii more than the other consoles, because I think ports of games like Call Of Duty 3 or Madden will never be better on the Wii than they are on the other systems. I don't think the control differences for those types of games will ever make up for the graphic downgrade (graphics really add to such titles, IMO, and the existing controls are pretty much perfect).

buffytabor
07-02-07, 03:34
I want to join the wii family but it is almost impossible for me to find any. My town sucks big time.:hea:

interstellardave
07-02-07, 03:37
I want to join the wii family but it is almost impossible for me to find any. My town sucks big time.:hea:

You may get lucky soon. I couldn't find a Wii or a DS anywhere since Christmas. I kept hearing that a store here or there would get a few in and sell them immediately--but I was always late. Then, last Friday I got lucky and found a DS and today I got lucky and found the Wii.

Just keep looking and it'll turn up! ;)

AmericanAssassin
07-02-07, 04:16
What games do you have, and what do you think of them?

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Brilliantly Fun! 9/10
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Great Game! 8/10
Rampage: Total Destruction - Aweful; Waste Of Money! 3/10
Red Steel - Intersting Approach; Controls Suck Though 5/10

TR FAN 18
07-02-07, 07:24
Zelda: TP - Lots to do. Loads of sidequests. Brilliant graphics, excellent controls. DEFINITELY worth buying! 10/10

WarioWare: Smooth Moves - Over 200 mini-games. Great graphics, easy to learn controls. Some mini-games can be hard to understand. Still worth buying. 9/10

irjudd
07-02-07, 13:29
So far most reviews on Red Steel are not good.

petujaymz
07-02-07, 15:22
If I'd just bought a Wii pondering which games to purchase I'd get...

The Legend of Zelda, The Twilight Princess
Wario Ware, Smooth Moves
Wii Sports (maybe)
Red Steel (probably)

Upon their release, I would definitely get...

Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption

:wve:

Tomb Raider Jay
07-02-07, 18:40
Well done Dave, hope you like the Wii :tmb:

I've tried the Wii, it was fun and new but I wasn't impressed, not even Zelda would make me buy this :(

Zelda ~7/10
A port with last gen graphics but it's got some huge scope, includes some classic adventuring which is seriously lacking in other modern games and makes full use of the Wii controlls, still not good enough to buy the console for though :)

Red Steel 3/10
Basically as far as FPS gameplay goes it's this or Perfect Dark Zero, I know what one I've bought - the other? still waiting for someone who wants to play an awful game :(

Splinter Cell Doube Agent 5/10
Ugh...just don't touch this as these controlls will drive anyone bonkers! :mad:

I'll buy the Wii if a big series like Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy moves onto the console :o

interstellardave
07-02-07, 19:15
I think I'm getting Zelda, Excite Truck, Elebits and Trauma Center. All of those games have recieved good (or great) reviews, and all are Wii-centric in that they won't ever appear on another console or wouldn't be the same with a traditional control scheme.

I can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy, or Tiger Woods (actually swinging the remote like a golf club is cool!)

Wii Sports comes with the console, petujaymz. :wve:

interstellardave
08-02-07, 03:14
Well, I bought Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Elebits (they were out of Zelda).

Trauma Center is the only game I've played so far, except Wii Sports, and I think it's tremendous! I've never played anything quite like it--performing surgery as a game! I performed a few procedures thus far: removing glass from a guys' arm and abdomen (he was in a motorcycle accident). You have to remove all the glass fragments, stitch up all wounds, apply anesthetics, bandage him up, etc. Pretty cool. Then I had to remove a tumor from some womans' kidney, I think it was. Those 2 operations were not too hard, although I got the "rookie doctor" rank on them. The nurse guides you a lot on those first two.

On the third operation I had a patient with 3 tumors in his stomach. You have to use imaging equipment to find them, make the incisions, drain any toxic fluids, cut and remove the tumors, etc. All of this under a time limit--and the patients vitals go up or down if you're sailing along or if you make too many mistakes! The nurse doesn't help you as much--and if she has to it's because you're screwing up! On this 3rd operation I did too many things wrong and/or took too much time because another doctor had to take over before the patient died. Game Over.

All in all, a really cool game. I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

illuminati30
08-02-07, 10:08
I actually really like Rayman Raving Rabbids. My mates and I had a good laugh playing this the other night.

Warioware smooth moves is good, but if you have played Warioware on the DS, it is very similar, but still fun.

Red Steel, i have played in multiplayer, and i have to say, i was not really impressed, but maybe it is a better game in single player. It certainly has controller issues.

I love Wii play! Free Wii remote also. Just a collection of fun little games. Lazer hocky, pool, duck hunting type shooting game, are my faves. :D

interstellardave
08-02-07, 10:58
I actually really like Rayman Raving Rabbids. My mates and I had a good laugh playing this the other night.

Warioware smooth moves is good, but if you have played Warioware on the DS, it is very similar, but still fun.

Red Steel, i have played in multiplayer, and i have to say, i was not really impressed, but maybe it is a better game in single player. It certainly has controller issues.

I love Wii play! Free Wii remote also. Just a collection of fun little games. Lazer hocky, pool, duck hunting type shooting game, are my faves. :D

Wii Play is out over there? I don't think it's out over here yet... :(