PDA

View Full Version : Rumour? Xbox 7?? Vs. Playstation 4?

dream raider
08-02-07, 17:13
On the top right of the forum there is usually links and a small information about it. I saw something about an Xbox 7?? vs. Playstation 4 but I didn't get to click on the link. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Hyper_Crazy
08-02-07, 17:23
Xbox 7, is that what the next Xbox is going to be called?

Apofiss
08-02-07, 17:28
Xbox 7, is that what the next Xbox is going to be called?

I think it's "Xbox 720", there is some info about it on gamespot.

irjudd
08-02-07, 17:38
I'm not seeing the point of microsoft using complete circles in the console names...

Fraaadrik
08-02-07, 17:44
If the rumour about PS4 is true. It's way too early to start with that. PS3 has not even been released world-wide, they should wait atleast 2 years.

dream raider
08-02-07, 18:11
It's very strange that they even announced the names now, I think it demotes the Ps3 and the Xbox360.

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
08-02-07, 18:12
lol
will buy all of them:whi:

walk_man
08-02-07, 18:15
Xbox 720, PS4 and Nintendo Next Revolution are all in development apparently. It won't take two years for these to be made. Anyway, I don't think these will come out until after 2010. PS4 is confirmed in the next decade anyway so it make sense that the other 2 should come out round about them.

EDIT: Apparently the XBOX 360 has 3 years and 9 months to live. Also, the PS4 is planned for 2010.

Mona Sax
08-02-07, 19:51
What's the point in developing consoles ahead of time? They'll be outdated by the time they hit the shelves. :confused:

illuminati30
08-02-07, 19:52
What's the point in developing consoles ahead of time? They'll be outdated by the time they hit the shelves. :confused:

As soon as a console comes out, they start working on the next one. Seriously!

illuminati30
08-02-07, 19:54
Xbox 720, PS4 and Nintendo Next Revolution are all in development apparently. It won't take two years for these to be made. Anyway, I don't think these will come out until after 2010. PS4 is confirmed in the next decade anyway so it make sense that the other 2 should come out round about them.

EDIT: Apparently the XBOX 360 has 3 years and 9 months to live. Also, the PS4 is planned for 2010.

LOL!

Maybe they should get the PS3 out the door first LOL

I bet MS are already working on a follow up to 360, and Nintendo, a follow up to Wii as we speak.

PirateRose
08-02-07, 20:08
I'm not seeing the point of microsoft using complete circles in the console names...

I think it's to sound cool, because 360 is used in like skateboarding and stuff. They are trying to get to the teen audience.

AmericanAssassin
08-02-07, 22:10
Xbox 720 -- that's a dumb name. And, I think it' time Sony drops the title PlayStation. It's time for a new generation!!!

Hyper_Crazy
08-02-07, 22:21
I think Sony will stick with Playstation until the PS4 comes out.

April Reanna
09-02-07, 00:48
Xbox 360 - (three sixty)
Xbox 720 - (seven twenty)

I like both names anyway.720 is pretty catchy. Hope MS does have some sense not to name their console 911(nine one one, or nine eleven):tmb:

illuminati30
09-02-07, 01:09
What is the significance of 720? 360 as in 360 degrees, 720 as in???????

Mona Sax
09-02-07, 10:48
720 degrees. :D

It's used a lot in skateboarding and snowboarding, it's a common trick, a double spin. 2x360=720. The name's not very original and catchy, though, but maybe it's just a working title.

About the Playstation: It's a huge brand/name, worth millions, if not billions of $. It's instantly recognizable, too - mention the name to anybody on the street and 99% will know exactly what you're talking about. Just dumping it would be a very bold and risky move. It could work since it would be quite a shock and a strong signal for a new start, but it could also totally bomb. Sticking with the Playstation name is much safer.

Legend of Lara
09-02-07, 14:06
If the rumour about PS4 is true. It's way too early to start with that. PS3 has not even been released world-wide, they should wait atleast 2 years.

That's crap. Ten years at least. Thatat least allows PS3 owners to get something out of it.

XBox 720? PS4? Hmmm...

EDIT:
Apparently the XBOX 360 has 3 years and 9 months to live

WTF?!? Are MS going crazy? Hey Bill, when you release a console, wait a liiiiiiittle longer until you launch another. (at the end of this decade, 50 XBoxes will have been released :p)

meansizzler
12-02-07, 00:29

The technology to even develop them is not even out yet, are they going to be sticking in Quad core Xeons for now?..

Samsdad
12-02-07, 01:20
People tend to forget that the 360 has been out for well over a year. MS stole a big jump on sony for the first next gen console and Sony has been just playing catch up. While Sony is busy managing (or mismanaging) the launch of the PS3, MS already has at least a years developmnet time on the 760. They now have at least 10 million 360 units sold and Sony is struggling to get 2 million PS3. I really do not understand Sony's strategy.

Megalith
12-02-07, 12:35
People tend to forget that the 360 has been out for well over a year. MS stole a big jump on sony for the first next gen console and Sony has been just playing catch up. While Sony is busy managing (or mismanaging) the launch of the PS3, MS already has at least a years developmnet time on the 760. They now have at least 10 million 360 units sold and Sony is struggling to get 2 million PS3. I really do not understand Sony's strategy.

Um,i think you forget one minor detail.
When Microsoft launched 360 it forced publishers to drop support for Xbox(it was a very polite way to say to Xbox users"hey,guess what?there will be no more games for your consoles,so go buy a 360".)
Sony's PS2 sales are still strong and they will be for years to come.

Sony has 3 consoles "active" at this moment when microsoft has only one.
And btw,Ms missed its target of selling ten million 360s before Sony's PS3 launch.Great expectations or arrogance?:rolleyes:

Samsdad
12-02-07, 14:45
Um,i think you forget one minor detail.
When Microsoft launched 360 it forced publishers to drop support for Xbox(it was a very polite way to say to Xbox users"hey,guess what?there will be no more games for your consoles,so go buy a 360".)
Sony's PS2 sales are still strong and they will be for years to come.

Sony has 3 consoles "active" at this moment when microsoft has only one.
And btw,Ms missed its target of selling ten million 360s before Sony's PS3 launch.Great expectations or arrogance?:rolleyes:

That creats a bigger problem for Sony. If gamers elect to stay with the PS2 and not buy a PS3 while developers will be moving to nex gen games then the hot new games will be going to the 360. Sony will lag even further behind. The target of 10 million 350s was achieved the montrh that Sony launched and more 360s were sold than PS3s. 3 times the number of Wii's were sold than PS3s.

I like Sony and the PS2 but I have to wonder if they are relying too much on their history and did not get over confident. A lot of companies have done the same, witness IBM and PCs