PDA

View Full Version : Sony Pictures making Metal Gear Movie

Satu
08-02-07, 22:32
Okay so we have heard the rumors for a while but it look likes it is going ahead,

Here (http://au.gamespot.com/news/6165595.html?sid=6165595&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;1)

Hmm...I have never been a fan of games being intergrated into movies...they just never get it right, but I am dying to know who will be playing Snake.

Your thoughts.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

PirateRose
08-02-07, 22:59
I can't help but notice the key word BASED within that first paragraph. I wonder if it will have Snake at all?

Satu
08-02-07, 23:15
I can't help but notice the key word BASED within that first paragraph. I wonder if it will have Snake at all?

Yes like "loosely based"...which really could mean anything.

Nothing on who will be playing Snake as yet, but they really would have to play their cards right and do their homework on who they choose for that role.

AmericanAssassin
08-02-07, 23:30
Hmmm...I hope it's based off the first game or completely new because 2 and 3 weren't very good IMO. Interesting find though! :tmb:

ARU-lara
08-02-07, 23:31
COOL, I heard that they are gonna make MGS movie like 2 years ago and now they're finally gonna do it huh?:D

Satu
08-02-07, 23:37
Hmmm...I hope it's based off the first game or completely new because 2 and 3 weren't very good IMO. Interesting find though! :tmb:

I hope they base it on all 3 games in chronological order. :)

April Reanna
08-02-07, 23:43
second is too radical/weird to be a movie. 1 and 3 for me:)

2kool4u
08-02-07, 23:45
what all Metal Gears are excellent!!!!

Zelda master
09-02-07, 19:27
MS: Halo
Nintendo: Metroid
Sony: MGS
We only need Sega now:p

Catapharact
09-02-07, 20:56
Halo movie has been scrapped and thankgod it did get scrapped. What the heck is Sony thinking?! Making a blatent Videogame movie out of a series that will only blunder if made into a movie.

The MGS game stories are way too good to be made into movies. Hollywood will just ruin it... completely (like all the other trashed-up VG based movies they have made.)

Why can't they just leave well enough alone?! *Weeps.*

Psyched
09-02-07, 21:07
The Halo movie hasn't been officially scrapped. They can't really ruin a series by transforming an existing game into a film, and even if said film continues the storyline and sucks, it's easy enough to still make another good game. I'd like to see their attempts. They can't possibly lessen my experiences and memories of the videogames; and unlike previous film adaptations of games, I know that the studios responsible for MGS and Halo are working with the film-makers.

Catapharact
09-02-07, 21:14
with the way Microsoft wants to control all the shots, yesp Halo movie project IS pretty much scapped (the just need to announce it officially ;).)

And no... They do elave a bad impression on the ga,e. Look at Blood Rayne and that idiot Une Bowel. MGS is too good of a game to be transformed into a movie. Slid Snake is a timeless character and I don't want his role to be perverted by some lookalike who may not come even close Lol!

I have seen to many VG movies fail to have any positive view of another one.

jamieoliver22
09-02-07, 21:21
This has been known for a while now. It should be quite good!

Psyched
09-02-07, 21:35
Heh, Uwe Boll...

In a particularly pleasing incident, Kojima essentially told him to sod off when he attempted to gain rights to the MGS film.

The Tomb Raider films weren't particular successes, but people still love the games worldwide. The series's image has not been tarnished by less-than-welcome film versions. Likewise with Resident Evil. Bloodrayne never achieved such high status among gamers.

The way I see it, it's best just to forget the bad versions, or at least pay them as little heed as possible. I'm excited about the Halo and MGS adaptations in particular. If they're ****e, then it's a load of wasted potential but I'm not really fussed as long as the studios keep on dishing out the goods as far as gaming goes.

I agree that casting is a major issue, though. Cult figures like Snake and Master Chief can't just be played by anyone; an insane number of suitors were available for the role of Lara. I think they do have methods of finding the best way to translate the characters onto the main screen - the auditionees for Lara had to "shag a chair".

Agent 47
10-02-07, 13:56
hmmm, a Metal Gear movie made by Sony Pictures

if Konami do the actual script, and the casting is perfect, this could be a good film...but only if it's done right

of the the games made into films let MGS be the one that's actually any good :jmp:

Legend of Lara
10-02-07, 15:49
MS: Halo
Nintendo: Metroid
Sony: MGS
We only need Sega now:p

Sonic? Work on it Sega!!! :D

Zelda master
11-02-07, 10:52
BTW ho is the director, i hope Uwe Boll he funny but his movies suck:vlol:

2kool4u
12-02-07, 02:20
Halo movie has been scrapped and thankgod it did get scrapped. What the heck is Sony thinking?! Making a blatent Videogame movie out of a series that will only blunder if made into a movie.

The MGS game stories are way too good to be made into movies. Hollywood will just ruin it... completely (like all the other trashed-up VG based movies they have made.
what? Silent Hill, Tomb Raider and Resident Evil were good. Doom sucked. Find ppl who played + luv the game.