PDA

View Full Version : Good pc game

oocladableeblah
10-02-07, 04:25
What is a good pc fps or strategy game?

Fraaadrik
10-02-07, 05:00
I'm currently playing Quake 4. It's quite fun, I can recommend that if you want a good fps game.

ilie_ fusarau
10-02-07, 05:07
I'm currently playing Quake 4. It's quite fun, I can recommend that if you want a good fps game.

I finished it and it's one of the best games in years .

Mad Tony
10-02-07, 09:05
Age of Empires III is a strategy game, I guess. And it's definitely good. :)

Rivendell
10-02-07, 09:07
Prey! :D

Mad Tony
10-02-07, 09:10
Deus Ex and Soldier of Fortune are both really good PC FPS.
They're both quite old, but great games none the less. :)

Xenomrph
10-02-07, 16:12
If you want a really cool and original PC FPS, play Tron 2.0. It's a sequel to the 1982 movie 'Tron', but the PC game is better in pretty much every way. I love it, and it's my favorite PC FPS of all time.

As for strategy games, I highly recommend Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and its expansions. They're all really well-done.

darkos
10-02-07, 16:32
Try Pharaoh ( hard though ), Zeus....:)

nickp364
10-02-07, 19:33
Starcraft is a great strategy game. They have the battle chest (Starcraft + Expansion + Both guides) for $20. Came out in 1998 but I still play today! :tmb:

nicola1986
13-02-07, 09:58
Prey! :D

Prey is absolutely mind boggling, never seen anything like it, u definetly have to try it :D

irjudd
13-02-07, 14:55
No One Lives Forever 2 is a lot of fun.

Lost_Raider
13-02-07, 23:39
As for strategy games, I highly recommend Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and its expansions. They're all really well-done.

If you have good hardware, try Company of Heroes, same gameplay as Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, and it feels like playing Call of Duty on steroids. With a FPS presentation/graphic, intense strategy and tons of PC Game of the Year award, you really can't lose much.

Eddie Haskell
13-02-07, 23:48
A strategy game that no one really knows about much but I found excellent was Heritage of Kings:The Settlers. FPS no doubt I would say Doom3, fantastic game and better than what's currently "new".

But I would say that everyone should play Oblivion, it puts all other games to shame! :D

Fraaadrik
13-02-07, 23:51
I played the Condemned: Criminal Origins demo the other day. Omg, that game is seriously scary, freaky, awesome and fun :D have to buy it once I find it cheap. The enemies behaviors are so crazy and they're like psychopaths :(

The_Terminator
13-02-07, 23:59
Unreal Tournament 1999.
it costs $4.99 in the bargain bin and is one of the best games ever made in the history of mankind.

Lost_Raider
14-02-07, 00:00
Unreal Tournament 1999.
it costs $4.99 in the bargain bin and is one of the best games ever made in the history of mankind.

Hear hear

Eddie Haskell
14-02-07, 00:00
Unreal Tournament 1999.

Amen to that! I still can't get enough of "headshot"! :D

The_Terminator
14-02-07, 00:36
Ah yes, I still play this on a regular basis!
Just did a few rounds of Facing Worlds last night!

http://mroberg.smugmug.com/photos/129528561-O.jpg

Joseph
14-02-07, 04:37
I suggest you start with some famous old top titles you can find for cheap. Like:
Half-Life.
Blue Shift.
Soldier Of Fortune2 Double Helix.
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament 2004
Far cry

Satu
14-02-07, 10:59
Half Life 2 - Awesome
Far Cry
Fear Extraction Point
Oblivion

I usually look at this site (http://www.metacritic.com/) when looking for new games.

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
14-02-07, 11:53
Perimeter - the best srategy of all times after Dune 2

Samsdad
14-02-07, 13:32
My votes would be for Halk-Life2 with episode 1
and Far Cry (the PC original) The later console versions were fun but not as good as the original PC game.

Mona Sax
14-02-07, 13:36
Doom is always a great choice, both the classics as well as Doom 3. Still the quintessential 'me against the world' shooter, and the enemies are nothing short of spectacular. You can't really top demons from the depths of hell. :p

Far Cry is awesome, too, mostly because of its sandbox-style gameplay. The enemies are a bit annoying, though - the tougher ones can take a hell of a lot of bullets (sometimes emptying an entire clip into their head isn't enough), jump very far and kill you with one or two punches. In those situations, it's often down to pure luck whether you survive an attack.

daventry
19-04-08, 10:03
I went to search to look for a Thread about Prey and this Thread came up so i thought i post in it, i didnt see how old the Thread is. :o

Tell me about Prey the PC Game.

Are the Key Configuration easy and is the Gameplay like Crysis and Half Life 2 with First Person View.

Is the Game very Violent like Doom 3 and do they swear allot like in Crysis. :(

Rivendell
19-04-08, 21:49
Prey is a fantastic game. I played it when it came out, but haven't had a go on it in over a year.

1st person view - yep.

Gameplay is pretty much just shoot and find your way through the levels, like all FPS's.
It's quite violent from what I remember, but I think Doom 3 is more violent. Swearing, the odd F-word here and there - no idea how that bit compares to Crysis though.

daventry
19-04-08, 21:54
Thanks, i like Crysis for its Gra[hics but the Game annoys me when it comes to Controls and they say the F word allot.

Eddie Haskell
19-04-08, 22:06

Quake 4 is a fantastic game. Although the squeamish should turn away when you get converted into one of them. :eek: I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

FomarThain
20-04-08, 02:09
If you want a strategy game look no further than Sins of a Solar Empire one the best strategy games to come along in years.

oocladableeblah
20-04-08, 02:58
omg this thread is old I played prey and it's really fun I want to get it. I like the beginning it's so different and awesome. Indians are cool too :D still haven't bought it I will eventually though just need to quit finding other things to get like gta :vlol:

irjudd
20-04-08, 13:20
I'm actually playing through Prey for the first time. Yeah they drop the F bomb often, but you actually can turn profanity off. It just mutes the words, which sounds retarded in my opinion. Its got some neat ideas going. Personally I find spirit walking annoying as hell. It is really only used for 5 seconds at a time to turn a switch off so you can proceed.

daventry
20-04-08, 14:45
I'm actually playing through Prey for the first time. Yeah they drop the F bomb often, but you actually can turn profanity off. It just mutes the words, which sounds retarded in my opinion. Its got some neat ideas going. Personally I find spirit walking annoying as hell. It is really only used for 5 seconds at a time to turn a switch off so you can proceed.Thats brilliant and the People who made Crysis cant even figure something like that out with a Patch