PDA

View Full Version : Why cant they make a decent terminator game?

TR freak
10-02-07, 22:05
The terminator series is my most favourite film series. I have every terminator game on PS2 and not one is good. Dawn of fate is ok but not exactly great. T3 sucks and T3 redemption sucks even more due to its insane difficulty level making it not fun. I want a decent terminator game to be made. i think a terminator game could be amazing if they execute it right.

My ideal terminator game would be called "Terminator trilogy". You would play through stories of all 3 movies. I'd like several scenarios for each film where you play as different characters. Like in T1 you could play as Kyle Reese, sarah connor or the terminator. Each character would have unique abilities and so some characters would be able to access areas some characters cant. For example the terminator could use his superior strength to break through areas that human characters cant get through. Also he would have vision to see hidden things noone else can see. Human characters would be better at the platforming side of the game and be able to access areas the terminator cant get to. For T2 in the story mode you would be able to play as terminator, John, Sarah or my personal favourite the T-1000. The T-1000 would obviously make use of his ability to make different shapes to do different things. Imagine how cool it would be to have total control over those abilities. In T3 the T-X would be a playable character and you would be able to make use of her abilities. The game would be in third person and would be a mixture of combat, puzzle solving and exploration, with a few platform elements in there as well. After you complete the story mode of a certain film you unlock free play mode. In free play mode you would go back to areas of the film at will and by doing things and collecting collectables in hidden places you unlock things. In free play mode you would have to find certain things using certain characters. For example some hidden things in T1 could only be accessed if you have unlocked the T-1000 for use in free play mode. To unlock characters you would have to do a variety of things. Some characters would just be unlocked by completing the characters scenario in story mode, others would be unlocked by completing challenges. Some would have to be purchased. You earn a type of game currency by just playing through the game and if you perform well in certain areas you get more money. I'm getting alot of ideas from lego star wars here btw. I think if a terminator game was like this it would be great. It would be huge. It would have reasonable sized story modes with lots of different scenarios. It would have all sorts of gameplay elements to it including stealth for certain things. It would have a massive replay value and the difficulty would be changable. You would be able to replay the story modes of any characters if you wanted. There would be different chapters that you could go back to at any point either in free play mode or story mode. Also extra modes could be a battle mode where you just fight terminator vs terminator hand to hand either against comp opposition or with your friends. There could be lots of different difficulties and fights on this and as you defeat certain opponents you unlock other things. Too bad this will never happen. I'd love a terminator like this. What do you guys think?

Xenomrph
10-02-07, 22:22
T3: The Redemption is great, especially once you put in cheat-codes. :D

Also, you might want to track down the old Terminator first-person-shooter games on the PC, like "Terminator: Future Shock", "Terminator: Skynet", etc.

Oh yeah, and the Terminator2 arcade game is amazing.

azumi_mm
11-02-07, 00:46
Sounds you would like to create your own game. Go ahead... :cln: a hell of a lot work you will encounter. But with the right people it could be fun.

TR freak
11-02-07, 11:19
Sounds you would like to create your own game. Go ahead... :cln: a hell of a lot work you will encounter. But with the right people it could be fun.

I'd love it! Too bad I dont no anything about making games! I have the vision and I know perfectly well exactly how the game should turn out. If I had a team I could basicly give them specific instructions on what everything had to be like. If I had any experience in it whatsoever I'd do it myself but since I dont I cant.

Angelus
11-02-07, 11:21
There was one good Terminator game... can't remember what it's called.

TR freak
11-02-07, 13:12
There was one good Terminator game... can't remember what it's called.

What platform was it on? I've only played the ones for PS2. I dont play games on PC so I haven't played the ones on there. I know there were terminator and terminator 2 games on the megadrive.

Angelus
11-02-07, 13:23
It was for the PS2. I think it was Rise of the Machines.

TR freak
11-02-07, 13:35
It was for the PS2. I think it was Rise of the Machines.

Well if its for PS2 then I definitely disagree it was decent. Did you drive vehicles in it? If yes thats redemption. If not it was ROTM. I actually think ROTM was underrated. It was still pretty crap but not as bad as the reviews say.