PDA

View Full Version : Question For Wii Owners.

petujaymz
12-02-07, 17:09
1 - When playing Virtual Console/Gamecube games are you taken to a controller configuration screen before the game loads or does the Wii automatically assign the buttons? I'd imagine this is the case if you're using a GC gamepad as opposed to the 'classic' controller made specifically for the Wii.

2 - I understand it's possible to manage Virtual Console game files on your PC. Rather than using the Wii browser on every occasion, is it possible to purchase VC games via a PC transferring them to your Wii at a later date?

Just wondering/checking/hoping... I'll buy one at some point in my life if they ever become readily available.

:wve:

petujaymz
13-02-07, 15:58
Earth calling Rivendell...

Can you answer my questions? You own a Wii don't you?

kill bill
13-02-07, 16:17
I have one.Say it clearer I dont really understand unless you mean.
When you turn on wii and put game in it it goes on straight away then no.;)

Night Crawler
13-02-07, 16:26
1) There is no controller configuration screen. The classic controller was designed specifically for the Virtual console, so if you have one of those, you'll have no problems as the button layouts are usually identical to how they were in their original forms. A Gamecube controller works better and feels more natural with N64 games though, it has to be said.

2) No.

petujaymz
13-02-07, 16:37
1)A Gamecube controller works better and feels more natural with N64 games though, it has to be said.

2) No.

1 - I take it the C Stick (GC) and C buttons (N64) perform the same functions? The must do I suppose.

2 - Shame about the VC. What's the purpose of being able to manage VC files on your PC if that's the case?

Zelda master
13-02-07, 16:49
No with some games its different, you get a digitale manual with every download, that explains how the controlls work, but when using a GC controller for a 64 game the C-buttons are replaced with the C-stick

And no VC games cant be put onto a PC or anyother Wii:)

petujaymz
13-02-07, 16:56
And no VC games cant be put onto a PC or anyother Wii:)

I've read that at some point in the future Wii owners will be able to manage their VC files on a PC - whatever "manage" means... What would the method of transfer be? Bluetooth? A USB stick? Does the Wii have a USB port?

I'm pretty sure I read the PC info on Nintendo.com last Summer.

Rivendell
13-02-07, 17:22
'Fraid I haven't a clue Petujaymz! I've not tried GC games on it yet nor done anything with VC's either soz! :o

Zelda master
13-02-07, 18:29
'Fraid I haven't a clue Petujaymz! I've not tried GC games on it yet nor done anything with VC's either soz! :o

Just Plug a Cube controller above in it and place a Cube disc in it, start it up like always:)

Night Crawler
13-02-07, 19:20
Does the Wii have a USB port?Yeah, it has 2 on the back.

You can store them on an SD card, I guess that's how people are transferring them to PC, but I think by managing, it just means you can store them on your PC and transfer them back to your Wii when you need them, to save space on your Wii.