PDA

View Full Version : General Final Fantasy Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 14:07
http://i.imgur.com/22QiB.jpg

Final Fantasy X-2 is objectively the best game in the series, all other opinions are invalid.

Discuss.

Flavour of the Month: Lightning!

Rivendell
14-02-07, 14:24
Currently playing FF3 remake on DS, Love it so far and I'm only a couple of hours in! :D The music, the old fighting, spells, swords, kings, princesses, ships, curses Dragons :D :yah:

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 14:27
IMO, the whole series is way overrated.
The only FF games that I find aren't overrated, are VIII and IX.
IX in particular.

Final Fantasy IX has always been the only FF game I ever loved. The battle system was pretty good, there were engaging and deep characters, marvelous locations and a wide array of attacks.
Plus, this game was a challenge and keeps you playing for hours on end.

Not to mention the fantastic soundtrack which I found myself forking £24 out of my wallet for. :p

Rivendell
14-02-07, 14:32
FF9 is my fave too. I love FF7 in a TR1ish type of way, but Ff9 is my fave. :D I adore the music too, Nobuo is an audio Genius!

Psyched
14-02-07, 15:24
The soundtracks are very good indeed. I'm currently listening to an excellent full orchestral version of VI's opera (12 minutes long). I'm nearing a complete collection of all FF-related music, although it peaked at VIII, and after IX went downhill drastically, presumably because of lesser Nobuo involvement. I'll have to play through XII to see if that OST is worth acquiring. IX OST Plus was a bit of a disappointment, especially since most of the pieces were reworkings of the original theme - hardly that, in fact, they were just the theme played on different instruments.

So, who's getting XII over here when it comes out?

Forwen
14-02-07, 15:34
The battle system was pretty good
We can't possibly be thinking about the same game? The FFIX battle system was a disaster. Unbalanced, incredibly slow, punishing the player randomly - the command input to animation/attack synchronisation made it almost impossible to control the situation on the field and whether my command would actually be performed at a moment I'd intended it to be was a roulette. Square really should've polished their frames.

It's even more astonishing considering I'd had no problem with ATB in FFVIII. Why in FFIX Square returned to the flawed version from FFVII is beyond me.

And that sorry Ability System - I felt as if it was more limiting than even Junction System from FFVIII. And people miraculously complain about the systems from FFX-2 -_-

Forwen
14-02-07, 15:47
The soundtracks are very good indeed. I'm currently listening to an excellent full orchestral version of VI's opera (12 minutes long). I'm nearing a complete collection of all FF-related music, although it peaked at VIII, and after IX went downhill drastically, presumably because of lesser Nobuo involvement. I'll have to play through XII to see if that OST is worth acquiring. IX OST Plus was a bit of a disappointment, especially since most of the pieces were reworkings of the original theme - hardly that, in fact, they were just the theme played on different instruments.

So, who's getting XII over here when it comes out?
I am, although I won't be able to play it before the end of May, I'm afraid. And from what I've heard in various trailers and sites, FFXII soundtrack is a very average instrumental score - I think "blank" is a good way to put it. I know that in case FFXII proves to be a memorable and immersive game the music will also benefit from that, but we know all too well that in good ol' times of Uematsu it was music that enriched the game, not the other way around.

Psyched
14-02-07, 15:57
Granted. I do know there's an orchestral arrangement of the old masterpiece "Battle With Gilgamesh" (one of the outstanding tracks of FFV) included - perhaps that will still be as magical.

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 16:06
We can't possibly be thinking about the same game? The FFIX battle system was a disaster. Unbalanced, incredibly slow, punishing the player randomly - the command input to animation/attack synchronisation made it almost impossible to control the situation on the field and whether my command would actually be performed at a moment I'd intended it to be was a roulette. Square really should've polished their frames.

I liked it. :)

Forwen
14-02-07, 16:14
I liked it. :)
I did as well, as the story, music and even setting were superb. Well - they were good enough to make me quite tolerant for the flaws of the battle and level system, and to play FFIX to the end without even considering discarding it. But fights themselves were all frustration, no fun.

Psyched
14-02-07, 16:43
At least levelling up wasn't quite as hellish as in FFV... :(

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 17:08
I am currently hooked on FFX-2. I love acting silly and change dresspheres a million times in a battle. :D

Forwen
14-02-07, 18:56
I am currently hooked on FFX-2. I love acting silly and change dresspheres a million times in a battle. :D
Oh poopie, I turned these animations off as soon as it was possible. I was actually quite irritated the game still forced me to watch this sad show at least once per each dress sphere I found.

Alive_and_Funky
14-02-07, 19:04
I plan to get into the Final Fantasy series someday. I've heard a lot of people saying that VII is the greatest, while others class it as "overrated." Either way, it seems a game I'll have to play eventually, and I really like good RPGs. :D
Would Final Fantasy VII be good to start off with? Oh, and are either Sora, Riku or Kairi from Kingdom Hearts in any of the games?

Rivendell
14-02-07, 19:05
I'd recommend going from FF7 onwards (solely because it's what I did!) I like the plots better in FF7/8/9 than in any of them before it, and find that I can relate to the characters a lot more and get much more drawn into the plot :tmb:

Angelus
14-02-07, 19:15
I've never really liked FF, tbh.

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 19:16
I've never really liked FF, tbh.
Well then don't post here.
If you don't like it, then what's the point in posting in here?

Forwen
14-02-07, 19:26
I plan to get into the Final Fantasy series someday. I've heard a lot of people saying that VII is the greatest, while others class it as "overrated."
Nonono! It's too much of a love-or-hate title to risk getting disappointed like that! (And it's also one of the greatest mistakes of a history, plastering the name of a legend on something like that)
'Cos nowhere in the thread title it says "praise only please", I think.

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 19:28
'Cos nowhere in the thread title it says "praise only please", I think.
True, but I've been slammed by people for saying the exact same thing before. :wve:

Forwen
14-02-07, 19:32
True, but I've been slammed by people for saying the exact same thing before. :wve:
Was it Angelus or me? (that's a rhetorical question - this is getting way too far into OT atm, sorry)

By the way, has anyone here ever heard of R=U theory? Gotta say this is one of the reasons I love FFVIII so much.

Alive_and_Funky
14-02-07, 19:41
I'd recommend going from FF7 onwards (solely because it's what I did!) I like the plots better in FF7/8/9 than in any of them before it, and find that I can relate to the characters a lot more and get much more drawn into the plot :tmb:
Thanks for the advice.

What are the originals like anyway? I don't really mind if the plots aren't too good, I just want the adventure itself to be good. :p
Nonono! It's too much of a love-or-hate title to risk getting disappointed like that! (And it's also one of the greatest mistakes of a history, plastering the name of a legend on something like that)
Sorry, but it's a risk I have to take. What don't you like about it anyway? I have heard that *possible spoiler* Cloud dresses in drag *end of spoiler*, is that a reason why?

Forwen
14-02-07, 19:52
Thanks for the advice.

What are the originals like anyway? I don't really mind if the plots aren't too good, I just want the adventure itself to be good. :p

Sorry, but it's a risk I have to take. What don't you like about it anyway? I have heard that *possible spoiler* Cloud dresses in drag *end of spoiler*, is that a reason why?
You know, once I decided to try and sum up my opinion on what's wrong with FFVII in a form of an article. So far it's got about 20 pages in MS Word :o

I think you shouldn't start out with FFVII because it's already a relict - something to know, but probably not to enjoy. It's a history of FF, not its present - it's got a plot full of holes (way beyond "open to interpretation"), mostly sketchy (and I believe cheap) characters, unbalanced narration, rather frustrating battle system (not as much as FFIX though). Imo starting with FFVII in this day 'n' age is like watching a film you've wanted to see for ages on a monochrome TV. Sure it's history, but it's not exciting anymore - even worse if you were convinced before that monochrome TV is the best thing that can happen to a film fan.

By the way - nope, I had no problem with a drag ;) Why should I? This scene was actually one of the better ones in the entire game, and one of the very few moments I actually smiled. Not surprising, as first 7-10 hours if the game are in my opinion the most polished.

Kiss-Bite
14-02-07, 19:53
I'm so excited right now as i know that FF12 is being released here in the UK next week after a wait that has seemed like an eternity!:jmp: I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan & love them all for a different reasons.:)

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 19:55
I'm so excited right now as i know that FF12 is being released here in the UK next week after a wait that has seemed like an eternity!:jmp: I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan & love them all for a different reasons.:)

I'm not really excited about FFXII really, since FFX the games have kind of got worse...

Angelus
14-02-07, 19:59

The thread is called "General Final Fantasy Thread", and I was just giving my general opinion on FF. Sorry if I've annoyed you or something. :)

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 20:05
The thread is called "General Final Fantasy Thread", and I was just giving my general opinion on FF. Sorry if I've annoyed you or something. :)
Well you did a little, because I just don't see the point in posting if there isn't even gonna be a reason why. :wve:

Alive_and_Funky
14-02-07, 20:19
You know, once I decided to try and sum up my opinion on what's wrong with FFVII in a form of an article. So far it's got about 20 pages in MS Word :o

I think you shouldn't start out with FFVII because it's already a relict - something to know, but probably not to enjoy. It's a history of FF, not its present - it's got a plot full of holes (way beyond "open to interpretation"), mostly sketchy (and I believe cheap) characters, unbalanced narration, rather frustrating battle system (not as much as FFIX though). Imo starting with FFVII in this day 'n' age is like watching a film you've wanted to see for ages on a monochrome TV. Sure it's history, but it's not exciting anymore - even worse if you were convinced before that monochrome TV is the best thing that can happen to a film fan.

By the way - nope, I had no problem with a drag ;) Why should I? This scene was actually one of the better ones in the entire game, and one of the very few moments I actually smiled. Not surprising, as first 7-10 hours if the game are in my opinion the most polished.
I see. Well, I still plan to play it (I doubt anything you say will change my mind about that :p), but I'll think hard about which one to play first.

About the drag thing, I wasn't implying that you have a problem with one, I just thought that it might have been out of place. I'm not sure when and why that happens in the game though, so I just sort of jumped to the conclusion that it might have been a stupid thing that was put in the game. By "stupid thing that was put in," I mean something which leaves you thinking "Why the heck is that in the game?", you know what I mean?

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 20:28
I like FFXII. It has a great battle system.

Forwen
14-02-07, 20:39
I see. Well, I still plan to play it (I doubt anything you say will change my mind about that :p), but I'll think hard about which one to play first.
I'm not trying to discourage you from playing it - if only because it's advisable and welcome to know what people are discussing all over the game world ;) Just urging you to reconsider playing it as your first FF, because some concepts are way out of date and not fun anymore.

Oh well - that was an opinion of a one that is from the haters' camp anyway. Believe me, no matter what FF you'll ask about you will always get black&white opinions, so I guess you will just go your own way with the series, as most do.
About the drag thing, I wasn't implying that you have a problem with one, I just thought that it might have been out of place. I'm not sure when and why that happens in the game though, so I just sort of jumped to the conclusion that it might have been a stupid thing that was put in the game. By "stupid thing that was put in," I mean something which leaves you thinking "Why the heck is that in the game?", you know what I mean?
Yep, now I do. And even though it's a tad controversial scene in FF fanbase I didn't have a problem with it. It was absurd, and I like absurdity ;)

Megalith
14-02-07, 20:42
I'm a second gen FF Fan (FFVII was the first i played),and i love everything FF related (yes,even X-2).
I can't wait to play FFXII!!!
After that i will have to buy FFIII...arrrgg,too many games too play and so little time!!!:D

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 20:58
Currently playing FFVIII. Planning on getting Bahamut, Eden and Doomtrain now. Then, Ultimecia´s Castle! :D I love this game...

My thoughts:

Best Plot/Story: FFX
Best Ending ever: FFX
Worst Ending ever: FFXII
Best gameplay: FFXII
Best and most used Summons: FFVIII
Best Love Story: FFX
Best Character: Yuna
Worst Character: Irvine Kinneas (he kind of forgot his personality at home when the game was made)
Perfect Couple: Squall and Rinoa

:)

Yes, random thoughts, but I like them :P

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:01
I think the best love story was Squall and Rinoa.

Rivendell
14-02-07, 21:04
I think the best love story was Zidane and Garnet :D That final clip is just so touching!

Forwen
14-02-07, 21:05
Worst Character: Irvine Kinneas (he kind of forgot his personality at home when the game was made)

I say he's got some, but true, I wouldn't call him a deep character.

Uh oh, do I smell potential FFXII spoilers coming up?

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 21:06
I think the best love story was Squall and Rinoa.

I thought so too...I remembered it so amazing...but after replaying FFVIII (these days, I´m on disc 3, after the Ragnarok and before the Lunatic Pandora events with Raijin, Fujin and Seifer) I got to the conclusion that he is the weirdest guy ever. I remembered the Ragnarok moment between them really romantic...but he was quite cold all the time (not Alllll the time, but most of the time). I was disappointed.
Tidus and Yuna´s love is full of wishes, promises for a better life, hopes for the future, a charming song (Suteki da ne), tears, dramatic moments (ending, lake Macalania, Al Bhed site -when he understands she is to die when summoning the Final Aeon-). I love everything about their relationship and would have been the hapiest person with a FFX-3!:p

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 21:08
Uh oh, do I smell potential FFXII spoilers coming up?

No, don´t worry, I won´t say anything that might spoil you any detail :D I was just criticizing the ending.

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:11
I thought so too...I remembered it so amazing...but after replaying FFVIII (these days, I´m on disc 3, after the Ragnarok and before the Lunatic Pandora events with Raijin, Fujin and Seifer) I got to the conclusion that he is the weirdest guy ever. I remembered the Ragnarok moment between them really romantic...but he was quite cold all the time (not Alllll the time, but most of the time). I was disappointed.
Tidus and Yuna´s love is full of wishes, promises for a better life, hopes for the future, a charming song (Suteki da ne), tears, dramatic moments (ending, lake Macalania, Al Bhed site -when he understands she is to die when summoning the Final Aeon-). I love everything about their relationship and would have been the hapiest person with a FFX-3!:p

Well Squall can be cold hearted some, well near enough all the time, but at the end of disk 2 where Rinoa is possessed by the Sorceress (Ultimitia) he shows more emotions, mainly to do with Rinoa. At when they are in the Ragnarok in Space there was a real romantic scene, and when he rescues her from the Sorceress Memorial place (I can't remember the name). Actually I am not sure which was a better Love Story, thanks Yuna's Wish lol.

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 21:13
What kind of "bad" was XII's ending? Disappointing? Shocking? Cheesy? Confusing?

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 21:16
Actually I am not sure which was a better Love Story, thanks Yuna's Wish lol.

You´re welcome! :D I´m sure Squall can be cold hearted (REALLY) some times...but he´s quite a different person when he carries her to Esthar, while she´s sleeping, and when he is so desperate to save her when she is floating nowhere in space. I still wonder how did Rinoa resist so much time hanging in Balamb Garden´s ledge while waiting to be rescued :p However, I love the game!

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 21:19
Who here thought Black Waltz No.3 was just awesome? :D
Reminds me of Natla a little bit.

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:22
Black Waltz 3 was quite awesome :)

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 21:22
The ending of VIII is great. :D
Wait what. It's not! It's weird and deus ex machina-y!

Rikku~

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:23
The ending of VIII is great. :D
Oh, and Paine rules. :ohn:

The ending of FFVIII was great, I like the song better :D
I prefer Lulu to Paine.

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 21:26
What kind of "bad" was XII's ending? Disappointing? Shocking? Cheesy? Confusing?

If I say which kind of ending it has, I´ll spoil it for some (mainly Forwen) :D It was just not "magic".

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 21:27
HAHAHA FFX-2

Please, past self. Play other FFs.

Rivendell
14-02-07, 21:27
Who here thought Black Waltz No.3 was just awesome? :D
Reminds me of Natla a little bit.

Refresh my memory please! :D

Mad Tony
14-02-07, 21:28
Refresh my memory please! :D
Perhaps this? :D

RTpdqO-Hk5Y

Rivendell
14-02-07, 21:31
Ahh the one who watches them from a rock in the canyon! :D He/she/it was cool!

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 21:34
My future self has an obsession with Final Fantasy XII. Pfff...
LOL FFX-2

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:37
Ahh the one who watches them from a rock in the canyon! :D He/she/it was cool!

We don't know what it is...

It seems I have an obsession with X-2 right now. pff...
Anyway wouldn't this picture make a splendid avatar?:D
http://archive.gamespy.com/gssked/march30-april5/ffx2.jpg

That would make a good Avatar :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 21:40
That would make a good Avatar :tmb:

Indeed :tmb: Well, I´m going to continue FFVIII...I´m going to pay more gils to the Shumi so I can draw more Ultima magic. Do you know any Draw Point of Ultima I might use without spending money (and time so it regenerates)? Or a monster I can draw it from? :)

Psyched
14-02-07, 21:49

To be fair, VI was very well-developed also.

Yuna´s Wish - you can draw ultima from the Island Closest to Hell (and I presume, its counterpart closest to Heaven). I'd ensure that you've got Diablos's Enc-None ability, and then you can just wander about the island pressing X and drawing all kinds of insanely powerful magicks.

Legend of Lara
14-02-07, 21:50
I faffed about with the picture for a bit. What do you think?
I think it's abhorrent.

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 21:51
Maybe you should put Legend of Lara more more in the centre, but besides from that it is good :tmb:

I loved FFVI, it is one of my favourite Final Fantasys

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 21:52

Yuna´s Wish - you can draw ultima from the Island Closest to Hell (and I presume, its counterpart closest to Heaven). I'd ensure that you've got Diablos's Enc-None ability, and then you can just wander about the island pressing X and drawing all kinds of insanely powerful magicks.

Thank you very much! :tmb: I´ll be sure to look there (using, of course, the none encounter ability...a Ruby Dragon could currently kill me in a second) :p Siren´s ability to see Hidden Draw Points is also required, right? (I already have it too....Cactuar Island is the best, your GFs learn so much there) :D

Psyched
14-02-07, 22:00
Well, enemies in FFVIII do level up as you do - so in theory, the lower the level you attack them with, the easier they are. But I know that's not necessarily the case. I didn't use Siren's ability, instead stumbling blindly, since the island is really rich in draw points. Still, it'll be easier for you to utilise it.

I loved FFVI, it is one of my favourite Final Fantasys

***SPOILERS OF FFVI BELOW, in case you've not played it***

My third favourite, and the step-up from V was significant and very welcome (the directors of the game were changed at this point, which perhaps was the major factor in said alteration). For the first time, too, the music broke its traditional cliched fantasy style and the game was further removed from the medieval manners of the past instalments. The characters were better developed and real emotion was evoked; General Leo's death was a really sad moment, and Kefka was such a good personality, complemented by an equally excellent theme. Not forgetting, of course, the inspirational moments of the opera, Doma, the Floating Continent, Kefka's taking over of the world and the final fight when Dancing Mad plays.

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 22:05
Wasn't Final Fantasy VI the first Final Fantasy where you could actually choose to go in your party? Oh yes, it was, I remember in FFI you get to choose a job for each of your 4 characters, in FFII random people came in to party lol, in FFIII I have no idea because I have never played it, but it is most probably like FFI, FFIV people would leave and then people would join your party, in FFV you used the same 4 characters, Bartz, Reina, Galuf, and Faris, well until Galf dies and you get Krille (I am going by the European names).

Psyched
14-02-07, 22:08
That's right. Another innovation was the lack of such a convoluted battle system, although V's was playable. Galuf's death was quite sad. I suppose Exdeath was a bit of a hard bugger - for a tree.

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 22:10
I didn't really care about Galuf to tell the truth.

Yuna´s Wish
14-02-07, 22:12
Thanks a lot Psyched! I found many Ultima, Flare, Aura and Holy Draw Points in both islands! :tmb: And thankfully, I got stronger with them. The last Ruby Dragon I found attacked me in an Ambush and used the attack that affects the 3 characters...Rinoa had 9330 Hp and she died too :p I must do something with their defense.

Psyched
14-02-07, 22:17
It was the manner in which he died rather than the death of his character that did it for me. The problem was, it was always coming, really. Leo's and Aeris's deaths were sudden and fairly unexpected, but I was pretty much waiting for Galuf to kick the bucket. The same goes for Tellah from IV (an instalment in which they seemed to kill off characters for fun, really, mitigating the sad effect).

Yuna - do you have all the GFs yet? Doomtrain helps tremendously with virtually all powerful foes. You will literally (or thereabouts) never have to worry about a Ruby Dragon again.

The good thing about those powerful spells is that, when junctioned to your stats, they give a massive boost. High statistics can be augmented with modifiers from your GFs to their limits.

Hyper_Crazy
14-02-07, 23:05
@ Yuna's Wish

Here is a video about Tidus and Yuna (Which by the way I didn't make)

oWkwazbWQVs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oWkwazbWQVs

Forwen
14-02-07, 23:39
http://archive.gamespy.com/gssked/march30-april5/ffx2.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/FFx2.gif Shame it's about 11 times too big huh :tea:

How can you discuss FFVIII level and battle system without me like that! :( Especially since I don't remember a thing, and I used to pack dozens of hours into that.

Yuna's Wish: would it be of any use to you?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/DrawMap.jpg

I'm planning to change my avatar as soon as I'm allowed to (that's today actually) because with that size the Star Destroyer looks like a plastic pancake, and that's what I've been planning to stick with:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/QuisMoreBack.jpg or http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/Quisback1.jpg

What do you guys think? They still need some editing though, especially the second one - it looks lousy around the edges.

Psyched
14-02-07, 23:45
I like the first one more.

Tomb Raider 5194
14-02-07, 23:50
Ohh I love Quistis from FFVIII I want to play the game after I saw some clips from gameplay in the game and after it reminded of Quistis too :D .

Yuna´s Wish
15-02-07, 00:36
@ Hyper Crazy: Thank you so much! I love these videos. Do you still have any doubt concerning which the best love story is? Seeing Yuna running towards Tidus and trespassing his body...

@ Forwen: That map is superb. I´ll be sure to use it and draw as much magic as I can. I´ve just got 100 Ultima(s) for Squall...I need another 200 :p Thanks for the map, it´s pretty useful! :tmb:

@ Psyched: I still don´t have Doomtrain. I already got the Remedies +, but I still have to get the Steel Pipes and the Malboro Tentacles to summon Doomtrain (I also got the ring). I´ve just defeated Bahamut and I´m training him on Cactuar Island :)

Atim
15-02-07, 02:59
Do they have a new trailer for final fantasy 13 and versus 13 i havent seen any lately if they do can you give me the link please thanks or if they are can you tell me please thanks

Hyper_Crazy
15-02-07, 12:01
I know that Advent Children isn't a video game but did anyone know that the wolf was Zack?

Megalith
15-02-07, 14:45
I know that Advent Children isn't a video game but did anyone know that the wolf was Zack?

Actually i've read somewhere that Nomura said that the wolf symbolizes Clouds quilt over the loss of those close to him,and his loneliness(the wolf dissapears when Cloud finds peace with himself and returns to his friends).

RAID
15-02-07, 14:54
Final Fantasy is great. Talk about it here. :D
All universes I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII. :wve:
God bless you for creating this thread.

8 and 9 are the best. They're the very last two games in the FF series if you ask me. X/X-2 are just lame and boring interactive movies. I don't think that even Advent Children had that much chit chat in it...

8 days to go for PAL version of XII :jmp:

Hyper_Crazy
15-02-07, 22:37
Actually i've read somewhere that Nomura said that the wolf symbolizes Clouds quilt over the loss of those close to him,and his loneliness(the wolf dissapears when Cloud finds peace with himself and returns to his friends).

Thats another theory, but the wolf was first sighted outside Midgar where the Buster Sword was, and where Zack was shot down, and then when Cloud faints in the Church there is the same wolf, and at the end of the game we see Zack, and Aeris, who is interacting with the children.

Yuna´s Wish
16-02-07, 01:12
Just to keep you informed of my progress guys (and to thank you for your help) :)

I´ve just obtained Doomtrain and the best weapon for Zell. I still have to find the other 5 weapons and Eden (I´ve not even got into the Research Facility yet). When I achieve those tasks, I´ll get into the Lunatic Pandora and continue the normal game until I finish. I don´t care about the Cards (gathering all the cards) but I have the most useful ones, like Laguna´s and Bahamut´s Cards If I ever need to trade them for the Heros and Megalixirs.

EDIT (update): I got Eden, defeated Raijin, Fujin, Seifer, Adel, Sorceresses, Sphinxaur, Tri-point, Krysta, Gargantua, Red Giant, Catoblepas, Trauma, Tiamat, Ultimecia, Greiver, Ulti-Griever, and the Real Ultimecia...it was lovely, but easy. And Doomtrain was really useful :) I still have to defy Omega, but I´ll wait a bit, I want to rest.

P.S.: I loved the Ending (this is the first time I finish FFVIII) and Raine and Laguna almost make me cry.

RAID
16-02-07, 18:59
Alan, I got a question for you about 12. Do you automatically heal at every save point, leaving the game to be easy and unchallenging like FFX?

Speaking of which, what's the use of inns in FFX?

Yuna´s Wish
16-02-07, 19:19
Alan, I got a question for you about 12. Do you automatically heal at every save point, leaving the game to be easy and unchallenging like FFX?

Speaking of which, what's the use of inns in FFX?

The Save Points DO heal you in FFXII too, but you´re always praying to find a save crystal soon ;)
And the inns of FFX are completely ridiculous. FFXII doesn´t have them.

EDIT: There are three different save crystals: the blue save crystal (in which you can only save); the orange gate save crystal (that allows you to teleport to another previously visited crystal -a list of places where you´ve been is automatically displayed- if you have teleport stones); and blue save crystals that are affected by a bug you´re to defeat to "clean" the crystal and save the game.

Yuna´s Wish
16-02-07, 19:32
unchallenging like FFX?

FFXII is the most challenging FF I´ve played (making VIII, IX, X, X-2 mere "Barbie" games) :)

Forwen
16-02-07, 19:56
blue save crystals that are affected by a bug you´re to defeat to "clean" the crystal and save the game.
What? H4Xor! :vlol:

Yuna's Wish - did you play FFXII in Wait or Active mode and/or with Gambit on? I figure these modes can change pretty much entire strategy in battle - quite contrary to their relatively minor role in previous FFs.

Yuna´s Wish
16-02-07, 20:09
What? H4Xor! :vlol:

Yuna's Wish - did you play FFXII in Wait or Active mode and/or with Gambit on? I figure these modes can change pretty much entire strategy in battle - quite contrary to their relatively minor role in previous FFs.

In Wait mode and without many Gambits. I got to the end of the game using only 3 characters: 1 of them, the leader, didn´t have any gambit, but the other 2 had only one gambit (the "Attack the nearest foe" gambit). When I started to do the sidequests and I happened to face stronger enemies, gamits were a must for all the characters, including the leader. When you use the Gambits, the battle becomes almost automatical and there is not much difference between Active or Wait because you´re hardly required to give an extra order that was not specified by the gambits :)

RAID
16-02-07, 20:40
FFXII is the most challenging FF I´ve played (making VIII, IX, X, X-2 mere "Barbie" games) :)
That's good to know.

How long did it take for you to finish it, with all Espers and all?

Yuna´s Wish
16-02-07, 20:45
It took me 80 hours with all the Espers and 150 hours with the main sidequests done and the most powerful enemies defeated (the style of Omega weapon, Ozma, the Dark Aeons and Penance...the ones you´re not required to beat but you do it anyway to prove you´re the best) :p

Forwen
16-02-07, 20:48
It took me 80 hours
Main Quest only?! Dear Hyne, so such games are still made?

RAID
16-02-07, 20:49
Awesome. I do hope however it's not Dark Espers. I miss original enemies like Ozma or the Weapons from FF8.

Yuna´s Wish
16-02-07, 20:53
Main Quest only?! Dear Hyne, so such games are still made?

:vlol: You know, I had a very similar thought...games, nowadays, are way too short, even RPGs. It´s disappointing. But this one is huge because of all the leveling up and the immense places you´ll visit. the smallest dungeon is as big as Ultimecia´s Castle, or even bigger.

Psyched
16-02-07, 20:57
Penance was an original enemy in addition to the Dark Aeons (at least in the International version).

Great that you completed FFVIII, Yuna's Wish. The scene with Laguna is quite sad. Definitely just morph some cards into invincibility potions and then cast Aura on Squall and Rinoa and use their ultimate limit breaks. You might want to hold out 'til just before its Terra Break attack (that WILL kill your characters if they're not invincible) before using the Hero Drink or Holy War or what have you. Also, morph some Death spells and junction 100 deaths to each of your characters' defences if they've a level multiple of 5.

Megalith
17-02-07, 13:35
Today i went to my local game shop and much to my surprise they had FFXII!!!!:eek: I couldn't believe that i was holding it in my hands!!!:jmp:
But unfortunately i had no money with me so i have to wait until next week...:hea:

RAID
17-02-07, 15:26
You mean it's already out in Europe :yik:?

MiCkiZ88
17-02-07, 15:45

Suppose it's true.. They already reviewed it in a local game show here (they only review games that have been released for public) :jmp:

Megalith
17-02-07, 16:15

Yes,i couldn't believe it either!
But it has happened before,TRL was out here in Greece earlier than the UK release.And other games too...
I don't know how this is happening but i'm not complaining!:)

Yuna´s Wish
17-02-07, 16:35
So...what are you waiting for? Go and get it!:D You´ll not regret it...until you finish the game and realize about a few tiny details...:)

Hyper_Crazy
17-02-07, 16:36
Hey Yuna's Wish it FFXII a good game, is it better than X and X-2?

Yuna´s Wish
17-02-07, 16:38
Hey Yuna's Wish it FFXII a good game, is it better than X and X-2?

The problem is I loved those games :p The gameplay of XII is fantastic, way better than any of the previous FFs. It´s more addictive than any of the others too. But the story is pure :cen: and it lacks a lot of things ALL the others have. The gameplay is Legendary, but Crash Bandicoot´s plot is better than this one (way better)

Hyper_Crazy
17-02-07, 16:41
For me I think Final Fantasy has gone down hill since X and X-2, now I am just not excited in Final Fantasy no more, well untill they make a remake of FFVII on the PS3 (if they do make a remake)

Yuna´s Wish
17-02-07, 16:42
I love FF...but time led me to realize there were better games. And the only thing that has always (and will always) kept me excited is Tomb Raider.

EDIT: My last words are taboo in a thread like this :D

Megalith
17-02-07, 16:44
So...what are you waiting for? Go and get it!:D You´ll not regret it...until you finish the game and realize about a few tiny details...:)

Tuesday morning!:jmp:
(there's a holiday here on Monday):(

Yuna´s Wish
17-02-07, 16:47
Tuesday morning!:jmp:
(there's a holiday here on Monday):(

:p Just a few days anyway :D At least it´ll keep you entertained until Anniversary´s release. I´ve been playing FFVIII, but it´s already finished, and I left Okami without finishing, so I guess that Okami will keep me busy for a little while.

Hyper_Crazy
17-02-07, 16:49
I am currently playing FFIX, on disk 3, all I have got to do is go the 4 shrines (Fire,Wind,Water and Earth), and then go to Terra.

Yuna´s Wish
17-02-07, 16:51
You´re almost there. Remember to visit Daguerreo and buy some strong weapons (sometimes you can find some weapons with abilities you did not get to learn before...and you may never get them later, so now is the time) :)

Megalith
17-02-07, 16:52
:p Just a few days anyway :D At least it´ll keep you entertained until Anniversary´s release. I´ve been playing FFVIII, but it´s already finished, and I left Okami without finishing, so I guess that Okami will keep me busy for a little while.

Yeah,i know what you mean.I will also leave Dragon Quest VIII unfinished...

Hyper_Crazy
17-02-07, 16:53
I already knew that, but thanks anyway :)
Anyway my current party is Zidane, Dagger/Garnet, Vivi and Steiner, but I want to use Beatrix :D

Psyched
17-02-07, 17:06
A call for HAX.

RAID
18-02-07, 11:44
Suppose it's true.. They already reviewed it in a local game show here (they only review games that have been released for public) :jmp:

Did you get it Micki?

Yes,i couldn't believe it either!
But it has happened before,TRL was out here in Greece earlier than the UK release.And other games too...
I don't know how this is happening but i'm not complaining!:)

looool and you shouldn't :p

Sadly, here games arrive like 2 weeks after the UK, so I have no choice but to wait for my order from play.com. It's the soonest that I can get it. :( We're talking like 27-28th February.

RAID
18-02-07, 11:48
This morning I just finished FFX again...I know you didn't expect it :p

Now I'm gonna give a quick replay to X-2 :yik: I know, I know... Hopefully, by the time, I refinish it, I'll have FFXII...

Yuna´s Wish
18-02-07, 19:20
This morning I just finished FFX again...I know you didn't expect it :p

Not quite :D It was certainly unexpected. You ought to replay FFVIII and IX to compare them with XII (and notice the similarities and differences).

RAID
18-02-07, 19:29
Sadly I need to rebuy FF9. I'll get one on eBay. I think I might just restart FF8. Even though I have it on PC, and the sound is pretty lame. Stupid midis...And the game is glicthy like the Cerberus, Bahamut, Alexander, Quezacotl and Eden summons...Heck, I'll buy 8 for the PSX along with 9 from ebay as well :D

Long live 8 and 9:p (Hope to say the same thing about 12 ;))

Forwen
18-02-07, 19:31
Yuna's Wish - I was thinking of asking about it for some time... Is Fran worth anything as a character? Has she got any sort of personality, or suffers from all too common "third female" syndrome?

Yuna´s Wish
18-02-07, 19:33
(Hope to say the same thing about 12 ;))

That´s likely to happen. I hope you get it soon :) I think I´ll try to defeat Omega (FFVIII) today...I never fought it, this ´ll be the first time (and I want to win...pretty ambitious, uh?) :cln:

RAID
18-02-07, 19:34
He's pretty easy, once you get used to him. I won't spoil the fun and tell you how to kill it, but if you need advice, you know where to find me ;)

Yuna´s Wish
18-02-07, 19:35
Yuna's Wish - I was thinking of asking about it for some time... Is Fran worth anything as a character? Has she got any sort of personality, or suffers from all too common "third female" syndrome?

No...that would be Penelo (sorry to disappoint Penelo´s fans). However, the best personalities here are Ashe´s and Balthier´s (though I hate Balthier and love Ashe).

RAID
18-02-07, 19:38
Since I know absolutely nothing about 12 (which is a great thing :D) I'm judging the characters according to the first impression i got when I saw their looks.

Vaan: Combination between Tidus:(/Zidane :) (Hoping for some Zell:D)
Ashe: Yuna :o (Alan says Squall :yah: :jmp:)
Fran: Quistis :jmp:
Penelo: Selphie :)
Balthier: Irvine/Auron
Basch: Freya :)

Did I miss anyone?

Yuna´s Wish
18-02-07, 19:40
He's pretty easy, once you get used to him. I won't spoil the fun and tell you how to kill it, but if you need advice, you know where to find me ;)

Of course :tmb: I think I´ll try the same strategy I used with Ultima (a bit improved). I had a Hero I got from Seifer and used it in Squall, who was summoning Doomtrain for the first time (I had just got it so the summoning was quite slow and the one casting the summon was to be invincible until the process ended). Then, Quistis revived the dead while Rinoa healed the living. Squall attacked and each blow dealt 9999 HP damage. Ultima was a laugh (I remember trying a lot when I was younger). I know Omega is harder because of its Terra Break and I have no Heros this time...though I have Laguna´s Card (100 Heros) and Bahamut´s Card (100 Megalixirs). But I´ll try not to use them. If I use them, can I get them back from anyone later...or are they lost forever?

RAID
18-02-07, 19:42
As a matter of fact you can. If you have completed the CC group side quest in Balamb Garden, all the CC group members (including the King herself) will be on the Ragnarok in Disk 4, and each member is in possession of the Rare GF/Character cards.

If you missed this quest, it's shouldn't be a big deal. Just head back to garden and look for the members. If you don't remember where to find them I can tell you :)

EDIT: Note: To enable this side quest, you must have a certain amount of wins of Triple Triad.

Yuna´s Wish
18-02-07, 19:46
Since I know absolutely nothing about 12 (which is a great thing :D) I'm judging the characters according to the first impression i got when I saw their looks.

Vaan: Combination between Tidus:(/Zidane :) (Hoping for some Zell:D)
Ashe: Yuna :o (Alan says Squall :yah: :jmp:)
Fran: Quistis :jmp:
Penelo: Selphie :)
Balthier: Irvine/Auron
Basch: Freya :)

Did I miss anyone?

Vaan is what you say but more clamed down and less happy :p
Ashe is a mixture between Yuna and Squall (what-a-monster!)
Fran is a combination of: Quistis, Amarant, Kimahri and Freya
Penelo is a joke
Balthier is like Auron but has many (even more than Vaan) of Zidane´s particular attitudes and comments.
Basch is Freya, Tidus and Quistis.

I guess you never expected that :D

Forwen
18-02-07, 19:46
Oooh, I'm claiming this idea! Here are my impressions:

Vaan: 97% Tidus (add some angst)
Ashe: thought it was Yuna, but now she seems to have Squall's demeanor plus Rinoa's passion.
Fran: blank character with a feeble Lulu taste.
Penelo: More Selphie than Rikku.
Balthier: Irvine with a glimpse of Amarant.
Basch: Auron.
Larsa: Yuna-ish.
Vayne: no idea, but I've got my suspicions.

RAID: Either 100% or no Zell. No half measures with him :D

EDIT: Meh, beat me to it.

RAID
18-02-07, 19:47
Hmmm...So far I'm liking almost all of them, especially Ashe, Fran and Balthier. :D

Damn I'm getting hyped. only 5 days left :jmp: :yah:

RAID: Either 100% or no Zell. No half measures with him :D

I'll go with 100% Zell hehehe

Yuna´s Wish
18-02-07, 19:59
Larsa is a hideous monster created using Yuna´s X-2 happiness, Rinoa´s passion, Cid Kramer´s love for his work and Beatrix´s notion of Justice. Not to forget Garnet´s desire to understand what everything is about and the way to find a peaceful agreement between the parties.

And Vayne is a Laguna (physically character whose personality will remain in secret until you get the game):)

EDIT: Oh, I never considered the Card Game a must in this game :D Well, I guess I´ll use the cards even if I don´t get them back (it´s already too late to do the sidequest). I just want to beat the Weapon.

Forwen
18-02-07, 20:32
Larsa is a hideous monster created using Yuna´s X-2 happiness, Rinoa´s passion, Cid Kramer´s love for his work and Beatrix´s notion of Justice. Not to forget Garnet´s desire to understand what everything is about and the way to find a peaceful agreement between the parties.
I fail to see how this makes him a hideous monster but apart from that, everything matches. Thx :D

Kiss-Bite
18-02-07, 21:42
Only four days left now until I can get Final Fantasy 12!!!:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: I'm very excited!:D It has been years since a new FF game, not incl X2 & XI.

Yuna´s Wish
19-02-07, 01:03
I killed Omega Weapon :jmp: It was a bit disappointing...FFVIII´s and FFIX´s most powerful monsters are not that powerful...Omega and Ozma are pathetic when I compare them with the Dark Aeons, Penance, or many of the XII´s final optional enemies.

Megalith
19-02-07, 06:51
I was thinking that now that everybody gets his/her own copy in a few days,we must not forget to mention **spoilers** in our posts title.:)

Edit:Kotaku posted 2 gameplay trailers from FFXII Revenant Wings.Enjoy!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/final-fantasy-revenant-wings/clips-final-fantasy-revenant-wings-gameplay-237665.php

Edit2:News and a new screenshot of FF XIII's character Lightning:
http://www.eyesonff.com/

ivannnnn
19-02-07, 07:49
IT'S ABOUT FF X-2

what is your fave dresspheres?? :D

Legend of Lara
19-02-07, 11:34
IT'S ABOUT FF X-2

what is your fave dresspheres?? :D

I equipped Yuna, Rikku and Paine with the Gunner sphere. :) It's effective and you learn abilities lightning fast. :jmp:

It's ineffective. Songstress - Gun Mage - Black Mage FTW.

RAID
19-02-07, 14:30
Only four days left now until I can get Final Fantasy 12!!!:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: I'm very excited!:D It has been years since a new FF game, not incl X2 & XI.

These last couple of weeks went by slower than the past 4 years :p I'm very excited myself :jmp:
I killed Omega Weapon :jmp: It was a bit disappointing...FFVIII´s and FFIX´s most powerful monsters are not that powerful...Omega and Ozma are pathetic when I compare them with the Dark Aeons, Penance, or many of the XII´s final optional enemies.

Well done Alan. typical of an FF master such as yourself :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish
19-02-07, 20:01
Well done Alan. typical of an FF master such as yourself :tmb:

:yah: Thank you! But really, I was disappointed with Omega. I have a magazine that depicts it as the most powerful enemy in the series. When I saw Omega exploding in my PC screen I thought: "what the ****?? Is it over? that fast?". A Ruby Dragon is harder...:p

Psyched
19-02-07, 20:38
Omega's tough for different reasons. Most other ultra-tough guys in the series require serious patience and levelling up, whereas Omega requires an efficient battle plan, a decent collection of items and speed.

Yuna´s Wish
19-02-07, 22:05
You might be right Psyched...I was prepared. Doomtrain, Heros, 255 of Strength, Speed enhancers + Auto-Haste for Squall, 100 Death spells junctioned to each character...but still, it let me down. The magazine I have tells how to kill him and depicts it as strong, fast, fierce, impossible to kill the first 100 times...and it´s only strong.

TR FAN 18
20-02-07, 07:34
I bought FF12 today. Got it for £20!! :jmp:

I CAN'T WAIT to play it! :D It's out now according to Play.com

Megalith
20-02-07, 10:43
:jmp: At last!!!!:jmp:
First impressions later!;)

RAID
20-02-07, 13:59
OMFG :yik:

I just logged on play.com and I saw that FF12 is in stock and that my order is being processed :yah:

I don't get one thing though. Why is there still the countdown on the page that says 3 days to go? :confused:

Hyper_Crazy
20-02-07, 15:27
Finished Final Fantasy IX, I decided to cheat and get Beatrix, and that was all!

RAID
20-02-07, 16:45
WOO-HOOOOOOO :yah:

Received an e-mail from PLAY. My FF12 order has been posted. Hopefully I'll have it by Thursday :D

Yuna´s Wish
20-02-07, 17:08
I´m happy for you, future and recent FFXII´s owners! :)
Will you create ANOTHER separate thread for FFXII (there are like 3 scattered in the forums), or will you use one of those, or will you use this one to discuss FFXII? :D

RAID
20-02-07, 17:18
I'd rather use this one, but if there will be another Final Fantasy XII thread, you'll see me in it for sure :D

Yuna´s Wish
20-02-07, 17:20
What are you going to do? Train 3 characters and use them for the entire adventure...or train all 6? I just trained 3 :p

Hyper_Crazy
20-02-07, 17:23
Can you swap characters in battle like FFX?

RAID
20-02-07, 17:26
What are you going to do? Train 3 characters and use them for the entire adventure...or train all 6? I just trained 3 :p
I'll probably train all 6 of them.

Yuna´s Wish
20-02-07, 17:30
Can you swap characters in battle like FFX?

Yes, you can, but levelling up takes A LOT of time. That´s why I only developed 3. I finished the game with 3 of my characters in their 90s and the other 3 in their 20s :D

However, 6 functional powerful characters simplify the deal hugely.

You can even trade corpses for alive party members and, if all 3 died, you can select the other 3 to continue, even if the 3 main fighters died, unlike FFX, which meant a game over despite having 4 other members intact.

RAID
20-02-07, 17:31
Who did you train Alan?

I'm thinking of Focusing more on Fran, Ashe and Balthier.

Yuna´s Wish
20-02-07, 17:36
Ashe was my greatest and strongest character, along with Basch and Vaan. They were my chosen fighters. I didn´t specialize them in any category, they were able to do everything...everyone could heal, everyone could cast Flare, everyone could use a Sword/Axe/Spear...I´ve read that many people tend to raise someone as a white mage and only use it to heal while the others attack. If I was suffering a crucial deadly moments, all my characters were able to heal, reducing the death possibilities. Besides, there is a distance range you have to respect...and being close to your partners to cast the spell also means being close to the enemy, increasing the chances to have a dead white mage.

RAID
20-02-07, 17:40
I will probably focus each character on different categories.

Penelo on Wht Mag, Fran on Blk Mag and weapons. etc...

Yuna´s Wish
20-02-07, 17:52
I will probably focus each character on different categories.

Penelo on Wht Mag, Fran on Blk Mag and weapons. etc...

Stop going against my tactics Justin :vlol:

Let´s see: well, I never used items, except for the phoenix downs in my two very last battles against optional bosses.

RAID
20-02-07, 18:08
LMAO :p

I never use Items either in any FF, so odds are I won't use any in this one.

Say, I was just thinking, can you set a character on a default/permanent category?

EX: Battle Mage, Black Mage, White Mage, etc...?

Yuna´s Wish
20-02-07, 18:11
LMAO :p

I never use Items either in any FF, so odds are I won't use any in this one.

Say, I was just thinking, can you set a character on a default/permanent category?

EX: Battle Mage, Black Mage, White Mage, etc...?

No, you can´t. You "buy" the licenses for your characters...one of the first licenses to be learned is "Cure". That doesn´t mean you´re a white mage, but someone who knows white magic. Only you can say, this character will act as the white mage...there´s no vivi or garnet in this game :)

RAID
20-02-07, 18:12
Oh bugger. Oh well, I'll have to make them myself in that case ;)

TR FAN 18
21-02-07, 06:43
My order for FF12 was posted yesterday! :D
Should be getting it in about 3-5 days! :jmp:

kryptonite23
21-02-07, 08:54
I love the series of Final Fantasy but I don`t like to play it.

Trigger_happy
21-02-07, 16:38
I love the series of Final Fantasy but I don`t like to play it.

Why's that? I tend to dip in and out of FF, as it is very time consuming.

RAID
21-02-07, 16:41
Anyone received 12 from PLAY yet? I'm guessing mine will arrive sometime next week...so close yet so far away...

Megalith
21-02-07, 18:03
Ok,the game so far is awesome!!I haven't been able to play as much as i want to (i have just finished the Rogue Tomato hunt) but i hope that i'll catch up on weekend!:)
But so far the game feels and looks great.The story up to this point is very intrigueing,the graphics are amazing (to say the least),the battle system feels a little strange (but i'm geting used to it),and the license board i think is a great system that offers absolute freedom to customize the character to your likings (a little confusing at first though).
What really impressed me so far,is the sheer size of the city of Rabanastre!I mean this town is HUGE and full of people to interact with!If the other towns in the game are like this one,well...wow!

Fraaadrik
21-02-07, 18:43
I just got FF12 :D:D:D:D It has been in my mail box all day and I didn't notice it until now zomg :(

zizou
21-02-07, 18:49
Tomorrow , I will go to buy FFXII ! :jmp: :jmp: :tea: :ton:

RAID
21-02-07, 19:23
Have fun all Europeans and future FF12 owners. After 4 years of waiting, we deserve it. I hope mine doesn't take very long to arrive. Nut with my luck...:/

Yuna´s Wish
21-02-07, 19:47
I mean this town is HUGE and full of people to interact with!

You have seen nothing at all :p The entire game is HUGE...dungeons, towns (though there are not many towns this time)...:)

Forwen
21-02-07, 20:38
Seems like I'm outta this thread until the end of May. I'm going to try and get a copy for myself this week, but I won't play it seriously before then - exams galore!

Rivendell
22-02-07, 09:50
Gods I'm having trouble on FF3.

Main reason?

The LACK OF FREAKING PHOENIX DOWNS! :mad:

There are next to none! And I keep getting killed - the only way I can revive them is by sailing half way across the world - in perilous monster infested water - crossing fields and going around mountains trying to evade more monsters, to a small town where I can 'revive' the dead party members.

GAH!

TR FAN 18
22-02-07, 10:32
Anyone received 12 from PLAY yet? I'm guessing mine will arrive sometime next week...so close yet so far away...

I bought FF12 from PLAY. Not received it yet, dispatched on 20 Feb. They say 3-5 days so I could possibly get it on the release date!

Kiss-Bite
22-02-07, 13:25
Final Fantasy 12 is out in the UK tomorrow!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

RAID
22-02-07, 14:26
I bought FF12 from PLAY. Not received it yet, dispatched on 20 Feb. They say 3-5 days so I could possibly get it on the release date!
I got the same. I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow while I can still enjoy it for about a week, before things get serious at school, but with my luck, I'll receive in like 1 week since I'm not in the UK.

Kiss-Bite, it's available now on PLAY. It's been since the 20th February :D

Kiss-Bite
22-02-07, 18:01
I got the same. I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow while I can still enjoy it for about a week, before things get serious at school, but with my luck, I'll receive in like 1 week since I'm not in the UK.

Kiss-Bite, it's available now on PLAY. It's been since the 20th February :D

I'll be rushing out first thing tomorrow morning to buy it!!:D Hope you both get yours tomorrow too.;) :tmb:

Kiss-Bite
22-02-07, 18:11
Has anybody played, Dirge of Cerberus? From what I've seen it's a very good looking game, esp the FMV''s! Does it still feel like a FF game & are the controls good? I've heard it's very difficult! I'm quite tempted to get it.:)

Megalith
22-02-07, 18:58
Has anybody played, Dirge of Cerberus? From what I've seen it's a very good looking game, esp the FMV''s! Does it still feel like a FF game & are the controls good? I've heard it's very difficult! I'm quite tempted to get it.:)

I haven't bought it yet,and i'm not going to buy it until i finish some 5-10 games that i have bought and haven't played/finished.
I have heard from fans that it's very easy (for a third person shooter at least) and it expands the story of Advent Children.
I will definately buy it sooner or later 'cause i'm a FFVII fanboy.:p

Btw,IGN has some gameplay and FMV videos;)
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/693/693672/vids_1.html

RAID
23-02-07, 11:17
Still no FF12 here :( I'm gonna go crazy. Waiting is probably what I suck at the most.

Peachy
23-02-07, 12:44
Who's the Best Baddie in the whole Final Fantasy series?
I'd say Sephiroth.

Reggie
23-02-07, 13:46
I've got Final Fantasy 12 :D :D

There were only two left when I woke up this morning and checked that Woolworths had it. So I go down there and get it, run back home pop the disc into the player and I've just finished my first go on the game. And what a game it is. It has exploration on a massive scale, the perfect balance of just enough story to propel a game that feels very open and non linear in comparison to FFX where it was linear and entirely story driven. It has many of the same characteristics as FFIX as well.

The first thing I heard was something I had thought would forever be confined to the classics - the old FF theme tune :D

So yeah, I'm nostalgic, very happy and obviously very hyped :p

RAID
23-02-07, 15:37
Anyone received it from PLAY yet?

Fraaadrik
23-02-07, 17:48
Darn. I'm stuck in FF12 :( this game is a masterpiece and the battle system is really good, I didn't like it in the trailers but it's ALOT better than I expected :D
I'm stuck at the boss after saving Ashe and met up with Panelo again, that boss owns me.

Rivendell
23-02-07, 18:01
I might pick this up tomorrow if I can get into town.

I've got lots of work to do though... :\ Agh, Dilemma!!

Yuna´s Wish
24-02-07, 00:35
How can you think anything about FFXII or such after watching the Anniversary new trailer??:D

Tomb Raider 5194
24-02-07, 01:18
How can you think anything about FFXII or such after watching the Anniversary new trailer??:D
lol I cant get anniversary out of my head after watching the trailer :D, but I bought FFVIII and its a great game before I didnt like it that much but then I had the urge to buy it and it is one of the best Final Fantasy games :D

Yuna´s Wish
24-02-07, 01:32
I played FFVIII recently too...it´s indeed one of the best :) And I killed all the baddies :p (which I couldn´t do when I was younger)

Ikas90
24-02-07, 01:34
I can't believe I have never posted in this thread, when I think that Final Fantasy is one of the greatest series of games ever made.

I've only played Final Fantasy X, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a shame it all got deleted though :( I had over 170 hours.

Tomb Raider 5194
24-02-07, 01:41
I played FFVIII recently too...it´s indeed one of the best :) And I killed all the baddies :p (which I couldn´t do when I was younger)
lol :D But Final Fantasy VIII is highly entertaining like the other Final Fantasies, Im only in the part where you first get to Galbadia Garden and Ive enjoyed it so far and I didnt know Squall had "such" attitude lol. I didnt like the part were he argues with Rinoa in Timber :D .

Kiss-Bite
24-02-07, 05:21
I've been playing FF12 all day & I love it, the new battle system works so much better then I expected!:D The game does have so much more freedom & for the first time to be able to turn the camera to take in all gorgeous environments is so great!!:jmp:

RAID
24-02-07, 07:18
I'm still waiting for the package :(

Psyched
24-02-07, 07:39
Think I'll use my birthday money and buy it today. :3

RAID
24-02-07, 10:47
RECEIVED IT :yah:

just when I had given up hope.

*runs off to play it* looool

TR FAN 18
24-02-07, 10:51
Got FF12 yesterday! I'm really enjoying it.

I'm a bit stuck right now though. Never mind. Beat the boss now! :D

Now I got a problem, Basch is Silenced and when I used a Echo Herb on him it said "MISS." WTF?! I go to a save crystal and he's still silenced. Please someone tell me how to get rid of it.

RAID
24-02-07, 13:44
Unlike FFX, so far it's looking well, and unlike FFX, the voices are well made...so far

Be we'll see once I get farther into the game. I'm not gonna judge it based on the first hour of gameplay.

Currently @ Giza.

Rivendell
24-02-07, 13:45
Went out and bought mine today!

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it! I've really not been very hyped about it at all.

Currently about 45 mins into it, just now playing as Vaan, running around Ramanastre or whatever the city's called. Such a good vibe! Wonderful music, it's not felt this cool since Lindblum :D

And I just saw THE CUTEST Moogle EVER! :jmp:

RAID
24-02-07, 13:50
Yeah it does have the FF9 feeling to it...kinda...

I'm also happy to see the Equipment back :D Although I may take a while to get used to buying spells and abilities. As for the licence board, so far, I have no strong opinion on it.

TR FAN 18
24-02-07, 14:09
Just finished Tomb of Raithwall! Silence was on Basch coz I equipped the Manufacted Nethicite.

Rivendell
24-02-07, 16:39
I didn't think I'd like the new 'free roam' fighting system, but it's just retained enough of the old fighting system for me to like it!

I'm having such a great time! :D

RAID
25-02-07, 12:28
I love the new battle system. No more screens exploding and monsters coming out of no where. No more wasting time looking at the enemy while choosing a command. No more stupid dances after killing a monster. It's awesome.

I like the dialogue and voices so far. Very mature. Unlike the 11 rated FFX...

Thorir
25-02-07, 12:49
Is it just me, or is Basch EXTREMELY sexy? :cln:

I´ve played for about 20 hours now, FFXII is extremely, fist-eatingly difficult. :( I walked around, leveling up for four hours to beat the first Esper-boss.

Legend of Lara
25-02-07, 16:25
XII doesn't seem to be coming out here in Iceland. :(
And it's rated 16+, rendering it even more difficult getting it.

Psyched
25-02-07, 16:27
Those ratings are only technically guidelines. Some jerks do enforce them as an absolute barrier, but they shouldn't really unless a specific film-esque rating is used.

Legend of Lara
25-02-07, 16:29
PEGI seems to be getting awfully strict on ratings.
They rated Family Guy 18+!
They rated Tekken 5 12+ while they rated Tekken: Dark Resurrection 16+!
And they rated XII 16+.
For all we know, TRA could be just as violent as TRL or AOD.

RAID
25-02-07, 20:09
My FF12 opinion so far:

I have to say that so far, I am pretty impressed with the game. Unlike FFX the dialogue is mature and makes sense, unlike FFX the voices are well made, unlike FFX you get to actually play and not just watch the game play itself out and unlike FFX it looks very good.

It is quite the challenge, probably it contains the challenge that X should have had. The characters are interesting and all come with a background story (there haven't been characters THIS good since 8 and 9). I do hope that the team that worked on 12 gets to work on future instalments, although I've read somewhere that sadly, the X team is working on 13 :(.

The battle system is amazing. No more screens exploding and monsters coming out of nowhere, no more wasting time looking at the enemy while selecting your action and no more stupid dances after killing a bug.

Square Enix sure have restored my faith in the series, which IMHO, went downhill since 2001. (FFX, FFX-2, FFAC). Two thumbs up and I hope they don't lose their touch again with another 11 rated game...just like X.

Kiss-Bite
25-02-07, 21:10
I'm so lost in FF12 right now!! I'm exploring new places now & they're just so beautiful!:jmp: I love the new battle system!:D

Forwen
25-02-07, 21:27
So we've irreversibly moved onto FFXII now? *leaves for good*

Yuna´s Wish
25-02-07, 21:55

If nobody finishes the game soon...I´ll be pretty bored here :cool:
Don´t forget, my dear people, that the first impressions hardly match the last impressions. They are hardly the same ;)

Rivendell
25-02-07, 22:17
I'm so lost in FF12 right now!! I'm exploring new places now & they're just so beautiful!:jmp: I love the new battle system!:D

I don't know what it is about huge games like this, but I'm always too scared to move too far away from a save point! I never seem to have the courage to stray off for miles into the wilderness incase something huge and strong jumps me.

Same with Oblivion! It was so overwhelming that it took me a few days before I properly dared explore off the beaten track! :D

Sign of a good game ;)

nightwishgirl84
26-02-07, 15:43
i love this game !!
the only thing that bugs me is when i put Vaan in the gambit mode he starts attacking his friends/allies grr.
and don't know how to fix it.
got a free mini guide with the game but can't find any info there that helps me with Vaan's gambit mode problem.
and right now i'm stuck as i can't seem to defeat the mimic queen.
but i don't give up easley so she will be defeated soon :)

Legend of Lara
26-02-07, 15:48
Well, XII is finally out here... :D yay

...but it's 16+! :( boo

Hmmmm... mom? :mis:

Kiss-Bite
26-02-07, 15:56

If nobody finishes the game soon...I´ll be pretty bored here :cool:
Don´t forget, my dear people, that the first impressions hardly match the last impressions. They are hardly the same ;)

This is a general FF thread?:rolleyes:

FF12 has only just been released here, the rest of the world has had it for a while!:( This is a general FF thread so those of us who have just got this great game game are going to post about it.;)

troy tr
26-02-07, 15:59
lol are u 13 legend of lara?:)

Yuna´s Wish
26-02-07, 16:17
Well, XII is finally out here... :D yay

...but it's 16+! :( boo

Hmmmm... mom? :mis:

So it seems that the 16+ of Anniversary is utterly ridiculous....FXII has nothing to be rated 16+...I hope that the one of Anniversary is a TRUE 16+

Legend of Lara
26-02-07, 16:20
lol are u 13 legend of lara?:)

Damn. Load balancing ruined my post. Ah well.

Yeah, I'm 13. :hea:

Psyched
26-02-07, 16:39
I just bought it. I'll probably start playing in half an hour. :)

Agent 47
26-02-07, 16:42
don't wish to annoy any of FF folk but....apparently several FF titles have compatibility issuses with PS3's

for this series i recommend keeping your PS2's until compatibility issues are sorted :(

Legend of Lara
26-02-07, 16:45
don't wish to annoy any of FF folk but....apparently several FF titles have compatibility issuses with PS3's

for this series i recommend keeping your PS2's until compatibility issues are sorted :(

Well, X, X-2 and XII better be compaitable. Those are the ones I'm interested in.

*laralover*
26-02-07, 17:09
Just ordered FF12 on Play.com cant wait for it to come my early birthday present!:p

RAID
26-02-07, 17:26
Question about 12.

Since you don't get money for killing wild beasts, should I sell the junk they drop, or do I need that in the future for something like FF9's synthesis?

Rivendell
26-02-07, 17:33
Good question Raid.. So far I've been selling all my loot for lots of lovely gil, which opens the 'Bazarre' option in the shops and gives you rare items.

I'm stuck at the moment, trying to squash all those energy drinking bugs whilst escaping a dungeon. Too strong those things are! And too many little accomplices working along side them.. :pi:

MiCkiZ88
26-02-07, 17:34
Hmm.. I've been planning to buy FFXII for a while.. but not really sure wrether I should buy it.. Well so far I've loved every game from ffvii to X.. X-2 was bearable in some parts. Wich of those does the game reseable the most? Good and bad parts? Weaponry upgradable or just default? Summons?

hmm.. It's 59 euros.. Im having trouble deciding here :pi:

RAID
26-02-07, 17:37
I'd get it Micki. It's worth it. If you liked FF9, you'll love this one. :D

Rivendell
26-02-07, 17:39
For me so far I'm reminded of FF9, with bits of FF8 and FF10 mashed into it.
Good parts - it's fun!
Bad parts - I'm finding it really bloody hard at the moment!
I've just been buying weapons so far, don't know about upgrades.
Yep there's summons, not got any yet!

ben_the_joka
26-02-07, 18:10
Good parts - it's fun!
I've just been buying weapons so far, don't know about upgrades.
Yep there's summons, not got any yet!

hey rivendell,

i agree this game is extremely hard... wait til you get on this ship called the leviathon, damn thats hard!

I want a summon! ive been waiting too long for one...

by the way can enyone explain to me what quickenings are??? i havent got any yet and ive seen clips of them on the net and it says they do massive damage in the book and by what ive seen they dont? so whats the purpose? do they literally make it quicker??? :s

Trigger_happy
26-02-07, 18:24
Hi all!

Im not entirely new to final fantasy (i own FFX-2 and ive played a bit of FFVIII) and i was wondering if i should get this game? I like the idea of technolgy mixed with magic, and was wondering if anyone could use guns etc?

Cheers.

ben_the_joka
26-02-07, 18:37
Hi all!

Im not entirely new to final fantasy (i own FFX-2 and ive played a bit of FFVIII) and i was wondering if i should get this game? I like the idea of technolgy mixed with magic, and was wondering if anyone could use guns etc?

Cheers.

Yes you should get it, as far as the FF series is concerned this game is revolutionary. Anyone can use any weopen providing they have a license for it (they are easy to aquire). Plus theres no more turn based battle system, the game is now (what i call) real-time. It's excellent and challenging!

In addition, FFVIII is my fave FF. You should play more of it!

TR FAN 18
26-02-07, 18:59
YES! :tmb: Definitely get it. I've been playing for 29 hours and I am really enjoying it. It's longer than FFX. The areas are HUGE!

Thorir
26-02-07, 19:18
I´m just about to fight my second Esper (summon), and have stolen a weapon that is almost twice as strong as all the other weapons available to buy, so killing normal monsters aren´t that difficult now. :D

The best tip I can give anyone is: LEVEL UP! Killing all enemies in sight isn´t enough, you have to spend hours and hours to level up!

Supernova
26-02-07, 19:41
Bought FFXII today, I like the new battle system, but it got very chaotic when all of a sudden you had 4 characters, I had a hard time following what was going on lol
Just got past the Underground Watergate, that part was really boring, although I am enjoying the game a lot so far :)

MiCkiZ88
26-02-07, 19:50
I'd get it Micki. It's worth it. If you liked FF9, you'll love this one. :D

forgot to note that I havent played it :o

Well thanks for all the info guys. & Rivendell.. The harder.. the better :mis: okay that sounded wrong. I really love hard games..

definately going to buy this game on thursday :D Gonna miss school on friday though :whi:

Fraaadrik
26-02-07, 19:56
I got my first esper earlier today, that boss was hard :D
I've had problems with several bosses but it has been fixed after 1-2 hours of grinding. Does anyone else have problems with money in the game? I'm always broke :(

Psyched
26-02-07, 20:42
I love it already after about an hour and a half. :D

The music really suits it and helps create a cinematic effect, and I think those cactites are adorable.

RAID
26-02-07, 21:06
definately going to buy this game on thursday :D

That's the spirit :tmb: It's addictive, trust me :D And you should get FF9 too.

Kiss-Bite
26-02-07, 22:47
My characters must be built really high as the first Esper I fought was a really easy battle, the secret sword helped.:D

Yuna´s Wish
26-02-07, 23:00
My characters must be built really high as the first Esper I fought was a really easy battle, the secret sword helped.:D

The Secret Sword...you defeated the second Demon Wall before it got to the very end of the hallway? Which were your characters´ levels?:confused: When I was lvl 15 I couldn´t beat it.

Yuna´s Wish
26-02-07, 23:02
Does anyone else have problems with money in the game? I'm always broke :(

You have to sell all the items you gather from the enemies of the map...all the loot must be sold, you shouldn´t have many problems if you do so. There are some items you´re recommended to keep if you read a guide or FAQ...but it´s not necessary.

Fraaadrik
26-02-07, 23:29
You have to sell all the items you gather from the enemies of the map...all the loot must be sold, you shouldn´t have many problems if you do so. There are some items you´re recommended to keep if you read a guide or FAQ...but it´s not necessary.

I'm selling the loot but new equipment, spells and skills makes me broke. :p
They're quite expensive :(

nightwishgirl84
27-02-07, 07:56
if anyone's interested,i've defeated the mimic queen in one try yesterday!!
in now on the Lhgusu mines.

Rivendell
27-02-07, 09:19
forgot to note that I havent played it :o

Omg! Go buy it NOW! It's the one with the best feeling I think :D

Edit: Damn, the last two days I've gone mad - yesterday I bought that big Oblivion guide / strategy book.. (http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Expanded/dp/076155548X/sr=8-9/qid=1172579306/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9/104-1136626-1836766?ie=UTF8&s=books)

Today I bought the Limited Edition Hardback FFXII Guide book.. (http://www.gamestation.co.uk/product.asp?id=ps2g026)

I just love the cover!! (Well, and I'm greedy for really powerful FF weapons ;) )

Thorir
27-02-07, 11:57
Hurrah, I just got equipment that doubles my LP. :D
And I´m going to steal equipment that doubles experience now. :D

Kiss-Bite
27-02-07, 12:09
The Secret Sword...you defeated the second Demon Wall before it got to the very end of the hallway? Which were your characters´ levels?:confused: When I was lvl 15 I couldn´t beat it.

Yes, I defeated the other Demon Wall before it crushed me against the wall by using a chain of quickenings & casting Berserk on Basch. My character levels were around Lvl 23 & 24.:)

This game is great, could become my favourite!:jmp:

Rivendell, I saw that Limited Edition guide & was very tempted, it's so thick which indicates just how much there is to this game. Maybe I will get it.

Evilkipje
27-02-07, 12:24
oooh how could i miss this thread!?

i got ff12 last thursday, haven't had a lot of time to play it, i'm going to blabla mines now.

fran's voice is awesome but i hate her clothes.

god i love ff12, it reminds me of my beloved ff9!

Question about 12.

Since you don't get money for killing wild beasts, should I sell the junk they drop, or do I need that in the future for something like FF9's synthesis?

i was wondering about that too. i was just selling it all until i discovered that some of those items are useful in battle. now i'm tempted to check a walkthrough even though i promised myself not to...

I like the dialogue and voices so far. Very mature. Unlike the 11 rated FFX...

I know right! i believe it's because of both the more mature script and the very good translation!

*heartily agrees*
*and loves the multi-quote button*

Good parts - it's fun!

how is that a bad part? :P

Rivendell
27-02-07, 12:36
In the guide I bought today one of the tips says "Don't forget to sell your loot, as it's one of the most prominent sources of income you'll have."

It's not said anything about needing the loot for upgrading and creating new weapons so far :wve:

Evilkipje
27-02-07, 12:43
In the guide I bought today one of the tips says "Don't forget to sell your loot, as it's one of the most prominent sources of income you'll have."

It's not said anything about needing the loot for upgrading and creating new weapons so far :wve:

but some of the loot can be used as a sort of bomb in battle. they work pretty well so it'd be a shame to sell them...

i'm selling all the wolf pelts though, they're useless i think (and hope)

what's everybody's longest chain?
my pathetic record is 15 wolves or something

Rivendell
27-02-07, 12:47
I had a chain of 9 or 10 in that waterway, I wasn't sure how I was doing it though. Is it just killing things of the same species in quick succession?

MiCkiZ88
27-02-07, 12:48
That's the spirit :tmb: It's addictive, trust me :D And you should get FF9 too.
I will.. How is FF9 like? The main reasons why I havent bought it yet is that I didn't like the style of the characters.. I was so superficial back then :p
Omg! Go buy it NOW! It's the one with the best feeling I think :D

Better than the chilly/creepy/cold/scary athmosphere of FFVII ? :D
Meh Im going to get that one aswell. Is it just for ps? I just love FFVII & VIII too much.. X is great aswell.. apart from it being an interactive movie :p

Btw.. which parts did you like in X best? I really loved the part where tidus was alone in the dome before Rikku & the party came along.. That part was creepy/cold and I wished the game would've been more like that.

Evilkipje
27-02-07, 12:48
I had a chain of 9 or 10 in that waterway, I wasn't sure how I was doing it though. Is it just killing things of the same species in quick succession?

as far as i know, yup. but without the quick succession. i had a pause of 5 minutes in that seaside village, then went back to fighting them and the chain just kept going. got me lots of wolf pelts = money :D

IMO, yes. I felt little to no atmosphere in FF7, while FF12 just reathes atmosphere. i like how the whole style is so original. it hasthat ff9 mix of medieval + star wars, but also with some southern-european influences. ff12's world is just very different from anything i've ever seen :D

Rivendell
27-02-07, 12:54
FF9 is just proper medieval fantasy, there's barely Anything hi-tech and sci-fi about it, which I LOVE.

Meh Im going to get that one aswell. Is it just for ps?

It's a different atmosphere, it feels more magical. I wouldn't say there was any particularly scary atmosphere in the game, it's just really magical and fantasy feeling. It does feel chilly and cold in bits, and parts feel really homely, comfortable and calm - but when things get chaotic, it really blasts chaos into the feel of the game in that wonderful FF way!

And yep, I think it's just for PS - I don't think this one made it to Pc.

Evilkipje
27-02-07, 12:58
FF9 is just proper medieval fantasy, there's barely Anything hi-tech and sci-fi about it, which I LOVE.

ahem, airships? lol.
i love how FF9 and FF12 mix ancient and high-tech in a way that it totally feels natural :D

It's a different atmosphere, it feels more magical. I wouldn't say there was any particularly scary atmosphere in the game, it's just really magical and fantasy feeling. It does feel chilly and cold in bits, and parts feel really homely, comfortable and calm - but when things get chaotic, it really blasts chaos into the feel of the game in that wonderful FF way!

sigh, i wish i was british. i tried to describe the atmosphere in ff12 but it just wouldn't work. that's pretty much what i think ff12 is like :)

nope, ff9 isn't available on pc.

MiCkiZ88
27-02-07, 13:01
IMO, yes. I felt little to no atmosphere in FF7, while FF12 just reathes atmosphere. i like how the whole style is so original. it hasthat ff9 mix of medieval + star wars, but also with some southern-european influences. ff12's world is just very different from anything i've ever seen :D

Sounds great :) Thanks alot for the info. I prefer both style games and FFVII was kind of remix of both old & scifi. Same with X. FFVIII was a bit too scifi IMO. =/ That atmosphere sounds great. And I really like the parts in the FF series when things get a bit chaotic.

Anyone else loved the bell chime music in FFVII? During most of the sephy parts. That has to be one of the creepiest ones imo.

One more question: How is the world map like. FFVII & FFVIII or X like? Edit: I mean in FFXII :wve:

Rivendell
27-02-07, 13:12
ahem, airships? lol.

They were Steam Powered though :ton: Apart from the Invincible, which was.. dunno, magic - powered? Neither of those appear Sci-fi to me ;)

Anyone else loved the bell chime music in FFVII? During most of the sephy parts. That has to be one of the creepiest ones imo.

One more question: How is the world map like. FFVII & FFVIII or X like? Edit: I mean in FFXII :wve:

Is that the 'Those chosen by the planet' music? I love that track, it really is dark and powerful! :D

And the world map is more like FFX, but 'real' and a lot less linear. (I mean, if you look down on the world map itself, you can basically explore it all, but in sections like FFX's paths, but bigger - if you get me. A bit like Oblivion, but with paths. )

RAID
27-02-07, 13:14
The maps are huge and well connected. You're not in a Thunder Plains and the next second you're in a snow forest.

This IS a proper FF game.

MiCkiZ88
27-02-07, 13:20
Is that the 'Those chosen by the planet' music? I love that track, it really is dark and powerful! :D
I think it's that.. That track is truly something. Especially when playing at night :D Also the track when you get to the world map when the meteor is closer.

And the world map is more like FFX, but 'real' and a lot less linear. (I mean, if you look down on the world map itself, you can basically explore it all, but in sections like FFX's paths, but bigger - if you get me. A bit like Oblivion, but with paths. )
The maps are huge and well connected. You're not in a Thunder Plains and the next second you're in a snow forest.

Okay.. THE GAME SOUNDS HUGE :eek: Damn I wish it was the day after tomorrow already! :jmp: I know where I'l be spending my student money :whi:

Thanks again guys. That really helped me to choose between GOW II & FFXII :D

Evilkipje
27-02-07, 13:29
cool, go for ff12! yeah!

god of war is fun IMO, but so. extremely. repetitive.

w000t, raid, you have great taste. let's throw bricks at FFX!
i always found it slightly strange that there were so many different climates in such a small arear in ffx :P

nightwishgirl84
27-02-07, 13:31
lol i kinda suck at this game (ffxii) cause i keep dying!!

Thorir
27-02-07, 14:23

Actually, you NEED to SELL your loot (and stolen items) to gain new weapons. :) It will unlock lots of weapons, armour, shields, ect.

Yup, just kill the same enemies (or class/types of enemies) in succession. Doesn´t matter how quick. Chains will increase your chance of loot dropping. :)

lol i kinda suck at this game (ffxii) cause i keep dying!!

So did I at first. :D
Keep leveling up! :D

Rivendell
27-02-07, 14:34
Ta for the info about Loot & chain kills! :tmb:

*Scurries off to play some more*

Trigger_happy
27-02-07, 16:27
Oh noes, i think i may have to get this game- it sounds too fun. Oh, i dont seem to have enough time in the day :(

Rivendell
27-02-07, 17:32
I'm Freeeeeee! Free of that dungeon and those energy sapping mimic blighters :D

All I needed was to adjust Balth's gambits a bit, get the Blind spell and just poke the buggers in the eyes before smashing heck out of them.

Now I've got an 'Oaken pole' which is pretty hot stuff :jmp:

nightwishgirl84
27-02-07, 18:24
i'm now at the Judge Ghis boss battle at the Dreadnought.
but i died but i'm gonna try tomorrow again :)
this is a very addicting game!!
my favorite game atm!!

TR FAN 18
27-02-07, 20:09
I'm now at the Draklor Laboratories fighting Doctor Cid. ARGH! It's so HARD! :hea: Any tips? I've got Vaan, Basch & Ashe at Level 36. Balthier is at LV 8, Fran LV 11 & Penelo LV 10. I think I need to level up my other characters.

Psyched
27-02-07, 22:18
I just defeated the Firemane, and it was quite the tough battle. This game is already draining away hours from me.

Evilkipje
27-02-07, 22:37
Now I've got an 'Oaken pole' which is pretty hot stuff :jmp:

how'd ya get that?

argh! stupid cluckatrice!

i love standing still and taking in the insane amount of detail in rabanastre. every single bit is just brimming with details.... it's insane how much you can see in one square foot.

Yuna´s Wish
27-02-07, 23:35

This IS a proper FF game.

mmm...you´re sort of wrong...you´ll see later :p A tropical forest easily leads to a snowy mountain... I´m glad you and Rivendell and the others are having such a good time with it.
So, what do you like the most of the story? My personal answer to that question: the entire plot is rubbish ;) (I didn´t think so before finishing the game) I´m sorry to be so negative...but I can´t wait until you finish the game and state why I hate this so much...and how empty I was left when I saw the ending...and when I happened to notice I spent most of the time fighting than appreciating a well elaborated story (85% and 15% of the time)

Kiss-Bite
28-02-07, 03:08
I've just got 6 secret Deathbringer Swords for each party member after a lot of patience, but it was worth it as these swords are very very powerful!!:D

Yuna´s Wish
28-02-07, 03:15
I've just got 6 secret Deathbringer Swords for each party member after a lot of patience, but it was worth it as these swords are very very powerful!!:D

For now :D Where are you at the moment Kiss-Bite?

Rivendell
28-02-07, 07:26
how'd ya get that?

It was near some cockatrices near the shore inside the cave - just before you get rid of the final energy mimic!

So, what do you like the most of the story? My personal answer to that question: the entire plot is rubbish ;)

Nothing special at the moment, just insurgents fighting against the Arcadian Empire regime. Very Star Wars.

Legend of Lara
28-02-07, 09:05
I've just completed Chapter 1 in X-2. :jmp:
I now have to find three Leblan uniforms. I found the one in Gagazet. Where are the other two? :confused: