PDA

View Full Version : next gen consoles= save money!

***Lara_Lover***
16-02-07, 05:57
OK those who got a ps3 well who knows,

anyway DONT go buy a ps3 an xbox 360 is just like it

who cares about graphics people still play nes, snes 2d games on the streets..

anyway xbox 360 is cool because the graphics are better, well xbox 1

compare doa 3 with tekken 5 look simply owned tekken!

im glad vfighter is going on 360 because sega is pro like the saying

sega does what nintendont!

and plus the xbox has more exclusive games and cool features

and its cheap, so remember next time when looking on the markets,

CHOOSE WISELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way u can get xbox 360 AND wii for the price of ps3!!

Olvidarse
16-02-07, 06:06
Useless fan rant much?

Either way, you're not saving any money if you're spending it. :tea:

I think the selection of games available for either console predisposes the market.

Elysia
16-02-07, 06:47
Uhhhh, okay...

Problem is, any future Jak game'll be on the PS3, so that's kind of made my mind up for me, really... :p

Megalith
16-02-07, 06:52

Thanks,but no thanks:)

viper456
16-02-07, 07:17
i already have a 360 but i have every intention of getting a ps3 as soon as i can afford one! (Digital SLR camera comes first im affraid)

theres one thing that lara lover said that was true! graphics arent important! But unfortunatly games are! hence i will be getting a ps3 too because im a gamer not a fan boy :)

Mad Tony
16-02-07, 07:52
I already have an Xbox 360 and a Wii, and I plan to get a PS3 by the end of the year. Do you really think I care what some fanboy thinks about the PS3? :)
I'm still getting one. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be a PS3 exclusive. :)

Bullethail
16-02-07, 08:03
It depends on the gamer, guys... not the price or graphics or producer... if you sports and that sort of thing, go for the Wii. If you like more action games, Xbox 360 is probably best. If you want an in between sort of console, go for the PS3. But for goodness sake, stop trying to convince me to buy your favorite! Not everyone wants a 360!

Mad Tony
16-02-07, 08:12
It depends on the gamer, guys... not the price or graphics or producer... if you sports and that sort of thing, go for the Wii. If you like more action games, Xbox 360 is probably best. If you want an in between sort of console, go for the PS3. But for goodness sake, stop trying to convince me to buy your favorite! Not everyone wants a 360!
Hang on, how comes the Xbox 360 is good for action and the PS3 is in between?
They're both the same. For the PS3 you've got games like: Resistance: Fall of Man, Killzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. For the Xbox 360 you've got stuff like: Halo 3, Gears of War and Dead Rising. And tons of other games which are on both consoles.

Bullethail
16-02-07, 08:16
Hang on, how comes the Xbox 360 is good for action and the PS3 is in between?
They're both the same. For the PS3 you've got games like: Resistance: Fall of Man, Killzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. For the Xbox 360 you've got stuff like: Halo 3, Gears of War and Dead Rising. And tons of other games which are on both consoles.

Does it? Well, I think you've got the idea just the same... every console will have a bit of a different taste. Choose whatever suits you more.

Mad Tony
16-02-07, 08:17
Does it? Well, I think you've got the idea... every console will have a bit of a different taste. Choose whatever suits you more.
Let me explain it.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are basically the same. It all just depends on whether you want Blu-Ray or HD DVD and which games you prefer. (I.E. Resistance or Halo).

Bullethail
16-02-07, 08:17
Exactly. Whatever is more the thing for you, get it! I don't need to be convinced to get someone else's favorite console!

BlackFlame
16-02-07, 08:28
I actually heard a member of staff in Game tell someone who wanted to pre-order a PS3

"Don't bother, consoles only have a life of 5 years and the XBOX 3 will be due out in a couple of years, you might as well wait for that!

What a sales man :rolleyes:

kryptonite23
16-02-07, 09:26
I think PS3 is more expensive than XBOX 360.

Mad Tony
16-02-07, 09:29
I think PS3 is more expensive than XBOX 360.It is more expensive. A lot more expensive. :wve: But it does have a couple of good exclusives.

The only reason it's so expensive is because of the Blu-Ray drive.

Bullethail
16-02-07, 09:33
True... I'm torn. I'd like a PS3, but they're too darn expensive!

Mad Tony
16-02-07, 09:34
True... I'm torn. I'd like a PS3, but they're too darn expensive!
I'm just getting both. :p (Well, I already have the Xbox 360 and the Wii).
It's the easiest way really, that way you don't miss out on anything.

walk_man
16-02-07, 09:37
The games for the Xbox 360 are better than the PS3 because the ones that are being released with the PS3 are rubbish but by the end of this year, the games will make the PS3 one of the best consoles ever. Thats what I think anyway.

DMC
16-02-07, 11:08
Xbox360 kicks ass!!!I love it!DOA4 and especially DOAX2(Even though not my kind of game cuz theres too much shopping....But the girls "assets" have a unique "bounce" which I liiike very much....)have extraordinary graphics!

Thorir
16-02-07, 12:46
But the girls "assets" have a unique "bounce" which I liiike very much....)

Iīm sure thatīs a good excuse to buy a Xbox 360. ;)

Lew
16-02-07, 12:47
I hope to get all of them :p Plus my computer gets updated once in awhile so really I'm not bothered.

irjudd
16-02-07, 16:21
Wow we need a stickied official "console war" thread because it never fails as soon as a 360 vs. PS3 thread dies a new one pops up.

Mad Tony
16-02-07, 16:25
Wow we need a stickied official "console war" thread because it never fails as soon as a 360 vs. PS3 thread dies a new one pops up.
Exactly. I think both are equal, they just appeal to different tastes.
But some fanboy has to come along and wreck the peace. :rolleyes:

interstellardave
16-02-07, 16:35
My guess is that usually fanboys/girls fit this description, even if they won't admit it:

FANBOY: Someone who cannot really afford all consoles (though they want them) and thus must pick only one. He/She must then cover his/her angst over not having the other systems by pretending very vocally that he/she doesn't want the other systems. He/She must take every opportunity to avoid reasoned debate and instead mindlessly bash systems he/she doesn't own.

RedTyga
16-02-07, 16:42
My guess is that usually fanboys/girls fit this description, even if they won't admit it:

FANBOY: Someone who cannot really afford all consoles (though they want them) and thus must pick only one. He/She must then cover his/her angst over not having the other systems by pretending very vocally that he/she doesn't want the other systems. He/She must take every opportunity to avoid reasoned debate and instead mindlessly bash systems he/she doesn't own.

And/or they become content with just having one console and think that the company that makes it is God and proclaim that they are the best even though that's all they ever had. So when next-gen comes around they want the next-gen console that was made by the same company as their last gen without doing any research or finding out what the other consoles have to offer.

interstellardave
16-02-07, 16:47
^^^ Yep! Combine what I said with what you said and that covers about 98% of all fanboys and fangirls!

oocladableeblah
17-02-07, 00:12

Exactly!!!

*Rayne_Sixx*
17-02-07, 00:34
I'll get a PS3 as soon as I have the money, I'd rather give it to Sony than Microsoft.

Hyper_Crazy
17-02-07, 00:35
I'll get a PS3 as soon as I have the money, I'd rather give it to Sony than Microsoft.

Lol, I agree with you 100%, the only money Microsoft are getting off me is for computers.

*Rayne_Sixx*
17-02-07, 00:48
Exactly ;)

RedTyga
17-02-07, 05:38
*Sigh*

Mad Tony
17-02-07, 09:22
*Sigh*:vlol: So, it looks like the explanation was dead on then.

Lara Lover
17-02-07, 10:35
I'm planning on getting the PS3 whenever I can afford it as some games that are coming on there won't becoming on Xbox 360. And, yes. I do have a Xbox 360, love it. Some exclusive games for there are great. :tmb: But, it's not graphics or anything. It's games. ;)

viper456
17-02-07, 12:31
i know i said this earlier on in here but i have given it alot more thought and im deffinetly getting myself an SLR digital camera before i even think about a ps3 now.

Fraaadrik
19-02-07, 03:04

You just slapped yourself. First you said that graphics doesn't matter and then you said that 360 is so awesome because the graphics are so much better. And Virtual Fighter 5 is not only for 360, it's for PS3 aswell. :whi:
Doa3 owns Tekken 5 in some ways but Tekken 5 owns doa in other ways. Button mashing is way too rewarding in doa and the game's girl characters are like ecchi in 3d. The doa extreme games really made me lose interests in the whole doa serie. I remember playing doa3 against a friend who had played it for about a year and I could own him most of the time by button mashing and I had never played it before. I like Tekken 5 more because it has more realistic fighting styles and more serious than the doa games.
Different games are released for different consoles, for me it's the games that matters not the console. I'm buying PS3 because it will have more japanese/anime games, rpg games and such than 360. The reason why I dont buy a 360 is because it lacks the quantity of games I like.

***Lara_Lover***
21-03-07, 00:38
yeahhhh but some people are stupid about graphics...

i was very polite...... to include them...

and its very weird how people buy both consoles....

Wii+360 = 1 ps3.... in my country...

double the fun!!!!

Mad Tony
21-03-07, 06:20
yeahhhh but some people are stupid about graphics...

i was very polite...... to include them...

and its very weird how people buy both consoles....

Wii+360 = 1 ps3.... in my country...

double the fun!!!!You just don't get the point. Stop trying to persuade people to buy other consoles. If they wanna buy a PS3, fair enough. Because Indeed I plan to buy a PS3 as well.

troy tr
21-03-07, 08:25
there's nothing weird people buying both consoles. When you have the purchasing power, just go for it.

peffect
21-03-07, 08:39

That's what I wanted to hear!!! :jmp:
I love you! :hug:

I'm also getting an Xbox 360.
I think Sony made the PS3 that strong to take its revenge from the shame of the PS2 compared to the Xbox.
And I think, no game will need ALL the PS3 capacities to run.

troy tr
21-03-07, 08:47
PS2 was weak compared to Gamecube and Xbox, but look at their excellent game collection! We want to play games not comparing powers,what can you do with that?

peffect
21-03-07, 08:54
PS2 was weak compared to Gamecube and Xbox, but look at their excellent game collection! We want to play games not comparing powers,what can you do with that?

Yes! So the PS3 won't succeed with its power but, with the games it will contain.

Lara_Zoz2006
21-03-07, 08:55
i per ordered my ps3 i cant wait i get it on friday i traded in my 360 agaisnt the 360 was poo, the games were boring apart from Gears of War the only one, the so called backwards compatble didnt work properly Thief has random blue mutants walking around the screen. I worked in Game and Gamestation and im sosorry but the ps3 wins hands down. I have already played the graphics are slightly better than 360 but the harddrive is 60gb on a ps3 not 20gb like on an xbox. Im a sony girl and i have been waiting for this day for ages

Mad Tony
21-03-07, 12:54
there's nothing weird people buying both consoles. When you have the purchasing power, just go for it.I'm buying both consoles. I already have a Wii and 360. Just the PS3 to get. :)

walk_man
21-03-07, 15:19
Xbox 360 is better than the PS3 because its been out for nearly 2 years. The PS3 will end up as high as the PS2 was. I'm still getting an Xbox but maybe I'll get a PS3 a few years after theres no point of that tho.

Legend of Lara
21-03-07, 15:27
Xbox 360 is better than the PS3 because its been out for nearly 2 years. The PS3 will end up as high as the PS2 was. I'm still getting an Xbox but maybe I'll get a PS3 a few years after theres no point of that tho.

How does that make the 360 better? Yeah, it got a head start but it gave Sony extra time to work on the PS3's functions. ;)

The PS3 is a strong contender and is likely to sell in millions even years after its release. Much like the PSone and PS2. They still buy that today! The fancy new Blu-ray format can change gaming, allowing for some pretty huge games. Imagine GTA five times bigger than San Andreas. Yeah.

The Wii ignores graphical quality and focuses on innovation. While Sony and Microsoft duel it out for the lead, I'm sure the N-crew will blow everyone away with a surprise blast! The Wii-mote and Nunchuck are fresh and promising, allowing for many possibilities, as shown by games like Excite Truck, Far Cry, Red Steel and Sonic: Secret Rings.

The 360 is selling well but is likely to succumb to Nintendo and Sony's wider recognition in the console world. Microsoft as a console giant is growing though and is likely to attrack newer players as well as fans. It might now have a special gimmick like the other two but its chances are pretty good.

As for me, I'll settle with Wii and PS3. 360 isn't exactly my cup of tea. :)

St.Francis
21-03-07, 18:08
I already have an Xbox 360 and a Wii, and I plan to get a PS3 by the end of the year. Do you really think I care what some fanboy thinks about the PS3? :)
I'm still getting one. Metal Gear Solid 4 will be a PS3 exclusive. :)

I wish I had money like that. If I could I would have all three, 360 for good microsoft exlusives, PS3 for general gaming, and the Wii for multiplayer fun!

I can dream, but in reality I wouldn't be able to afford them all, but the PS3 is in my price range!:D :D

Mad Tony
21-03-07, 19:41
I wish I had money like that. If I could I would have all three, 360 for good microsoft exlusives, PS3 for general gaming, and the Wii for multiplayer fun!

I can dream, but in reality I wouldn't be able to afford them all, but the PS3 is in my price range!:D :DIt doesn't take much. :) By the time I get my PS3 I would've purchased all three consoles in about a year and a quarter. Quite a long time to get the money if you ask me. :)