PDA

View Full Version : Halo Discussion Thread

Ikas90
19-02-07, 05:33
Hi everyone! :wve:

I just thought I'd make a thread for discussing the Halo game series, as I've never seen a thread to talk about Halo. We can talk anything about Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 on the Xbox, and Halo 3 for the Xbox 360 while it's still in production.

To me, Halo has been one of the greatest games I've ever played. I've certainly enjoyed passing both games on the Legendary difficutly setting, and acquiring all the skulls on Halo 2.

Let's talk about Halo... Chop chop! :D

Fraaadrik
19-02-07, 05:51
I've played the PC version of Halo, it's quite fun and has lots of replay value. I can beat most levels with legendary difficulty but I remember one or two levels were way too hard for me with hardest difficulty. It's a great game :D

Ikas90
19-02-07, 05:55
I've never played it on PC... I heard you can use the Fuel Rod gun, and Banshee in multiplayer.

There was also this rumour of a Scarab gun in Halo 1 in multiplayer.

But passing on Legendary shouldn't be too hard... you just need the patience :D

Fraaadrik
19-02-07, 06:24
I've never played it on PC... I heard you can use the Fuel Rod gun, and Banshee in multiplayer.

There was also this rumour of a Scarab gun in Halo 1 in multiplayer.

But passing on Legendary shouldn't be too hard... you just need the patience :D

Basicly it is the same game except new multiplayer weapons, maps, modes but there's no coop mode (I think, never tried starting coop mode) and nerfed graphics. What I really like with Halo is OST and the vehicles.
The levels I have never been able to complete with legendary difficulty is The Library and Keyes, it's too hard and I keep dying =[. I should reinstall it and give it a go again tommorow or later today.

Ikas90
19-02-07, 10:28
Basicly it is the same game except new multiplayer weapons, maps, modes but there's no coop mode (I think, never tried starting coop mode) and nerfed graphics. What I really like with Halo is OST and the vehicles.
The levels I have never been able to complete with legendary difficulty is The Library and Keyes, it's too hard and I keep dying =[. I should reinstall it and give it a go again tommorow or later today.

Ah, that's no good... Co-op mode is awesome. That's how I started out on Legendary, with a friend who was pretty good. I've kinda followed in his footsteps.

Keyes isn't that much of a hard level, because it's the shortest one :D But if you have a good supply of grenades, you can do massive damage :whi:

But, The Library... :yik: That's insane, and fun at some points. A well placed grenade in the middle of a big group of Flood is definitely worth seeing.

greendayfan
19-02-07, 11:10
Halo sucks ass!!!!

Lew
19-02-07, 16:48
Not sure about Halo Wars I mean come on a stragety game? HAHA! Only good one is Sims Universe.

Psyched
19-02-07, 20:41
Halo stole years from my life. Well, not really. But first HPC online <3, and then H2 XBL...

This is the pinnacle of the FPS genre. I cannot wait for Halo 3.

Keyes and Two Betrayals were the hardest Legendary levels from the original for me. The Library just took food, drink and a lot of patience.

In HPC multiplayer you can wield the fuel rod and the flamethrower, as well as a banshee. The mods were awesome too, but online's not as fast as it once was.

Fish.
19-02-07, 21:28
Halo 2 was pretty good. I'd like to play Halo 3 when it's released.

Ikas90
20-02-07, 03:04
Not sure about Halo Wars I mean come on a stragety game? HAHA! Only good one is Sims Universe.

I'm not sure about Halo wars either, lol :D Halo is a FPS forever! :ohn:

Halo stole years from my life. Well, not really. But first HPC online <3, and then H2 XBL...

This is the pinnacle of the FPS genre. I cannot wait for Halo 3.

Keyes and Two Betrayals were the hardest Legendary levels from the original for me. The Library just took food, drink and a lot of patience.

In HPC multiplayer you can wield the fuel rod and the flamethrower, as well as a banshee. The mods were awesome too, but online's not as fast as it once was.

Yeah, I'd have to agree... The Library takes a long time, but I've been interested in speedrunning the game lately.

You'll find some speedruns here (http://highspeedhalo.net/) where there are set records by many people. I haven't even beaten a single record :( But on Halo 2, I've been pretty close to beating Outskirts.

tomblover
20-02-07, 03:47
Halo sucks ass!!!! Don't post, then.http://209.85.12.227/426/147/emo/flirt.gif (javascript:add_smilie()

Played a demo of Halo before, but not my type of game really. Maybe if I play it a bit more. (I played it in a supermarket. :p)

irjudd
20-02-07, 22:03

Halo was originally, conceptually created as an RTS. Only later was it made into a first person shooter. So I really think it will make a fine strategy game.

AmericanAssassin
20-02-07, 22:54
I'm not a huge fan of Halo, I must admit. First off, it's plot isn't that interesting. Destroy the covenant. Wow (Sarcasm). Also, it's gameplay brought nothing new to gaming that we needed. Multiplayer...already had. Game in space...already had. Weird guns...already had. Guy in big space suit...done a billion times. What's so special? There are people that camp out in tents in front of shops waiting for these games. Why? Don't tell me I'm ignorant in this because I've played the game several time, hoping to find some value in it -- none every time. Why is it that people are so obsessed? Did Bungie put you all under some sort of spell (that I'm too awesome to go under)? What is it? Please, all of you, explain it to me.

irjudd
20-02-07, 22:56
Well, further into the story of the game, the covenent is no longer the big issue... so the question I wonder is, how far did you actually play? The story gets really interesting.

Ikas90
21-02-07, 00:46
Exactly... Halo's story is different from a lot of other games. That's what makes it unique, and all games are unique in their own way.

I find Halo's story very interesting, and I'm looking forward to Halo 3, to find out how it all ends ;)

Soma Holiday
21-02-07, 02:23
I also find halo's story very interesting, especially aftare having read all the books. I admit that I still like Halo 1 over 2, though 2 was an incredible game, especially multiplayer. I'm looking forward to Halo 3, and I wanna get the helmet, but ONLY if I can wear it! haha (cause I'm a nerd like that hehehe lol *sniff*) They should have it set up so you could hear Cortana through the helmet, that'd be interesting lol. ;)

I think Halo Wars has potential because it will introduce a lot of people to a new type of gameplay...I know I don't play strategy games, but I'm gonna give this one a try, cause I'm interested.

Alot of people have a grudge against Halo, but no one can deny, that it is the most popular franchise at the moment and will go into history books as such, and also that it has revolutionized gaming, either by bringing so many people together, or by actual gameplay.

Incredible game...

(fav levels...1-Truth and Reconciliation, 2- Gravemind.)

I've got a thing for the purple levels lol. :D