PDA

View Full Version : Best Graphics On PS2

Naz2000
22-02-07, 17:08
Which PS2 game do you think has the most spectacular graphics ever...personally it can't choose between TR Legend and Resident Evil 4:confused:

gtkilla
22-02-07, 17:11
God of War II

jjbennett
22-02-07, 17:14
Agreed, or FFXII

J.

peffect
22-02-07, 17:16
What about Silent Hill 3 ?

irjudd
22-02-07, 17:30
I really liked the graphics in SSX3.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/xbox/ssx3/0917/ssx3_screen024.jpg

By the way, this shouldn't be in General Chat.

Mad Tony
22-02-07, 17:30
Ace Combat: Squadron Leader or Area 51.

Jacob x5
22-02-07, 17:36
I played the PC version of Half-Life, and it's pretty much the same thing as the PS2 version. That had very good graphics for its time.

By the way, this topic belongs in the Video Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25) forum. :wve:

Rivendell
22-02-07, 17:38
Most spectacular graphics on a Ps2 game?

The FMV's in Dirge of Cerberus! :cool:

Hyper_Crazy
22-02-07, 17:39

Oh, oh, oh, I agree with you!

Agent 47
22-02-07, 17:49
BLACK

in my opinion anyway :jmp:

KurtisLonely
22-02-07, 17:54
ResidentEvil4 :wve:

Kiss-Bite
22-02-07, 18:07

Off topic, but is this game good? I'm very tempted!:)

I think Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4 & I'm hoping FF12 & TRA will join them.:D

Hyper_Crazy
22-02-07, 18:09

Dirge of Cerberus (DoC), is a brilliant game, its a great spin-off of Final Fantasy VII (7), graphics are beautiful, gameplay is brilliant, many Final Fantasy VII areas in the game, the enemies have perfect aim, but I think the game is a bit linear.

Rivendell
22-02-07, 18:11

If you like FF7 then yeah! It's good to see some old faces, old places from a different viewpoint!

The gameplay really is just run through each area and shoot everything - that's all there is to it. If you like 3rd person shootemups then go for it!

The best thing about the game is the FMV's though by miles I think! :D

Legend of Lara
22-02-07, 18:20
Gran Turismo 4 looks INCREDIBLE. Black looks great too. Sonic Riders as well.
I can't decide between these three. :p

Tomb Raider Jay
22-02-07, 18:52
Primal has the best visuals on PS2 by a mile, this game looks so INCREDIBLE for a PS game! :yik: :)

The enviroments range from snowy mountain side ruins with savage hunters to a beautiful lake bathed in crisp autum sunshine where aquatic creatures reside, then it's off to a dark, gothic mansion with bloodthirsty vampires and finally a dry, dusty volcano on the verge of eruption - Vaired oh yes! :D

Everything from tiny tree branches blowing in the wind - this effect is so realistic you have to see it to believe it! - to snowy hillsides, deep blue lagoons - this is how ater should look in videogames, it's awesome - to sunkissed beaches, ruined fortresses, smelly dungeons, gothic ballrooms with massive scale, detailed stonework pillars, dried up paving stones, crumbling cave walls, haunted mansions, flowing lava boiling in the heat of the sun - the list is endless, honestly the graphical effects in Primal are truly SPECTACULAR!! :tmb:

The special effects like Jen's demon transformations still make my jaw drop, even today - this is the most amazing effect I've ever seen on PS2, seeing Jen morph from girl to demon is truly a sight to behold - whoever said the PS2 was the weakest console visually is seriously deluded and they've obviously never seen Primal in action! :p

The games levels are absolutly huge too, each consists of several locations and grand chambers, complete with some backtracking - but it's an action adventure title so this is to be expected, and when the visuals look this awesome - no one can complain!! ;)

The scale is massive, incedible and amazing, the views are equally as stuuning as Legend on PS2. There's huge chambers that tower high above Jen and Scree - it's high enough to give you vertigo, I've never had that feeling in any other game - not even Prince of Persia!

Primal is truly an amazing looking game, thats only on standard tv - crank it up on a good SAMSUNG HDTV at 480p and... :yik: :yik: :yik: :yik: :D - the visuals look utterly spectacular in every way possible!!!!
(I haven't seen it on my own HDTV yet but I'm getting one in a few weeks!)

It looks better than God of War, Prince of Persia, Shadow of the Collossus, Metal Gear, any Final Fantasy and TR Legends - AND if that wasn't enough it's also better looking than some PS3 games are right now! :ton:

Angel_14
22-02-07, 18:53
Primal has the best visuals on PS2 by a mile, this game looks so INCREDIBLE for a PS game! :yik: :)

The enviroments range from snowy mountain side ruins with savage hunters to a beautiful lake bathed in crisp autum sunshine where aquatic creatures reside, then it's off to a dark, gothic mansion with bloodthirsty vampires and finally a dry, dusty volcano on the verge of eruption - Vaired oh yes! :D

Everything from tiny tree branches blowing in the wind - this effect is so realistic you have to see it to believe it! - to snowy hillsides, deep blue lagoons - this is how ater should look in videogames, it's awesome - to sunkissed beaches, ruined fortresses, smelly dungeons, gothic ballrooms with massive scale, detailed stonework pillars, dried up paving stones, crumbling cave walls, haunted mansions, flowing lava boiling in the heat of the sun - the list is endless, honestly the graphical effects in Primal are truly SPECTACULAR!! :tmb:

The special effects like Jen's demon transformations still make my jaw drop, even today - this is the most amazing effect I've ever seen on PS2, seeing Jen morph from girl to demon is truly a sight to behold - whoever said the PS2 was the weakest console visually is seriously deluded and they've obviously never seen Primal in action! :p

The games levels are absolutly huge too, each consists of several locations and grand chambers, complete with some backtracking - but it's an action adventure title so this is to be expected, and when the visuals look this awesome - no one can complain!! ;)

The scale is massive, incedible and amazing, the views are equally as stuuning as Legend on PS2. There's huge chambers that tower high above Jen and Scree - it's high enough to give you vertigo, I've never had that feeling in any other game - not even Prince of Persia!

Primal is truly an amazing looking game, thats only on standard tv - crank it up on a good SAMSUNG HDTV at 480p and... :yik: :yik: :yik: :yik: :D - the visuals look utterly spectacular in every way possible!!!!
(I haven't seen it on my own HDTV yet but I'm getting one in a few weeks!)

It looks better than God of War, Prince of Persia, Shadow of the Collossus, Metal Gear, any Final Fantasy and TR Legends - AND if that wasn't enough it's also better looking than some PS3 games are right now! :ton:

I wanted to say the same! :D

Andariel
22-02-07, 18:57
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 look really nice. Also Virtua Fighter 4.

cbragg09
22-02-07, 18:57
I agree, I'm in Volca right now and Primal looks JAW DROPPING!! My vote goes to either this, Tomb Raider Legend, or Resident Evil 4 :D

Laras Backpack
22-02-07, 19:00
Jay- I BLOODY LOVE Primal!!! :jmp: It's one of my faves. I wish I had a HD TV to play it on. The game is truely fantastic. :tmb: When I bought it I didn't expect much (I actually had second thoughts over purchasing it- I bought it last summer). Anyway, the moment I played it I just adored it from start to finish. It is a work of art. I demand a sequel.

I find the best graphics aren't necessarily all about polygon count (though that is a big issue of course) but what the developer does with those polygons. The general design of the level matters as well as the atmosphere. You can have tonnes of polygons but still have a crappy looking game if you know what I mean.
There are some games that have both a great polygon count and fab design on the PS2- my personal faves: Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Prince of Perisa: Warrior Within and my beloved Resident Evil 4. :D

ajrich17901
22-02-07, 19:07
tomb raider the remake

RAID
22-02-07, 19:09
As FMVs I'd have to say FFX. But in game, Tomb Raider: Legend

We'll see about FF12.

Megalith
22-02-07, 19:27
If you are speaking ingame graphics:
Shadow of the Colossus
Tomb Raider Legend
Resident Evil 4
Gran Turismo 4
Final Fantasy XII
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
there are more though..

As for FMV's:
Final Fantasy XII,no question about it.

Gothlegend
22-02-07, 20:01
all silent hills except the first one.

petujaymz
23-02-07, 16:21
If PS2 RE4 & GC RE4 had a graphical fight who would win?

I've only played the GC version.

:wve:

Hypnosos
23-02-07, 17:43
God of War series... God of War II coming out in March, 2007, but I've already played the demo, so ****ing awesome! Awesome graphics(but most importantly, awesome gameplay, although the visuals are eyecandy), they have really pushed the PS2 to it's limits with this one, really squeezed it for everything it's got...

Laras Backpack
23-02-07, 19:10
If PS2 RE4 & GC RE4 had a graphical fight who would win?

I've only played the GC version.

:wve:

I haven't played the GC version, but from pics I've seen- Gamecube has the best graphics. :)

Dazzy
23-02-07, 19:36
Ratchet and Clank has the best graphics for a platformer!

Natey168
24-02-07, 01:08
The Splinter Cell games have pretty good graphics. Especially Double Agent. :)

kryptonite23
24-02-07, 03:26
Tomb Raider Legend and Ratchet And Clank(Going Commando):cln: