PDA

View Full Version : Lara no longer siderolls!

tombraiderfan14
23-02-07, 00:09
Awww man,,,, I liked that move, with her guns out, dodging bullets!

Continue

Lara Croft herself is looking fantastic. Her frame is dressed in around 7,000 polygons, and this time round she sports some new moves which will aid her progress through her adventure. One of those is a new balancing feature, which enables Lara to hop from platform or post, land, and then – with player interaction – find her centre of balance before proceeding. The much-loved handstand pull-up is still present, but the SIDE SOMERSAULT IS ABSENT THIS ROUND"

[mod edit. wrapped quote tags around the quote to show what and whose the quote is. Next time, use the "quote" button please.]

But maybe she will have the side flip :)

Which do you prefer?

AmericanAssassin
23-02-07, 00:10
I liked it too, but hopefully they replaced it with something better (and classic). :)

Which do you prefer?

I like them both equally.

Timbit
23-02-07, 00:15
I'm not sad they are out.

In AOD they were 100% useless. Sometimes you wanted her to do a forwards jump and if the camera wasn't perfect she would do a side jump and die. I don't miss them at all. :)

MattTR
23-02-07, 00:21
Aww, oh well I think we can still do it when her guys are equip.

Joseph
23-02-07, 00:27
tombraiderfan14. You're spamming again. See: you don't use the Edit button. Plus you post like you're on MSN. This is a Forum. Not a chat box.

viper456
23-02-07, 00:33
whats the difference between the sideroll and sideflip ?? :confused:

Joshorty
23-02-07, 00:51
whats the difference between the sideroll and sideflip ?? :confused:
Sideflip is when she jumps in the air sideways while sideroll is when she rollsto the ground side ways.
Sideroll is actually useful I was able to dodge traps with them from sideflip to sideroll - not only did it look cool but darn I'm suprised it's out:eek:say when was this confirmed:confused:

Shauni
23-02-07, 00:52
At least we will still have the Legend type side jump with guns out... At least, I believe that is still possible, wasn't it in the in-game trailer? *will go check now*

Joshorty
23-02-07, 00:59
It definently was in it;) but no siderolls...where was that confirmed?

_Lam
23-02-07, 02:03
Men I really don't understand !
Sideroll is the Legend jump when your gun are out ?
Sideflip is the old Tomb Raider move that you do when you jump while pushing a direction ?!

Help me please lol ! :)

the hooliganz
23-02-07, 02:11
i like the side flip more, and i like to be like the classic way

Joshorty
23-02-07, 04:00
Men I really don't understand !
Sideroll is the Legend jump when your gun are out ?
Sideflip is the old Tomb Raider move that you do when you jump while pushing a direction ?!

Help me please lol ! :)
Sideflip is jumping in the air, moving sideways with the guns out. (this was in all Tomb Raiders - AOD was a bit hard to do but I manage to have her do it:))
Sideroll, she rolls left/right with her guns out as well basically.

AnthonyShock1515
23-02-07, 08:32
It looked really, unrealistic. lol
If anyone tried that they'd break their back or their neck!

dream raider
23-02-07, 14:20
Is this side roll when in Legend she had her weapons out and you pressed left/right and jump?

Mona Sax
23-02-07, 14:27
A sideflip is where she really jumps up and to the side, doing a somersault in mid-air. The basic move she did in the classics when you pressed jump and left/right. It's in Legend, too, but only when you've got your guns out.

A side roll on the other hand is a move on the ground. You hurl yourself sidewards, crouch and land on your shoulder/upper back and roll until you're back on your feet.

troy tr
23-02-07, 14:41
ohhh..so you mean her regular roll on the floor, is that it?

laralauraxxx
23-02-07, 14:50
I prefer the side flip its more useful when dodging stuff you cann just jump over them!!!!:)

Ward Dragon
23-02-07, 16:27
A sideflip is where she really jumps up and to the side, doing a somersault in mid-air. The basic move she did in the classics when you pressed jump and left/right. It's in Legend, too, but only when you've got your guns out.

A side roll on the other hand is a move on the ground. You hurl yourself sidewards, crouch and land on your shoulder/upper back and roll until you're back on your feet.

Ah. So which one is missing? I'm confused now :p

By the way, I just watched the trailer and it looks like Lara can once again do that move where she twists around in mid-air to face the other direction while shooting :D Did anyone else see that or did I misinterpret it?

Dmoney
23-02-07, 16:29
She does side flip...........just not the classic way;)

Hyper_Crazy
23-02-07, 16:30
I like slide flip better.

YvesSL
23-02-07, 16:31
That was the best added move in my opinion. Too bad they took it off.

ben croft
23-02-07, 18:37
It was such a nice move, but I can live without it.

:wve: