PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2: Seasons (Expansion Pack) - General Info, Screens, & Videos Thread

AmericanAssassin
23-02-07, 00:36
Here's a thread to discuss the newly released expansion pack The Sims 2: Seasons!!! :D I hope that everybody will be able to buy a copy!

http://i5.************/2dhd9jl.jpg

http://i3.************/4gt61dh.jpg

http://i11.************/2dtp4x3.jpg

http://i5.************/317cp43.jpg

Enjoy All Four Seasons with Your Sims!

Press Release -- This Content Was Not Created By GameSpot. Posted Dec 12, 2006 8:45 pm GMT

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – (December 12, 2006) – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that fans of the popular video game franchise, The Sims 2, will now be able to head outdoors for year-round fun with their Sims. The Sims 2 Seasons will be available as a PC expansion pack and will build on the celebrated The Sims 2 experience that allows players to create and control virtual characters throughout their lives while determining the outcome of their relationships and choosing their destiny. The Sims 2 Seasons introduces all new ways for your Sims to enjoy spring, summer, autumn and winter!

Experiencing all four seasons for the first time – from seasonal activities to all-new outerwear for unpredictable weather – is guaranteed to provide a whole new level of excitement for your Sims! Not only will your Sims experience the seasons changing in spring, summer, autumn and winter, but each season will deliver unique benefits, impacting your Sims relationships, mood, skills, careers and more. And be sure to dress your Sims appropriately for the weather -- freezing, sunburn and other unexpected weather effects can occur!

Whether you're strengthening family ties in winter, letting romance bloom in spring, deepening the bonds of friendship in summer, or fast-tracking your career in autumn, the seasons have a whole new impact on your Sims' lives throughout the year! Avoid the heat; take a dip in the pool and play Marco Polo! Go skating on an ice rink; have snowball fights, build snowmen or make snow angels. Each season unfolds differently delivering stunning visuals of weather effects and seasonal changes including snow, rain, hail, lightning and more ensuring a unique gameplay experience for many seasons to come. Show Off Your Sims' Green Fingers; make your garden blossom and reap the rewards! And as an added bonus, crops that harvest at the peak time can produce varying juices that reap special benefits, from love potions and energy boosts to cold fighters and smart juices! Time to drink up!

"The Sims 2 Seasons really delivers what the players have been asking for – a unique gaming experience offering new seasonal, outdoor activities that players can engage in. And because each season unfolds differently, spring, summer autumn and winter will look different than the year before, guaranteeing a fresh experience each season," said Vice President and Studio Head of The Sims Division, Rod Humble. "From fishing with Dad on a cool lake to catching fireflies on a warm summer night – these are the great moments in life we remember either from growing up with our parents or growing up with our kids. The wonderful gardening system adds another layer of player creativity and nurturing which is the perfect compliment to the base game. "

The Sims 2 Seasons will be in store in Europe on 2nd March 2007 as a PC expansion pack that builds on the original The Sims 2 PC game experience.

Features

Benefit from Each Season—Each season impacts your Sims' relationships, moods, and more!
Share New activities— New group activities in every season your Sims and their family and friends! Build snowmen, splash in the pool, play catch, ice skate, and more.
Reap the Fruits of Your Sims' Labors—Harvest fruits and veggies all year round and blend love potions, energy drinks, health boosters and more.
Update Their Wardrobes—Dress your Sims in seasonal outfits like winter coats, gloves, ear muffs, raincoats, summer dresses, and more.
Master New Talents—Show off your Sims' green fingers! Join the Gardening Club for friendship and tips on how to make your garden blossom, and reap the rewards! Catch fresh Fish to grill on the barbeque—but beware of unexpected catches!
Explore 6 New Careers - Do your Sims yearn to be an adventurer or gamer? Perhaps they'd rather explore music, law, journalism, or education? Fun reward objects like the Heavy Metal Guitar await your Sims with each new career path.
Enhanced Visual Effects - Dramatic and detailed weather effects bring a brand new visual experience to The Sims 2 universe! Snowstorms, thundershowers, lightning bolts and deadly hailstones, all spectacularly rendered to occur in both existing and new The Sims 2 neighborhoods!

The Sims 2 Seasons for PC requires The Sims 2 or The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition for PC to play.

About The Sims

The Sims franchise celebrated its fifth anniversary in February. The game skyrocketed to the top of the charts when it began shipping to stores in February 2000 and quickly become a universal gaming and cultural phenomenon. The Sims PC based product and expansion packs were the best selling PC games of 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. Translated into 17 different languages, The Sims has inspired seven top selling expansion packs. They include: The Sims Livin' Large, The Sims House Party, The Sims Hot Date, The Sims Vacation, The Sims Unleashed, The Sims Superstar, and The Sims Makin' Magic. The Sims 2 shipped in September 2004 with sales already topping 5M units worldwide, it was the best selling PC game of 2004. The Sims 2 University shipped in March 2005, The Sims 2 Nightlife shipped in September 2005, The Sims 2 Open for Business shipped in February 2006 and The Sims 2 Pets shipped in October 2006. Combined sales for the franchise are approximately 70M units life-to-date. For more information on The Sims 2, visit http://www.thesims2.com and for more information on The Sims franchise titles, visit http://www.thesims.com

qKtQcWNrH8I CrdNwEbLVFI

Natey168
23-02-07, 00:38
I had to take The Sims 2 off of the computer so I could put TR II,III, and IV on... :( I was really looking forward to Seasons...If only I had my own computer.

kill bill
23-02-07, 00:41
Nor can I:jmp:

tomblover
23-02-07, 13:25
I'm really looking forward to this as it seems very fun. :D

conorcroft2001
23-02-07, 13:37
Lots of information on www.snootysims.com (http://www.snootysims.com) and www.simzone.de (http://www.simzone.de) and www.thesimszone.co.uk (http://www.thesimszone.co.uk)

I can't wait either - it's out next friday:D

Conor

laras
24-02-07, 16:20
I can't wait for seasons. Weather effects look really good! :jmp:

troy tr
24-02-07, 17:01
lol another one? I haven't even finished Sims:Pets yet :D

kill bill
24-02-07, 17:04
Theres no story in pets.:p congratz on 100 post.

troy tr
24-02-07, 18:15
ooh yeah..thank you. didn't realize that kill bill:p:D

AmericanAssassin
25-02-07, 04:01
Could somebody post some screens? I'll get a trailer, but I'm too lazy to do the screens! :D Thanx!

AmericanAssassin
25-02-07, 20:42
*Content moved to original post.

:D Yay! Go me! Any screens anybody? PLEASE!!!

Lavinder
25-02-07, 21:11
Looks cute but Sims always bores me, I wish I was easily pleased :(

AmericanAssassin
25-02-07, 22:47
^^ Easily pleased?! :yik: The Sims 2 is considered to be the most complex game ever made! It's difficult to play without cheats! Nothing easy about it! ^^

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 21:29
IT'S HERE!!!

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 23:00
I just found this thread made not too long ago. :wve:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=87840

Kate106
02-03-07, 23:10
I love The Sims, can’t wait for this ep. I know after a while of gameplay the game does get a little boring but why don't you try and create your house and family and any pets you might have.:)

tomblover
02-03-07, 23:34
I've got the game! It's wonderful! :D It's funny when the sims' fall when rollerskating or ice skating. :vlol:

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 23:39
I've got the game! It's wonderful! :D It's funny when the sims' fall when rollerskating or ice skating. :vlol:

I'm so jealous! I haven't been to the store yet...:(

kill bill
02-03-07, 23:43
Not out in Ireland yet!:( :o

tomblover
02-03-07, 23:55
They have juice makers (You can make juice out of strawberries and other things you plant.) and a hot cocoa maker for when you've been in the cold for too long. :D It's nice. I've only encountered rain, snow, thunder and sun so far. I haven't got a chance to make juices since my strawberries are "tasteless"... :p And the fact that my sim doesn't own a juice maker.

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 02:36
I finally added a few pics, the trailer, and an interview! :D Yay! Go me!

Mr.LadyCroft
03-03-07, 05:30
i want this game really bad. it looks really good but i might not get it till after i get Tomb Raider : Anniversary because i want to make sure i have enough money for that. :D

tomblover
03-03-07, 11:45
If anyone has questions just go ahead and bomb me like an innocent person in an dictatorial land. (Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that, I meant it as a joke.)

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 11:53
If anyone has questions just go ahead and bomb me like an innocent person in an dictatorial land. (Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that, I meant it as a joke.

Okay, I have some:
What affects does the weather inflict on your sims pets?
Can it affect your businesses?
Am I spelling "affects" correct?

Lew
03-03-07, 21:59
Got it :D Just bought it, the graphics look corrupt for some wierd reason so gonna sort that out.

tomblover
03-03-07, 22:35
Okay, I have some:
What affects does the weather inflict on your sims pets?
Can it affect your businesses?
Am I spelling "affects" correct? I don't know how it affects pets as I haven't checked yet. And yes, you can sell what you plant AFAIK. And yes, you're spelling affect correctly. :p

Lew, the graphics get set to default for some reason, so you just need to determine them again. :)

EDIT: There's an all new weather channel and a new section in the newspapers about weather. It informs you of weather further on. (Why is it needed? Well, weather affects your plants a great deal.) Although I have to say they're quite crazy, I once had a summer and it said that there was a risk of great snowfall later. :vlol: For the TV channel, they used almost only some of the footage from the first trailer you posted.

EDIT 2: I love catching fireflies! :D But catching butterflies aren't as fun. When they are in the jar they look all dead and such. Fireflies is a nice decoration though.

EDIT 3: You can make food out of fish you catch, but watch out, they make sims very satisfied quickly. One of my sims got fat because of it. :p :D

Lavinder
04-03-07, 02:00
^^ Easily pleased?! :yik: The Sims 2 is considered to be the most complex game ever made! It's difficult to play without cheats! Nothing easy about it! ^^

You don't understand, I said easily pleased. I play it for about 2 hours then get bored because I prefer a games with heavy story lines or multi player where I can interact with real people.

I might give Sims 2 another go when I have more HD and maybe borrow Seasons off one of my friends or something, just to experience it :)

irjudd
04-03-07, 02:06
I just bought this expansion today. I have not played it yet, as my wife has been going nuts with it. Looks cool so far :D

Lew
04-03-07, 12:35
No the graphics look fine its just that it went all wierd. Its working now which is good. I'm currently in Fall and its great. I love it. The swimming pool in summer is the main attraction for me, waiting for winter now, hopefully you'll be able to ice skate on it.

nicola1986
05-03-07, 14:35
just got it this weekend, havent had chance to play it yet, but gonna have a go now, looks good :D dnt know why but this is the only expansion pack that ive been excited about

Lew
05-03-07, 17:12
Lol ^ Pets wasn't and isn't really exciting except for pets, and if you have it you get a cute lil penguin which you can pet in Seasons.

rachkitten
05-03-07, 17:27
I so want to buy it but ive got to save up for TR:Anniversary, and ive got two friends birthdays at the end of this month. It looks so good :D

Raziel66
05-03-07, 17:31
OFB and Seasons are the best datadiscs:D ...Pets is the worst IMO

AmericanAssassin
05-03-07, 21:03
OFB and Seasons are the best datadiscs:D ...Pets is the worst IMO

My favorite is University. I don't have Seasons yet though, so that may change. :)

nicola1986
06-03-07, 11:58
I thought Pets would be amazing but it wasn't, there arent enough interactions with your pets for me and all my sims wants and fears are filled with wanting animals they dont hardly know to learn how to stay lol And I only see the wolf once and then it doesnt come again so how am i supposed befriend the bloody thing to become a werewolf :confused: :hea: lol

For some reason Unleashed was much more interesting. :D

I liked University abit too there was alot of cool objects n stuff with that.

Played Seasons abit yesterday, so far its ok tho Im gonna have a proper look at it today, no leaves appeared in autumn and nothing happened in spring yet so im gonna have to wait for them again :rolleyes: I think im gonna have to get the strategy guides, you miss alot of good stuff without them :)

tomblover
06-03-07, 14:30
Nico, you have to own trees for leaves to fall.

nicola1986
07-03-07, 12:50
Obviously yeah I got loads, apparently you can sweep them up but none settle yet

Oh n found the penguin in the winter talking to my snowman lol its sooo cute :D wierdly though it seemed to be talking about frying eggs lol

nicola1986
07-03-07, 15:42
Are there any unlockables in Seasons? All I seem to get in Pets is collars,do they have other objects also to unlock?

tomblover
07-03-07, 15:52
They have a few new career rewards for the new careers, wich are teaching, (Like school or something.) gaming, adventuring and something about journalists. And I almost forgot one, music.