PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Frightening Gaming Moment Ever???

TombRaiderLover
24-02-07, 09:40
For me, it would have to be the spider cave in Tomb Raider 2. *cringes* Scared the hell out of me.

troy tr
24-02-07, 10:02
Leon being chased by the chainsaw guy. :yik: I always keep a distance away from him

Hypnosos
24-02-07, 10:51
I always hated those guys with chainsaws in Resident Evil 4. Oh, and that BIG room in the castle... it's like a army of those... things... holy crap...

And I got scared a couple of times in F.E.A.R and it's expansion as well. A gaming moment I will never forget is when I went down a ladder and Alma showed up and laughed right in my face.

CuteKittenlol
24-02-07, 10:58
When those dogs run at you in the Resident Evil remake, or those huge spiders! :yik: *Shudders*
I don't like it when Nemesis chases you either, those noises he makes scares the crap outta me. >_<
Chainsaw men are horrible too, but the Bella Sisters are the worst, I always do the Troll. LOL

ivannnnn
24-02-07, 11:00
Forbidden Siren 1 and 2...feel the fear :o

Trigger_happy
24-02-07, 11:19
when the bear from TR1 appeared behind us and tried to eat Lara whole- we werent expecting that!:D

Geck-o-Lizard
24-02-07, 11:28
Thief 3 - The Shalebridge Cradle

First half of the level, I was sneaking inch by inch through the empty dark corridors. Turns out there are no other characters or enemies in this half of the level, but the fact you see none when you play it the first time makes you increasingly tense and nervous. Well, near the end of that section of the level, there's a stairway up to the attic... I could hear something knocking up at the top of the stairs, and I jumped a foot in the air and ran all the way back down and hid for a good ten minutes to get my nerves back. >_<

Then, second half of the level, I thought it would be as empty and lifeless as the first half. I was SO wrong. I was charging through the corridors until I came face to face with this thing, though face to face is the wrong expression to use because it had no face. There was a broken wire cage over its head and each hand, and it was dressed in stained, rotting inmate overalls. I nearly had a heart attack and ran away like greased lightning, climbing up to the top of a wall to hide out of its reach. (it was one of the nine Puppets in the asylum, basically a zombie that's even more disturbing and surreal than our traditional undead friends... and realistic-looking zombies absolutely terrify me in games)

Then, after having dealt with that one (and a couple of others), I thought I'd got 'em all. I was picking a lock to one of the cells, when I was attacked by one of the puppets that had sneaked up behind me. I screamed. :yik:

Yeah... That does no justice to what it was like. The Shalebridge Cradle is the most intensely terrifying level in any game I've ever played, including horror games. http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/6030/uhohpk9.gif

walk_man
24-02-07, 11:30
Mine would have to be when my sim dies. Lol. Maybe not... I though that Boaz in AOD was kinda scary but the most scariest has to be in GTA in the last missions. Theres always so many people shooting. I get soo freaked out !

Paperdoll
24-02-07, 11:35
The school in Silent Hill, I was always scared to walk an inch in that bit, those little claw kid things scared the crap out of me X_X

That and Silent Hill 2, when you're walking in the apartments and you see Pyramid Head for the very first time, through some grates, staring at you with some red lighting, knowing that I had to go to where he was and him just there... staring at me, like he was waiting *shivers*

And then there was that time that I nearly had an heart attack, although I wasn't playing anything. I was playing SH2 at the time, always at late night hours. One day, I couldn't sleep and I went to the living room to watch a movie, it was The Colour Purple, if I'm not mistaken. Having all the lights off and the movie's sound really low (middle of the night), all of a sudden I hear a siren, which is the firemen siren and sometimes could be heard at noon but in the middle of the night... wtf? I seriously went paranoid at that time, the next day I eventually found out it was due to some emergency but at the time... goodness gracious.

ace_85
24-02-07, 12:38
Having all the lights off and the movie's sound really low (middle of the night), all of a sudden I hear a siren, which is the firemen siren and sometimes could be heard at noon but in the middle of the night... wtf? I seriously went paranoid at that time, the next day I eventually found out it was due to some emergency but at the time... goodness gracious.

Yeah, hearing a siren in the middle of the night after playing SH was always going to be a little scary. I hope it wasn't foggy outside as well :D

Alive_and_Funky
24-02-07, 13:16
The first time I saw the Grim Reaper on The Sims 2. He still scares me. :(

CuteKittenlol
24-02-07, 13:19
^ :vlol:

Alive_and_Funky
24-02-07, 13:22
^ :vlol:
What? It's not funny. :(

At least it makes me strive to keep my Sims alive. Good for them, I suppose. :D

Mad Tony
24-02-07, 13:33
The first time I saw the Grim Reaper on The Sims 2. He still scares me. :(:vlol: Lmao!

I don't play many survival horror type games, so my scariest gaming moment is probably when I first played Metal Gear Solid and Psycho mantis took control of Meryl and things went weird. :p

viper456
24-02-07, 13:34
i thought Condemmed was quite scary. I dont really appreciate deformed men high on smack running at me with a piece of wood with a nail sticking out of it! lmao

tomblover
24-02-07, 13:37
I hate when those mutants pop outta nowhere in Half-Life 2... Freaky bloody mutant men with creatures instead of faces in that particular part...

Naz2000
24-02-07, 13:38
Definitley Resident Evil 4

Ikas90
24-02-07, 14:14
Probably when I was playing a game on the PC called "Space Quest", a scary monster came up, and I went white and started crying :eek: It made me go pale.

And with TR, I'd say in the second level of TR1, on finding one of the secrets. That chime played when I entered the area, and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I turned the PlayStation off! :eek:

TR FAN 18
24-02-07, 14:44
Mine would be in Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest. It was when I saw 8 SKULLTULAS in one room in the Spirit Temple that made me SCREAM! :yik:

LuigiEspadachin
24-02-07, 14:51
Hmm...most likely either Nemesis in Resident Evil 3 when I fought him for the first time and I found out he could chase you or Dr Salvador in Resident Evil 4..that was scary. o_o

Regulator
24-02-07, 15:03
One time I was playing DOOM3 and at the end of this one level...

So there I am walking when I see the door that ends the level.I walk when suddenly the floor falls down and shows an area.In the middle of it is a helmet.So I go to it and next thing I know the screen becomes all blurry and I hear screaming!!!Then I see tons of zombies coming and there I got so scared.But it was over soon.

Then there was this one part when I was in the Hell levels.I was walking toward to some door when suddenly it closes and and there I'm stuck in the dark hallway with only a few light fires on.There I see these skeleton like people walking toward me.I start freaking out and wishing it would all go away and that I had my chainsaw!!!

petujaymz
24-02-07, 15:06
RE2 on the N64 - my first RE experience.

The moment when the exposed brain/long tongue monster bursts through the one way glass in the police station. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Games rarely make me jump - this bit ******* did! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:wve:

Domino
25-02-07, 10:14
In Resident evil 2, when your walking down the corridor and suddenly these arms burst out through the boarded windows and try and grab you. I freaked! It was only two weeks ago aswell....

Mad Tony
25-02-07, 10:17
In Resident evil 2, when your walking down the corridor and suddenly these arms burst out through the boarded windows and try and grab you. I freaked! It was only two weeks ago aswell....I remember that when I was a kid! :vlol: I was only about 5, and my brother's friend grabbed me at the same time! Lol.

TR freak
25-02-07, 10:37
So many things I could name from the resident evil series. Well except RE2. I didn't find anything in that game scary at all. Probably because I only got this game a couple months back. I guess when you're older you dont get scared as easily. Dont get me wrong, I do love RE2. Its my second fav RE behind RE4 but it just didn't scare me.

Thorir
25-02-07, 10:59
Project Zero/Fatal Frame 1.

I opened a door to a savepoint and a ghost walked by, didn´t harm me or anything, but the music got so loud and I totally didn´t expect a ghost there, so I jumped straight out of my chair screaming. I was shaking for hours and couldn´t play the game for a week!

The Silent Hill games also have their fair share of scares!

rejectedpunk9
25-02-07, 11:11
that shadow thing at the start of kingdom hearts:o

hehe, it was a while ago:p

interstellardave
25-02-07, 22:55
I would have to say that Fatal Frame was the spookiest and scariest game I've played. As for a "shock" moment it was, hands down, in Dino Crisis 1 when the T-Rex bashes his head into the big office Window and roars right in your face, with the controller shaking and all! That was completely unexpected and incredibly intense!

Agent 47
25-02-07, 23:04
In Resident evil 2, when your walking down the corridor and suddenly these arms burst out through the boarded windows and try and grab you. I freaked! It was only two weeks ago aswell....

i aint gonna lie.............i'm 29 now,but when i first played RE2......the crows flying through the windows of the bus or whatever made me jump :D

because i wasn't expecting it, simply minding my own business then bam.....

Lenochka
25-02-07, 23:11
In RE2 when you walk through that area next to the window and the licker crawls over the window! scared the hell out of me :S

Lavinder
25-02-07, 23:27
I think its Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

You are minding your own business walking across a corridor or something then BAM one of the weird mutant things smashes itself against the glass and all you see is broken glass and blood, you have to go in the door next to the window.

That scared the **** out of me. :(

dirrtytomboi
26-02-07, 03:53
mine would be eternal darkness sanitys requium that entire game just made me feel uneasy i still have trouble playing it at night lol

the hooliganz
26-02-07, 04:21
the one inTR2, when the jade warriors comes to life and chase you

Quiver.
26-02-07, 05:29
"We dont go to ravenholm" from half life 2 was pretty freaky...:p

oculi
26-02-07, 06:43
ravenholm, eternal darkness (yeah pretty much the whole game)

scariest one in recent memory is in vampire the masquerade: bloodlines when you first see, and later get attacked by the heads with arms attatched to their necks that lope around on their hands, very freaky!

Rivendell
26-02-07, 07:16
Probably something from the depths of Silent Hill 2..

john_york
02-03-07, 14:23
all of silent hill 3 and pretty much all of manhunt too. especially in surround sound!

erosan
03-03-07, 00:53
fighting the ninja, and saving shinatama in Oni, fighting Boaz and Karel in AOD x.x

Soma Holiday
03-03-07, 01:18
Doom 3....the evil flying babies...I screamed....threw the controller....my friends laughed at me.

It was very disturbing...and very sad. :(

lol.

did I mention that I have a fear of anything similar to a baby...ie dolls, evil flying demon-babies from hell...oh yes, it was rough.

:D

Jo269976
03-03-07, 12:00
In Silent Hill 2, in the dark prison under the Silent Hill Hisotrical Society building, I was walking by a row of cells and I heard someone talking, it got closes and closer and the radio was going crazy and all I heard really loudly was "WHERE'S SHE NOW?!" (someone people say it's ritual but I believe otherwise), I was 9 at the time and it was just so horrifying that this presence was there and the camera angle wouldn't let you see it. I actually stopped playing the game for a year!

That and the Alternate Hospital in the original Silent Hill, I was 7 at the time and had gotten it for my birthday, I had gotten to Alchimea Hospital (sp?) and saw that really freaky fourth button thing and arrived in the dark hospiatl, just seeing the doctors and nurses running around with knives trying to slash you and you go deeper and deeper into the darkness.

I hope Silent Hill 5 will take place as my most horrifying game moment. :D

jarhead
03-03-07, 12:06
RE4 on PC. Large group of axe wielding maniacs chasing after you and you cant remember what button shoot is :o

White Rabbit
03-03-07, 12:15
Being ambushed by the raptors in Tomb of Qualopec. :o I don't play many scary games...

kryptonite23
03-03-07, 12:21
Mine will be the Resident Evil.:o

Trust In Trent
04-03-07, 22:57
my biggest scare ultimately was on Half Life. When I first saw the zombies (you know the ones with the science team outfits on). :P

Forwen
04-03-07, 23:18
A man with a wrench... but he's dead now.

I hate when those mutants pop outta nowhere in Half-Life 2... Freaky bloody mutant men with creatures instead of faces in that particular part...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/concerned097.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Forwen123/concerned098.jpg

I'll never get tired of Chris's "recycled" jokes.

ZachJoker
05-03-07, 01:01
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - Alexandria- The Egyptian Adventure - Crossbow Room :yik:

I'm absolutely terrified every time I play this part. The fact that only a certain path of spikes have been deactivated and that if you mistep by just a little bit, you will be dead instantly. It's not even the death, it's the deafening metal-against-metal sound the spikes make when they raise from the ground. I had to do that whole section without headphones. :(

Also, Von Croy's Apartment in AoD gave me a rather big scare. So much that I'm scared of finishing the level. :o

The cleaner just busts out of NOWHERE and it's just...just...:yik:

peffect
05-03-07, 06:11
For me, it's the prison in Silent Hill 2...Although all the game's frightening.

Rivendell
05-03-07, 08:27
Silent Hill 2 is the scaries game I've played too, the whole atmosphere is so well crafted and terrifying.

The more frightening moment though... Possibly RE2 when the tyrant man unexpectedly burst through a wall and chased me!

I'm sure there's been more frightening bits, but I really can't remember them :confused:.

Legend 4ever
05-03-07, 08:52
Tomb Raider 1 The final battle!

Roddy100
05-03-07, 21:53
The moment in Resident Evil 2 in the police station in the room with the one-way mirror. I have never jumped so high!

SpongeBob Lover
06-03-07, 02:08
For me it has to be Silent hill :D

Mr.Burns
06-03-07, 02:26
Doom 3, in the dark, using headphones. It actually gave me nightmares.

crux2
06-03-07, 10:15
Alma reaching out at you when your climbing one of the ladders in F.E.A.R. and something else she does later on that i wont spoil in case any of you havent played it yet ^^

i dont think many games 'scare' me as such - its more the shock value of something jumping out. having said that there have been a few games than have un-nerved me the 1st time i played them, F.E.A.R. being one, ravenholm levels in HL2, VTMB did a good job too as did AVP2 in its day.