PDA

View Full Version : Vice City Stories

Agent 47
24-02-07, 17:31
don't know if GTA fans are aware of it but

GTA Vice City Stories is released on PS2 on 9th March (UK) :jmp:

so the question is, to PSP owners..is it good?

tr_mitch
24-02-07, 17:35
Vice city for ps2 was by far my favourite Grand Theft Auto, but not really heard much about vice city stories so i'm hoping they still managed to capture the atmosphere of the first Vice City.

Agent 47
24-02-07, 17:45
Vice city for ps2 was by far my favourite Grand Theft Auto, but not really heard much about vice city stories so i'm hoping they still managed to capture the atmosphere of the first Vice City.

well this one is set in 1984 (two years before GTA VC). for a PSP title i thought it looked good, but i'm keen to hear what it's actually like to play and is the story any good

the period music sounds fine :jmp:

Mad Tony
24-02-07, 17:47
I wondered if they'd port Vice City Stories onto the PS2, looks like they did. Now the question is, will there be a San Andreas Stories and will that be released on the PS2?

Titanium
24-02-07, 17:51
I wondered if they'd port Vice City Stories onto the PS2, looks like they did. Now the question is, will there be a San Andreas Stories and will that be released on the PS2?

I have been wondering that too, but San Andreas is such a big game, they may have to cut quite a bit of stuff out to fit it onto the PSP.

TR freak
24-02-07, 17:53
OMG!!! I never expected this to get ported. GTA VC is my second fav GTA behind SA. Is VCS better than VC? I was kind of disappointed with LCS on PS2 so I dont want to fall for the same trap. It was better than GTA 3 but still a massive disappointment. GTA 3 was also a disappointment for me considering I got it at the same time as LCS.

Alive_and_Funky
24-02-07, 17:55
I have it for the PSP and, unfortunately, it's currently my least favourite GTA game out of the GTA games I've played (Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories).
There are quite a lot of bugs in the game, I don't find the levels to be as enjoyable as previous games and there aren't really many characters which I'm over keen on (minus radio hosts, the only characters which I like a lot are Vic and Lance). I've not completed the game yet though, so I'm really hoping that I'll enjoy it more as it goes on.
Don't let this put you off though. There are a lot of people who enjoy it more than I do, and it's certainly not a bad game.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that they've screwed up the swimming. You now have a stamina meter for when you swim, and if it goes all the way down you drown. The stamina meter isn't large enough at all, and if you end up flying your car off of the road you'll probably struggle to get to sure in time. Well, at least that's what has happened in my experiences.

Mad Tony
24-02-07, 17:56
I have been wondering that too, but San Andreas is such a big game, they may have to cut quite a bit of stuff out to fit it onto the PSP.Rockstar could end up making each of the three areas in San Andreas in an individual game. (E.G. Los Santos Stories)

walk_man
24-02-07, 17:57
Its quite short, shorter than Vice City. When GTA LBS was ported to PS2 they didn't edit it and so the graphics were terrible. It is a good game tho, you can swim in it, jet ski, more vehicles. It is a good game. Not the best GTA game tho.

Mad Tony
24-02-07, 17:59
It is a good game. Not the best GTA game tho.
I don't think the GTA Story games are meant to be the best games. I reckon they're just to keep people entertained until GTA IV. Bit like Chronicles really.

Agent 47
24-02-07, 18:00
I have it for the PSP and, unfortunately, it's currently my least favourite GTA game out of the GTA games I've played (Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories).
There are quite a lot of bugs in the game, I don't find the levels to be as enjoyable as previous games and there aren't really many characters which I'm over keen on (minus radio hosts, the only characters which I like a lot are Vic and Lance). I've not completed the game yet though, so I'm really hoping that I'll enjoy it more as it goes on.
Don't let this put you off though. There are a lot of people who enjoy it more than I do, and it's certainly not a bad game.

thanks for the honest opinion :D

walk_man
24-02-07, 18:02
I don't think the GTA Story games are meant to be the best games. I reckon they're just to keep people entertained until GTA IV. Bit like Chronicles really.

If thats then reason then VCS is a wiked game.

Alive_and_Funky
24-02-07, 18:05
thanks for the honest opinion :D
You're welcome. I sound like I don't like the game but I do actually like it quite a fair bit, it's just that most of my compliments for it are usually found in the basic GTA formula :p. The Empire Missions are a nice feature and hopefully they'll be improved upon in future GTA games. I also love the soundtrack :D.

Agent 47
24-02-07, 18:11
You're welcome. I sound like I don't like the game but I do actually like it quite a fair bit, it's just that most of my compliments for it are usually found in the basic GTA formula :p. The Empire Missions are a nice feature and hopefully they'll be improved upon in future GTA games. I also love the soundtrack :D.

from what i've heard of the tunes, it is indeed good but not as many tracks...shame but at least it has period music like the original :jmp: