PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia Movie.

Angelus
26-02-07, 13:23
Click HERE (http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=101028).

I'm not too sure about this idea, tbh.

Zelda master
26-02-07, 13:28
The game rocks, but i doubt a movie will be a good idea...

Tomb Raider Master
26-02-07, 13:46
I've heard about this quite a lot of time before. But I can't hide I'm anxious to see it.

BlackGrey
26-02-07, 13:48
Why destroy a good reputation for a game's triology? Why?

Agent 47
26-02-07, 13:52
Why destroy a good reputation for a game's triology? Why?

money....best way to kill a game is make a movie on it :mad: :(

Mona Sax
26-02-07, 13:53
Well... if it's anything like the first Pirates movie, it could be a blast. It will be terribly difficult to find another actor with Johnny Depp's charisma, though.

Angelus
26-02-07, 13:54
Yeah, it could be a blast. I just don't see the need to create a film about the series.

Mona Sax
26-02-07, 13:57
You're right, there's no need. However, I think the POP games are more fun than 95% of Hollywood action movies. They're not the worst inspiration by a long shot. Games based on movies bother me more than movies based on games.

NightWish
26-02-07, 13:58
I think that it would be better if this movie is a computer animation. otherwise I will be veryh worried about the actors. But it is possible. I've just watched an incrdibly stupid movie with Persia in it (thats why I watched it :p) bu the king iin the movie had great similarities with the prince. His face was a bit ugly but his body *melts*

BlackGrey
26-02-07, 14:19
Need I say, Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life?

Janny
26-02-07, 14:27
I really think it's a bad idea. It's either going to end up like some sort of cheap comedy or wannabe action movie. I wish they would abandon the idea...

I think that it would be better if this movie is a computer animation.
I'd love something like CGI :jmp: Just look at the PoP FMVs. Something like that would rock!

Just saw your username and remembered about the Hitman movie...jeez, the actor that does 47's voice looks like the char and the producers don't wanna put him in the movie...

Rivendell
26-02-07, 15:05
Oh dear lord - those of you who love the PoP franchise should count your blessings - Disney have the money to make a good film, just be thankful it's not Uwe Boll!! :yik:

Ward Dragon
26-02-07, 15:13
Oh dear lord - those of you who love the PoP franchise should count your blessings - Disney have the money to make a good film, just be thankful it's not Uwe Boll!! :yik:

I don't know who that is, but I get the feeling I should be very thankful indeed :p I don't know if there are going to be any more PoP games (the third one ended with a rather satisfying closure) so I guess a movie couldn't destroy the series' future...

NightWish
26-02-07, 15:14

YEAH! Disney made pirates of the Caribbean! :D

There lies my hope

Pipolinne
26-02-07, 16:23
I surely would like to see a PoP film,but my fear is that ,normally,the actors who play this kind of roles are not even actors,but models or athletes.

Being PoP renown for its movements,I fear we might get one of those professionals.Which,in a way,makes sense: a normal actor would only be able to make a reduced number of things,letting the stuntmen do the rest and it wouldn't be that fun to watch a film mostly performed by a stunt.

But,if they catch the story right and the certain atmosphere,I'm sure it will quite a pleasure to watch.

Uwe Boll...that man must hate all the games he then turns into films :D.

Legend of Lara
26-02-07, 16:24
If Uwe Boll would direct it then PoP would fall into obscurity along with previous victims House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark and BloodRayne.

NightWish
26-02-07, 16:49
I've just watched an incrdibly stupid movie with Persia in it (thats why I watched it :p) bu the king iin the movie had great similarities with the prince. His face was a bit ugly but his body *melts*

Thats the guy I was talking about. Abs like that will surely save the movie! :D lol (KTEB talk :vlol:)

He kinda reminds me of the sot prince in the 2nd pic
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Crystal2007-02-2619-34-43-25.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Crystal2007-02-2619-35-17-57.jpg

troy tr
26-02-07, 18:42
:eek: Is that the prince of persia?:eek: don't resemble him much:(

NightWish
26-02-07, 18:45
:eek: Is that the prince of persia?:eek: don't resemble him much:(

lol did u even read my post or just look at the pictures :p

Roddy100
26-02-07, 19:01
Oh dear. One of my fave game series gets the movie treatment.

I'm fearful yet hopeful.

marggo
26-02-07, 19:20
Need I say, Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life?

I don't think so neither one of the TR movies was based on an actual game. They just took Lara and made up a story.

The POP movie will be based on SOT so we have the characters and the story. :) Besides Disney is making the movie and Jerry Bruckheimer is the produser Soo.... Don't worry I bet the movie will be great like the games were :D

2kool4u
26-02-07, 23:07

I idnt read the article until i saw your post!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NightWish
27-02-07, 19:18
I idnt read the article until i saw your post!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BUT :D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/disney.jpg

tomblover
27-02-07, 19:38
I'm kind of unsure but I hope for the sake of a flipping awesome franchise that it'll be good.

EDIT: That guy doesn't resemble the prince at all.

I wish I could play the other 2 games too. Only played 1st one.

marcocatena
27-02-07, 21:00

There makin a hitman movie Agent 47

Agent 47
27-02-07, 21:12
There makin a hitman movie Agent 47

i know....depressing aint it? :(

Legends
27-02-07, 22:11
I knew this would happen!

2kool4u
27-02-07, 23:34
but that is the only exception Pirates of The Caribean is the only good disney movie!!! Lmfao!! Aladin!!!!!

troy tr
28-02-07, 08:36
I'm sure it'll be good if the director is from Pirates of caribbean. The movie is funny and not full of lame jokes.;)

Legend of Lara
28-02-07, 14:05
They were going to get VIN DIESEL (!) to be Agent 47 in the Hitman movie but they cancelled and got another guy. Whew...

ILG49ers
28-02-07, 23:11
I think they could make a great movie of this game! I'm looking forward to it.

kryptonite23
02-03-07, 10:18
That game looks like I am playing TR so I liked it.