PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Mag..

Oddchick
26-02-07, 17:24
Hey guys :)

For my media studies coursework i have to create a magazine front cover and its contents page. After ages of thinking of ideas, i thought, "hey, i'll make a PlayStation mag! then i can put lara on the cover;)". We have to write a questionnaire and give it to 25 people [ :o that's a lot ]. the idea is that we can reach our target audience etc etc.. and the questionnaire goes in with the rest of the stuff to be marked. Anyway, i thought it'd be cool to put the questionaire up on here, so maybe you kind people -hint hint hint ;) - can answer it for me.

I'd really appriciate it if you could answer the questionnaire for me :hug:
Please just copy and paste the questionnaire and fill in your answers ;)

Thanks you guys :):):):)

EDIT: i was talking to my media teacher today about the project, and he said that i'd get more marks if it was a console magazine in general, not just a playstation one. sigh:p.. but hey, i'd rather get the marks!
Therefore, if you've ever read one of these magazines, eg play or whatever, can you please please please fill this in for me :) :hug:

Questions

1. What age and gender are you?

2. What freebie would you want from a games magazine every issue?

Chose from:

DVD disk with videos on new games, posters, stickers, other [please state]

3. Please put these in order of preference of what you want from a game magazine: [1 = most important, 5= least important]

Previews, Reviews, Interviews, Cheats/Walkthroughs, News

4. What is the maximum price you would pay for one of these magazines?

5. what would make you want to buy a more expensive magazine? -eg contents, quality, etc

6. Do you prefer the magazine to be impartial, or would you rather it expresses its own opinions?

__________________________________________________ _____

Legend of Lara
26-02-07, 17:28
I buy PS2 magazines monthly! :D

Male, 13

2. What freebie would you want from a PlayStation magazine every issue?

A DVD disc is a must. Playable demos are kinda rare, I guess one with Anniversary couldn't hurt. Maybe some stickers when you get the chance. But mostly, the DVD!

3. Please put these in order of preference of what you want from a PlayStation magazine: [1 = most important, 5= least important]

1. Reviews
2. News
3. Interviews
4. Previews
5. Cheats

1.010... that's about 10.5 pounds. Don't know about dollars.

5. what would make you want to buy a more expensive magazine? -eg contents, quality, etc

Tons of exclusives and a packed DVD.

6. Do you prefer the magazine to be impartial, or would you rather it expresses its own opinions?

The latter. It's more fun. :D

Twiin
26-02-07, 17:32
1. 16, Male

2. Playable Demo Disk w/ videos/trailers

1. Reviews
2. Previews
3. News
4. Interviews
5. Cheats/Walkthroughs

4. £5.99 (if it had a demo disk)

5. Greater number of pages, Demo Disk, Exclusives

6. I would want a magazine to present its own views, but to make sure that the views are just that, and aren't fact. Also, I prefer to have variety of views on one subject/game. The reviewer should consider others as well as his own perception.

Trigger_happy
26-02-07, 17:37
Good idea- i did a PS2 magazine for an Art thing i had to do!

Hey guys :)

Questions

16 and A Male

Chose from:

Playable Demos, DVD disk with videos on new games, posters, stickers, other [please state]
Demos=1, posters, dvd, stickers, other=5
3. Please put these in order of preference of what you want from a PlayStation magazine: [1 = most important, 5= least important]

Previews=1, Revews, News, Interviews, Cheats=5
Ģ5.00
I would rather pay more for more content.
I would prefer the magazine to express its own opinions, as then we can use them to decide how we feel.

Hope thats okay.

Also, if it all gets a big drag, making up the restuls to your questionaire is acceptable: its the fact that you used a questionaire thats importnat, not your results.

Agent 47
26-02-07, 17:50
Questions

1. What age and gender are you? male

Chose from:

Playable Demos, DVD disk with videos on new games, posters, stickers, other [please state] Playable Demos (exclusive content)

News, Previews, Reviews, Interviews, Cheats/Walkthroughs

4. What is the maximum price you would pay for one of these magazines? Ģ5.00

better freebies such as exclusive dvd contents and free gaming poster

if the mag is dedicated to a particular machine it should be honest (express own opinion)

Fraaadrik
26-02-07, 17:55
Questions

Chose from:

Playable Demos, DVD disk with videos on new games, posters, stickers, other [please state]

1.18, male

2.I dont care about the "freebies", If I buy a mag I buy it because I want to read it.

Reviews = 1
Previews = 2
News = 3
Interviews =4
Cheats = 5

4.$12

5.Quality and content such as more reviews, previews. I wouldn't pay more to get a "free" demo disc though.

6.Everything should be impartial except reviews. It's annoying when they overhype games.

Good luck :wve:

Roddy100
26-02-07, 20:19
1. What age and gender are you? Male, 27

2. What freebie would you want from a PlayStation magazine every issue? Definitely playable demos

3. Order of preference: Previews 2, Reviews 1, Interviews 4, Cheats/Walkthroughs 5, News 3

4. What is the maximum price you would pay for one of these magazines? $16NZ (which I guess would be around Ģ5.99UK)

5. what would make you want to buy a more expensive magazine? Quality - lots of screenshots, lots of pages, lots of coverage.

6. Do you prefer the magazine to be impartial, or would you rather it expresses its own opinions? I'd prefer it have it's own opinions, otherwise it would make for a very deceptive buyers guide.

Oddchick
26-02-07, 20:56
hey, thanks Legend of Lara, Twiin, Trigger_happy, Agent 47, Fraaadrik, Roddy100!! :)

please keep em comin guys ;) :):)

CardinalXimenez
26-02-07, 21:31
I donīt currently buy or read any magazines, but until a couple of months ago I had been getting PSM Magazine each month and had done so since `98, so I think Iīm qualified to answer this.

Questions

29, male.

Chose from:

DVD disc with playable demos and videos, and posters (stickers could be fun too)

2. Previews, 1. Reviews, 5.Interviews, 4.Cheats/Walkthroughs, 3. News

Up to Ģ5, sadly foreign magazines cost twice that much once they arrive in Danish newsagents, and Danish magazines costs more than Ģ5. PSM only costed me Ģ3, which was a major reason for my buying it.

One of the main reasons I bought PSM was the covers drawn by comicbook artists (it was the Lara covers that caught my attention to begin with), and later the annual swimsuit issue which also was drawn by comicbook artists, when PSM stopped doing both of those, and the magazine didnīt come with a DVD disc in the subscription version (or in the copies shipped to European newsagents) I just had little reason left to buy the magazine rather than get my news and reviews from the web. If a magazine came out with exclusive comicart and didnīt cost upwards of Ģ10 Iīd buy it, other than that I canīt really think of anything (save for posters) that a magazine could offer me which I canīt get for free online.

Impartial in its news coverage, but with opinions in its reviews and previews.

disneyprincess20
27-02-07, 13:32
Questions:

1. What age and gender are you? Female, 22

Playable Demos, DVD disk with videos on new games

1 = Reviews
2 = News
3 = Interviews
4 = Previews
5 = Cheats/Walkthroughs

4. What is the maximum price you would pay for one of these magazines? Ģ5

5. what would make you want to buy a more expensive magazine?
Good, changing demos, game saves, Decent writing.

Opinions, but not forced. I like it when they state that it's just their opinion.

Cubist
28-02-07, 15:48

Chose from:

1. 16, male.

2. Playable demos.

3. 1 = Reviews, 2 = Previews, 3 = News, 4 = Interviews, 5 = Cheats/Walkthroughs

4. About 5-6 pounds.

5. Lots of everything, really, as well as playable demos.

6. Express its opinions, as long as it's fun about it and doesn't spend its whole time ****ging off everything else out there.

Oddchick
01-03-07, 19:54
thanks guys :hug:

i was talking to my media teacher today about the project, and he said that i'd get more marks if the it was a console magazine in general, not just a playstation one. sigh:p.. but hey, i'd rather get the marks!

Anyway, so i'm gunna edit my first post and change some of the questions to fit it. i'm also gunna say that you don't have to be a regular reader to do the questionaire, anyone who has ever read a console related magazine can fill it in [and please do!:)]

thanks for your help guys!

nightwishgirl84
01-03-07, 20:08
22 ,female

dvd,demos,all the things mentioned below

DVD disk with videos on new games, posters, stickers, other [please state]

3. Please put these in order of preference of what you want from a game magazine: [1 = most important, 5= least important]

15 euro's

contents,quality,exclusive features,demos,freebies.

it's own opinions aswell as other peoples opinions (i.e online polls,etc)

Rivendell
04-03-07, 09:17
Questions

1. What age and gender are you? 19, Male

Posters, you can never have enough posters!

Previews, 1
Interviews, 2
News 3
Reviews, 4
Cheats/Walkthroughs, 5

Ģ4.99

A DvD with lots of playable demos and other media!

Expressed it's own opinions, but in moderation.
__________________________________________________ ___[/QUOTE]

:wve: Just helping out!

Oddchick
04-03-07, 09:45
Ooo thank you, Rivvie and Nightwishgirl!! :hug::hug::hug:

Chug a Bug
04-03-07, 11:58
1. Male, 42

2. TR Anniversary :p or at least a classic TR game. ;)

3. Previews, Cheats/Walkthroughs, News, Reviews. (Reviews are often little more than free PR for the games company i.e. they're often disingenuous.)

4. Ģ2.50. Mags like these are usually overpriced hence I don't buy 'em! There are plenty of free reviews/previews on the 'net.

5. Nothing!

6. Impartial, although when they claim to be they rarely are.

anniversarytr11
04-03-07, 14:30
1. What age and gender are you? 14 years old, male

i would like demos of good games and game footage maybe some posters

1Previews, 3Reviews, 4Interviews, 5Cheats/Walkthroughs, 2News

4. What is the maximum price you would pay for one of these magazines?£5.99

5. what would make you want to buy a more expensive magazine? -eg contents, quality, etci would by a more expensive magazine if it had top secret previews that no other magazine would have and really good extras and lots to read

i would prefer a bit of all these in one a proffessional opinion, group opinion and personal opinion

Cubist
08-03-07, 09:14
Oh, this has been changed since I did the questionnaire? In that case, can you change my second answer to DVD disc? Thanks

Oddchick
08-03-07, 18:35
^ lol thanks cubist, and anniversarytr11 and chug a bug :)

jarhead
12-03-07, 21:39
Questions

1. What age and gender are you? Male, 15

Chose from:

DVD disk with videos on new games, especially demos

Previews......................1
Reviews.......................2
Cheats/Walkthroughs...3
News...........................4
Interviews...................5

4. What is the maximum price you would pay for one of these magazines? Ģ3.00 weekly

5. what would make you want to buy a more expensive magazine? -eg contents, quality, etc? Definately indepth reviews and longer demos for games. Vouchers etc wouldn't go amiss either

6. Do you prefer the magazine to be impartial, or would you rather it expresses its own opinions? I think balanced opinions on most things would be good, like several opinions from different people to get an overal idea.

Oddchick
12-03-07, 21:51
^ thanks man :hug:

Oddchick
18-03-07, 11:46
Update

first of all, i'd like to thank everyone who filled in my questionnaire :hug: i'm really greatful, you guys rock :)

anyways, i have to show my magazine to my target audience and get their opinions on it, so i have another questionnaire but i only need about 5 people so please, please could a couple of you fill it in for me :)?

front cover (http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/oddchick199/FrontCover.jpg)

my contents page is a double page spread. please ignore the really ugly pic of me in the corner, i had to have one original picture:p

contents page 1 (http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/oddchick199/Contents1.jpg)

contents 2 (http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/oddchick199/Contents2.jpg)

questions :

1. Do you think that the language used is appropriate for this type of magazine? If not, please state why

2. Are there any elements on the front cover which you dislike? Please state which and what could be changed to make it better

3. Are there any elements on the contents page which you dislike? Please state which and what could be changed to make it better

4. On both the cover and contents page, do you feel that there is anything that needs to be moved? Please state what

thanks again guys :hug:

p.s. if anyone else fills in my original questionaire i'll love them forever :hug: :p

Phlip
18-03-07, 12:01
1. Do you think that the language used is appropriate for this type of magazine? If not, please state why - if there's bad language then no bacause you shouldn't, if noth then it's good ;)

2. Are there any elements on the front cover which you dislike? Please state which and what could be changed to make it better - nothing apart from the text is a bit hard to read.

3. Are there any elements on the contents page which you dislike? Please state which and what could be changed to make it better still just the text

4. On both the cover and contents page, do you feel that there is anything that needs to be moved? Please state whattext!!!

once this mag is done, I may give it my personal stamp to make it official.

Cubist
18-03-07, 12:44
- if there's bad language then no bacause you shouldn't, if noth then it's good ;)

Did you even look at the cover?

Anyway, looks to me like everything's perfect, very good job.

Oddchick
18-03-07, 15:14
thanks you two :)