PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives

rewak
27-02-07, 02:51
Ok yeah, TV tie in games are usually crap, so i did hesitate to pick this one up, but i though what the heck, worth a try even if to satisfy my curiosity. And i was very surprised! The game is actually really good! And it has a good story to it as well! Its kinda like the Sims, only you dont have to mess around all day cleaning/cooking/washing etc. You can do that if you want, but seriously, i have better things to do with my time. And really, there are much better ways to spend your time in this game. So hire a maid, gardener and caterer and do your own thing.

The story is you, your husband and your son are the newest resident on Wisteria Lane. You seem like the perfect family, but those of you who watch Desperate Housewives should know the word perfect = total mess! The gameplay is your basic point and click deal, and you can engage in conversation with anyone you meet, or hug them, kiss them, seduce them ;) or if your feeling *****y you can just go up and slap them for no reason (you cant do this to the housewives though) The game has 12 episodes, which each have there own story, and each reveal more about the games complete story, like the TV series does. To complete these episodes and advance through the game you'll need to complete certain tasks. These could be as simple as "Talk to whoever", but can also be something like "Blackmail whoever", which is always fun! :p

If you like the TV show, id say go for this game, you'll love it! If your not sure, id still say give it a go. Its a good game, and the storyline should keep you interested.

Fraaadrik
27-02-07, 02:58
I've tried it, i'm not a big fan of the TV-show though. It's a decent game but I like The Sims: Life Stories more.

PirateRose
27-02-07, 04:27
this thread appears new every other week...why is that? rofl

troy tr
27-02-07, 09:34
I;m a fan of the series and I also love the game very much. I just love being nasty to edie, because she was nasty as well. Has anyone slap Gabriel yet? :vlol: about time mrs. queen of the universe get what's coming for being a drama queen lol :vlol: I love all the cast , and you can also make-out too:eek:

Legend 4ever
27-02-07, 15:50
I love the series and the game is FABULOUS!

dream raider
27-02-07, 15:59
Can you post pictures from your game? I would really love to look at how it is, don't post me a link. If you have time only post some for me please.:o

Edit. A demo anywhere?:)

rewak
27-02-07, 20:45
Here a screenshot :) Sorry i dont think there is a demo

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3153/dhqr1.jpg

nightwishgirl84
27-02-07, 20:52
wow it looks like the sims.
is it very sims like or not ??
looks kinda fun.
i love the show,it's great !!

rewak
27-02-07, 20:54
It is kinda yeah, except you dont have to do all the stuff like cook, clean, eat, shower, etc etc etc Basically all the stuff thats pretty dull, you dont have to do it ;)

marcocatena
27-02-07, 22:05
I love the Show, but when i saw the game it just didnt look reali good (graphics etc) and the gamplay looks like the sims? How good of a game is it?

rewak
27-02-07, 22:08
It is a good game, the story is good and it keeps you involved, and you can choose how you want to act and what actions to take etc

dream raider
28-02-07, 15:21
Wow! Looks great! Marcocatena I heard it has very good graphics, maybe rewak doesn't have the best graphic card. It still looks good in my eyes and you don't stay in one lot like the sims, you can go to other people's house by walking! Right? It looks like that. Anyway, what can you do to the people? Lock them in a room and they start screaming? Throw a knife at them?;)

rewak
28-02-07, 19:22
Ha! Nah nothing like that, just slap em :mis:

And yeah, i should have mentioned, i had to tone the graphics down a bit so it would run smoothly on my pc

dream raider
01-03-07, 13:50
Can you get a close-up of your housewives' face? I would really love to see.:)

rewak
01-03-07, 15:43
You cant really zoom in on faces, but heres a pic from the salon :)

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1612/dh2xy7.jpg

troy tr
01-03-07, 16:10
I think the game is actually worth it;):tmb:

dream raider
02-03-07, 12:58
Looks great! I just wish there was a demo somewhere before I order it...

petujaymz
02-03-07, 17:11
Who's the boss on the final level?

:wve:

dream raider
02-03-07, 17:16
Who's the boss on the final level?

This is sort of like Sims... Did sims have a final boss? No they didn't, ot have I misunderstood your question.

The_Terminator
02-03-07, 17:26
This is sort of like Sims... Did sims have a final boss? No they didn't, ot have I misunderstood your question.I think you need to get your funny bone checked!:D

It's called sarcasm.;)

dream raider
02-03-07, 17:27
I think you need to get your funny bone checked!:D

It's called sarcasm.;)

I don't have a funny bone.:)

petujaymz
02-03-07, 17:28
This is sort of like Sims... Did sims have a final boss? No they didn't, ot have I misunderstood your question.

I understand the genre of Desperate Housewives, just trying to be funny... so take it there's no final confrontation on the roof of Bowser's Castle.

rewak
02-03-07, 17:29
I could tell you but that would spoil the whole story ;) Suffice to say you dont get into an all out battle with a boss lol

The_Terminator
02-03-07, 17:36
I don't have a funny bone.:)Ahhhhhh... but that comment was funny! I think there is something there, luirking, and just waiting to burst forth in the ultimate expression of self humor and comedy! :D ;)

dream raider
02-03-07, 18:00
I could tell you but that would spoil the whole story ;) Suffice to say you dont get into an all out battle with a boss lol

Does it end with a fight? I don't want you to spoil it for me or anything but how does it end, Cliffhanger, do you win or lose? When you are done, if I'm correct you can play the last level but not finish it so you get to play like sims, am I correct? And it will be like living the life of your housewife, are there many fun activities?

rewak
02-03-07, 18:10
When your done your done, end of the game. It ends with an "encounter", not really a fight. It isnt a cliffhanger really. And there are 4 different endings.

dream raider
02-03-07, 18:11
When your done your done, end of the game. It ends with an "encounter", not really a fight. It isnt a cliffhanger really. And there are 4 different endings.

Very nice! Four different endings? That's cool! Are you replaying or are you done with all four endings?

rewak
02-03-07, 18:17
Got one ending, replaying now :)

dream raider
02-03-07, 19:29
Got one ending, replaying now :)

I would really like to see how it's played. I've checked in youtube for Desperate Housewives but none of the players made a movie. Will it be hard if I asked you to make one? Based on your housewife's everyday life, if you have fraps? I would really like to see it but if it's a fuss then don't bother.:)

rewak
02-03-07, 19:54
I dont have Fraps sorry. The everyday life thing doesnt really feature heavily in the game at all, you wake at 7am, get on with whatever objectives you have and go to bed at 10pm (unless you want to stay awake and break into a few houses). For the stuff like cooking, cleaning you can hire a maid, delivery service and a gardner so you dont have to do any of that stuff. You dont even need to do stuff like shower every morning etc, you can just get on with the game.

dream raider
02-03-07, 19:57
I dont have Fraps sorry. The everyday life thing doesnt really feature heavily in the game at all, you wake at 7am, get on with whatever objectives you have and go to bed at 10pm (unless you want to stay awake and break into a few houses). For the stuff like cooking, cleaning you can hire a maid, delivery service and a gardner so you dont have to do any of that stuff. You dont even need to do stuff like shower every morning etc, you can just get on with the game.

Interesting, thank you for the information.:)

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 02:17
I have the game, but my computer won't run it. :( I'm jealous!

Mr.LadyCroft
03-03-07, 04:52
i might get this game later. sounds good. and i like the show. :D