PDA

View Full Version : Female Games

dream raider
28-02-07, 15:43
They aren't very popular and hardly any are successful besides Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider My best games.

Dreamfall Haven't tried it out yet, seems to be an excellent game.

Drakan Never tried and never will, it looks terrible. I saw a few screens when I was surfing a site.

BloodRayne Successful in my eyes, some may say it's a copy of Tomb Raider and if it is I would say a successful copy.

Still Life Stupid lame game. I tried the demo and the duration of playing it didn't even reach one minute.

Syberia Looks impressive but the graphics are dull which sets my mood to sad.

Mystery Island Terrible, the start menu was the only thing that looked good.

That's all I know of, maybe you know more? Something that you find impressive?

PirateRose
28-02-07, 16:00
Oni! -Difficult, fun, lame graphics and plot- I just love all the moves Konoko can do. My favorite is jumping on the guys head, wrapping the legs around him and doing a flip, flinging the guy across the room.

petujaymz
28-02-07, 16:02
They aren't very popular and hardly any are successful besides Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider My best games.

Dreamfall Haven't tried it out yet, seems to be an excellent game.

Drakan Never tried and never will, it looks terrible. I saw a few screens when I was surfing a site.

BloodRayne Successful in my eyes, some may say it's a copy of Tomb Raider and if it is I would say a successful copy.

Still Life Stupid lame game. I tried the demo and the duration of playing it didn't even reach one minute.

Syberia Looks impressive but the graphics are dull which sets my mood to sad.

Mystery Island Terrible, the start menu was the only thing that looked good.

That's all I know of, maybe you know more? Something that you find impressive?

What about the Metroid series?

:wve:

Twiin
28-02-07, 16:02
Primal was a good game with a rich storyline and interesting characters, which involved a female protagonist, Jen.

Fraaadrik
28-02-07, 16:03
Red Ninja - End of Honour. Hot ninja girl in red kimono seducing guards to thier doom :D Too bad the game is just eyecandy.

Edit: http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/086/reviews/919010_20050328_screen003.jpg That's the best thing about that game!

Legend of Lara
28-02-07, 16:06
Final Fantasy X-2! :D Three girls kicking ass all over the world. :jmp:

Tyrannosaurus
28-02-07, 16:08
What about The Longest Journey? No One Lives Forever?

White Rabbit
28-02-07, 16:13
There's also Urban Chaos, which got good reviews, though it wasn't a commerical success at all.

Janny
28-02-07, 16:15
Beyond Good and Evil. Graphics are nice, but I read it's not too popular among gamers..

Forwen
28-02-07, 16:17
Okami!

Hyper_Crazy
28-02-07, 16:17
Final Fantasy X-2 - Good graphics, worst gameplay ever!

Ward Dragon
28-02-07, 16:18

:eek: I do like BloodRayne1-2, but they had nothing to do with TR1-6, and they came out before TR7, so I wouldn't say BR was a copy of TR.

As for games I've played involving a female character...most of them have already been mentioned. Oh, Silent Hill 3 has Heather as the main character. Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare lets you play as both Carnby and Aileen. Um, I can't remember many more games offhand (RTS's don't have a main character, and most RPG's let you choose what to be)

dream raider
28-02-07, 16:19
Some of the ones you posted are good games. Final Fantasy seems to be good but it isn't for Pc, and I'm a Pc player.

Ward Dragon
28-02-07, 16:21
Beyond Good and Evil. Graphics are nice, but I read it's not too popular among gamers..

Beyond Good and Evil is a great game. It's my impression that not a lot of people have played it, but almost everyone who has played it liked it :)

Some of the ones you posted are good games. Final Fantasy seems to be good but it isn't for Pc, and I'm a Pc player.

I'm pretty sure that Final Fantasy games from 7 onwards are on PC (I have the PC version of FFVII somewhere, if only I could find it...) However it's really hard to find the PC versions anywhere except for the online one :(

petujaymz
28-02-07, 16:23
Did Super Princess Peach on the DS do well?

Look up the ads on youtube. :vlol:

BlackGrey
28-02-07, 16:28
Oni! -Difficult, fun, lame graphics and plot- I just love all the moves Konoko can do. My favorite is jumping on the guys head, wrapping the legs around him and doing a flip, flinging the guy across the room.

I agree, really strongly except for the lame graphics :tmb:

Fraaadrik
28-02-07, 16:30
I agree, really strongly except for the lame graphics :tmb:

The graphics were great :eek: I really love Oni, I replayed the whole game yesterday :)

Ward Dragon
28-02-07, 16:32
The graphics were great :eek: I really love Oni, I replayed the whole game yesterday :)

I love Oni as well (I thought the graphics were alright, and I liked the story). I have a lot of trouble replaying it, though, because of the save system. Some of the checkpoints are too far apart and I just give up halfway through a level because I already know what's next so I don't have that drive to complete it.

Fraaadrik
28-02-07, 16:48
Yea, the checkpoint system can be frustrating. Sometimes it's like 20-25min playtime between the checkpoints. That's the only bad thing about the game.

Lara's Boy
28-02-07, 17:22
Two amendments I'd make in addition to the others already mentioned:

Perfect Dark/Perfect Dark Zero: As far as I know those are successful games, and Joanna's a pretty good female lead

All of the main RE games (except RE4) have strong female co-leads, and they are very successful titles.

Legend of Lara
28-02-07, 17:23
All of the main RE games (except RE4) have strong female co-leads, and they are very successful titles.

Erm... Ada? :D

Lara's Boy
28-02-07, 17:27
Erm... Ada? :D

I don't count her as she's not playable in the main game :)

walk_man
28-02-07, 17:42
Death By Degrees? Not a very famous game in England but I thought it was fantastic.

K.J
28-02-07, 17:44
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Fahrenheit/Indigo Prohpecy. Great story, and the characters are some of the most realistic (when it comes to personality) ever in a video game.

irjudd
28-02-07, 18:20
Kya Dark Lineage was a very fun game!

troy tr
28-02-07, 18:23
Okami!
Okami is a male wolf ;)

Legend of Lara
28-02-07, 18:25
Okami is a male wolf ;)

Ametsaru (the star) is female. ;)

AOD4eva
28-02-07, 19:10
Oni! -Difficult, fun, lame graphics and plot- I just love all the moves Konoko can do. My favorite is jumping on the guys head, wrapping the legs around him and doing a flip, flinging the guy across the room.I love Oni,im glad to see there are alot of people who liked it.:)

Captain Mazda
28-02-07, 20:01
What about The Longest Journey?

That's Dreamfall.

K.J
28-02-07, 20:09
That's Dreamfall.

No, it's not. Dreamfall is the sequel to the adventure game from 1999 "The Longest Journey". Dreamfall came out in 2006, and the full name is "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey".

Rivendell
28-02-07, 20:15

Looks terrible? Weird, it's one of the most beautiful games on PS2 to explore.
It's fun, fantastic, chilled out, tricky in parts, cool plot, good characters, ace dragonflight, great locations... A good example of prejudice you display ;)

irjudd
28-02-07, 20:22
No, it's not. Dreamfall is the sequel to the adventure game from 1999 "The Longest Journey". Dreamfall came out in 2006, and the full name is "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey".

Recently purchased TLJ again, so I'd vote April Ryan as a pretty cool game chick :D

Apofiss
28-02-07, 21:01
Okami!

Oh! she-wolf XD (looking forward playing it tho)

Okami is a male wolf ;)

Indeed, I think in jap mythology a wolf was mentioned not she-wolf, not sure hmm.

Forwen
28-02-07, 21:47
Indeed, I think in jap mythology a wolf was mentioned not she-wolf, not sure hmm.
I think "jap" is a very pejorative expression in the eyes of Japanese, but I can't be sure about that.

And Amaterasu is a goddess.

Legends
28-02-07, 22:04
ONI! :D

erosan
01-03-07, 02:32
Oni rocks your socks off, i love love that game.

domina
01-03-07, 03:11
Two amendments I'd make in addition to the others already mentioned:

Perfect Dark/Perfect Dark Zero: As far as I know those are successful games, and Joanna's a pretty good female lead

I was definitely going to add Perfect Dark to the list. :tmb: I've heard Zero wasn't as good as the first (haven't played it though, so I'm not claiming anything), but Perfect Dark on the N64 was an excellent game. It might not seem like it now, but it really pushed the console graphics of the time, had a good story and gameplay, and Joanna was a great female protagonist. Maybe not as overtly attractive as Lara or Rayne, but she still had that awesome combination of smart, strong, and sexy.

K.J
01-03-07, 06:53
Source (http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/amaterasu.html)

The Japanese Shinto sun goddess, ruler of the Plain of Heaven, whose name means 'shining heaven' or 'she who shines in the heavens'. She is the central figure in the Shinto pantheon and the Japanese Imperial family claims descent from her 1. She is the eldest daughter of Izanagi. She was so bright and radiant that her parents sent her up the Celestial Ladder to heaven, where she has ruled ever since.

When her brother, the storm-god Susanowa, ravaged the earth she retreated to a cave because he was so noisy. She closed the cave with a large boulder. Her disappearance deprived the world of light and life. Demons ruled the earth. The other gods used everything in their power to lure her out, but to no avail. Finally it was Uzume who succeeded. The laughter of the gods when they watched her comical and obscene dances aroused Amaterasu's curiosity. When she emerged from her cave a streak of light escaped (a streak nowadays people call dawn). The goddess then saw her own brilliant reflection in a mirror which Uzume had hung in a nearby tree. When she drew closer for a better look, the gods grabbed her and pulled her out of the cave. She returned to the sky, and brought light back into the world.

Later, she created rice fields, called inada, where she cultivated rice. She also invented the art of weaving with the loom and taught the people how to cultivate wheat and silkworms.

Amaterasu's main sanctuary is Ise-Jingue situated on Ise, on the island of Honshu. This temple is pulled down every twenty years and then rebuild in its original form. In the inner sanctum she is represented by a mirror (her body). She is also called Omikami ("illustrious goddess") and Tensho Daijan (in Sino-Japanese pronunciation).

Apofiss
01-03-07, 07:08
I think "jap" is a very pejorative expression in the eyes of Japanese, but I can't be sure about that.

And Amaterasu is a goddess.

Ōhiru-menomuchi-no-kam (Amaterasu) is indeed she; while reading more about origins you can see how greatly all details are placed into the gameplay, beautiful.

Myreth
01-03-07, 08:07
What about Silent Hill 3? :whi:
As far as I know it's the most loved of the series, and Heather is the only female character to be the star of the series.

kryptonite23
01-03-07, 11:17
Tomb Raider is all I know.

dream raider
01-03-07, 12:11
Looks terrible? Weird, it's one of the most beautiful games on PS2 to explore.
It's fun, fantastic, chilled out, tricky in parts, cool plot, good characters, ace dragonflight, great locations... A good example of prejudice you display ;)

Terrible was my first impression. I never had the opportunity to play the game. Since you say out it that way I might search for a demo.:)

kryptonite23, we know that everyone here knows Lara, what you just did I think is considered spam.

EscondeR
01-03-07, 12:30
Tresspasser - have anyone played it (I know it can be considered too old now, but it was published after TR1 XD )

petujaymz
01-03-07, 15:57
Did Super Princess Peach on the DS do well?

Look up the ads on youtube. :vlol:

Here's that ad I was talking about...

0Bhb6wXYSOY

I think Peach should stick to being kidnapped and playing a few rounds of golf.

So... did SPP do well?

***Lara_Lover***
02-03-07, 08:43
did anyone say dead or alive umm..

that game changed gaming...

BOUNCING BOOBS!!!!!!

sexy bodys..

breaking walls

DOA is the best.. i love it

*Rayne_Sixx*
02-03-07, 17:41
:eek: I do like BloodRayne1-2, but they had nothing to do with TR1-6, and they came out before TR7, so I wouldn't say BR was a copy of TR.

I agree, and now Lara can swing on poles... like Rayne.

Hybrid Soldier
02-03-07, 17:44
did anyone say dead or alive umm..

that game changed gaming...

BOUNCING BOOBS!!!!!!

sexy bodys..

breaking walls

DOA is the best.. i love it

Completely different. You're referring to the Dead or Alive Xtreme series. Not Dead or Alive. Dead or Alive has men and women.

Raziel66
02-03-07, 17:58

That's an excellent game:D

Oni and Drakan are super too

dream raider
02-03-07, 18:34
I agree, and now Lara can swing on poles... like Rayne.

It's different style. They are both my favourite!:)