PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

UNDERTAKER
02-03-07, 12:07
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/)

Less than 4 weeks until we see GTAIV for the very first time.

Game of the year?

:jmp:

Agent 47
02-03-07, 12:20
i just got this e-mail :jmp:

this game is gonna be awesome regardless of format :D

petujaymz
02-03-07, 15:11
I know nothing about this latest installment other than the name. Is it set in Liberty City?

:wve:

Alex Fly
02-03-07, 15:19
I saw that this morning. Can't wait to see that ! :jmp:

Rivendell
02-03-07, 15:34
Cool! Do we know where it's set yet?

I've not been following GTa4 news, the last I heard was speculation about London.

Agent 47
02-03-07, 16:13

I've not been following GTa4 news, the last I heard was speculation about London.

where GTA IV is concerned the majority of rumours are indeed fan based BS...i wouldn't put much faith in a London setting

i do look forwards to seeing the trailer though :jmp:

Captain Mazda
02-03-07, 16:26

Ever since Vice City and San Andreas, I was thinking the only way Grand Theft Auto could become bigger and better is by creating a whole new world. Just imagine connecting an expanded Liberty City and Vice City via rail, plane, or even car, to the entire region of San Andreas.

Agent 47
02-03-07, 16:30
Ever since Vice City and San Andreas, I was thinking the only way Grand Theft Auto could become bigger and better is by creating a whole new world. Just imagine connecting an expanded Liberty City and Vice City via rail, plane, or even car, to the entire region of San Andreas.

i like this idea,that would be cool,linking ALL cities :jmp:

Captain Mazda
02-03-07, 16:37
That's exactly why I'm interested to see what they have to offer in the trailer, especially the new game engine.

petujaymz
02-03-07, 16:40

Gimme Ł2.44 for 10 Sovereign 'n' I'll tell you.

Agent 47
02-03-07, 16:43
That's exactly why I'm interested to see what they have to offer in the trailer, especially the new game engine.

i think the entire game will be spectacular

cars with reflective surfaces, highly detailed streets and buildings

good quality arsenal of weapons,

good selection of vehicles

this game is going to be massive....both 360 AND PS3 will have exclusive content relevant to the machines :D

Jacob x5
02-03-07, 17:59
I wonder what it'll be like. :confused:

Do we have pretty much no information on it other than the name, then?

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 18:06
I heard that it will be smaller than San Andreas, but with much more detail.

da tomb raider!
02-03-07, 18:08
Awesome! I can't wait! :jmp:

Agent 47
02-03-07, 18:22
I wonder what it'll be like. :confused:

Do we have pretty much no information on it other than the name, then?

zero info at this time....hopefully the trailer will reveal a hint of a location and possibly the lead character :jmp:

TR freak
02-03-07, 18:37
I heard that it will be smaller than San Andreas, but with much more detail.

You heard BS. Absolutely nothing is known at the moment. Everything people say is just rumor. At least until the trailer is released at the end of the month. Cant wait for it. If GTA4 is any better than GTA SA then it will be the best game made to date imo. SA is my favourite game of all time. I think GTA4 will be a much larger scale than San Andreas. I hope blu ray is utilised very well. I dont think it really can be though, since its coming for the 360 as well.

Apofiss
02-03-07, 19:00
Yeay! 27 - 03:00:... :tmb: uhmm... wasn't gta4 located in ny?

Fish.
02-03-07, 20:12
:jmp: Woot!!

According to Rockstargames.com, it's 27 days, 1 hour, 47 minutes, 25 seconds to GTAIV!!!

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 21:14
You heard BS. Absolutely nothing is known at the moment. Everything people say is just rumor. At least until the trailer is released at the end of the month. Cant wait for it. If GTA4 is any better than GTA SA then it will be the best game made to date imo. SA is my favourite game of all time. I think GTA4 will be a much larger scale than San Andreas. I hope blu ray is utilised very well. I dont think it really can be though, since its coming for the 360 as well.It's a rumor. ;) So it could be happen for all you know. There were some complaints of San Andreas being too large.

b0bb13
02-03-07, 21:17
Oh I can't wait for it!!!:jmp:
I hope that this time it will have decent graphics.

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 21:17
It will surely get Game of the Year (although Anniversary deserves it). I can't wait! When is the exact date we get to see it?! I must mark it down on my calendar!

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 21:21
It will surely get Game of the Year (although Anniversary deserves it). I can't wait! When is the exact date we get to see it?! I must mark it down on my calendar!I don't know how the heck you can say Anniversary deserves game of the year when it isn't even released!!!

b0bb13
02-03-07, 21:23
I don't know how the heck you can say Anniversary deserves game of the year when it isn't even released!!!

Well neither is GTAIV:p

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 21:23
I don't know how the heck you can say Anniversary deserves game of the year when it isn't even released!!!

It's what I hope for. I just said that because others aid GTAIV will be. I believe that's the case, but I can hope.

I'm sure to love Anniversary. I love the original. I love Legend. Mix them and I'm in love! :D

TR freak
02-03-07, 21:26
It's a rumor. ;) So it could be happen for all you know. There were some complaints of San Andreas being too large.

I know, I was sometimes one of them. Only when I needed to get from one side of the map to the other. It just takes ages. The actual size of the map I love for all the different locations you go to but it was just annoying getting from one side of the map to the other. I want GTA4 to have a much bigger map than SA, but I'd also like a quicker way to get around. I dont care how unrealistic it has to be. I dont care if they use teleporters or something stupid like that, I just want to have the luxury of being able to get from one side of the map to the other with ease. I wouldn't mind a feature that when you go to a safehouse you have the option to automatically transport yourself to any other safehouse you have on the map. To make it sort of realistic with this I think it would be good if you used the phone in your safehouse to call a taxi. When you get in the taxi time would go forward a certain amount, depending on how far the safehouse you selected is away from your current location. This could also be used when not near a safehouse. You would have to shout "Taxi" and then get in the one that comes to you. I only have one problem with this. If you could do this it would be too easy to escape from cops. To get around this I would say if you have any sort of wanted level you are not allowed to use a taxi. What do you think?

tampi
02-03-07, 21:55
The new video GT4 you can see it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3891165729134783717 :whi: :p

UNDERTAKER
02-03-07, 22:14
OK, lets take bets on which city it will be based on.

I predict a Tokyo/Japanese theme...

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 22:18

I predict a Tokyo/Japanese theme...London I think. Although I hope they don't over-do the English stereotype.

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 22:19
I think GTAIV will, once again, take place in America. Hopefully, somewhere on the West coast. I want the game to be based in the early 2000s; a few years ago. In Electronic Gaming, they said there may be a connection to both GTA III and GTA:SA.

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 22:20
I think GTAIV will, once again, take place in America. Hopefully, somewhere on the West coast. I want the game to be based in the early 2000s; a few years ago.That was when GTA III was set. :wve:

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 22:22
That was when GTA III was set. :wve:

Wasn't GTA III based in the '90s? Yeah actually, because the lead character from GTAIII was in San Andreas. Claude Speed.

tampi
02-03-07, 22:23

I predict a Tokyo/Japanese theme...

It can be very interesting, but the game is very American, perhaps Chicago? and the Lakes ?

Mad Tony
02-03-07, 22:23
Wasn't GTA III based in the '90s? Yeah actually, because the lead character from GTAIII was in San Andreas. Claude Speed.Nope, 2001 to be exact. Just because Claude featured in GTA San Andreas, doesn't mean GTA III is also set in the early 90s. Remember GTA isn't in chronological order.

AmericanAssassin
02-03-07, 22:25
Nope, 2001 to be exact. Just because Claude featured in GTA San Andreas, doesn't mean GTA III is also set in the early 90s. Remember GTA isn't in chronological order.

Hmmm...I never knew that. I just always figured it was around the same time...

TR freak
02-03-07, 22:25
I think it will be no real city. It will be a made up state in America. It will have many different made up cities in it and each one will be very different from the other. Each will have different cultures and stuff. Sort of like SA I guess but on a much larger scale with bigger and more cities that are more different in cultures.

Agent 47
02-03-07, 23:18
for those in any doubt here's the true chronology (working from in game dialogue)

# 1984 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
# 1986 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
# 1992 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
# 1998 - Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
# 2001 - Grand Theft Auto: III

the above are "canon" with regard to PS2 games :D

Legends
03-03-07, 11:48
I can't wait! :D

Titanium
03-03-07, 11:52
I cant wait for it either, until then I have LCS and VCS to keep me occupied. :)

kryptonite23
03-03-07, 12:22
I want the setting of it to be in the other countries if possible.:)

tr_mitch
03-03-07, 13:50
I still can't believe we practically know nothing about this game.

tampi
03-03-07, 14:01
or maybe New York City WOOOOWWWW

Alive_and_Funky
03-03-07, 14:02
I still can't believe we practically know nothing about this game.
I guess RockStar must really not want to have their ideas pinched. If I remember correctly, don't we usually hear the first big news about the game in around the April of the game's release? If so, then we're actually getting the news a little bit early.

tr_mitch
03-03-07, 14:03

Grand Theft Auto III was based around New York City.

I guess RockStar must really not want to have their ideas pinched. If I remember correctly, don't we usually hear the first big news about the game in around the April of the game's release? If so, then we're actually getting the news a little bit early.

It's just weird the fact that we've known about the game for a while now and no real information about the game has been released.

Alive_and_Funky
03-03-07, 14:08
It's just weird the fact that we've known about the game for a while now and no real information about the game has been released.
Yeah, I've just remembered that we usually get the name of the game around the time of the big news in April. The only thing I know about GTA IV is that it will feature downloadable chapters.
What baffles me the most is the reason for the game being called GTA IV. I guess it will probably be set after all of the other games, but I'd like it to be connected to some of the other games too.

tampi
03-03-07, 14:40
Grand Theft Auto III was based around New York City.

:o :o :o sorry my lapsus ( cough). I'm going to take my medicine,,,, looool :p

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 14:42
I want the city to be similar to Los Angeles, California. It would take the best elements from all the game. A big city (III), tropical feel (Vice City), and a little bit of ghetto (San Andreas)! We'd get the best game ever! :D

viper456
03-03-07, 14:49
i was having a read on IGN today and i nearly fell off the back of my chair when i saw it was for the 360 too!!! I didnt know it was and i couldnt be happier !!! :D:D:D:D

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 14:51
i was having a read on IGN today and i nearly fell off the back of my chair when i saw it was for the 360 too!!! I didnt know it was and i couldnt be happier !!! :D:D:D:D

LOL! That was announced ages ago! LOL!

gtkilla
03-03-07, 14:53

Yeah, that would be awesome! :jmp:

viper456
03-03-07, 14:53
i guessed that but i hadnt actually seen it! I lost intrest in following it because the info was so little.

peffect
03-03-07, 15:00
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/)

Less than 4 weeks until we see GTAIV for the very first time.

Game of the year?

:jmp:

No! Did you forget TR:A? lol

There's also, the 5th Silent Hill game...

anniversarytr11
04-03-07, 13:22
i have no idea what city gta4 gonna be in hope its somethin new and inventive like londone, mexico or even tokyo

UNDERTAKER
28-03-07, 20:54
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Just over a day to go. Not long left.

Apparently adverts for the GTA trailer have been seen on the FX channel. They were seen during commercial breaks between episodes of the 70's show. Rockstar are known for their sneeky marketing so maybe this is a hint that GTA4 will be set in the 1970's?

viper456
28-03-07, 20:56
omg cant wait to see this trailer!

I liked it when it was set in the 80's . I love that music ! lol 70's would be cool though!

Mad Tony
28-03-07, 20:56
omg cant wait to see this trailer!

I liked it when it was set in the 80's . I love that music ! lol 70's would be cool though!I seriously hope it's not in the 70s, or even the 80s. Late 90s to early 2000s would be great IMO. :)

viper456
28-03-07, 20:58
it doesnt really matter when its set because it will be sleazy and funny non the less :D

Mad Tony
28-03-07, 20:59
it doesnt really matter when its set because it will be sleazy and funny non the less :DWhat about if it was set in the 1930s? :p

tr_mitch
28-03-07, 21:02
I'd like it to be set in 2007, only with radio stations that play 70,80,90,00's music... then everybody's happy. :D

tampi
28-03-07, 21:05
AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGG
Evildoer!!
I thought that today it was the day! :D

Paperdoll
28-03-07, 21:08
What about if it was set in the 1930s? :p

You have the game Mafia for that (if I'm not mistaken) :p although it's not as GTA-ish as one might think.

Agent 47
28-03-07, 21:12

i already have that game MT

it's called Mafia :jmp:

Scottlee
28-03-07, 21:22
I'm hoping to finish GTA:SA by the time this game comes out, and perhaps even GA:VCS, but I think I might still be lagging being everyone else for some time yet.

This will be a difficult game for Rockstar. People will expect the earth and it will be hard to live up to the hype after the GTA glory years on the PS2.

Jo269976
28-03-07, 21:25
1 Day to go!!

I can't wait to see what it's about and when/where it's set!

Agent 47
28-03-07, 21:28
I'm hoping to finish GTA:SA by the time this game comes out, and perhaps even GA:VCS, but I think I might still be lagging being everyone else for some time yet.

This will be a difficult game for Rockstar. People will expect the earth and it will be hard to live up to the hype after the GTA glory years on the PS2.

if anyone can do it

Rockstar can :tmb:

personally i hope IT IS set in the 1970's :jmp:

TR freak
28-03-07, 21:57
I hope its not set in ONE location. San Andreas was a huge step up for the series taking it statewide. I think the next logical step up is take it nationwide. Have several different states similar to the size of San Andreas and have them all vary. SA proved bigger is better and hopefully GTA 4 will expand this.

AmericanAssassin
28-03-07, 21:58
personally i hope IT IS set in the 1970's :jmp:

Me too! :p I wanna shoot up some hippies and visit the disco! :D

Agent 47
28-03-07, 22:12
Me too! :p I wanna shoot up some hippies and visit the disco! :D

imagine 1970's pimps with massive hats,platform shoes,fluffy long coats :vlol:

basically, if people pay close attention to the GTA games they pay homage to classic movies

the 70's is the next step, but alas i think it'll be modern day

i do agree with TR Freak though about making it nation wide.............GTA VI could keep people playing for months on sheer size :jmp:

viper456
28-03-07, 23:04

i would still expect the sleaze and the star shaped nipple covers ;) lmao

illuminati30
28-03-07, 23:49

I hate GTA, but if it is London, i am defo getting it, cause i love London!

2kool4u
29-03-07, 00:24
what do you like more? Runing over people (doing copchases) or the main mission?

Agent 47
29-03-07, 00:32
as much as i like GTA, i would hate a UK setting

i prefer massive US settings

and i'm a Brit :jmp:

illuminati30
29-03-07, 00:57
as much as i like GTA, i would hate a UK setting

i prefer massive US settings

and i'm a Brit :jmp:

Oh this is where we are different :D I liked The Getaway :D

Agent 47
29-03-07, 11:49
Oh this is where we are different :D I liked The Getaway :D

ok...The Getaway

i did play it, but geeze did i find it clunky, we hear people say TR AOD controls were bad....man this game was just as bad (for me)

the storyline however was solid, i just didn't like the game :vlol:

NOTICE!!!!!

the GTA IV trailer will be online at 11pm GMT (UK fans)
today's Take Two shareholders meeting will be broadcast live via pod cast at 9pm GMT

(it's D-Day folks, we see GTA IV for the first time...it better be good) :jmp:

tr_mitch
29-03-07, 14:42
WOOOO. Can't wait! :jmp:

Mad Tony
29-03-07, 16:15
Less than six hours! :jmp: I'm looking forward to this trailer. :D

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 16:52
I'm gonna sticky this thread.

A monumental occasion like this deserves a sticky :D

petujaymz
29-03-07, 16:56
Is this game going to be a PS3 exclusive?

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 16:58
Is this game going to be a PS3 exclusive?

Nope. Out on Xbox 360 and PS3...

Agent 47
29-03-07, 17:10
don't bank on PS3 guy's :(

a major announcement will be taking place during this shareholders meeting,it is speculated it has something to do with the 360 Elite,and the future of GTA :(

in NO way whatsoever is a PS3 version safe......

as i say, the above is pure speculation from a very credible GTA website (like this forum it has insider knowledge/ties)

it's claimed GTA IV maybe an MMO :confused: "things will be different"

jarhead
29-03-07, 18:51
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=10545

Sorry if its already been posted but my brother pointed this out to me

Agent 47
29-03-07, 19:04
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=10545

Sorry if its already been posted but my brother pointed this out to me

LMAO that's a funny video

thanks for posting it :jmp:

Rickéh
29-03-07, 19:44
Can't wait! :jmp:
I will see it tomorrow, because my mom won't let me see it -_-

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 19:53
Only 2 more hours you guys! :yah: This day has been awesome!!!

Agent 47
29-03-07, 19:57
i'm going to listen to the pod cast given to shareholders :D

*well that was a wasted 10 minutes*

kamicasy^
29-03-07, 20:58
omg

1 hour left.. can't wait :jmp:

Apofiss
29-03-07, 21:06
Less than hour, wohooo!!!

viper456
29-03-07, 21:07
site aint workign for me now :(

Dingaling
29-03-07, 21:11
It's probably being overloaded with thousands of GTA fans trying to access it all at once. Just wait a small bit and try again :).

walk_man
29-03-07, 21:11
OMG ! In less than 50 minutes time I'll be watching what I'll be playing on christmas ! Seems so... unreal !

viper456
29-03-07, 21:14
cant wait to see this!!

been winding my friends up with that coke advert saying its the new trailer haha they are soooo gulable!

Agent 47
29-03-07, 21:16
all i see is a black screen.......NOTHING at all :confused:

41 minutes to go :)

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 21:26
all i see is a black screen.......NOTHING at all :confused:

41 minutes to go :)

That's all I had too, but when I refreshed it, the IV and countdown were back again. :)

viper456
29-03-07, 21:27
ooooh yeah countdowns back :D half an hour to go!

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 21:31
27 minutes to go and now I'm getting excited :jmp:

walk_man
29-03-07, 21:32
I literally can't wait for this trailer Lol ! I will watch it over and over like I did with TRA ! :jmp: :jmp:

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 21:32
I'm way more excited over this than over TR:A :p

Agent 47
29-03-07, 21:33
just so you know

the trailer we are all very much looking forward to is that of Xbox360 version

the xbox site even has a dedicated area....whereas PS3 does not

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 21:35
Meh... well I'll just go to my little corner then and pray for a PC version :p

Rivendell
29-03-07, 21:38
Cool! 20 minutes :jmp:

This better be one heck of a trailer or there are going to be a LOT of gutted fans!

Agent 47
29-03-07, 21:38
That's all I had too, but when I refreshed it, the IV and countdown were back again. :)

doesn't work, still getting black screen :(

viper456
29-03-07, 21:40
knowing how my luck is going today it will be a crappy teaser trailer :( lol

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 21:41
It doesn't work for me now... :( No screen at all...

Legends
29-03-07, 21:42
Only 16min to go! :jmp:

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 21:42

Some music and an image of a blue sky with the letters Grand Theft Auto 4, coming out soon.

Now that'd be my dream trailer XD

walk_man
29-03-07, 21:43

I read on a GTA4 fan site that a teaser trailer has been confirmed not to be there. No worries there now ... I can't wait. 17 minutes OMG !

TR freak
29-03-07, 21:43
just so you know

the trailer we are all very much looking forward to is that of Xbox360 version

the xbox site even has a dedicated area....whereas PS3 does not

There's no difference between the PS3 and 360 versions so what difference does it make?

Rivendell
29-03-07, 21:44
Is it not working for some people? The site :

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Has loaded fine for me with the big IV and the countdown!

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 21:44
@ Agent 47 - Is it working for you yet? Mines still acting up! :mad:

viper456
29-03-07, 21:45
Some music and an image of a blue sky with the letters Grand Theft Auto 4, coming out soon.

Now that'd be my dream trailer XD

lol! well i just hope my bad luck hasnt jinxed it :D

I read on a GTA4 fan site that a teaser trailer has been confirmed not to be there. No worries there now ... I can't wait. 17 minutes OMG !

oooo cool :) then again you dont realise how much of a bad jinx i am :vlol:!

Agent 47
29-03-07, 21:46
@ Agent 47 - Is it working for you yet? Mines still acting up! :mad:

i got it now :)

misiaq
29-03-07, 21:49
How is it that I missed this thread all this time?:p

Oh well, 10 minutes to go:D . Over at a certain forum their servers are crashing and people are posting like crazy. There's about 3 new pages in one thread every minute. It's like new years eve, waiting for midnight.

For those of you that the site doesn't work for, because the countdown is against your system clock, you've probably counted down and are at the second, trailer page waiting for them to upload. Just reload in 10 mins.:)

walk_man
29-03-07, 21:49
oooo cool :) then again you dont realise how much of a bad jinx i am :vlol:!

Ohhhh.... don't watch it then. If you such a bad jinx then we will probably get a first ever glimpse of the new and exclusive GTA LBS ! Out on PSP soon Lol.

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 21:50
i got it now :)

How??? Mines being stupid!!! :mad:

viper456
29-03-07, 21:51
Ohhhh.... don't watch it then. If you such a bad jinx then we will probably get a first ever glimpse of the new and exclusive GTA LBS ! Out on PSP soon Lol.

mwahahha dont joke, it adds to the jinx factor :p

kamicasy^
omg
8 minutes:jmp:

Apofiss
7 mins to go!!! @o@

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 21:52

LBS? Las *****es Stories? :p

Agent 47
29-03-07, 21:52
How??? Mines being stupid!!! :mad:

i run Firefox, so i went into my Mozilla folder,looked in the plugins folder and double clicked the flash player icon (updated it) trouble is you have to reboot your system :(

Apofiss
29-03-07, 21:54
Agent 47, you better reboot fast! it's 5 mins to go :D

walk_man
29-03-07, 21:55
OMG ! My internet went funny and MSN singed itself out. I swear dear internet, if you love me so much, I will love you, JUST WAIT 4 MORE MINUTES !!

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 21:56
I just verified my age, but now it's black again! :mad: Grrrrr!!!

Dingaling
2 minutes 30 seconds to go... Rockstar got a lot of hype to live up to!

misiaq
It's up:D

If you aren't at 0 yet, right click the 4 and click on Forward. It will get you to the trailer page. And it is slooooow.

Agent 47
29-03-07, 21:57
Agent 47, you better reboot fast! it's 5 mins to go :D

see my post of yours ;) already done it

just hope AmericanAssassin sorts his/hers out :)

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 21:57
just hope AmericanAssassin sorts hers out :)
You mean you hope he sorts his out. ;)

walk_man
29-03-07, 21:59
Less than a minute ! Can't wait ! 25 seconds !

EDIT : Ok... countdown finished. Black screen. Not liking this trailer lool.

viper456
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

LMFAO!

that was hysterical

3 ...2....1.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

LMFAO it refreshed itself too

UNDERTAKER
Site not working!

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 22:00
Ok, the site just went nuts X_X

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

laras_true_man
says its not online for another 57 minutes..

cant friggin wait

:ton:

Rivendell
And now the page isn't loading. Surprise.

misiaq
I sorta remember this happening when stuf came out for SA. And now it tried to get me onto this: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html but can't. Is it OK if I post a link to a third party fansite that is also working to let the trailer out once they download it?

Legends
29-03-07, 22:01
Of course, nothings happening!

Agent 47
so erm

who killed their server :vlol:

tr_mitch
LMAO. I find it kinda funny.

marcocatena
GRRRR! Damn it its not working!!!! :hea:

Apofiss
ahhh :cen:

kamicasy^
29-03-07, 22:02
OMG! Don't work! wtf :hea:

UNDERTAKER
Grand Theft Auto 4 returning to Liberty City according to teamxbox.com

marcocatena
Keep refresihing!

Maybe coz so many ppl are on the site?

viper456
LMAO. I find it kinda funny.

I actually laughed out loud when it refreshed itself on 0 because i was propper close to the screen. I felt my face drop. lmao

walk_man
29-03-07, 22:03
Lool ! 5 minutes ! 2 minutes ! Less than a minute ! Http server... unable to load page... 404 Not Found. Ha ! I'm pretty annoyed but I like the way I find the funny side as well.

rewak
29-03-07, 22:03
Ha! And the site doesnt work. Who couldnt see this coming?

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:04

Ew! That sucks! :mad:

Apofiss

Sounds good to me! :tmb:

marcocatena
Ew! That sucks! :mad:

I heard it was london?! :D

Agent 47

i read about Liberty City on a very reliable GTA site yesterday

i don't mind :jmp:

Legends
29-03-07, 22:05
That sucks! I love Liberty City, but I was expecting a "new" City this time!

walk_man
29-03-07, 22:05
I want something new ! That means they've made 2 games in the same area ! And not the page isn't working ! Not cool Rockstar... NOT COOL !

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:06
That sucks! I love Liberty City, but I was expecting a "new" City this time!

Ditto. I'm tired of Liberty City! :mad: I've played it twice!

marcocatena
29-03-07, 22:06
The hole bloody site isnt workin!!!

Paperdoll
29-03-07, 22:07
What if it's a revamped Liberty City? Expanded and such. I doubt they'd go with the original size.

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:07
Of course R* will extend and enhance Liberty City. I don't epect it to just be a simple port. It will all be different and much bigger.

Well I assume so anyway!

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:08
If it really is Liberty City, I definately hope it's based in the '70s. And, they need to add another island.

Night Crawler
Here's a screenshot of the trailer:

http://xs313.xs.to/xs313/07135/GTA4LOL.JPG ;)

walk_man
OMG ! I remember readin somewhere that GTA4 is a sort of Anniversary. So, Liberty City might be a high chance of returning. Even though I don't want it back ! Well, 10 minutes and nothing !

UNDERTAKER
Hunt all around the net for this trailer folks. Someone is bound to have it hosted on their site :wve:

Legends
29-03-07, 22:09
I want Chicago!

Apofiss
Of course R* will extend and enhance Liberty City. I don't epect it to just be a simple port. It will all be different and much bigger.

NAturally it will; I presume more polygons, far more superior AI and everything ^_^

marcocatena
Omg!!!!

UNDERTAKER
WOW!!! That looks bloody awesome!

AmericanAssassin
Definately not the '70s... :(

Paperdoll

Well I assume so anyway!

Hope so. I love how everything comes together, the whole storylines and the characters, hence why I don't mind if we get Liberty City back. I just want some more GTA :jmp:

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:11
I love that screenshot. It's so realistic looking! Definately excited :tmb:

God Horus
29-03-07, 22:11
Definatley in Liberty City. If you look carefully, it says Liberty Tree in the left side. WHY 3 Games in LIBERTY CITY!!!! WHY I ASK YOU!!!! But still, beautiful... :D :D :D

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:12
I'm on the site, but now the trailer won't play! :mad:

Agent 47
29-03-07, 22:13
that pic is mega cool

stuff it guys...i'll go track down this trailer :jmp:

Legends
29-03-07, 22:13
That screen looks great! :tmb:

Dingaling
29-03-07, 22:14
http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1941/GTA-IV-Things-Will-Be-Different-Trailer/p1/

Enjoy :)

marcocatena
29-03-07, 22:14
Im on the site but it only comes up with a blank black screen! :hea:

Apofiss
29-03-07, 22:15
That screensht looks bloody great :tmb: now just to see that ****ing trailer! T_T

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:16
http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1941/GTA-IV-Things-Will-Be-Different-Trailer/p1/

Site Unavailable... madness I tell you, MADNESS!

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:16

:tmb:

Legends
29-03-07, 22:17
The Link doesn't work for me, Dingaling.

Yes it says Liberty Tree...
http://i14.************/4gqojup.jpg

Dingaling
Site Unavailable... madness I tell you, MADNESS!

Seems anywhere with it available might be down or hard to access for a few hours to a day or two. So just keep trying and you'll get it eventually :tmb:.

Rivendell
Meh, sod it, I'll watch it tomorrow.

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:18
It's here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/media.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;videos

misiaq
29-03-07, 22:19
Also:
http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta4_trailer1_720p.wmv

This one I am downloading and it is doing well.

gtkilla
Yes!! It's in NY!!! :jmp: :jmp:

UNDERTAKER
anyone who has seen it wish to give us a report?

Rivendell
29-03-07, 22:20
Wayhey! :D I KNEW that'd happen as soon as I decided to stop looking :D

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:21
I'm downloading it now! :jmp:

EDIT: Ahhhh! 13 minutes to go?! :mad:

marcocatena
29-03-07, 22:22

Same here :D

God Horus
29-03-07, 22:22
Apparently I cannot view the vi cause I'm underaged! I'm ****ING 30!!!

Legends
29-03-07, 22:23
I hope they include more cities like they did in San Andreas! The time-zone should’ve been/be around 2000 so they could include the World Trade Center too :jmp:

Apofiss
Also:
http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta4_trailer1_720p.wmv

This one I am downloading and it is doing well.

Ouhh yessss high defenition is loading!!! :jmp:

Rivendell

EDIT: Ahhhh! 13 minutes to go?! :mad:

You lucky guy, try having 35mins to wait.

God Horus
29-03-07, 22:25
I'm pretty sure On the Spot won't work well tonight either due to mass flooding!

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:25
I hope R* release this trailer in hi-defintion on the Xbox 360 marketplace and PS3 store!

walk_man
29-03-07, 22:26
This has probably been the most stressful half hour I've ever had in ages Lol.

AmericanAssassin
25% downloaded... I'm growing impatient! :mad:

misiaq
Ouhh yessss high defenition is loading!!! :jmp:
I should add, courtesy of Planetgta (http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/) since I got it from there and credit should be due.:)

Dingaling
It's got nice music the trailer :). Looks brilliant! Very pretty.

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:28
I'm so excited :jmp:

Quick someone throw water over me before I die!

Dingaling
29-03-07, 22:29
*Throws water over UT's face." Keep it together man!

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/movies/index.jsp?releaseId=2006051014323586065&videoId=200703291450783004

Try there for a small(er) version of the trailer.

D3M0N
29-03-07, 22:29
New York!!! sry, Liberty City ^^
Yeah!!!!

MiCkiZ88
29-03-07, 22:31
okay.. how could I miss this thread

Downloading the 67.7 mb trailer.. 2:27 hours left :rolleyes:

UNDERTAKER
Apparently it's the Russian mafia!

God Horus
I'm so excited :jmp:

Quick someone throw water over me before I die!

Huh! Oh No! (Looks at UT's Location. Death Valley?!? Checks encyclopedia)

Apofiss
29-03-07, 22:32
HD screenss!!!

http://i11.************/2q2n4n8

http://i13.************/4h1ztrc.jpg

http://i12.************/471mfjd.jpg

http://i3.************/4drfgvs.jpg

http://i9.************/3zq9wm1.jpg

K.J
29-03-07, 22:32
http://www.gta4.net/trailer/gta4_trailer.torrent

If you want to download it via torrent.

God Horus
29-03-07, 22:33
Sorry for the double post. I am attempting to upload it onto Youtube and/or Filefront. I would put it on my site right now, but I am very scared because I don't know what to do if it crashed lol. I'll have it on youtube in a bit.

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 22:33
The locations are stunning! :yah: I loved it!

Legends
29-03-07, 22:35
Still downloading. The graphics looks amazing.. Imagine killing someone or trashing your car.. This is baaaaad :mis:

tr_mitch
New York Looks amazing.
Main character looks like a hobo, plus his accents kinda irritates me.

UNDERTAKER
OMFG!!! I just seen it! It's awesome! Graphics are amazing! This is not Liberty City as we know it! This is New York City!

viper456
29-03-07, 22:37
it looks AMAZING! graphics are stunning!

but I hope that really isnt the main character , for the love of god please no :(

LegendLuvr24
29-03-07, 22:38
http://c.movies.teamxbox.com/xbox360/gta4/gta4_3291.mov

God Horus
it looks AMAZING! graphics are stunning!

but I hope that really isnt the main character , for the love of god please no :(
I'm w/ u on that!

misiaq
I love one of the film advertisments: "I slept with my Mom":). And the detail in everything is superb.

MelikeLara
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwooww!!!!!

MiCkiZ88
HOLY CRAP! :yik: Those screens look amasing. I want to drive that car ASAP! :jmp:

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:39
I love one of the film advertisments: "I slept with my Mom":)

Or "America's Top Hooker"

:D

Agent 47
29-03-07, 22:39
that trailer looked mega cool :jmp:

God Horus
29-03-07, 22:40
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just watched it!!! It is sooooo cool!

btw, this is off-topic, but would you dump your girlfriend/boyfriend if they say "yello' when they pick up the phone?

viper456
29-03-07, 22:40
ooooh hope you can get on that rollercoaster lmao

MiCkiZ88
29-03-07, 22:42
that trailer looked mega cool :jmp:

gah.. I wanna see it.. still two hours left before mines downloaded. 7kb/s =\

Legends
29-03-07, 22:43
The trailer looks fantastic! :jmp:

Agent 47
29-03-07, 22:44
gah.. I wanna see it.. still two hours left before mines downloaded. 7kb/s =\

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/movies/index.jsp?releaseId=2006051014323586065&videoId=200703291450783004

go here :jmp:

misiaq
Or "America's Top Hooker"

Or the GetaLife building:D

Rivendell
Nice!!

That music! ARGH! Koyanisqatsi flashback! Head...imploding...pain...Noooooo...

Yeah, good trailer :D

Apofiss
29-03-07, 22:45
http://i9.************/2rz7u4m.jpg

awwwww... tis was must post! XD

tampi
29-03-07, 22:47
I can't see it :mad:

Legends
29-03-07, 22:47
That was the most beautiful "place" in the trailer, Apofiss! :D

And the music is so cool! :)

Agent 47
29-03-07, 22:48
i'm gonna love killing folks in this town :jmp:

yeehaaaaa

wonders if this guy can swim?????

UNDERTAKER
This game looks awesome!

Titanium
Wow looks amazing from the screenshots :D (Ill wait till the trailers on youtube) :)

Although I would of preffered the game being set in a new city instead of Liberty city. Well it looks like Liberty City anyway.

CitanMK
29-03-07, 22:49
Awesome graphics!!! But i hope this isnt just the same old formula with prettier graphics (i loved the old formula in the past but now im bored of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas).

viper456
29-03-07, 22:49
Or the GetaLife building:D

Sprunk - The essence of life

LMFAO :vlol:

tampi
29-03-07, 22:50
What city finaly???????

MiCkiZ88
29-03-07, 22:51

go here :jmp:

Cheers for that! :tmb:

My god Apofiss.. That looks amazing. I get the feeling this is going to be one huge game!

Agent 47
can i deduce

it's really the REAL New York....but they've named it Liberty City in the game

Statue of Liberty, Empire State???

either way this trailer RULES :jmp:

Legends
What city finaly???????

New York/Liberty City

tampi
29-03-07, 22:52
New York, I guessed right! :jmp: :jmp: :cln:

Titanium
29-03-07, 22:54
can i deduce

it's really the REAL New York....but they've named it Liberty City in the game

Statue of Liberty, Empire State???

either way this trailer RULES :jmp:

So even though its called Liberty City, its nothing like the Liberty City from the previous games?

misiaq
29-03-07, 22:54
They may be still hiding other places under their sleeves:p . Although I quite doubt that. Now, just about a year and a half of wishful thinking that it will come out on PC:p

Legends
29-03-07, 22:55
So even though its called Liberty City, its nothing like the Liberty City from the previous games?
I think it is, just changed. This looks way better than GTAIII and Liberty City Stories.

UNDERTAKER
29-03-07, 22:55

From the trailer it is clearly not the Liberty City we know. It's totally different!

Like Agent 47 said: Liberty City in name only!

misiaq
29-03-07, 22:56

It resembles New York more than Liberty, if you know what I mean.

Will that roller coster be rideable?:D

Titanium
29-03-07, 22:59
Wow thats great then. :tmb:

Graphically looks fantastic though, I will probably view the trailer tomorrow. :)

Agent 47
29-03-07, 23:00
From the trailer it is clearly not the Liberty City we know. It's totally different!

Like Agent 47 said: Liberty City in name only!

bring this game on already says i :jmp:

let the speculation begin guy's

Radio Stations....DJ's

Taken from the gta4 forum

The game will take place in a version of New York. The name of the state is unknown. I've always said it might be called New Liberty, because it looks like they are continuing the trend of "fake" cities/state names. Liberty City will be part of this state, but as we can see, there is much more to this state than just LC. Liberty City itself has not changed, aside from the obvious graphical upgrade. Now, anyone remember Shoreside Vale in GTA 3 and LCS? It had tunnels inside it's mountains, that were blocked off. These tunnels lead to the other sections of this un-named state, that LC is in. In LCS, there is a sign that says "Upstate". So we can assume that the game will take place in an entire state, which includes Liberty City. We can also assume that there will be countryside, including the mountains in LC. Don't get ****ed because we're going back to LC again, there will be much more to the map. And for all you know, we might visit other cities/states/countries anyway. The Empire State Building is in the trailer, as well as various other well known New York landmarks, most of which we never saw in LC/GTA 3.

Date
The game will most likely take place in the present, with many of the vehicles looking quite modern, including a BMW look-alike and Japanese sports cars you'd see in a Midnight Club game.

Characters
The trailer is narrated by a presumably Russian character, whose background seems to deal in heavy crime, including selling human slaves and murder. Who would have guessed, eh ? It is not known if this will be the main character of the game.

Universe/Place In Timeline
Like I said a million times, GTA IV will not take place in a universe. R* never said that, and this trailer proves my point. If you look closely, you will see at least two adverts from previous GTA titles. A Burger Shot poster, and a Cluckin' Bell sign. And LC itself looks exactly the same as it did in GTA III and LCS, but of course there's new signs and adverts, and it's more high-poly/hi-res textured, but it's still the same thing. The game will most likely be a sequel to GTA III, well, that's why it's called GTA IV, eh? Wonder whose running the Leone's now, eh?

MiCkiZ88
29-03-07, 23:06
Oh my gawd.. :eek: Just viewed the trailer. New York or what? :jmp:

I'm hoping this game will be somewhat more serious to the other ones. I really like the atmosphere!

Titanium
29-03-07, 23:06
let the speculation begin guy's

Radio Stations....DJ's

Hopefully Lazlow and chatterbox will return. :D

And that they also do a huge variety of music stations. :)

Apofiss
29-03-07, 23:08
Maybe gta4 will feature a special online radio station? mmm XD

tampi
29-03-07, 23:13
Can you download the trailer?

AmericanAssassin
29-03-07, 23:37
I've captured 18 pics from the trailer. Here they are! To enlarge them, simply click on them! ;)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_18.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/18.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_17.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/17.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_16.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/16.jpg)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_15.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/15.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_14.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/14.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_13.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/13.jpg)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_12.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/12.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_11.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/11.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_10.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/10.jpg)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_9.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/9.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_8.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/8.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_7.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/7.jpg)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_6.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/6.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_5.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/5.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_4.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/4.jpg)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_3.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/3.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_2.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/2.jpg)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/th_1.jpg (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20IV/1.jpg)

kamicasy^
29-03-07, 23:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMIkC1gdtKQ

gtkilla
29-03-07, 23:43
You have no idea how happy I am that this game takes place in NY!! :jmp: :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
30-03-07, 00:07
You have no idea how happy I am that this game takes place in NY!! :jmp: :jmp:

Now we get a double dose of NY (3 for you actually...lol) -- Spider-Man 3 and GTA IV!!! :D

gtkilla
30-03-07, 00:11
Now we get a double dose of NY (3 for you actually...lol) -- Spider-Man 3 and GTA IV!!! :D

Lol, I know! :D