PDA

View Full Version : Will These Be the Last Years of PS2?

Tthe Spirit
02-03-07, 14:12
Does this mean, that after PS3 release, PS2 will be left behind the spotlights... exactly as the case of PS1 in these final years after PS2 success
Damn it then...
i will be buying a new PS2 next month...
that's not fair at all...

UNDERTAKER
02-03-07, 14:17
In my opinion, 2007 will be the last year of PS2. By 2008 the new game releases for PS2 will start to fall and fall. This is inevitable and crucial for the gaming industry. Technology needs to move on and we will not get the true next generation gaming experiences until PS2 is dead.

nightwishgirl84
02-03-07, 14:36
your right Undertaker,but not everyone can afford a ps3 unfortunatly :(
and Tthespirit is this your first ps2??
if so,i would save that money for a ps3 instead of buying a ps2.

Tthe Spirit
02-03-07, 14:59

You are right...
But that's so upsetting.
i was in market and PS3 is more than a 1000$...:yik: :yik: :yik: :yik: :yik:
y so expensive... y?:cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :hea: :hea: :hea:

interstellardave
02-03-07, 15:01

Then maybe you can afford an Xbox 360 ;) And I'm sure you could afford a Wii, although that's a different animal altogether. Anyway, I agree with Undertaker... the PS2 has to be dropped by the major developers or else games on the PS3 and 360 will forever be held back... doesn't mean other developers can't release pretty good budget titles for the PS2 though.

petujaymz
02-03-07, 16:07
In my opinion, 2007 will be the last year of PS2. By 2008 the new game releases for PS2 will start to fall and fall. This is inevitable and crucial for the gaming industry. Technology needs to move on and we will not get the true next generation gaming experiences until PS2 is dead.

Ya spot on! I'd imagine the PS2 will be included in cross platform releases until Christmas 2007 at the very least.

:wve:

dark_angel_7
02-03-07, 16:20
By Christmas 2007 the PS2 will definitley be dead. But if you do get a PS2 at least the games will be really cheap, so you could get all the top-notch games for dead low prices. Thats what I'm planning to do :D.

irjudd
02-03-07, 16:24
If you haven't had a PS2 up until now (or soon) then you have a LOT of games to catch up on. You'll be plenty busy until PS3 has a price drop.

Titanium
02-03-07, 17:10
It may do what the PSone did and last a year or two after its more powerful counterpart is released. Dont forget, there are some budget gaming makers who actually cant afford to make decent PS3 titles and may keep making for the PS2 for a while.

Agent 47
02-03-07, 17:23
i think 2007 being the final year of PS2 is speculation and wishful thinking at best...

IMO i say 2008, people who seem desperate for the PS2 to cease production fail to acknowledge not many folks can afford a PS3 at least until 2008, as such Sony will cater for those gamers whereas Sony's in-house developers will concentrate all resources to PS3

soon as Sony have enough PS3's in peoples homes it is then that PS2 will officially cease to be.........

Tomb-Raider
02-03-07, 17:25
:mad: ..
I guess im gunna sell my ps2 now before it goes out of style :(.

irjudd
02-03-07, 18:12
I like having old consoles laying around.

Samsdad
02-03-07, 18:16
Right now there are about 100 Million PS2s out there. How many still work is another question but it is still a very big market. The developers that want to be viewed as the industry leaders will drop developing for the PS2 but there will probably still be indies that want to tap that market sector.

Bullethail
02-03-07, 18:26
It's inevitable I'm afraid... we'd better start saving up.

george_croft
02-03-07, 18:35
The ***** will finally die:yah:

Alive_and_Funky
02-03-07, 19:17
I wouldn't be surprised. I don't mind anyway since there are still a lot of games out for the PS2 which I've not played yet. I think all of those games could keep me so busy that I don't feel the need to buy a seventh generation console until late 2008.

Evilkipje
02-03-07, 19:25
this is the year of Final Fantasy 12, Okami and TRA

next year we'll probably see some EA and Ubisoft ports for the ps2 and then it's done for.

walk_man
02-03-07, 19:27
I think that definetly this year is the last year of the PS2. I will keep it in my room, under my bed, so it isn't lonely when I abandon Sony and move to Microsoft. :D The PS2 changed the way I look at gaming forever. Its the biggest console IMO.