PDA

View Full Version : Ian Livingstone's Deathrap Dungeon

dream raider
03-03-07, 20:11
Before a very long time ago someone gave me a game called Ian Livingstone's Deathrap Dungeon. I remembered it when I was fixing something today. It was terrible! That's all I remember, sick ways to make you sick! I remember a head being chopped off! I was only an innocent child! Anyway, you had the option to be a female. She was wearing something like a black swimuit not bikini and long black boots. I currently like bright games and pleasant games to play like Legend not dark and gory ones. Anyone played it? Has any opinions on it? It's made by Eidos by the way.

tweetygwee
03-03-07, 20:16
Yeah, I've played it. I like the way you can hack up already dead monsters :D but the controls are very sloppy. It's based on one of his Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, of which I have a large collection.

Evilkipje
03-03-07, 21:05
if it's from ian livingstone it must be bad :P

Paperdoll
03-03-07, 21:16
I tried it and hated it. I'd rather play the book version (which I love btw :D)

Rivendell
03-03-07, 22:16
The books Rule!

I liked Ian Livingstone a lot more when I was younger.

Kiss-Bite
03-03-07, 22:55
I own the PS1 game, Deathtrap Dungeon. It has Tomb Raider - esque puzzles but nearly not as good, I thought it was quite fun to play.:)

Angelus
03-03-07, 23:55
I own the PS1 game, Deathtrap Dungeon. It has Tomb Raider - esque puzzles but nearly not as good, I thought it was quite fun to play.:)

Same here. Never read the book, though.

kryptonite23
05-03-07, 11:04
I have saw that either it was too long for us.

Raziel66
05-03-07, 11:27
I bought the game long time ago,in jewel box :cln: And I still have it in my bedroom at shelf
The game don't work on windows Xp by the way.
Edit:I don't remember any kid in the game...just monsters
http://www.gamerevolution.com/oldsite/games/pc/action/deathtrap3.jpg
Back cover:http://www.consolpassion.org/Boites%20Sony%20Ps1/Deathtrap_Dungeon_pal-back.jpg

Eddie Haskell
05-03-07, 23:39
I played it on the pc. I actually liked it a lot, your adversaries were interesting and extremely "hateable". I thought that the imagination that was displayed in this game was impressive; the wooden machines, the evil troll/dwarves that jabbed you, the weapons (particularly the flame-thrower), and of course the "deathtraps' were very well designed.

I had no real problem with the controls, although they were a bit sluggish for the pc.