PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this game will make you feel nostalgic?

Anti.Enemy
16-03-07, 06:27
Since this game is an inspiration from the original, and crystal have recaptured its atmosphere of exploration, and all that.. Do you think this game will make you feel nostalgic?

george_croft
16-03-07, 06:30
I feel nostalgic, simply by watching the second trailer:D

EscondeR
16-03-07, 06:36
I hope so ;)

Anti.Enemy
16-03-07, 06:38
I feel nostalgic, simply by watching the second trailer:D

I do too!
especially the first part, when the big huge door opens up, it reminds me of all the good times when I was playing tomb raider 1 for the first time

Ward Dragon
16-03-07, 06:46
I'm already nostalgic just looking at the screenshots, so they must be doing something right. I really hope the gameplay lives up to my expectations this time around (now that Crystal is directly comparing itself to TR1, the gameplay bar is even higher). I'm very eager for the demo :jmp:

ELEN
16-03-07, 06:49
I think yes. The trailers and screenshots give me this feeling already.

Kiss-Bite
16-03-07, 07:05
Yes, I already have a nostalgic feeling!:D However, once I'm playing the game & I hear the original score reworked & then pressing menu brings up the ring menu to give me a choice between a large & small traditional medi-pack, the nostalgia will double! Once I've had a battle with the T-rex & explored The Cistern, St Francis' Folly & The Lost Valley etc... my nostalgia will then be working overtime!!:jmp:

Ward Dragon
16-03-07, 07:14
Yes, I already have a nostalgic feeling!:D However, once I'm playing the game & I hear the original score reworked & then pressing menu brings up the ring menu to give me a choice between a large & small traditional medi-pack, the nostalgia will double! Once I've had a battle with the T-rex & explored The Cistern, St Francis' Folly & The Lost Valley etc... my nostalgia will then be working overtime!!:jmp:

Indeed. I'm looking forward the most to seeing what they've done with Palace Midas. That was a brilliant level to start with, and it has a lot of potential to be added to as well :D

Sekhraider
16-03-07, 07:24
Ever since Eidos/CD announced a remake of TR using the Legend engine, I was already stuck and probably will be way after the game has been released and everyone's played and finished it already :)

Kiss-Bite
16-03-07, 07:32
Indeed. I'm looking forward the most to seeing what they've done with Palace Midas. That was a brilliant level to start with, and it has a lot of potential to be added to as well :D

Yes indeed, Palace Midas will most certainly create the nostalgia feeling!:D ;)

disneyprincess20
16-03-07, 07:33
I'm not nostalgic yet, but I will be when I play the game and get to the Cistern, it's my favourite part!

Legend 4ever
16-03-07, 08:47
Of course it will, what do you think!?!

laralauraxxx
16-03-07, 09:01
yes it will but it will be extremely different ...

Virusbuster
16-03-07, 09:13
I hope it will, and only if it does, I will call it a success.

Little-Lara
16-03-07, 09:18
My nostalgic started since seeing the 1st of Legend. :o I've honestly been on Cloud-9 when i heard about Anniversary. Sweet. The music helped too!!!! :D

MisterCroft
16-03-07, 11:00
No, because TRII was the first game i played, and fell in love with. If it was TRII, then maybe, but as its TRI, a game which I have only played through once, then no.

Tomb Raider Master
16-03-07, 13:00
Of course it will.

petujaymz
16-03-07, 14:44
It best 'ad or I'll go mental... I swear!

CD need to do surprisingly little. Simply use the classic theme tune for the title screen and silence where appropriate ingame. The fact it has to be challenging should go without saying.

:wve:

b0bb13
16-03-07, 14:46
I hope that it won't!I want new stuff!(or things that are like Legend with mommy or daddy:D)

Stig911
16-03-07, 17:30
I feel Nostalgic, just not as much as I did before, IMO its a totaly differentr game not to be compared to the old 1 and i think any1 who does compare to the old 1 is a little poopie, cos the old one is the old one and nothinc will beat it. Sorta. DOes that make sence.

Gregori
16-03-07, 20:00
Hell no! It won't make me feel nostalgic. The Leaked Anniversary Core Trailer did for obvious reasons. I really hope that they release their version of the game some time in the future. There's no point letting all that work go to waste and I know well there thousands of fanatics who would pay through the nose to play that version.

Anyway, my feeling is that this is going to be an entirely new experience, a very different twist on the original. The atmosphere is just very differrent in this one!

walk_man
16-03-07, 20:02
Nostalgic? Don't know what that word means hehe. Feeling a but dumm ATM.

Angelus
16-03-07, 20:09
Hell no! It won't make me feel nostalgic. The Leaked Anniversary Core Trailer did for obvious reasons. I really hope that they release their version of the game some time in the future. There's no point letting all that work go to waste and I know well there thousands of fanatics who would pay through the nose to play that version.

Anyway, my feeling is that this is going to be an entirely new experience, a very different twist on the original. The atmosphere is just very differrent in this one!

It's never going to happen.

kissthese
26-03-07, 13:53
jeesk, even the trailer gets me excited!

Phlip
26-03-07, 15:10
in awnser to the title.

absolutly positivly NOT.

Cores would definatly tho if you look. :p

laracroft4eva
26-03-07, 15:13
Yes and woo the whole first page is positive :D Were improving already!

Rivendell
26-03-07, 15:13
I hope that it won't!I want new stuff!(or things that are like Legend with mommy or daddy:D)

:vlol: Damn, imagine if that really did happen! People think there's been an uproar from that footage? That'd be nothing in comparison if TR:A was turned into the 'missing mother' storyline!

Anyway from what I've seen so far, some things definitely make me feel nostalgia to TR1. The screenshots have definitely done that, and the second trailer did a bit.

thevman
26-03-07, 15:24
*shivers at though of what elysia might do if mommy shows up in TRA storyline* http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/yell.gif

Rivendell
26-03-07, 15:25
Hell really would 'hath no fury' ;) :yik:

Taylour
26-03-07, 15:58
I know I will, just seeing the bear in that trailer... gave me goosebumps haha :D

Hyper_Crazy
26-03-07, 16:18
No, and why do people keep bringing up Core Designs trailer?

laralauraxxx
26-03-07, 16:19
Nostalgic? Don't know what that word means hehe. Feeling a but dumm ATM.

it means memories flash backs longing for the past etc etc :p

Sara Croft
26-03-07, 16:48
I donnt think sooo.
But i really hope im wrong:>

mkdfan
26-03-07, 16:51
I dont think it will make me nostalgic as i dont remember half these places. I used cheats alot 10 years ago, specifically teh level skip cheat. I regret it now. I dont use them anymore tho.:D

Reggie
26-03-07, 17:10
Who knows if this game is going to be nostalgic. I know that Crystal are keen to not let this be the game's only feature though.

Eddie Haskell
26-03-07, 17:27
No doubt it will. Nostalgic for a special adventure possibly fated never to return...for a game that is challenging, atmospheric and special. I hope I'm wrong. :(

Anubis_AF
26-03-07, 19:56
Hopefully ;)

laracroft4eva
26-03-07, 20:35
No, and why do people keep bringing up Core Designs trailer?
People seem to not be able to let go of the past.

Shark_Blade
27-03-07, 05:36
*shivers at though of what elysia might do if mommy shows up in TRA storyline* http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/yell.gif
not only her, I guess this whole forum will turn into chaos.:D

domina
27-03-07, 05:57
If it does, it'll be on a lesser level. Not because I doubt Crystal Dynamic's ability to create a wonderful game (I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far), but because I don't have a nostalgic attachment to the original game. I loved and still love playing it, but it was like the third Tomb Raider game I played. A remake of Tomb Raider II, however, would make me nostalgic, but I actually don't want them remaking anymore classic games.

Mad Tony
27-03-07, 06:26
By looking at screenshots and the gameplay footage, no. Nothing new. I haven't had nostalgia in a new Tomb Raider game since AoD. :wve:

ivannnnn
27-03-07, 07:08
No...feel as usual
nostalgia occurs when i hear old song

trout11
27-03-07, 11:54
I feel Old.. Not Nostalgic!!:o :o :o

Angelus
27-03-07, 13:13
I think I'll feel nostalgic in the Peru parts, but not in the Egypt parts. I don't know about Greece or Atlantis, yet.

:gay: <--- I'm not actually gay, I just love the smiley! :D

Greenkey2
27-03-07, 14:27
I won't be feeling nostalgic about TR:A, simply because I've only played TR1 once all the way through, and that was after playing all the others.

I'd only ever get nostalgic if they brought out an anniversary edition of the Last Revelation :tmb:

And no, this doesn't make me a tomb raider heretic :p

paulwork
27-03-07, 15:25
I think I will get a certain amount of nostalgia from the gameplay e.g. T-Rex and Bacon Lara, but also, hopefully from the extras and unlockables, and hopefully a look back at 10 years of Lara...

The last thing I would like to experience is that I feel no nostalgia, except for wanting to switch off TRA and insert my PS1 Tomb Raider 1 disc and start playing that. I really doubt I will feel this way though.

Lara'sLover
27-03-07, 15:31
I don't know lol :p Hopefully though :D