PDA

View Full Version : What is the collector's edition?

YvesSL
17-03-07, 20:25
And what will it contain?

gtkilla
17-03-07, 20:29
There's gonna be a CE?

YvesSL
17-03-07, 20:32
Yes, it's in the FAQ

What is the release date of the Tomb Raider: Anniversary?

The game is to be released sometime in May 2007. Exact date is unknown unfortunately. May 15th and May 25th have been touted and a special collector's edition of the game will also be available.

PirateFromPeru
17-03-07, 20:54
I hope the collector's edition is released the same day as the normal package. I don't want to have to wait a couple months longer for all the bonus stuff. :(

Dingaling
17-03-07, 21:28
I think it'll contain a 40 minute (new) documentary on TR/Lara. Er... some articles and artwork. Lemme go check, I'll add what the CE contains in the FAQ :).

EDIT:

A retrospective 40 minutes documentary on Tomb Raider. Documentary made in collaboration with Turner.
All the trailers of Tomb Raider Anniversary will be included.
Retrospective of the best renders, advertisements and posters of Lara through the years.
Anniversary galery : galery which contains artworks, screenshots and renders extracted from the game.
Soundtrack which countains the best musics of Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary. The soundtrack will be illustrated by screenshots.

Ta to Alex_Fly for translating the french.

ben croft
17-03-07, 21:35
Why don't they include a second disc with extras??... like this:

option 1 - one disc, only the game
option 2 - two discs, one with the game and one with special material, a collector's edition box.

:wve:

Captain Mazda
17-03-07, 21:45
Because instead of manufacturing two discs, you can fit everything onto a single DVD.

MattTR
17-03-07, 22:36
This is the first time I've heard such a thing, thanks for the info.

-DEBUG
17-03-07, 22:42
A first for me too :D I hope it isnt one of those US exclusives though :(

YvesSL
18-03-07, 02:23
Eeh, it's not worth getting.

Gregori
18-03-07, 02:26
It should have the original game with it, otherwise its a pile of fluff and not worth getting.

LaraMan2
18-03-07, 03:14
Why don't they include a second disc with extras??... like this:

option 1 - one disc, only the game
option 2 - two discs, one with the game and one with special material, a collector's edition box.

well im gettin it!

LaraMan2
18-03-07, 03:15
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It should have the original game with it, otherwise its a pile of fluff and not worth getting.

yeah add that too

oocladableeblah
18-03-07, 05:10
I wonder if it will have tin case like re 4 and halo 2.

Clara [CA]
18-03-07, 05:24
A retrospective 40 minutes documentary on Tomb Raider. Documentary made in collaboration with Turner.
All the trailers of Tomb Raider Anniversary will be included.
Retrospective of the best renders, advertisements and posters of Lara through the years.
Anniversary galery : galery which contains artworks, screenshots and renders extracted from the game.
Soundtrack which countains the best musics of Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary. The soundtrack will be illustrated by screenshots.
Are you sure it is for a collector edition ? Because Jason Botta mentioned all of this for the regular version on Games Radar...

Little-Lara
18-03-07, 06:32
this reminds me of the extra dvd I got with my AOD when i preordered it. I still can't believe i paid $55 for AOD :hea: not worth it!!!!!!

AmericanAssassin
18-03-07, 06:42
Hopefully, Tomb Raider: Anniversary Collector's Edition will contain 2 discs with the following content:

Disc 1:
Full Game
Commentary
Unlockables
Trailers

Disc 2:
Making Tomb Raider: Anniversary
A Reimagining "Featurette" Describing the Adaptions from Old to New
Lara Croft: The Ultimate Heroine "Featurette" Describing Lara's Past Conquests
The Music of Tomb Raider: Anniversary "Featurette" Showing Clips of Recording
What the Future Holds "Featurette" Describing Future Plans for the Series
Tomb Raider: Legend: The Lost Levels "Featurette" Showcasing What Could Have Been
Tomb Raider: Legend II Trailer

Naz2000
18-03-07, 07:31
I bet the CE will cost more money won't it.....:(

MakrakaNti
18-03-07, 09:57
Maybe they could also make the CE 18+ so this way there would be 2 TR:AE versions. One-the normal one with no or some blood, and the other one - that comes with the CE a more gory one.
I dunno, just a thought.

Dark Lugia 2
18-03-07, 10:19
It would be awsome if they pu a bounus disc with tomb raider one on it! :D like zelda windwaker, it came wiht oricana of time in some packs ^_^

laralauraxxx
18-03-07, 10:41
i do want to get it but i dont wanna wait for ages so ill probably buy the normal one and buy the collectors ed later on

Mulder the Fox
18-03-07, 11:19
;1654328']Because Jason Botta mentioned all of this for the regular version on Games Radar...

I think he just talked about the audio commentary, which is not the same as this documentary...

paulwork
18-03-07, 12:27
Maybe they could also make the CE 18+ so this way there would be 2 TR:AE versions. One-the normal one with no or some blood, and the other one - that comes with the CE a more gory one.
I dunno, just a thought.

That would be cool. Plus at the same time, EIDO$ can check which of the 2 TRA versions sells the most in sales volumes- the normal TRA or the CE 18+ TRA. Maybe that would influence future TRs too.

Joshorty
18-03-07, 16:12
Will the BEST OF music be on a CD format:(?!?! I know AOD limited edition got that in Europe........doesn't sound like it'd be on a CD format.

Clara [CA]
18-03-07, 16:17
I think he just talked about the audio commentary, which is not the same as this documentary...
That and artworks, and renders and a special bonus which would be a hommage to the whole series. I find it very close. Still, I can be wrong (and I hope I am, I definitely want a collector full of treasures :jmp: ).

I'd *love* that particular thing :D

JoeyEdinburgh
18-03-07, 16:23
Has it been confirmed if TRA and TRA Collectors Edition will be released at the same or at seperate times... I know its so pointless but Im a sucker for buying the special edition tin boxes of games if they have them lol... Dunno why, just kinda like it. Would love something more special for TRA. Tomb Raider 1 was the whole reason I bought a Playstation.... then kinda got hooked on gaming from there lol.

PirateFromPeru
18-03-07, 17:59
I hope the soundtrack is on a cd too. I want to listen to it everywhere. My home stereo, portable cd player, my car (now that would be cool!) If there happens to more updates, let all of us know. :D ;)

Official Croft
18-03-07, 19:53
Hopefully, Tomb Raider: Anniversary Collector's Edition will contain 2 discs with the following content:

Disc 1:
Full Game
Commentary
Unlockables
Trailers

Disc 2:
Making Tomb Raider: Anniversary
A Reimagining "Featurette" Describing the Adaptions from Old to New
Lara Croft: The Ultimate Heroine "Featurette" Describing Lara's Past Conquests
The Music of Tomb Raider: Anniversary "Featurette" Showing Clips of Recording
What the Future Holds "Featurette" Describing Future Plans for the Series
Tomb Raider: Legend: The Lost Levels "Featurette" Showcasing What Could Have Been

Def all of that, that would be awsome!!!!!!:jmp::yah:

Legend of Lara
18-03-07, 19:59
Why release a collector's edition? Why not have the regular game come with those extras, allowing for less frustration when the collector's edition is released a week after the original is released?

Angelus
18-03-07, 20:00
Why release a collector's edition? Why not have the regular game come with those extras, allowing for less frustration when the collector's edition is released a week after the original is released?

Money. ;)

Legend of Lara
18-03-07, 20:11
Money. ;)

And a lot of displeased fans. This used to be a people business .Now it's all about the cash! :mad:

Angelus
18-03-07, 20:15
And a lot of displeased fans. This used to be a people business .Now it's all about the cash! :mad:

Unfortunately, that's very true. :(

mkdfan
18-03-07, 20:24
Sucks there has to be two versions but im still gonna get the collectors edition so i know im not missing anything..

Joshorty
18-03-07, 21:16
This edtion is coming out on the same release date right?

Legend of Lara
18-03-07, 21:18
This edtion is coming out on the same release date right?

Dear God, I hope so.
Please, Eido$, at least give us a CHOICE!

Joshorty
18-03-07, 21:20
It better be then:(

Dingaling
18-03-07, 22:43
It should be. Most Collector's Editions for games do.

TrojanMan
18-03-07, 22:52

It's always been about cash. Video games were never, ever a people business despite what massacred nostalgia you may hold. Business has always about money.

Roddy100
18-03-07, 23:09
From my experience, collector's editions aren't worth the extra cost.

(Unless of course that cost is the same as the standard version).

Thorpe
18-03-07, 23:13
Does anyone know if any UK sites have the Special Edition for pre-order yet? Also, I hope they don't do the Halo 3 style special editions (one edition costs over $100).

AmericanAssassin
19-03-07, 22:39
Does anyone know if any UK sites have the Special Edition for pre-order yet? Also, I hope they don't do the Halo 3 style special editions (one edition costs over $100).

I've searched on both American and European sites and I haven't seen it for pre-order anywhere...

DREWY
20-03-07, 00:50
Wouldn't it be good if the collectors edition had the gold levels from the original - Unfinished Buisiness, for all the loyal PS players that missed out first time around?

Moon-Safari
20-03-07, 01:20
I wonder how much it will be and if its just a ploy to get the classic fans to pay more for basically the same product because eido$ knows that we will. If that's the case, I don't mind as long as its worth it. It better be jam packed with unseen footage and content. I don't want to see videos and trailers and TRC exclusive content that was already released online. This stuff better be good.

Gregori
20-03-07, 01:34
Wouldn't it be good if the collectors edition had the gold levels from the original - Unfinished Buisiness, for all the loyal PS players that missed out first time around?

Wouldn't it be good if it had the original TR game also!

PirateFromPeru
20-03-07, 02:52
I honestly think it would be kinda silly to have the regular version with it too. It just seems pointless to me. :confused:

petujaymz
20-03-07, 14:40
From what I've read here I understand they're being released simultaneously. :confused: Why aren't Eidos postponing the collector's edition for six months to rake in more cash?

belter_21
20-03-07, 19:21
the collectors edition will include some good stuff - details are on the web but posting links not allowed here I think - you will not get Master Chiefs helmet or Lara's boots (hey there's a marketing idea someone will steal) :)

Ward Dragon
20-03-07, 19:32
From my experience, collector's editions aren't worth the extra cost.

(Unless of course that cost is the same as the standard version).

Agreed. Nothing that was described in this thread would make me want to pay an extra $10 for TRA.

PirateFromPeru
20-03-07, 21:02
Since I got plenty of money to spare at the moment, I want the collector's edition a soon as possible. Hopefully it will be released the same day as the regular version. :D

TRloversince96
20-03-07, 22:11
well since i dont have money to spare i hope it isnt too expensive cause i no i'll be buying it.

AmericanAssassin
20-03-07, 22:17
I'm so excited for TRA at the moment that I'd be willing to pay triple, without a second thought, for the collector's edition! :D

Joshorty
20-03-07, 22:18
So is there a fact sheet to this? I remembered someone posting it and I'm wondering where he/she got it from:D

MikeAC
21-03-07, 05:59
Is the Collector's Edition only for PC?

laralauraxxx
21-03-07, 06:56

i wouldnt have thought so seeing as its for only 3 platforms but it wouldnt suprise me if it was only for pc ... we'll have to wait and see;)

JoeyEdinburgh
21-03-07, 08:53
I'm looking forward to this more than my friends etc can comprehend, think they r a bit worried about it lol... 26 and still getting as excited as a kid in a candy store... oh well.

I was looking to pre-order Tomb Raider anniversary but have held off as I want the Collector's Edition and cannot find it anywhere. Has it actually been confirmed. I would hate to spend my money on the game then have to fork out later for collector's edition or even worse still pre-order it and miss out on the collector's edition?!

Telekill
21-03-07, 14:25
I hope it comes in that awesome metal PS2 case like RE4 and MK Arm did. I will definitly be picking up the Special Collector's Edition of this if it's available.

Clara [CA]
21-03-07, 17:47
I saw the pre-order on a French commercial website, and the Collector (with everything Dingaling said on the first page of this thread) costs 54 € (for 49 € for the regular version). They're both annonced for the same day (which is still the 25th May but that can change).

Nope, it seems to be also for PS2.