PDA

View Full Version : Lose the Red Targets!

Moon-Safari
24-03-07, 18:48
I hate those target marks on the enemy. It makes me feel like I'm just shooting at another target instead of at a fierce leopard. It really gets in between me and the animal I'm shooting. I hope there's an option to remove them for the players that don't need our environmental threats to be pointed out to us.

Alex Fly
24-03-07, 18:49
I think they are optional. We don't see them in the trailers ! ;)

Angel_14
24-03-07, 18:49
The red circles only appear in the easy mode, so don't worry ;)

ELEN
24-03-07, 18:53
Didn't like them in Legend. I'm glad they can be turned off in Hard mode.

gtkilla
24-03-07, 18:54
So now that you have your answer, should this thread be closed?

Phlip
24-03-07, 18:56
I don't like those crosshairs either.

So obviously...

Tthe Spirit
24-03-07, 18:57

hope so...

ben croft
24-03-07, 18:59
I really hope the're only in the easy mode. I really do. :eek:

:wve:

YvesSL
24-03-07, 18:59
t makes me feel like I'm just shooting at another target instead of at a fierce leopard. . Okay, Tyra!

Moon-Safari
24-03-07, 19:58
Okay, Tyra!

lol

PirateFromPeru
24-03-07, 20:18
So the red targets ARE optional? Has that been confirmed because I don't like those targets either.

peffect
24-03-07, 20:29

Me neither.

So, they're optional in Anniversary?

thevman
24-03-07, 21:35
I am HOPING the red targets turn off with the clues, shiney stuff and auto-grab in tomb raider mode. Maybe I shood play it in that mode they had in legend that made everything white, no colors or textures. Just to make it harder to see which way to go... ;)

CAISACO
24-03-07, 22:04

How do you know?

Fraaadrik
25-03-07, 00:04
Is it confirmed that the red targets are optional?

I dont mind the targets, I want CD to keep it though. I want to see what Lara is aiming at which can be hard when it's buttons on the wall or 2-3 enemies attacking at the same time.

mkdfan
25-03-07, 00:09
If you dont want crosshairs or targets what do u want?

if u get ure way it would be hard to see what ure aiming at.

Anniversary Lara
25-03-07, 00:10
Where was it confirmed? Could you post the source please?

thevman
25-03-07, 00:14
If you dont want crosshairs or targets what do u want?

if u get ure way it would be hard to see what ure aiming at.

You mean to tell me you can't see lara's arms pointing at the panther? You need a target on it to tell what she's pointing at? :confused:

Lara Croft!
25-03-07, 02:11
Ι always use the automatic shooting in TRs...Does that mean I'll have to bear up with the red targets???They're so un-Tomb Raiderish!

WhosaidAODwasbad
25-03-07, 02:40
Yeah, I don't like them but if Cd gets it right unlike Core sometimes then it should be easy to still switch targets and know who you will be aiming at without the red targets which are too James Bondish to me.

lita212
25-03-07, 02:46
the targets cand indeed be turned off also if you noticed in the 5 min gameplay when lara shoots the wolf you can see blood splurting out aswell as the target so i guess we can say that animals will bleed.

Samsdad
25-03-07, 02:51
TR has always been very dumbed down, with auto_aim, that an aiming reticule is really unnecessary. Now if CD got rid of the auto-aim and quite babying us gamers then it might make sense.

Oh wait a minute, that is the anti-autograb argument. Sorry, can't have consistency in rants can we?

CAISACO
25-03-07, 04:02
the targets cand indeed be turned off also if you noticed in the 5 min gameplay when lara shoots the wolf you can see blood splurting out aswell as the target so i guess we can say that animals will bleed.

The animals will not bleed. You didn't see any blood come from the panther, now did you?
Also, yes, you can choose the red target on or off

lita212
25-03-07, 04:15
yeh from wot i saw when the target comes up there is a lil bit of blood coming from the bottom of the where the target is and it isnt an arrow if its not then i guess im wrong but it hasnt been confirmed that there will be no blood so who knows

thevman
25-03-07, 09:07
TR has always been very dumbed down, with auto_aim, that an aiming reticule is really unnecessary. Now if CD got rid of the auto-aim and quite babying us gamers then it might make sense.

Oh wait a minute, that is the anti-autograb argument. Sorry, can't have consistency in rants can we?

Uh oh, you may have seen why we feel that way about the auto grab, eh??? :mis:

Basically, give us control of lara, I wish they'd stop worrying we'll screw up and not do it right so they have to do it for us. We are intelligent, we can catch on by our mistakes... ;)

interstellardave
25-03-07, 09:11
Auto-grab is one thing, but how can anyone say auto-aim should be gotten rid of? How would that play anything like a Tomb Raider game? No way could anyone run and gun without your guns fixing on a target!

thevman
25-03-07, 09:29
True enough dave, then we'll need a third joystick, one to manuever lara, one to manuever the camera, and one to manuever the guns! :eek: And a third thumb! :yik: Wait a minute, you may have stumbled onto our next evolution, additional thumbs for more controls! :cln: :yah:

ELEN
25-03-07, 10:31
Is it confirmed that the red targets are optional?

The help points (shiny things etc) can be turned off in Hard Mode. Now, if they remove everything from Hard Mode but leave the target, it will seem stupid. So, I guess that the target will be optional too.

Lara_Jack
25-03-07, 11:09
I think most of the stuff you guys have problems with will be optional, CD arent stupid :)

AnthonyShock1515
25-03-07, 11:47
I know, they're absoloutly unnecisary!

Phlip
25-03-07, 11:49
I know, they're absoloutly unnecisary!

:tmb: agree!

btw your sig is great :D

Roddy100
25-03-07, 22:25
They didn't concern me in Legend but I don't think they should be present in Anniversary.

Perhaps there will be an option to toggle them on or off?

silver_wolf
25-03-07, 22:28
whats the point of them? they dont improve accuracy or anything

MattTR
25-03-07, 22:30

:( Sadly there's just CD's way of making the game more fit for new players.. I really hope they get turned off in Med/Hard mode.

silver_wolf
25-03-07, 22:31
that doesnt make sense,there are plenty of games with no giant red targets.

Roddy100
25-03-07, 22:46

The point of them is so you can easily identify which enemy you're currently locked on to and to show their damage level (the colour of the reticule changes as their health decreases.)

silver_wolf
25-03-07, 22:47
that takes away from the suspense. you dont know in real life.