PDA

View Full Version : The real stories thread.

Phlip
31-03-07, 09:27
I've decided to make a thread were we can share stories about anything or what's happened, mabe you've seen something terrifying on TV, or mabe something very funny has happened to you, if you have a story to share, then let us read it.

You don't have to have a story to reply to this thread, you can comment on other peoples.

There is no only two posts per day rule here but the stories must be gripping and interesting. But nothing can be made up!

Here's mine:
On TV I saw this show were this woman had a really rare disease (wich I can't remember what it's called) and what happens is your brain actually shuts down and the body just literally collapses, but, you can actually still feel and hear things, and this old woman was actually pronounced dead because this happened to her (this is a true story) and the doctors didn't know what happened to her.

So, she was put into a morgue.
Dfinition of morgue:
A morgue or mortuary is a building or room (as in a hospital) used for the storage of human remains.

And she actually woke up and her brain started working again, and there was a doctor in the morgue wile she got up, and that doctor just ran out of the room as she said on the interview :vlol:

Then, this happened again, and then again :rolleyes: (and she actually found it humerous) and she was locked in that morgue for thjree days and she lost all sense of time until someone finally found her, before she was pronounced dead because of her rare disease, she was out with his son and a snake came out, so that's what triggered her disease :yik: and she could hear and feel everything when she was on the floor. And she must have been terrified when the doctors pronounced her dead for a third time because ieng in a morgue is freaky! And she was all alone, and she got out of that terrifying place again. This didn't happen again (for a fourth time) because doctors are getting more aware of it.

Something that really scared her was tha fact that in Australian morgues, they FREEZE the bodies :yik::eek::yik: so if that happened in Australia and she was pronounced dead, and she woke up in an Australian morgue, she would have frozen to death http://www.getmesmileys.com/smilies/evilgrin.gif

After seeing that on TV the Devil made me laugh at the fact that she could have been locked in a freezing morgue :vlol::vlol:

Btw, the reason why Austrailian morgues are like freezers is because sinse Australia is a hot country, the bodies need to be kept frozen to prevend smells.

So, do you have any questions, comments or any stories to tell?

Markos
01-04-07, 01:19
Well, my story isn't as good as yours, but it happened to me actually.
In 2005 (May, June I think) I was working in a Account studio (Don't know how you call them in English, but it's a place where an accountant works -when I say accountant, I mean someone who works with numbers and taxes in companies or by itself).
Last week before this story I'm about to tell, one thief had entered to the
studio and locked me and my work partners in the bathroom and messed all the place looking for money. It wasn't a good experience, and one of my partners, who's a girl, felt really bad and shocked.
Anyway, one week after this, the telephone rang at the studio and I picked it up. A guy, speaking quite loud and angrily, told me something about a studio's client, so I really didn't pay attention and pass the call to the accountant. He started to talk to this man, and I realised that my boss' face got entirely pale. He left the phone, and told me that the guy on the phone had kidnapped one of our clients and wanted a reward for his life
My boss was quite nervous and the girl I talked about started to cry.
Well, I didn't want to be a hero, but the only one who could at least speak at that moment was me (and I was only 17 at the time), so I pick the phone and talked to the kidnapper. He want a lot of money (something like 3500 dollars) and I told him that we hadn't that amount, we could only obtain about 400. So he said It was ok, and want me to go to the street.....
Oh, sorry, I've got to go...........I'll finish it later

Legend of Lara
01-04-07, 01:39
In 2003, Sega thought it would be a good idea to make a Sonic anime. It was called Sonic X and was awesome in Japanese. But then, the world's most hated dubbing company, 4kids (dum, dum, DUUUUUUUUM!!!), absolutely murdered Sonic X, cramming in crappy voices, an irrevelant script and a LOT of un-neccerary cuts that made this all into crap. Then it was dubbed into French but instead of turning 30 minute episodes into 5 minute paps, it retained all of the original version's content, making it a sure choice too. The Jap version lasted 2 seasons, with the third only broadcasted in French and English. Many deaths occured in the series but they were covered up in the English version by telling that the doomed characters had just "disappeared". The English version is complete crap and if you must see the anime, watch the Jap version.

That's the only thing I can think of right now. Hey, it's 01:30 over here, I'm tired! :p

Phlip
01-04-07, 11:14
In 2005 (May, June I think) I was working in a Account studio (Don't know how you call them in English, but it's a place where an accountant works -when I say accountant, I mean someone who works with numbers and taxes in companies or by itself).
studio and locked me and my work partners in the bathroom and messed all the place looking for money. It wasn't a good experience, and one of my partners, who's a girl, felt really bad and shocked.
Anyway, one week after this, the telephone rang at the studio and I picked it up. A guy, speaking quite loud and angrily, told me something about a studio's client, so I really didn't pay attention and pass the call to the accountant. He started to talk to this man, and I realised that my boss' face got entirely pale. He left the phone, and told me that the guy on the phone had kidnapped one of our clients and wanted a reward for his life
Well, I didn't want to be a hero, but the only one who could at least speak at that moment was me (and I was only 17 at the time), so I pick the phone and talked to the kidnapper. He want a lot of money (something like 3500 dollars) and I told him that we hadn't that amount, we could only obtain about 400. So he said It was ok, and want me to go to the street.....

Wow that's interesting ! I can't wait to read the rest :jmp:

star girl
01-04-07, 13:37
Dear TRF members,

Back when I was a fresh teenager, I went to visit my cousins in another city. Naturally, all the cousins I had (of my age group) were younger siblings like me) and their older brothers/sisters grouped with my elder sister.

Two war-like forces were created:
The MOD group and the BACCHA group... [Mod = form Modern and Baccha means kid]

The MOD group promised us (baccha group) to take us out for dinner. We had everything, including the support of grown-ups. Many of the Baccha group members had their money with their siblings..... The MOD group promised us that we'll go to a nice local resteraunt together, but what happened... The MOD group sneaked out.... and went alone, without the Baccha group....

We drag the grown-ups out and into their cars... as we drive into the decided rest. we search for the car in the parking lot... Aha! In the corner, where no one likes to park.... We rush into the resteraunt, tongues ready with bitter words, none able to match the bitterful pang we felt in our hearts by their careless betrayal... We find them, in a corner table... The other Baccha group members get their money, and I'm able to taunt them with a powerful line, after which, we return home, to plan... to take action!

We (when come home) take out all the bats/racquets/hockey sticks and make banners like: "Down with MOD group!" and some other original slogans... and when the bell rings... we rush out, banners ready, middle of the night, ambushing them..... and letting the grown-ups decide the case...... One chance is given to them....and since, they've never broken their promise, or messed with the BACCHA group again......

I conclude this story with a helpful saying: "Never break your promises, they might come back to haunt you." Thank you for giving me the chance to share our adventure together.

Yours truly,

star girl
[Ex-President of the Baccha Group]

Phlip
01-04-07, 13:40
Interesting :)

Another Lara
01-04-07, 16:08
Well I don't have any really interesting stories, but I do have one from 2 years ago when I was still at University and I had been put on this archaeological dig in the Caribbean for a month to add towards my training.
We were sent to this really small island in the Grenadines called Carriacou, which has a quite a lot of colonnial history. We were told about some ruins on the otherside of the island to where we were staying where there was an old lime factory (the factories used to be run by Cadbury who produced and shipped lime for their chocolate at the beginning of last century.) and an even older settlement with a stone tower and a fort etc.

Seeing as we got the weekends off, me and three of my friends (two of which were male!) decided that we would go off on our own to try and find these sites and so one Saturday we set out with our map and a compass and our provisions (some sandwiches a chocolate bar and 2 bottles of water each!)...

It would have been a great trip if it weren't for the fact that the dirt track that we were supposed to find -to lead us to the first site and then keep us on track to the next site- had been totally wiped a way by a hurricane that we had sat through the week before, so trees and bushes had been blown onto the path, which took us unknowingly way off course. And due to the men's crappy map reading and their inability to ask directions *:rolleyes: * we found ourselves totally lost when we came to the jungle that made up about 70% of the island! The first few hours were great *this was before we knew we were totally lost obviously!* and we saw some great sites (one being a donkey graveyard-where it seemed donkeys went to die! And some absolutely beautiful views-and we also came across little bits and pieces of old colonnial sites including a huge well! I have photos but unfortunately there were from a camera that took film so I can't post them here!:( )

Anyway, we decided to stay to the coast as close as we could without falling off the edge of the cliffs, and we didn't panic even though we had no idea where we were and even when it was dark, luckily someone had packed a torch though so we could see where we were going.
After nearly 8 hours of wandering and trying to get reception on our phones-to no avail- we decided we would have to put up camp for the night seeing as the torch was running low on battery!

Just as we were looking for a comfortable spot to stop we heard a car at the top of the hill. Our hopes were lifted as we scrambled up the rocks to the top to find we were standing on a dirt track with a small house perched on the end of it. A truck's engine was still running as we warily walked over and started asking for directions. Our hope was dashed when the man in the truck started speaking in a very thick French accent and we went to walk away when a woman came out of the house and walked over to us with a confused look on her face. Then she gave us a sudden look of recognition and started laughing!

Luckily she worked in the shop which was right next to the hotel we had been staying at for the last couple of weeks and so she recoginised us and as she could speak English she translated to her brother how far we had come and where to take us to. The guy was very kind to drop us back off at the hotel and didn't even accept the money we offered in return for the long journey out of his way!

It was a great adventure which I wouldn't trade for anything and even though we didn't get to see the sites that day, the next day our site directors felt sorry for us and took us via Land Rover to all the different sites which were well worth getting lost for!:D

Markos
02-04-07, 00:04

Well, here goes the rest

I went out the studio with an envelope (with the 400 inside) and a cell phone. The kidnapper told me to go to the nearest shop I could find. I went to a little drugstore and he told me to buy phone cards with the money (do you know what phone cards are? well, phone cards are used to phone lines which have a top of use, for example, if you have a phone line that allows you to talk 120 min per month, and you want to talk more than that, you can buy a phone card an charge it to your phone account and that will allow you to keep talking) So I spend the 400 on phone cards (I wish you'd seen the seller's face when I asked him for 400 on phone cards at the same time I was talking by the cell phone:D ). So, the kidnapper want me to pass him all the phone cards codes trough the phone.
At that moment, I started to doubt about what was really happening, I started to think that he was lying to me, that he hadn't kidnapped anyone.
So, in order to prove my theory, I started to walk again to the studio, and meanwhile I kept giving him the phone cards code by the phone.
I realised that the guy didn't know where I was, so I Thought that he'd made up the whole thing, and decided to hang up. Inmediately I came in the studio, and called the police. The kidnapper called again so, I told my boss to keep talking to the police and told them what was going on. The police followed the "supposed kidnapper's" call.......
Oh, sorry again, but I have to watch "lost", I promise next time I'll finish it

Tyrannosaurus
02-04-07, 03:08
Hmmm . . . .

Would it be alright to post a link to a few memoirs I've written?

Phlip
02-04-07, 09:36
Ofcourse :tmb:

star girl
02-04-07, 13:35
That adventure was really nice, Another Lara... :)

Markos... continue it please!!! :D

Tyrannosaurus
02-04-07, 19:30
Here are two memoirs I wrote last semester:

"An Incident Involving a Garden Hose and Some Pastic Dinosaurs":

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41242167/

This is a memoir about why Middle School sucks and why Dinosaurs are superior to humans.

"Half-Born":

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44687125/

"Half-Born" has won first prize for non-fiction in the fourth volume of an award-winning student-run journal of arts and literature at my college. Less than one percent of the entries were even accepted, so I feel honored. It was originally entitled "The Memoir I Don't Want You to Read". I literally didn't want anyone to read it. This is the original version; the new version is a bit more condensed and streamlined, but nothing's lost.

Markos
03-04-07, 02:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos

Well, here goes the rest

I went out the studio with an envelope (with the 400 inside) and a cell phone. The kidnapper told me to go to the nearest shop I could find. I went to a little drugstore and he told me to buy phone cards with the money (do you know what phone cards are? well, phone cards are used to phone lines which have a top of use, for example, if you have a phone line that allows you to talk 120 min per month, and you want to talk more than that, you can buy a phone card an charge it to your phone account and that will allow you to keep talking) So I spend the 400 on phone cards (I wish you'd seen the seller's face when I asked him for 400 on phone cards at the same time I was talking by the cell phone ). So, the kidnapper want me to pass him all the phone cards codes trough the phone.
At that moment, I started to doubt about what was really happening, I started to think that he was lying to me, that he hadn't kidnapped anyone.
So, in order to prove my theory, I started to walk again to the studio, and meanwhile I kept giving him the phone cards code by the phone.
I realised that the guy didn't know where I was, so I Thought that he'd made up the whole thing, and decided to hang up. Inmediately I came in the studio, and called the police. The kidnapper called again so, I told my boss to keep talking to the police and told them what was going on. The police followed the "supposed kidnapper's" call.......
Oh, sorry again, but I have to watch "lost", I promise next time I'll finish it

Well, there's no much story left, so here goes the end.
The "supposed kidnappesr's" call came from a prision. Yes, you're reading right, a prision, so It was impossible that they had someone kidnapped. Finally we could contact the client that we thought was in danger, and he was absolutely fine. The police told us that prisioners do that "virtual kidnapping" in order to get phone cards so they can communicate to their "bands" outside and command them from the prision (because usually the boss gets caught and tries to keep leading his band from a cell).
So, I spent 400 in phone cards to save someone that actually wasn't in danger. From that day (there were a lot of cases just like this one, though), now in my country, everytime you recieve a phone call from a prision, telephone companies must aware you of that (when you pick up the phone a female voice says: "Esta llamada proviene de un centro de detención" 'This call comes from a detention center').
Well, that's it, hope you enjoined it ('cause I didn't :D)

star girl
03-04-07, 10:07
^ :vlol: Hell man, we did! :D Nice story... :D :D

Phlip
03-04-07, 11:02
Yeah great story :D

Cord_Croft
03-04-07, 11:13
@ Markos - great story, loved it! :D

Markos
03-04-07, 12:13
^ Hell man, we did! Nice story...
Yeah great story
@ Markos - great story, loved it!

Thanks everyone! Do you think I should write a novel? (hehe, just kidding)

Phlip
03-04-07, 21:33
These are really good stories :tmb:

Shame I don't really have any good ones left :(