PDA

View Full Version : My opinion of this forum and it's members.

dream raider
01-04-07, 16:28
I decided to get a bit personal. At the beginning I liked nearly everyone but now I'm starting to dislike more people and more. The behaviour, disrespectful, spoilt, how can I say this... You just don't get enough, you want more, more, more and more. Selfish, immature. This is not for all the members. Alex Fly, for example is respectful and a good person at least in the forum. Rivendell too. Many others. I decided to name two people only. All this about Anniversary can reveal more about the members, their reactions to things... I'm sure many people don't like me either but I don't have a problem with that. If anyone takes this offensive please close this thread and ban me, after all I was only stating my opinion. What is your opinion of this forum and it's members?

Trigger_happy
01-04-07, 16:31
I think this forums great, though occasionally, we can all get a bit grumpy, though, that only really seems to happen in the TRA section. Oh how fickle we are!

tr_mitch
01-04-07, 16:32
Well for starters everybody's different, not only on a forum... but the world in general and your always going to get 'Selfish' and 'immature' people, no matter where you are.

CuteKittenlol
01-04-07, 16:34
Yeah, I think this forum is great. It's really friendly.

Many of the members are friendly too, I have made loads of good friends here. :) But, you do get the odd one or two that make you think "Meh".

dream raider
01-04-07, 16:35
Well for starters everybody's different, not only on a forum... but the world in general and your always going to get 'Selfish' and 'immature' people, no matter where you are.

It's frustrating for me, I seriously have a headache right now. People just don't understand how their behaviour can affect those around them. Just imagine we all met outside the net, is this how we would behave? Of course not. Very stubborn and ignorant members we have here and I think that the Moderators are too soft with everyone, maybe it's because they are like them. I don't know. After all maybe I'm the only different one in here, maybe I should be selfish, stobborn, ignorant, spoilt and disrespectful.

dream raider
01-04-07, 16:36
Yeah, I think this forum is great. It's really friendly.

Many of the members are friendly too, I have made loads of good friends here. :) But, you do get the odd one or two that make you think "Meh".

Indeed. I guess that is what is keeping me here.

Cord_Croft
I'm agreeing with Alex on this one, I've made some really great friends on here (you all know who you are :hug:) But it's like everywhere in life, there's always going to be people that annoy you, the ones who are selfish, the ones who are immature, and I suppose online forums aren't any different...

AnthonyShock1515
Don't worry about it, I feel like that a lot, but at the end of the day, nobody here can have a physical influence on your life.

Its not as bad in TRAE thread because people are just hungry for media, but general chat, everything is personal.

Janny
01-04-07, 16:37
Me likey this thread, now we can see a little honesty about people's opinions on TRF.
I'm with Dream Raider on this, the forum was awesome at first, but things have changed sadly, and so have the people. But I just ignore the selfish and full of ego members, all in all it is one of the friendliest forums, but things were better in the past.
I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked by some mod sooner or later, proof that TRF has changed since topics were rarely closed when someone stated the bad side of the forum.

scion05
01-04-07, 16:38
This forum's great :)
There's a few stuck up ****s who act like they're above you, because
of their mod title :rolleyes:
But most people here are brilliant :) I like practically everyone.
But the new anniversary media has revealed a few blemishes in some
peoples personalities :)

Mona Sax
01-04-07, 16:40
Very stubborn and ignorant members we have here and I think that the Moderators are too soft with everyone, maybe it's because they are like them.
Maybe we don't intervene unless somebody violates the T&C in some way. Maybe when you're a bit older you'll understand that different people have different opinions, and it's okay to disagree. It's what makes TRF a discussion board. Why should everybody have to agree with you? Honestly, by complaining about others, calling them ignorant and insulting them, you don't make a very mature impression either.

tr_mitch
01-04-07, 16:40
It's frustrating for me, I seriously have a headache right now. People just don't understand how their behaviour can affect those around them. Just imagine we all met outside the net, is this how we would behave? Of course not. Very stubborn and ignorant members we have here and I think that the Moderators are too soft with everyone, maybe it's because they are like them. I don't know. After all maybe I'm the only different one in here, maybe I should be selfish, stobborn, ignorant, spoilt and disrespectful.

But you are going to have to get used to it, throughout life your going to meet people who 'give you headaches' and generally just get on your nerves, what you have to do is just push on past it and ignore it, people are not going to change for you so you just have to get on with it.

Cord_Croft
01-04-07, 16:42
peoples personalities

Personally I think a game ruining your attitude and makes it turn people against you because of that is really pathetic. I suppose some people have to act upon others opinions, causing fall outs.

dream raider
01-04-07, 16:44

I don't understand what people want anymore. They asked for:
* Complex levels (not Linear) and Crystal D give them that and multiple ways to complete a level. The levels are even bigger.

* Exploration. That's what Crystal D are giving them, with a hige environment to go wherever they want. They are also free to do as they wish and the grapple gives that option.

* Manual Grab.

* Lara adds more effort.

* More grunting.

* Hard game.

* Bigger jumps.

* Threatening animals. Like the bear and the wolves, they just give you the creeps.

* No black outs.

* No prompts ot tutorials, guides whatever you call them. You know those things that show you where to go next or how to do it. This time you have to find out what to do. For example there was Zip to tell us what to do. There was that thing telling you that something is grappable or when she doesn't grab a ledge well you have to press interact. They are not in Anniversary... The feeling of isolation.

* You ask for Tomb Raider and that is what they provide you with but that is not enough...

dream raider
01-04-07, 16:50
Maybe we don't intervene unless somebody violates the T&C in some way. Maybe when you're a bit older you'll understand that different people have different opinions, and it's okay to disagree. It's what makes TRF a discussion board. Why should everybody have to agree with you? Honestly, by complaining about others, calling them ignorant and insulting them, you don't make a very mature impression either.

I'm not upset because no one agrees with me. Instead of suggesting they complain. Instead of "Do you think it's appropriate that..." they say "I want...!!! Why don't they...!!!".

I didn't mean to give wrong impressions, neither giving the impression that I'm immature.

ace_85
01-04-07, 16:50
Not all of us are complaining. I liked Legend, but agree that it wasn't much of a TR game; take Lara out of the equation, and you were left looking at a fairly generic action platformer game. However, I'm thrilled with the changes that CD have made for TRA. They seem to have addressed at least 90% of the major issues that were highlighted after Legend's release. The problem we have atm is that the people who are happy with what they see are pretty much the same people who are happy enough to keep quiet about it. The majority of the negative threads being created in the Anniversary section don't necessarily represent how everybody feels about the game.

dream raider
01-04-07, 16:56
Ace 85 it's not only about Legend and Anniversary but from there you can understand how people are... I'm not saying everyone is complaining. Crystal D try their best to make the old fans approve of them but the "fans" are pushing them down as seep as possible. I agree that Legend wasn't like the classic Tomb Raider games, it was different style, look, everything was refurbished. It wasn't bad at all, Legend was what Tomb Raider evolved to be but Anniversary is giving the old feeling back. the classic feel.

Mona Sax
01-04-07, 16:57
I'm not upset because no one agrees with me. Instead of suggesting they complain. Instead of "Do you think it's appropriate that..." they say "I want...!!! Why don't they...!!!".

I didn't mean to give wrong impressions, neither giving the impression that I'm immature.
Not telling people what they can and cannot post would be a good start. If you want respect, you have to respect other people in return. Tell us your opinion on the game and support it with arguments instead of attacking others for daring to not like what they've seen so far - by doing that, you're complaining just as much as they are.

Catlantean
01-04-07, 16:59
Wherever you have a large number of people with a freedom to express their opinions, there will be disagreements, complaining, whining etc. TRF has over 20 000 members and it's unrealistic to expect everyone to like everything and always agree with everyone. We're people, not smile-bots. It doesn't make the forums a bad place.

dream raider
01-04-07, 17:00
Not telling people what they can and cannot post would be a good start. If you want respect, you have to respect other people in return. Tell us your opinion on the game and support it with arguments instead of attacking others for daring to not like what they've seen so far - by doing that, you're complaining just as much as they are.

That is what I was doing until now, but as I said before some people are selfish and do things for their own selves and ignore the others. But don't you find it insulting... The way they talk about Crystal Dynamics like they are some sort of robots and not humans with feelings.

dream raider
01-04-07, 17:01
Wherever you have a large number of people with a freedom to express their opinions, there will be disagreements, complaining, whining etc. TRF has over 20 000 members and it's unrealistic to expect everyone to like everything and always agree with everyone. It doesn't make the forums a bad place.

The fact is they hardly agree. The forum is filled with negative posts which reflects the feelings towards the other members, with more positive posts we would have a nice less-tensed environment in the forum. But you are right, there are so many members that we can't control what they post. There is no balance between positive and negative.

xcrushterx
01-04-07, 17:02
I like (most) of the members of this forum. There isn't any specific reason for why I dislike the others, I just do. Instead of disliking people because their opinion disagrees with yours, or they seem to selfish, you could either approach the matter in a mature way and deal with it, or simply ignore it. It's not possible to go through life and not come accross someone who you just can't stand. With that said, it's very likely out of all the members who come here everyday, you are bound to come accross some of them :)

Geck-o-Lizard
01-04-07, 17:02
They can say what they like as long as they stay within the T&C. Don't be so senstive about people expressing their distaste. If you spot anyone deliberately violating T&C or causing arguments, report their posts.

dream raider
01-04-07, 17:04
I like (most) of the members of this forum. There isn't any specific reason for why I dislike the others, I just do. Instead of disliking people because their opinion disagrees with yours, or they seem to selfish, you could either approach the matter in a mature way and deal with it, or simply ignore it. It's not possible to go through life and not come accross someone who you just can't stand. With that said, it's very likely out of all the members who come here everyday, you are bound to come accross some of them :)

That is not what I'm trying to show here. That would make me selfish. I just want a positive forum where we can discuss and suggest instead of argue and demand.

Reggie
01-04-07, 17:05
I know I have done my fair share of complaining and I don't know whether I have caused irritation to anyone by that but I know that I learnt about myself and became more enlightened on things as a result.

Its far easier for me to see both sides now but unfrotunately Dream Raider, some people still cling to the hope of a Core style Tomb Raider game (basically old school Tomb Raider brought to modern standards). Its hard for anyone who has been a long term fan to come to terms that Tomb Raider has been revolutionised most likely permanently.

I'd be verging on hypocracy to criticise those complain and lets face it, it is a discussion board and some will always be more vocal than others.

Well, that's my view on everything that's happened with myself and the forums in the past week.

xcrushterx
01-04-07, 17:06
That is not what I'm trying to show here. That would make me selfish. I just want a positive forum where we can discuss and suggest instead of argue and demand.
It wouldn't be a proper forum if everything was positive. Even with the low negativity that's floating around we all get on really well with each other. If a member dislikes a member, then so be it. There's really nothing you can do.

Assassino
01-04-07, 17:08

I agree:)

Mona Sax
01-04-07, 17:09
That is what I was doing until now, but as I said before some people are selfish and do things for their own selves and ignore the others. But don't you find it insulting... The way they talk about Crystal Dynamics like they are some sort of robots and not humans with feelings.
Just as selfish as people who can't bear the thought that others could dislike something they love. If it gets too ugly, we intervene (check tlr online's statement on this).
The fact is they hardly agree. The forum is filled with negative posts which reflects the feelings towards the other members, with more positive posts we would have a nice less-tensed environment in the forum. But you are right, there are so many members that we can't control what they post. There is no balance between positive and negative.
Sure. I wish there'd be more positive posts, too (that doesn't mean people should not say when they don't like something, it's just the way it should be said). But that's something we have to initiate by being more positive ourselves, not by attacks or censorship.

Draco
01-04-07, 17:09
This forum is unique in that it achieves a level of zen most forums never even attempt to attain.

dream raider
01-04-07, 17:11
It wouldn't be a proper forum if everything was positive. Even with the low negativity that's floating around we all get on really well with each other. If a member dislikes a member, then so be it. There's really nothing you can do.

It wouldn't be proper if everything was positive but is it proper for everthing to be negative? I decided to see if the eidos forum for Tomb Raider Anniversary was positive or negative but then I see a thread saying "Why is Lara wearing her backpack and her classic outfit when she's in the house" (the part where she talks with Larson) and I was just surprised... After all both forums are alike, sort of...

xcrushterx
01-04-07, 17:12
It wouldn't be proper if everything was positive but is it proper for everthing to be negative? I decided to see if the eidos forum for Tomb Raider Anniversary was positive or negative but then I see a thread saying "Why is Lara wearing her backpack and her classic outfit when she's in the house" (the part where she talks with Larson) and I was just surprised... After all both forums are alike, sort of...
I never said that it was OK for everything to be negative. What I meant was that there has to some sort of balance ;)

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-04-07, 17:16
The forum is filled with negative posts which reflects the feelings towards the other members

I beg to differ. This is one of the best forums I've ever been to, and I'm not just saying that. If it wasn't, I wouldn't still be here. I used to belong to a different forum (not related to TR in any way) and you wouldn't believe what kind of replies you'd get on your posts. Senseless insults and rude remarks. Way worse than any of the negativity I've seen here.

You guys are spoiled.

Legend of Lara
01-04-07, 17:20
I don't like members who constantly whine about Natla being ugly in TRA. :mad:

Geck-o-Lizard
01-04-07, 17:21
Natla's always been ugly. :cln:

Anubis_AF
01-04-07, 17:28
You guys are spoiled.

Spot on :tmb:

MissCroft!
01-04-07, 17:29
Natla's always been ugly. :cln:

yop:D

I don´t really know many people here...but I like this forum for now:)

dream raider
01-04-07, 17:30

She is supposed to be an alien. Again, did they want her to be some sort of fashion model? She is very aristocratic with some sort of strange beauty.

Betal
01-04-07, 17:31
This forum is pretty cool but I get tired on reading 1000 Crystal complains every day. Or maybe even 2000.

Titanium
01-04-07, 17:32

Really, like who? I mean I have disagreed with quite a few moderator decisions in the past but thats natural. But I can make mistakes and so can the moderators/admins. :)

Of course chances are your going to dislike someone at some point and disagree with what they say but thats normal. Compared to some forums you can browse this has one of the nicest communities around. :)

dream raider
01-04-07, 17:36
This forum is pretty cool but I get tired on reading 1000 Crystal complains every day. Or maybe even 2000.

Yes, that is what I'm feeling.

MiCkiZ88
01-04-07, 17:40
You guys are spoiled.

ouch how true..

This is a forum after all. Should we just shut up and wait for the game with puppydog eyes? And after that be dissapointed for not giving suggestions of what they should've done.

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-04-07, 17:56
Really, like who? I mean I have disagreed with quite a few moderator decisions in the past but thats natural. But I can make mistakes and so can the moderators/admins. :)

Let's not mention names. If you have disagreements with some people, fine. But this better not turn into a direct attack on any of our members or staff.

MakrakaNti
01-04-07, 17:59
Suggestions is one thing, but making countless threads to complain about things that have already been mentioned and discussed is another.
I'm not saying this is a bad forum, it's a very good one actually. But nothing and nobody's perfect so there's always place for improvement. And since people can express their opinions on the games, people should be able to express their opinions about the forum itself.
So again, this is a good forum, but I think that there are a few people that make lots of unnecessary threads just to draw attention to themselves. But that's just my opinion!

Lavinder
01-04-07, 18:02
I must admit that I preferred the forum when I first joined. I like it now - although I do feel the mods are after me 24/7 :p But that is probably just paranoia..

da tomb raider!
01-04-07, 18:02
I think these forums and the members within it are awesome. I do argue and disagree with some sometimes, but hey, that's what a chat leads to sometimes, I don't hold and grudges to anyone. I have thought about leaving here from time to time, simply because sometimes I can't say something negative about something without someone moaning about me doing it. Still, I got used to it, and I guess now I'm here to stay. :p

Anubis_AF
01-04-07, 18:03
Let's not mention names. If you have disagreements with some people, fine. But this better not turn into a direct attack on any of our members or staff.

Agree. But we always accept criticism, within limits.

walk_man
01-04-07, 18:07
I think its great ! Tho a little frustrating at times.

Alive_and_Funky
01-04-07, 18:11
I must admit that I preferred the forum when I first joined. I like it now - although I do feel the mods are after me 24/7 :p But that is probably just paranoia..
Yeah, all the cameras the mods have invested directly for following your (yep, all eyes on you) every whereabouts on the forum is just paranoia. :)

As for the topic at hand, hm... Well, I suppose the moaning does get on my nerves a teeny weeny bit (I'm perfectly fine with constructive criticism though), but I'd much rather that than suffer the absolutely horrid attitudes from some people on other forums.
Anyway, if everything they say helps make the game better in the end, I suppose I win. :D

Agent 47
01-04-07, 18:18

i'm sorry but i think that's a little unfair

from what i've seen the mods are fine,and not little hitlers

i don't know who every single mod is, but Rivendell & Mona are down to earth regular people, even the admin

*it's the avatars, easily recognisable lol...they stand out*

point is i think a swipe at the mods is a bit low

as for the forum, it's very well run IMO, the people in charge don't censor anti Core or anti Crystal views (unlike a forum i won't mention, that is bash Core at will but but be nice to Crystal) :(

this is a very fair and even handed board :)

Titanium
01-04-07, 18:22
Can I just say my post was not an attack on any of the mods encase anyone thought that. :)

Phlip
01-04-07, 18:30
I like this forum and it's members, excapt one Mod tho :whi:

And I have some really good friends here aswell.

Hyper_Crazy
01-04-07, 18:32
All the mods here do a great job, and I don't have problems with any of them, but maybe they have problems with me...:D

Phlip
01-04-07, 18:37
Yes, I have a problem with a mod and I think he has a problem with me.

tampi
01-04-07, 18:38
It is true that some members are excessively "critical." In my opinion, too.
But the other ones, @dream raider, like Mona says, they should also show their other points of view
and to make that the whole group is harmonious.
You look @dream raider, the world is full of valleys and mountains, and the first are not anything without the second. :)

:cool: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/tampico_album/varias/th_FljC3B3tsdalur.jpg (http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/tampico_album/varias/FljC3B3tsdalur.jpg) :cool: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/tampico_album/varias/th_valle_glaciar_somiedo.jpg (http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/tampico_album/varias/valle_glaciar_somiedo.jpg):cool:

tr_mitch
01-04-07, 18:41
he world is full of valleys and mountains, and the first are not anything without the second. :)
[Pictures]

LMAO. Tampi i love your posts! :D

tampi
01-04-07, 18:44
Thanks a lot tr mitch :cln: :D

Neteru
01-04-07, 18:45
What is oh so interesting about this thread is the things complained about do not occur in the Mature section. Why? Because we're all adults.

It is the members who make a board, so whilst we adults have a damn good laugh in the Mature section, the kids are all miserable and complaining elsewhere, and typically directing their fury toward the authority figures - the mods. Funny that.

Hyper_Crazy
01-04-07, 18:47
Remember, it isn't all of us, some of us 'kids' on the forums can be quite mature, not all of us though...

Reggie
01-04-07, 18:48
Enough of the "Us and Them" already.

Hyper_Crazy
01-04-07, 18:50
Enough of the "Us and Them" already.

Have it your way then.

Greenkey2
01-04-07, 18:50
The forum has grown enormously over the past few years. With more members come more arguements and disagreements, but also more good friends and interesting disscussions!

The best way to tackle negativity is to invest more in the positive side of things - not stoop to attacking or finger-pointing at people who 'let the team down'.

Lost_Raider
01-04-07, 18:56
I decided to get a bit personal. At the beginning I liked nearly everyone but now I'm starting to dislike more people and more. The behaviour, disrespectful, spoilt, how can I say this... You just don't get enough, you want more, more, more and more. Selfish, immature. This is not for all the members. Alex Fly, for example is respectful and a good person at least in the forum. Rivendell too. Many others. I decided to name two people only. All this about Anniversary can reveal more about the members, their reactions to things... I'm sure many people don't like me either but I don't have a problem with that. If anyone takes this offensive please close this thread and ban me, after all I was only stating my opinion. What is your opinion of this forum and it's members?

At least you wasn't here when Legend was just released...now that's a riot :D

Ths is just the begining...sit back and enjoy the fun ;)

Reggie
01-04-07, 18:59
Have it your way then.

HC, that's another way of me saying "I agree with you". People need to stop dividing members into two camps like

Kids/Adults
Core fans/Crystal fans
Members/Moderators & Admins.
How on earth can generalisations and comparisons like that possibly be accurate?

The solution to the whole problem is to stop this kind of attitude and just accept each person for who they are. Not what they are.

tweetygwee
01-04-07, 19:00
Remember, it isn't all of us, some of us 'kids' on the forums can be quite mature, not all of us though...

Good point. I can see why the mature forum was created, with so many immature members around. You can't just tar all the kids with the same brush though, some on here are as mature as any adult. I don't see any problem with the mods. None are power mad or anything, and most are as friendly (if not friendlier) than the ordinary members.

Hybrid Soldier
01-04-07, 19:08

Exactly what i was going to say.

Agent 47
01-04-07, 19:12
HC, that's another way of me saying "I agree with you". People need to stop dividing members into two camps like

Kids/Adults
Core fans/Crystal fans
Members/Moderators & Admins.
How on earth can generalisations and comparisons like that possibly be accurate?

The solution to the whole problem is to stop this kind of attitude and just accept each person for who they are. Not what they are.

some times people fall into a category by chance,for example....i'm proud to be a Core fan, but i won't Crystal for the sake of it

yes i really did not like Legend, but TR A is shaping up very well i won't deny it, but i refuse bash Crystal without a valid reason :)

i don't think there is a "them and us" culture here to be honest

Sedge
01-04-07, 19:12
What can I say..

Cases argue, not the people! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/engel/angel-smiley-018.gif

Let's use :gay: -sign and be gay forever. Period.

Izzie404
01-04-07, 19:16
:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay: God, I'm so happy... :D

Yuna´s Wish
01-04-07, 19:17
I love when the little war starts :) It makes the forums much more fun! Each member is unique here, and there are surely some problems, but well...:p

tweetygwee
Let's use :gay: -sign and be gay forever. Period.

You really do stick up for the old meaning of the word don't you! :vlol:

Forwen
What is interesting in the eye of a bystander (me) about the TRA section is the percentage of peace-making posts as compared to the amount of actual ontopic discussion. People spend 20 minutes building tension and then a few hours sorting out what happened during that time. Sigh all you want, TRF community has some sort of self-repairing mechanism built in, and it seems to activate on instant. Flame wars? Negativity? You people are spoilt. And maybe a bit too serious about a game. Meanwhile, TRF seems to be going strong :wve:

CuteKittenlol
01-04-07, 19:19
I suppose some people have to act upon others opinions, causing fall outs.
Exactly.
Like some people think they're right and everyone else is wrong. That's what causes many huge arguments.

tampi
01-04-07, 19:22
Good point. I can see why the mature forum was created, with so many immature members around........

I don't think this.

I do not consider to anybody immature.
I think that each one is as is.

I come here to know on Lara, and because I believe that there is very good people. Nothing else.
I do not see anybody “dangerous excessively”.

I want that @Aurimas open a new secret thread :jmp: :jmp: (is a joke :D )

illuminati30
01-04-07, 19:25
It's a public forum. You are not going to like everyone i am afraid. You just need to accept it, and let the mods do their job.

Cord_Croft
01-04-07, 19:28
It's a public forum. You are not going to like everyone i am afraid. You just need to accept it, and let the mods do their job.

Exactly. They're here for a reason, without them I'm sure this forum would just fall apart, and there needs to be some people to keep it in order.
When people complain about the mods, they should remember that they get less and less respect. Seriously, people should stop moaning about them and just let them get on with their job!

NightWish
01-04-07, 19:30
Personally I think that this forum is very fun! Of course there r people I dislike but u ant win it all.

Sir Croft
01-04-07, 19:32

I agree with you. You're one of the lot of members I like here. :hug:
But there are some people I don't like here, of course.

domina
01-04-07, 19:34
There are certainly some members here who are sometimes just flat-out rude, but on the whole, I do think this is a pretty nice community, particularly given the size. I'm not going to say that I don't find the Legend/Anniversary/Crystal Dynamics bashing annoying at times, but when it comes to actual discussion, most people seem to be pretty polite. They may disagree, but it's a forum. People talk. People have different opinions. You don't have to be best friends with everyone or even get their point of view to be civil, and I think TRF has that understanding.

Has anyone ever been to the deviantART forums? I used to frequent those a few years ago, and let me tell you: Most people there are *******s. I would guess that it's roughly the same size as TRF, maybe a little larger, maybe a little smaller, but the aura of the community is just generally very negative. Maybe that's because there are less restrictions regarding swearing and the like, but it's just very hostile.

illuminati30
01-04-07, 19:35
The majority of people who are here are fine. Those who are not, usually leave, or are not experienced in the way of this forum, or using forums in general. If someone says or does something out of place, people are quick to put them im their place. Infact the forum is full of members trying to behave as moderators at times, when basically they should allow them with the designated duty to do the job. Part of life is getting on with people we do not like. There have been people here i do not like, and i have watched the forum change them into people who are able to come on and debate, giving their point of view without offense, so think of it that way also. People change when they come here. I know to an extent i have also.

It is about being mature, and i hate to say it, but this thread is not.

Izzie404
01-04-07, 19:40
I love everyone this
<================================================== =====>
much :D

jjbennett
01-04-07, 20:05
What is oh so interesting about this thread is the things complained about do not occur in the Mature section. Why? Because we're all adults.

It is the members who make a board, so whilst we adults have a damn good laugh in the Mature section, the kids are all miserable and complaining elsewhere, and typically directing their fury toward the authority figures - the mods. Funny that.

I thought that mate, maybe this is showing the culture of "emoism" or just people spending too long on the internet with nothing or the drive to do anything else.

I will give everyone an equal chance as i hope people do me but I'm afraid this 'aint a perfect world/forum.

Of course you get the arrogant little tits and people say things that annoy you, like in real life, its just on a forum where your not face to face people can complain and type what they feel without the worry of face to face confrontation.

In short (and this is completely my personal view so take it how you like) i reckon that people just need to grow up and get over themselves. And thats to both ends, the provokers and the complainers.

If things really do bug you then don't come on here, its not hard to not type an address into the browser. In saying that though peoples fun shouldn't be spoilt by others.

Swings and roundabouts guys.

J.

Agent 47
01-04-07, 20:06
The majority of people who are here are fine. Those who are not, usually leave, or are not experienced in the way of this forum, or using forums in general. If someone says or does something out of place, people are quick to put them im their place. Infact the forum is full of members trying to behave as moderators at times, when basically they should allow them with the designated duty to do the job. Part of life is getting on with people we do not like. There have been people here i do not like, and i have watched the forum change them into people who are able to come on and debate, giving their point of view without offense, so think of it that way also. People change when they come here. I know to an extent i have also.

It is about being mature, and i hate to say it, but this thread is not.

i'll be honest, i know exactly what the mods/admins have to go though, it's not exactly any easy job by any means....people might think it is but it's not, they don't want to be too harsh and they don't want to be too lax either...i have the benefit of knowing what it's like from both sides of the fence (having 2 boards myself) it can be stressful from time to time.

in all fairness this is probably the politest forum i've ever been on as a normal member, yes people have opposing views, but for the most part everyone is friendly enough

i don't see eye to eye with Mad Tony regarding consoles but he's a decent enough in other threads :) :D

but that's what forums are.....a place to debate,have good convo's share idea's etc etc....but from time to time disagreements occur, that's forum life :jmp:

dream raider
01-04-07, 20:26
I agree with you. You're one of the lot of members I like here. :hug:
But there are some people I don't like here, of course.

Aw, thanks:hug:. Thank you all for posts. I'm actually relieved and less tensed now...:)

Little-Lara
01-04-07, 20:27

:vlol: :vlol: OMGosh U'r right. Soo weird. I personally feel that respect is the most important thing----- respect for other ppl's opinions/comments.

Deamonella
01-04-07, 20:39
You're so right dream raider.Some people around here could really give headache.I respect other people's opinions.You don't need to like something as much as i do,but at least treat it with some respect.It's obvious that all this negativity comes because of Legend.I really liked that game,and i definitely don't enjoy seeing the "notorious Legend Lara" bashed a million of times in Fan Art.:(

Bullethail
01-04-07, 20:47

I dunno... some of the members here are quite responsible and mature. Don't put the same label on all of us!

viper456
01-04-07, 20:58
can i just say that i have never visited another forum where the Mods/Admins have actually been as fair as here.

Bonez
01-04-07, 21:06

I think the term 'kids' is used far to vaguely there. Not all of us are immature, there are some very mature teenagers.

I am 15, and I hate being referenced to as a child or.. baby goat. :p Seriously, I don't think we should all be grouped as kids, because were not. I would say young adults is better. (imo)

mau3genius
01-04-07, 21:07

I see the "point" of the thread has been deviated from its original purpose :tea:
I love this forum, but after Legend was released it became a bit... Umm, how can I say this... boring maybe? I still love it, don't get me wrong, but all those arguments and discussions that get us to nowhere are kinda annoying.
Of course you can dislike some members here (in my case, something like the 1,5% of them xD) but you don't have to let it affect you.
This is a huge community and there's plenty of space for all of us, and there are thousands of threads and sections where you can have a good time If you're tired of something in particular of some member or subforum or whatever :p

AmericanAssassin
01-04-07, 21:08
I hope you like me. :(

Angel666
01-04-07, 21:11
For me, the good outweighs the bad. I've joined bunches of forums but this one and one other are the only ones that I visit regularly. And I like you American Assasin. :hug: I haven't spoken to you much but you seem like a good person. :)

AmericanAssassin
01-04-07, 21:13
For me, the good outweighs the bad. I've joined bunches of forums but this one and one other are the only ones that I visit regularly. And I like you American Assasin. :hug: I haven't spoken to you much but you seem like a good person. :)

Thanx. :hug: You're nice too and I love your avatar! :D

tr_mitch
01-04-07, 21:17
can i just say that i have never visited another forum where the Mods/Admins have actually been as fair as here.

That's because you've never visited any other forum. LOL. XD

viper456
01-04-07, 21:18
That's because you've never visited any other forum. LOL. XD

wouldnt of said it if i hadnt! *HISS*

Geck-o-Lizard
01-04-07, 21:20
Just a point that should be mentioned, in response to the mod-hate going on...

Mods only ever take action when someone is breaking the ToS. They do not act out of spite or on the spur of the moment, and we all keep an eye on each other to make sure we toe the line we've drawn. Negative comments do not break our ToS, and as such we will not take action against people for speaking their mind unless it gets to a stage where it's actually disruptive - it hasn't reached there yet, though some individuals have already received bans and warnings for their attitude whilst posting criticisms. Basically, it's not what you say but the way that you say it...

And as for corrupt/unfair/fascist moderators... anyone who thinks this is the case should go and visit just about any other forum on the 'net to see how unique the staff here are in their fairness and good sense. We're human, we make mistakes, but we aren't even close to being the monsters you seem to think we are. The only way to see our bad side is to disregard the rules of conduct we wrote for you to abide by.

-DEBUG
01-04-07, 21:23
I'm hoping I'm quiet enough and inconspicuous enough to not be disliked :wve:

Kamrusepas
01-04-07, 21:24
I beg to differ. This is one of the best forums I've ever been to, and I'm not just saying that. If it wasn't, I wouldn't still be here. I used to belong to a different forum (not related to TR in any way) and you wouldn't believe what kind of replies you'd get on your posts. Senseless insults and rude remarks. Way worse than any of the negativity I've seen here.

Same here. I've been a member of forums where there was a very small group of people, they were the only ones who ever said anything, if a newbie tried to say a word, he got flamed. Mods were dictators, if your post was even remotely off-topic, it got deleted in a heartbeat. A simple sensible question was answered with flames and shouts.

I'm sorry but she just looks so inhuman. I'm not constantly whining about this, I mentioned it once on the Anniversary forum.

Angel666
01-04-07, 21:27
Thanx. :hug: You're nice too and I love your avatar! :D

Aw, shucks. :) You just made my day. :D

MiCkiZ88
01-04-07, 21:28
I hope you like me. :(

Is there a special reason why I shouldn't like you :confused: You're a great member :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
01-04-07, 21:29
Is there a special reason why I shouldn't like you :confused: You're a great member :tmb:

Well, I've been told, on several occassions, that I'm a negative person and I bring down the happy moods in the forums... :( Thanx for being nice! :hug:

MiCkiZ88
01-04-07, 21:30
Well, I've been told, on several occassions, that I'm a negative person and I bring down the happy moods in the forums... :(

and you beliave that? Don't! :) You are friendly and you stick to your opinion.
And your welcome :hug:

Forwen
01-04-07, 21:32
We're human, we make mistakes, but we aren't even close to being the monsters you seem to think we are.

*peeks hastily at Geck-o-Lizard's avatar* Uh... okay.

Geck-o-Lizard
01-04-07, 21:36
Hush, you. :whi:

peffect
01-04-07, 21:44
I almost like everybody in this forum, besides to be honest, this forum gave me the chance to meet one of greatest persons on this earth, so I love this forum. Even if it takes a big part of my daily time! :)

Lara Croft!
01-04-07, 23:39
I love this place!

It's the first BIG forum that I have participated and that is full of friendly people.Here I get to share my TR_Lara Passion with other people from all over the world.I learn bugs and cheats that I didn't know and not only that!I have met a lot of wonderful people who I wish to meet one day (Some, I've alredy did):). I get informed for anykind of news,I practice my English constantly and I seek for advise for anything that I need!!!

Most people here are cool and always there to help!Some are more abrupt and grumpy,some are spammers and others know-it-alls...But we are all vivid and active particles of one great organism...Tomb Raider Forums!!!

petujaymz
02-04-07, 00:11
I actually really enjoy my time on TRF - it's great how users can adopt 7 different personalities...

Other users? I don't take them too seriously, after all, all you see is text on a screen. That said, I sometimes feel that Kam is ten miles up her own arse... (in the nicest possible way of course) ... judging by the images of herself she posts on the pics thread.

EDIT - to be fair... and honest, I'm a few miles up my own arse sometimes, but certainly not ten! Eight maybe... Do what you like Kam! There's nothing wrong with having a bit of self confidence. Some people are intimidated by such a trait...

:wve:

Markos
02-04-07, 02:24
Well, I don't know if I'm qualified to talk, but so far, everyone I talked to, have been kind to me, even when I asked such silly questions......So I think it's not only a good place to be, but also helpful and full of kind people. I've also read a lot of threads and I didn't see agressive or people who bring down moods, not even close.
Congratz everyone, you're making a wonderful job in this forum

dbot
02-04-07, 02:35
idunno...ive got over 200 posts and ive never really felt like a part of this place. Whenever i do post for some reason i always get the feeling it falls on deaf ears. There seems to be a lot of friends here, and i've kinda noticed that if youre not one of the higher posting more famous people here, youre kinda shrugged off.

AmericanAssassin
02-04-07, 02:37
idunno...ive got over 200 posts and ive never really felt like a part of this place. Whenever i do post for some reason i always get the feeling it falls on deaf ears. There seems to be a lot of friends here, and i've kinda noticed that if youre not one of the higher posting more famous people here, youre kinda shrugged off.

Lol... don't worry. You'll build up your rep here real fast! ;) Look at my post count and when I joined. I feel like I fit in. :D

Kamrusepas
02-04-07, 02:37

It's a big forum. With a lot of people. It might take some time to find your place and get to know the people here.

Night Crawler
02-04-07, 02:38
I've also read a lot of threads and I didn't see agressive or people who bring down moods, not even close.
Hi! :wve:

http://www.dogdoright.com/images/aggressive-dog2.jpg

I just try and keep myself to myself, I don't care what others think of me really, and I just avoid the whiners because it's hard to hold my tongue and I've been told off plenty for being a bit too aggressive.

Some people just want to be wrapped up in cotton wool/can't bare to see a negative post. :rolleyes:

I find the TR: Anniversary section really amusing at times, all that petty bickering and nitpicking, it's actually fun to read. ;)

Kamrusepas
02-04-07, 02:39
I just try and keep myself to myself, (...)

Since when? :vlol:

[Don't take this the wrong way, I actually like your honest opinions]

Night Crawler
02-04-07, 02:40
Since when? :vlol:

[Don't take this the wrong way, I actually like your honest opinions]Well LATELY I have been anyway. :D It's like the calm before the storm. :pi:

Neteru
02-04-07, 02:48
...i always get the feeling it falls on deaf ears. ...Pardon?

Kamrusepas
02-04-07, 02:52
You cannot escape the all-seeing Net.

domina
02-04-07, 02:53

I had a similar feeling for a while, even when I had about 500ish posts. Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with where you post. I mostly kept to the Tomb Raider forums ('cause... well, that's why I'm here), but when I started branching out more into the community forums, I expanded my TRF network, if you will. Certainly I'm not "popular," but I know more people. It just takes time. :)

Markos
02-04-07, 02:55
Some people just want to be wrapped up in cotton wool/can't bare to see a negative post. :rolleyes:

I think a negative post doesn't have to be an agressive one, I mean, I like people being honest and ironic too. I'd just take that sort of comments like something fun, I mean, If you just don't like a comment, that's ok, you have the right to complain about it, I guess it's impossible to get on with everyone

What a lovely dog, BTW

Night Crawler
02-04-07, 02:59
I think a negative post doesn't have to be an agressive one, I mean, I like people being honest and ironic too. I'd just take that sort of comments like something fun, I mean, If you just don't like a comment, that's ok, you have the right to complain about it, I guess it's impossible to get on with everyoneI was talking about the "positive" threads people start in that section where they state "No negative posts allowed, this thread is just for praise etc..."

Ridiculous!

DREWY
02-04-07, 03:11
Pardon?

:vlol: Droll, very droll.

Markos
02-04-07, 03:11
I was talking about the "positive" threads people start in that section where they state "No negative posts allowed, this thread is just for praise etc..."

Ridiculous!

But why is that? people don't want other people to say what they really think? and you just mustn't post when you don't have a "positive" thing to say but you want to express anyway? I'm asking from the ignorance, I don't know how it works, but that doesn't seem right

the hooliganz
02-04-07, 05:21
there are some people in TRF who aren't quite good, sometimes they ignore people, and some of the older members bully newer members, it happened to me

mau3genius
02-04-07, 05:25
But we are all vivid and active particles of one great organism...Tomb Raider Forums!!!

Oh god, you won't believe what I've just misread :vlol:

DREWY
02-04-07, 05:36
there are some people in TRF who aren't quite good, sometimes they ignore people, and some of the older members bully newer members, it happened to me

If anyone EVER has any trouble, feels picked on or has any concerns, please PM a mod or admin. We can't be or see everything here, although we do try, so let us help. Thats part of why we are here.
If someone feels I ignored them, its probably because I'm usually doing two things at once. Working and visiting, and sometimes work has to come first and I'll be gone a while. I'd never intentionally ignore you.

@ mau3genius. The same thought occured to me :D

dream raider
02-04-07, 05:38
Just to not mislead anyone, just because I like Legend it doesn't mean I don't like Aod or I dislike people that don't like Legend or Aod. Since I loved all Tomb Raider games I'm basically on both sides. By the way I haven't seen anyone bashing Aod, at least not like Legend the only wars are in the KTEB thread or the GROK thread. And that bashing replaces suggesting...

the hooliganz
02-04-07, 05:39
If anyone EVER has any trouble, feels picked on or has any concerns, please PM a mod or admin. We can't be or see everything here, although we do try, so let us help. Thats part of why we are here.
If someone feels I ignored them, its probably because I'm usually doing two things at once. Working and visiting, and sometimes work has to come first and I'll be gone a while. I'd never intentionally ignore you.

@ mau3genius. The same thought occured to me :D
you never ignored me

thank you, there was once this member who keeps on ignoring me, and never likes me, and once he got angry at me, even though i'm not doing anything bad

andromeda_eats
02-04-07, 05:40
This forum was way, way better before all the rules about what you can and can't say and everyone was incestous. Back when there was heaps of member drama.

//////nostalgia\\\\\\

EscondeR
02-04-07, 05:44
This forum is MUCH BETTER than ones where you can be banned for supporting copyright policy :rolleyes:
And people... People are different everywhere. If you don't like one it doesn't mean others are the same. Actually I like most of members here. We all have little strange habits...

This forum was way, way better before all the rules about what you can and can't say and everyone was incestous. Back when there was heaps of member drama.

//////nostalgia\\\\\\

WOW! Haven't seen you for ages :wve:

DREWY
02-04-07, 05:48

//////nostalgia\\\\\\

Today is tomorrows nostalgia. People tend to remember history with rose coloured glasses. Even 2 years ago when i came here there was still conflicts. The T&C are the rules we go by, you have to have some form of rules or the forum would denigrate. With 25000 odd members (some very odd) there has to be some controll.

Oh, an by the way, my sister has never posted here.

andromeda_eats
02-04-07, 05:51
I'd still take Temptation Island over Play School any day.

DREWY
02-04-07, 05:56
I'd prefer fantasy Island.
Tattoo Tattoo, - the plane, the plane!

erosan
02-04-07, 06:21
IMO..this is nothing compared to most forums out there. ive been to waaay too many game forums with more memebrs than here where everything and everyone is a mess. So whoever is complaning..they need to get into the real world

Ikas90
02-04-07, 07:54
Personally, I appreciate the forum to what it is. It is indeed, the friendliest place I have been to, and easy to get along with other people. When I first joined this forum, I wasn't planning to be an active member, until I realised that it was friendly and interesting. I was greeted with a lot of PM's when I first joined, and that gave me the idea of how friendly this place really was.

I am part of about 10 different forums. The first place I joined was GameSpot. I joined there about 2 years ago, and I still have less than 500 posts there. That just proves that I didn't enjoy those forums as much as I enjoy this forum. See, my post count flies here. I've only been an active poster here for 6 months, and I already have over 7,000 posts. And that's simply because I get along with everybody in the Open Chat thread, which is the best thread on the forum. It's very friendly there, and it's where you can get to know each other personally. I have made a great deal of friends there, and that's what's good about this place. And I would most definitely like to meet some of those close friends in person. However, it's not only the Open Chat thread, but the entire General Chat forum itself. It's where I spend most of my time socialising. Other times, I just go to the Tomb Raider series section, and help people who are stuck or need help. GameSpot however, is just different. It's full of trolls, you can get flamed for having your own opinion, and that's why I don't like to post there.

There was also this Halo forum where everybody was extremely mean. I didn't even stay there for long. I actually got banned from there for being nice! :rolleyes: But you have to realise that you are going to encounter *******s in your life time, whether it's on a public forum or not. Believe me, they are everywhere.

The Mods here are also great, and I appreciate them all for how they take care of this forum. They don't flame you for having an opinion that differs from theirs. On the other hand, the mods on the Halo forum flame you for not being "cool" :rolleyes:

Tomb Raider Forums is a discussion board between the games, and is also a social board. I avoid posting in the Anniversary forum myself because of the arguments that may start, and plus, I don't want spoilers anyway. ;)

Nephili
02-04-07, 08:00
I like the majority of the members on this forum, but there are a few I dislike, but thats the way it goes in life I guess, you wont be able to like everyone, because their are going to be personality clashes wherever you go.

With the whole Anniversary media being released, it can bring out a side in people you probably wouldn't see, I remember it from when Legend media was being released, people can get so angry at the most trivial things like her hair, the size of her breasts, or the fact that one of the locations in Anniversary isnt exactly the same as it was in the original Tomb Raider 1. To me, I say get over it, its not a remake, its a re-imagining or whatever they called it lol.

But yea, the forum has some fantastic members, and theres a few that arent so fantastic. But that doesnt make me like the forums any less, or the mods for that matter.

Assassino
02-04-07, 14:20

Ditto!:D

xcrushterx
02-04-07, 14:25
I just remembered another forum I was a member of for a while. I left because absolutely no negativity is allowed at all. One negative comments earns you a warning and any more gets you a PERMANENT ban. I won't give a link. That's what makes me appreciate this forum more.

Lara Croft!
02-04-07, 15:00

Naughty!!!:smk:

Alex Fly
02-04-07, 17:26
I'm not here for a so long time but I really appreciate this forum and its members. It's a great community. :)

About all the discussions in the Anniversary section, it's true there's a lot of negativity inside all the threads. A lot of people (I'm not talking about everyone of course) are complaining about everything - and I say "complain" and not "criticize" like they use to say :whi: - but, well... this doesn't bother me.

Of course, I'd prefer seeing less negativity and more optimism about the game, and - most of all ! - more support to Crystal Dynamics, but everyone's got his own advice after all and I respect all the different opinions. :wve:

Trigger_happy
02-04-07, 17:40
In the TRA section what gets me mildly is the way people seem to switch opinions after ever little bit of info comes out. At first, most people seem happy, and you get many people saying its going to be great and then all of a sudden,many of those people say the game is going to be awful, and others say that they aren't going to buy such rubbish and that CD have ruined their lives. :smk:

Please, just make up your minds!

SamReeves
02-04-07, 18:34
I'd rather see the forum keep to complaining either about Core or Crystal Dynamics as opposed to some of the other topics I've seen lately. The way to get my ire is to start disgusting posts about the military or the commander in chief. On the whole most of the forum has been quite good.

Geck-o-Lizard
02-04-07, 19:02
Just curious Sam. Are you a US Marine, or have you been one? I'd PM you, but you've disabled those.

Mr.Burns
02-04-07, 19:09
There's nothing wrong with criticizing the President or his polices Sam.

Tyrannosaurus
02-04-07, 19:14
I decided to get a bit personal. At the beginning I liked nearly everyone but now I'm starting to dislike more people and more. The behaviour, disrespectful, spoilt, how can I say this... You just don't get enough, you want more, more, more and more. Selfish, immature. This is not for all the members. Alex Fly, for example is respectful and a good person at least in the forum. Rivendell too. Many others. I decided to name two people only. All this about Anniversary can reveal more about the members, their reactions to things... I'm sure many people don't like me either but I don't have a problem with that. If anyone takes this offensive please close this thread and ban me, after all I was only stating my opinion. What is your opinion of this forum and it's members?Welcome to the Internet.

CerebralAssassin
02-04-07, 19:23
Just curious Sam. Are you a US Marine, or have you been one? I'd PM you, but you've disabled those.

yeap.that's what those military types do.they disable their PMs.why?I do not know..

Aurimas
02-04-07, 20:13

Catapharact
02-04-07, 21:10
You guys are spoiled.

Spoiled?!?! More like Rotten to the core!

Seems like this little "rebellion" has a one way view point. Allow me to input another.

When I came to this forum for the first time, things were a lot more stable. The General Chat thread was a place of discussion and man did we used to have good discussions. And by discussion I don't mean flip flop sap of a post what most of the GC members now put up. I mean a REAL post; Filled with the help and coherent advice and points a person needed.

The threads created were very much informaitonal and quite enjoyable to read and game threads were kept to a minimum (though people still indulged in them occasionally.) All in all, it was a pretty good place to hang around.

Then... came the corruption in the form of total emo-nic nooblets; Rupturing, dismanteling and turning a pretty nice forum into a spam junkyard! Everywhere you look, you couldn't escape from another "Oh my girlfriend left me! Waaa!" thread or a "Another mindless moronic forum game!" thread. Cooming here soon got to be a total waste of time; So much so that everytime I came by here, the desire to backhand another goof-off of an emo was just overbearing. Most good members who usually came here for a good discussion just went away because of oversensitive toodlers who couldn't take an argument. So pathetic.

Thank God for the mods, who decided to step in and bring this place back under control. Not only that, they managed to keep most of the more "mature" crowd sane by giving them a section of there own and I gotta tell ya (not gonna name names here,) we do laugh at the GC thread from time to time, as to the utter ridiculous nature of it.

The GC still needs works; Correction: It needs an overhaul!!! Most threads around here are still mindless jibjab game or sympathy mongering threads. I swear most of you need to get a grip of yourselves! And thank the mods actually for if they weren't enforcing the rules as they are now, I would have verbally dismantled most of you goof-offs a long time ago.

Assassino
02-04-07, 21:25
Wow, Bloody well put i'd say Cat:)
\m/

Tombcool
02-04-07, 22:28
I like everyone at this forum, it's just that I have one problem which seems to bug me, which is related to popularity. For example, in the fan art section, whenever a person who has just joined the forum or isn't very popular in the forum would post amazing art, he or she would get either a few replies to none. But if some crappy popular artist who can't make art to save his or her life that has like 10000 posts and is very popular creates an ugly picture; people flood the topic with "OMG! THAT IS SO AMZING! ZOMG!$#$(*#$*(!!!", when really, it isn't. Another thing is that people here only care about Tomb Raider art, come on people, we have to appreciate art outside of Tomb Raider. A TR art thread would usually get 2313423424 replies, where as a normal art post would get 0 replies.

Jacob x5
02-04-07, 22:33

Seems like this little "rebellion" has a one way view point. Allow me to input another.

When I came to this forum for the first time, things were a lot more stable. The General Chat thread was a place of discussion and man did we used to have good discussions. And by discussion I don't mean flip flop sap of a post what most of the GC members now put up. I mean a REAL post; Filled with the help and coherent advice and points a person needed.

The threads created were very much informaitonal and quite enjoyable to read and game threads were kept to a minimum (though people still indulged in them occasionally.) All in all, it was a pretty good place to hang around.

Then... came the corruption in the form of total emo-nic nooblets; Rupturing, dismanteling and turning a pretty nice forum into a spam junkyard! Everywhere you look, you couldn't escape from another "Oh my girlfriend left me! Waaa!" thread or a "Another mindless moronic forum game!" thread. Cooming here soon got to be a total waste of time; So much so that everytime I came by here, the desire to backhand another goof-off of an emo was just overbearing. Most good members who usually came here for a good discussion just went away because of oversensitive toodlers who couldn't take an argument. So pathetic.

Thank God for the mods, who decided to step in and bring this place back under control. Not only that, they managed to keep most of the more "mature" crowd sane by giving them a section of there own and I gotta tell ya (not gonna name names here,) we do laugh at the GC thread from time to time, as to the utter ridiculous nature of it.

The GC still needs works; Correction: It needs an overhaul!!! Most threads around here are still mindless jibjab game or sympathy mongering threads. I swear most of you need to get a grip of yourselves! And thank the mods actually for if they weren't enforcing the rules as they are now, I would have verbally dismantled most of you goof-offs a long time ago.

I have to say this is very true, and I haven't been here for two years yet.*

It's a shame. This place is still a great place, but it's not what it used to be. Maybe it's a good thing that it's now 13+, although there are some very immature people my age and older.

*Edit: I just realised I've been here for about the same amount of time as you, so that point is irrelevant. :ton:

SamReeves
03-04-07, 01:35
There's nothing wrong with criticizing the President or his polices Sam.

I have no problem with intelligent discussion. I encourage responsible debate since it's a liberty that all must continue to enjoy. However the "ha-ha, look he's an idiot" or "let's hate him for the sake of hating" type posts do nothing for me or those that serve. My e-mail works 24 hours a day for those of you who don't like private messages.

DREWY
03-04-07, 01:47
The problem with that Sam is that not all the members are of an age to have any real knowlege or opinion on the subject. I do agree with the liberty statement.
"I may agree with your opinion, but I'll die for your right to hold it"

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 01:59
And as for corrupt/unfair/fascist moderators... anyone who thinks this is the case should go and visit just about any other forum on the 'net to see how unique the staff here are in their fairness and good sense. We're human, we make mistakes, but we aren't even close to being the monsters you seem to think we are. The only way to see our bad side is to disregard the rules of conduct we wrote for you to abide by.

The Mods are very good on this Site really, they seem to give a lot more room than the sites I Mod.

All in All they are very fair. :)

I come here to Relax from my other forums. :D

Geck-o-Lizard
03-04-07, 02:01
My e-mail works 24 hours a day for those of you who don't like private messages.

'Fraid you've set your email address to be private too.

Taylour
03-04-07, 02:24
I'm sorry about how you're feeling about the members here. I hope I don't offend you :hug:

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 02:38

Very well put. :tmb:

amitabha
03-04-07, 02:49
I really don't care much for these forums. I liked it much better a while ago, however I really miss the eidos forums back in the day.

For the most part, I think the TR forums are full of complainers, I do tend to mock them and use sarcasm, and I should stop that as it confuses many users. I also think that too many threads/posts get closed just for the purpose that mods have the authority to do so.

I am also against censorship (for the most part) and think it's rather unfair how fans can't post certain things without the thread getting closed (ex. Core's leaked trailer, crystals leaked video REEL, etc). I goes it goes for copyright issues or whatever, but many forums post things like this.

Generally, I'm not a big fan of the forums, I liked it much better when it was smaller. I'm thinking about moving to the eidos forums, but everyone from the glory days are mostly gone from there. Who knows where they went.

Oh and how I miss the days of "The Croft Times" and "Tombraiders.net (or was it .com?)"

Things just won't ever be the same. :(

Kamrusepas
03-04-07, 02:53
For the most part, I think the TR forums are full of complainers,

All forums are.

I am also against censorship (for the most part) and think it's rather unfair how fans can't post certain things without the thread getting closed (ex. Core's leaked trailer, crystals leaked video REEL, etc). I goes it goes for copyright issues or whatever, but many forums post things like this.

Yes, but Justin is in good terms with Eidos. I for one am happy for that and wish it will stay that way.

Mr.Burns
03-04-07, 02:55

Just because other forums post things that have been pulled from other websites doesn't mean it's ok. Considering the nature of this forum and how closely it works with Eidos, if they request that something that is their property not be posted here, I would assume that since it's in the forums best interests, management would oblige. If it's one thing I've noticed with this forum as apposed to others is that it takes legal matters very seriously. In my opinion, that's a wise move.

amitabha
03-04-07, 02:59
understandable. I still think there are better forums for hardcore tomb raider fans. My humble opinion.

Kamrusepas
03-04-07, 03:10
I still think there are better forums for hardcore tomb raider fans.

I would disagree. But no one's forcing you to keep coming here ;)

amitabha
03-04-07, 03:12
true dat yo

AmericanAssassin
03-04-07, 03:15
understandable. I still think there are better forums for hardcore tomb raider fans. My humble opinion.

I would disagree. But no one's forcing you to keep coming here ;)

I completely disagree, I must say. I'm a hardcore Tomb Raider player myself, and I have been for almost 10 years now. Personally, I've searched the internet far and wide and I've never seen such wonderful forums. (Justin, youre amazing!) Majority of the people here are friendly and bring up interesting points, whereas other forums are boring and pointless. In fact, I think these forums are 1000% times better than the official Tomb Raider forums. I almost died of boredom by searching their (dreadfully pointless) threads. :)

Everybody here is so nice and I love the bond I've created with many of you. :hug:

JACOBryanBURNS
03-04-07, 03:15

Welcome, dream raider, to the real world. Sorry not everyone can make you happy. Just a minor case of reality. :hea:

amitabha
03-04-07, 03:17
i always liked the core design forums.

DREWY
03-04-07, 03:21

Have held off here so I wouldn't look all 'big brother'. It's a shame you feel that way, but as Kam said, no-one makes you come here.
Censorship can be insidious (word of the day) but it really is required in some shape or form, as if you give people an inch they will sometimes take a mile. It is easier to prevent than cure.
Have a look around at these other sites if you feel you must, and when you get tired of being either ignored or flamed, you will always be welcome back here. :wve:

Shark_Blade
03-04-07, 11:06
This forum is very organized(check out: we haven't got a place to put pics signature like any other forums.) So it promotes more enjoyable read thorughout the forum.

And thank God people on this forum spoke good English(well, some are not but we can still make out what they're talking about:p) I just despise some forumers like on gamespot or others that go on ranting "ZOMGZ!!111 Like dat iz sow kul man!!11":rolleyes:

And people here are very nice. Yes, we have some tantrum once in a while but that's what happens when 24,905 people meet in one place.:p They also post fast reply, and sometime I could almost swear we're like instant messaging rather than posting on typical forum.You guys are amazing:tmb:

Forwen
03-04-07, 11:21
Catapharact. Reread your post and tell me you're not a perverted nostalgist :ton:

Trigger_happy
03-04-07, 12:23

I would disagree- We get loads of new stuff all the time and we have at least 3 members who either work for, or are really close to the Eidos tram, so we get loads of stuff that no one else does.

Catapharact
03-04-07, 13:08
Catapharact. Reread your post and tell me you're not a perverted nostalgist :ton:

Trust me... If I had it my way .... *Insert Maniacal laugh.*

The thing is though, it ain't just a rant; Its a view point of an ever incresing minority on this forum; The rational beings. All I want to see is a cutdown on clutter. Why can't there be one thread for youtube vids instread of posting a different one for every freakin Vid? Why can't people do something else more productive than introduce another useless forum game which does nothing else for the forum other than help dilapidated goofs increse their post counts?

If only common sense was a bit more common. Everyone is allowed to induge; just do in moderation. But the word moderration just falls short of the majority's vocabulary around here.

Forwen
03-04-07, 13:22
Why I can't take this "view point of an ever increasing minority" seriously is because I see it all happen all over the Web. You even phrased it similarly. It's a generation thing. And it gets really amusing when you see several generations pass, every single one moaning about the one coming next. It's quite an ironic thing, to see those you secretly once whined about among other vets do the same to newcomers in blissful ignorance, even assuming identical dramatic tone.

Besides, Legend is an all ages game - gotta cope with all of them :wve:

Why can't there be one thread for youtube vids instread of posting a different one for every freakin Vid?

Let me guess - because that way it's easier and faster, especially for noobs, to move around the forum? I can't see a slightest problem with new thread per new topic. Or a new thread per old topic. It is, in fact, much less messy than standing by 468 pages worth thread that is supposed to contain all them videos/pets/school/food.

kryptonite23
03-04-07, 14:27
This forum is wonderful.
Some members are very friendly which comes to chatting.
But some are funny:vlol:and lazy just like me.:jmp:

Eddie Haskell
03-04-07, 14:31
Having never been a member of a forum that had children in it (mostly military) prior to this one, I can say that I get a kick out of some of the younger members. Reading the philosophical ramblings of an inexperienced teen never fails to bring a smile to my face. But it doesn't bother me really, they will soon get out there and get slapped in the face a few times, bringing the cold hand of reality into their lives.

One thing that truly annoys me is the lack of respect these kids today have for their elders. I don't just mean here, but in society at large. In my generation things were so much different.

Another problem that I see here everyday is that the many of the younger members seem to be unable to accept contrary views. They are extremely sensitive to criticism, even when it is not directly pointed at them, but to a view that they hold. The beauty of this world lies in it's diversity. I have seen it first hand, having been around the world more than a few times in my 20 years in the military. And some seem to forget that this is just a game. Some day there will be a house to pay for, kids to feed, wounds to mend, etc. So relax and enjoy the diversity of opinions Dream Raider. And if I may, stop being so sensitive. This problem lies within you, not in others.

Thanks! :)

jarhead
03-04-07, 14:47
Having never been a member of a forum that had children in it (mostly military) prior to this one, I can say that I get a kick out of some of the younger members. Reading the philosophical ramblings of an inexperienced teen never fails to bring a smile to my face. But it doesn't bother me really, they will soon get out there and get slapped in the face a few times, bringing the cold hand of reality into their lives.

One thing that truly annoys me is the lack of respect these kids today have for their elders. I don't just mean here, but in society at large. In my generation things were so much different.

Another problem that I see here everyday is that the many of the younger members seem to be unable to accept contrary views. They are extremely sensitive to criticism, even when it is not directly pointed at them, but to a view that they hold. The beauty of this world lies in it's diversity. I have seen it first hand, having been around the world more than a few times in my 20 years in the military. And some seem to forget that this is just a game. Some day there will be a house to pay for, kids to feed, wounds to mend, etc. So relax and enjoy the diversity of opinions Dream Raider. And if I may, stop being so sensitive. This problem lies within you, not in others.

Thanks! :)

That post needs a medal. Although I am proberly one of the people in the generation you are talking about, I have to say that everything you have posted is true. I respect my elders and take criticism well, but people are always going to be unhappy with what they have., it is indeed life.

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 14:59

OMG I think exactly the same thing....

Being in management I see this all the time and in my job I also see other kids and their parents on a daily basis and it is pretty bad.

It's not all kids though, just the ones with weak parents or those parents who are so taken up with themselves they don't care about their kids.

Catapharact
03-04-07, 15:53
Why I can't take this "view point of an ever increasing minority" seriously is because I see it all happen all over the Web. You even phrased it similarly. It's a generation thing. And it gets really amusing when you see several generations pass, every single one moaning about the one coming next. It's quite an ironic thing, to see those you secretly once whined about among other vets do the same to newcomers in blissful ignorance, even assuming identical dramatic tone.

Besides, Legend is an all ages game - gotta cope with all of them :wve:

Let me guess - because that way it's easier and faster, especially for noobs, to move around the forum? I can't see a slightest problem with new thread per new topic. Or a new thread per old topic. It is, in fact, much less messy than standing by 468 pages worth thread that is supposed to contain all them videos/pets/school/food.

Correction: What you refer to as whining, I call a POV. Here you have half a thread filled with youngsters blaring away as to how they can't handle a simple argument and run away crying at the first sign of critisism (thanks Haskall for the input :).) It seems that inroder to avoid something more mindful to discuss, they just go on and create another game thread to amuse themselves, which only leads a forum high and dry when it comes to quality posts and topics. Its not whining; Its a legitimate complaint.

Actually it isn't and it has been proven many times over; The one thread concept was applied to another forum with overwhelming one vid links. It got way out of control until the mods have had it ad created a single thread for all the links. Vola! Instant clean forum just a few weeks after.

Forwen
03-04-07, 16:28
Correction: What you refer to as whining, I call a POV. Here you have half a thread filled with youngsters blaring away as to how they can't handle a simple argument and run away crying at the first sign of critisism (thanks Haskall for the input :).) It seems that inroder to avoid something more mindful to discuss, they just go on and create another game thread to amuse themselves, which only leads a forum . Its not whining; Its a legitimate complaint.

Um, "high and dry when it comes to quality posts and topics"? Wasn't MC created in order to counter that? And it did (notice, however, that the most elaborate discussions still take place in GC - old farts must be too world-weary or something ;) Fresh blood tends to boil). Problem over, the situation balances out and everyone can find themselves a place (well, maybe apart from underage overmature prodigy). Besides, there's also a good ol' tactic of not reading what you're not interested in. Not notice game threads. Works fine for me - I still visit GC.

And yep, from my experience I can tell that often the supposed quality drop is illusionary, or cyclical at worst. Especially from the perspective of several years. It's a standard rule for most of medium and bigger forums, that people get along best with others who registered more or less at the same time. Age tends to come into play as well, but that's not a negative per se. There's MC.

Actually it isn't and it has been proven many times over; The one thread concept was applied to another forum with overwhelming one vid links. It got way out of control until the mods have had it ad created a single thread for all the links. Vola! Instant clean forum just a few weeks after.

Then wait until the situation gets out of control here. As for now, I prefer to know what the vid thread is about only looking at its title. "Vid thread" one would be a complete gamble when clicking on it, so the chance of wasting time is bigger.

And as for collective threads, they're a hassle to read for someone who didn't follow them from the start. Also proven.

Eddie Haskell
03-04-07, 16:39
I agree Forwen. The mature area is fine for it's purpose, but I come here for the varying realities and opinions of the Tomb Raider world. And the kids belong in it as well. Sometimes they surprise me (in a good way that is). And on occasion one of them can even show me an angle that I had not noticed before (yes, it can happen).

I ignore the "chat room" noise and since I never view it it does not bother me. Kids will be kids. They need to find their place in this world, and interacting with others is good for them. And sometimes I'll bet it is bad. Acceptance is important to them, and I'll wager that there are many youngsters that come here, post a bit, then leave because they are either ignored, ridiculed or belittled. I agree also with your interpretation of the "pack" mentality.

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 16:41
The mature area is fine for it's purpose, but I come here for the varying realities and opinions of the Tomb Raider world.

The TRA Forum isn't in MC.... :pi:

Also we seem to have to sift through 20 CD sucks and Core is the best posts to get to anything interesting. :whi:

Eddie Haskell
03-04-07, 17:03
The TRA Forum isn't in MC.... :pi:

Also we seem to have to sift through 20 CD sucks and Core is the best posts to get to anything interesting. :whi:

Still, it is worthwhile to me. I don't get annoyed by this in the least. Having spent all of that time in the military (even as an officer), freedom of expression is beautiful. Biting my tongue as a Captain with my superiors was very difficult for me. Especially since a few of them were morons. ;)

I can't wait to get up and around again, and to take my position in federal law enforcement. I doubt that I will have any time to post here after that. We'll see. :)

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 17:11
Still, it is worthwhile to me. I don't get annoyed by this in the least. Having spent all of that time in the military (even as an officer), freedom of expression is beautiful. Biting my tongue as a Captain with my superiors was very difficult for me. Especially since a few of them were morons. ;)

I can't wait to get up and around again, and to take my position in federal law enforcement. I doubt that I will have any time to post here after that. We'll see. :)

I could only put up with 4 years in the Military and could count on one hand the Officers I met that where not morons. ROFL

I have a pretty thick skin, but somethings still irritate me. ROFL

Eddie Haskell
03-04-07, 17:19
I could only put up with 4 years in the Military and could count on one hand the Officers I met that where not morons. ROFL

I have a pretty thick skin, but somethings still irritate me. ROFL

One hand! In all of my years the percentage of Majors and Colonels that I had contact with who were either:A) sane; B) intelligent; C) open to suggestion; D) not an a******, is around 50%. Getting way off-topic I know.

I actually like this forum, it is unbelievably diverse, pleasant for the most part and full of facts. Again, it is the diversity that makes it stand out and worthwhile.

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 17:23
One hand! In all of my years the percentage of Majors and Colonels that I had contact with who were either:A) sane; B) intelligent; C) open to suggestion; D) not an a******, is around 50%. Getting way off-topic I know.

I actually like this forum, it is unbelievably diverse, pleasant for the most part and full of facts. Again, it is the diversity that makes it stand out and worthwhile.

I preferred Enlisted people better, E7's and above seemed to have more common sense.

But yeah LT. Colonels and above usually had some sense.

Scottlee
03-04-07, 17:25

It starts in schools, where these days they're far more likely to learn just how powerless teachers are to discipline them, than they are manners.

Eddie Haskell
03-04-07, 17:29
I preferred Enlisted people better, E7's and above seemed to have more common sense.

But yeah LT. Colonels and above usually had some sense.

I couldn't agree with you more. My men were the best, down to earth and focused on what's important. I love those guys.

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 17:33
I couldn't agree with you more. My men were the best, down to earth and focused on what's important. I love those guys.

:tmb:

I couldn't stand LT's, right out of OCS and dumb as a ice cube most of the time unless they were a mustang-er. :)

warped1
03-04-07, 17:37
I decided to get a bit personal. At the beginning I liked nearly everyone but now I'm starting to dislike more people and more.

<snip>

What is your opinion of this forum and it's members?

I'm new here and I have to say

WOW!

:yik:

WWLD?

:jmp:

Just go with the flow an have a good time.... we're all here because we like/ love/ dream about tomb raider+

:)

If something offends you/ me just walk past it and realized we're all humans beings and different!

and sometimes...when dealing with typed conversations, things/ mood can be taken wrong

*puts fist in the air*

Eddie Haskell
03-04-07, 17:39
:tmb:

I couldn't stand LT's, right out of OCS and dumb as a ice cube most of the time unless they were a mustang-er. :)

I'm still laughing as I write this. :D

JANKERSON
03-04-07, 17:51
I'm still laughing as I write this. :D

:vlol:

tweetygwee
03-04-07, 18:54
It starts in schools, where these days they're far more likely to learn just how powerless teachers are to discipline them, than they are manners.

:tmb: That's what I see everyday at school.

petujaymz
04-04-07, 14:22
As well as being able to adopt seven or so different personalities here, I also enjoy being ridiculously over familiar with other members - it makes me laugh anyway. Hence my regular use of the word babes. :D

:wve:

Joe_16
04-04-07, 14:31
These forums are good. I think all the contrasting opinions are great, and makes for great debates.

The only critisism I would have of this forum are threads such as 'What song are you currently listening to?' thread because it just seems, well, pointless.

kangaxx
04-04-07, 16:44
I Love this place! I also think that it was better at the time i signed in, but after this years, the friendly moto still goes on here.
I miss some of my old friends from here. Some friends had gone away, others have changed they'r interests, and i think almoust nobody here remembers me or know who i am anymore (with some few exeptions), but i choose to stay because i went very happy and beautifull moments in this big family in the past. Some times when some people do topics like "elect the best member, or the friendlyest one", and i see tons and tons of people saying names, but nobody remembers mine, i fell a little sad, because i always tryed to be the best friend for all,always polite. but in other way, i am here primary because i like it, and not to be a super star..lol. I am what i am, my conciousness is clean, and i fell yet in my house when i am here:):hug:

As Einstein says:

- Inteligent people talks about ideias.
- Normal ones talk about things.
- Stupid ones talk about people!

This is just to meditate about it, not intention at all to be a offense to nobody:hug:

Nightfall
04-04-07, 17:11
The one thing that bother me on this forum is that a majority of people just automatically diminish what Crystal Dynamics achieve.

Angel_14
04-04-07, 17:17
The one thing that bother me on this forum is that a majority of people just automatically diminish what Crystal Dynamics achieve.
And seriously, why does it other you?

Nightfall
04-04-07, 17:42
And seriously, why does it other you?

I believe that Crystal Dynamics are taking the series into a new, fresh and exciting direction. They are adding story into the game, making characters more realistic by fleshing out their back-stories. They are moving the series along rather than keeping it the dark ages.

I would agree that the team has made some mistakes but I think they can also see that and can learn from their mistakes. We just have to give them time...the same thing Core Design was once given a lot of yet failed to prove themselves.

Angel_14
04-04-07, 17:45
I believe that Crystal Dynamics are taking the series into a new, fresh and exciting direction. They are adding story into the game...they are moving the series along rather than keeping it the dark ages.

But there are others that don't think this and you have to accept it.

Hyper_Crazy
04-04-07, 17:47

They don't automatically do it, if they see something they don't like, then they will obviously complain about it, and remember this is place where people can express their opinions.
Actually, the majority like what Crystal Dynamics are doing.

Nightfall
04-04-07, 17:53
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I still think people are jumping on the bandwagon. Some others are just anti-crystal to get attention I think.

Fish.
04-04-07, 20:09
Not everyone is as immature and selfish as you think. I respect everyone's opinion, and am a nice guy. But like everyone, I see the few people who are stupid, selfish and immature. But I just skip their post and act like I never read it.

Eddie Haskell
04-04-07, 20:39

First, why would this bother you at all?

Second, how can you "assume" that something is "automatically dismissed"? Just because it differs from your point of view?

Most of the mature people in here understand what "dialogue" is. Many of the younger members have no clue, they somehow have the mistaken impression that any criticism of the direction of the game is somehow "malevolent". Most of those that find fault in any aspect of a new game speak up because they want the game to be better. Not to bad mouth anyone or anything.

Some of the immature ones say that such an attitude is "selfish". No, it's speaking ones mind. You don't represent anyone but yourself, so let it be known how you feel. It may not matter or result in any change, but at least you'll be honest with yourself.

CD is part of a corporate entity. They are producing a product, no different than a hamburger or a Hollywood movie. All corporations seek to understand their targeted audience/consumer and any feedback is important. Even negative feedback. They are not like some insecure teenager hiding in the corner of their bedroom (because someone pointed out a pimple) when they read or hear about negative reaction to their product. They actually welcome it.

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-04-07, 21:00
Can we please keep this thread on topic and not tread off into discussion about Crystal Dynamics? Thank you.

Eddie Haskell
05-04-07, 14:00
I don't see that it was becoming that at all. I think it was germane to the initial topic, since much of what DR was upset about pertained to what DR perceived as unwarranted knocking of CD.

I hope that dream raider is feeling better about this forum and it's inhabitants. A diverse community is a vibrant one. :)

Hurrah4Lara
05-04-07, 19:57
These forums are good. I think all the contrasting opinions are great, and makes for great debates.

The only critisism I would have of this forum are threads such as 'What song are you currently listening to?' thread because it just seems, well, pointless.

Joe I agree with your first bit, but not the second:D. The music thread is one of my favourites. I really like reading about others' tastes and views there, and expressing my own, and discovering new songs and singers!

To develop the first part; it's really helpful for idiomatic English & the technical guidance is first class!:tmb: [even though I keep asking non-Tomb Raider questions:o]

H4L:wve:

dream raider
05-04-07, 19:59
But there are others that don't think this and you have to accept it.

But you have to accept that we support the opposite.:)

Chaosreaper
05-04-07, 20:15
I haven't been here for very long but I like it. The members seem to be friendly and everyone seems to be able to discuss their opinions on Tombraider without offending anyone else. It seems friendly enough to me :)

Eddie Haskell
05-04-07, 22:21
But you have to accept that we support the opposite.:)

I think that for the most part this is the case. Sure there are uncouth responses that are meant to provoke, but from what I have seen the ones that find and disclose a fault or two do so intelligently and respectfully. Many times a tit-for-tat kind of banter develops and some form of escalation occurs, a regrettable turn of events but understandable given the various age groups and personalities involved.

But the bottom line is that you should not let this effect you personally. :)

Edit:
I do find it very hard to understand, trust and listen to some of the younger members. Being an old guy in here and one who commanded men, it is hard to imagine that I could learn anything meaningful from a "kid". However, I can say that I have in fact learned a thing or two from the youngsters in here. Mostly pertaining to gaming, but I am happy to say that learning and listening goes both ways. :)

lita212
05-04-07, 23:16
i like alot of people here. even though there are a few people who post in the anniversary section that do my head in at constant complaining etc i still like them its just i hate going into that section knowing that most of the time the threads are ****ging off a game which i find very petty and pointless because people dont realise that its gonna be differnt from tr1 as its a newer version lol. but other then that i still like the people on the forum even if i do nag at them nagging etc. and even if they dont like me id still want them to know that i like them.

Joe_16
05-04-07, 23:37
Joe I agree with your first bit, but not the second:D. The music thread is one of my favourites. I really like reading about others' tastes and views there, and expressing my own, and discovering new songs and singers!

To develop the first part; it's really helpful for idiomatic English & the technical guidance is first class!:tmb: [even though I keep asking non-Tomb Raider questions:o]

H4L:wve:

Maybe I should have elaborated on that second part a bit more.

The music thread seems pointless because it's just people writing an artist an a song down. That's it. From what i've witnessed, no-one is saying anything else, ie, reasons why they like the song, or maybe some information about the artist. Ultimately, we're not really discovering anything.

Neteru
06-04-07, 00:41
The music thread seems pointless because it's just people writing an artist an a song down. That's it. From what i've witnessed, no-one is saying anything else, ie, reasons why they like the song, or maybe some information about the artist. Ultimately, we're not really discovering anything.As a point of interest, the 'What are you listening to' thread was originally intended for discussion of music and artist. But soon enough members just restricted themselves to posting a song name, largely for the sake of spamming and getting a greater post count. For that reason we then restricted the thread to two posts per day. Now members tend to think they can't post more than two and just don't discuss.

So for those wondering. You are free to post discussion in that thread, about an artist or song - even if you have already listed twice, songs you were listening to. ;)

(This doesn't mean, incidentally, that members can then post after their two posts simple replies like 'Yeah that's cool', 'I like that' or 'I don't like that' because that is not quite discussion.)

MiCkiZ88
06-04-07, 00:45
Thanks for clearing that up Neteru! I would love to discuss about music in there but I was afraid of spamming..

Joe_16
06-04-07, 01:48
As a point of interest, the 'What are you listening to' thread was originally intended for discussion of music and artist. But soon enough members just restricted themselves to posting a song name, largely for the sake of spamming and getting a greater post count. For that reason we then restricted the thread to two posts per day. Now members tend to think they can't post more than two and just don't discuss.

So for those wondering. You are free to post discussion in that thread, about an artist or song - even if you have already listed twice, songs you were listening to. ;)

(This doesn't mean, incidentally, that members can then post after their two posts simple replies like 'Yeah that's cool', 'I like that' or 'I don't like that' because that is not quite discussion.)

I see, thanks for clearing that up..

I do think that thread has alot of potential though.

ace_85
06-04-07, 02:00
Thanks for clarifying that, Net. The 'What are you listening to...' thread is probably one of my favourites on the forum but, as Micki said, I wasn't sure what the policy on discussing songs was :)