PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Any People Who Know All About Music Piracy Laws

kewlkyle64
01-04-07, 23:20
Ok, wierd title. Also, sorry for being gone so long... don't ask why.

Me and my dad are trying to make a movie of his robot, and we found a song that goes perfectly with it... but it's copyrighted. It's only going on YouTube, so no one would be able to download it. We don't know exactly whether or not it would be legal to use this song (not even the entire song, just half of it) on YouTube, where it wouldn't be downloadable.

Thanks in advance!

tr_mitch
01-04-07, 23:25
People use songs over their videos all the time.
So I'm assuming it's legal.

kewlkyle64
01-04-07, 23:25
People use songs over their videos all the time.
So I'm assuming it's legal.

Yeah, that's what we're wondering. We're not quite sure, unfortunately.

Geck-o-Lizard
01-04-07, 23:27
I can't imagine you'll be sued for using copyrighted music in a video of your robot unless you were going to try and sell it...

Forwen
01-04-07, 23:28
I can't imagine you'll be sued for using copyrighted music in a video of your robot unless you were going to try and sell it...

As far as I know, if you don't try to make profit using copyrighted stuff you're good.

K.J
01-04-07, 23:30
Go for it! I don't think RIAA cares anyway since it's only going to be published on Youtube. btw which country do you live in?

kewlkyle64
01-04-07, 23:36
Go for it! I don't think RIAA cares anyway since it's only going to be published on Youtube. btw which country do you live in?

America.

K.J
01-04-07, 23:44
I just saw this (http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20060614/1837225.shtml) link and I don't think it's legal to use the music in your video^_^, but who cares? Just go for it mate!