PDA

View Full Version : Lara

Phlip
02-04-07, 11:32
What was Lara's actual character meant to be?

Was she a respectable person? or was she someone you could look up to? or mabe look up to in fear?

The real question is, who actually is Lara Croft?

EscondeR
02-04-07, 11:41
CLICKY (http://www.indycroft.com/bios/laracroft.htm) :)

Rivendell
02-04-07, 11:41
"Lara Cruz is a force to be reckoned with. Lara's a babe with a brain.."
^ TR companion, 1993 TR Fact sheets

"Lara Cruz is a modern day adventurer and procurer of rare artefacts, which she relieves from Johnny foreigner with the gay abandon of a five year old stealing a mars bar from the local corner shop."
1993, TR Fact sheets

"..a psychopath this super amazing dangerous killer that was extremely dangerous and from whom people would want to run away but at the same time she would be awfully polite."
^ TR:A Birthday Celebration "Comparison" (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/comparison.html)

Of course, shortly afterwards her name became Croft, yet her personality stayed the same.

I've read even better descriptions of Who Lara really is by people on this forum.

Phlip
02-04-07, 11:44
Lara Cruz - Yeuch!

Thanks Riv :tmb:

badfatt
02-04-07, 17:08
She's an obnoxious, thieving, murdering international criminal. Quite where she ever got her "positive role model" image is a total mystery to me.

Neteru
02-04-07, 17:21
This belongs in General Chat. Moving there. ...

Bowie
02-04-07, 17:23
Man, Core had no respect for the real, original Lara. ;)

SamReeves
02-04-07, 18:37
I thought it was Laura Crewes??? They changed it since us Americans can't speak true English.

Nightfall
04-04-07, 16:20
I thought it was Laura Crewes??? They changed it since us Americans can't speak true English.

At first the name was Laura Cruize but then the name Laura was changed due to it sounding "too English". Laura Cruize became Lara Cruize and then Lara Cruize got changed to Lara Croft in a bid to bring back some "English" back into the name.