PDA

View Full Version : Crashing

xcrushterx
03-04-07, 11:13
right, When I tested my room for the first time, I saved the output wad as tut1 (Overighting the origonal). I converted it and played it and it worked fine. BUT when I made an update and saved it as tut1 again, after I had converted it and opened trle when I hit new game, it starts to load something then crashes. How can I fix this?

I have the level manager if that helps :o

Titak
03-04-07, 12:36
When you convert an updated .tom file Levelmanager won't be updated.
When building and testing a level it is best to not use LevelManager.

- This will sound pretty daffy but have you placed the Lara object in your level?
- Have you made any changes to the wad (removed/added objects)? If so it is best to load the level with an earlier version of the wad to see if that fixes the problem.

tweetygwee
03-04-07, 12:51
Also, check you have "font.pc" and "pcsky" in your graphics/wads folder before converting.

Betal
03-04-07, 12:55
Can someone send me the link to the level mangager? I've never used it before.:D

xcrushterx
03-04-07, 13:14
When you convert an updated .tom file Levelmanager won't be updated.
When building and testing a level it is best to not use LevelManager.

- This will sound pretty daffy but have you placed the Lara object in your level?
- Have you made any changes to the wad (removed/added objects)? If so it is best to load the level with an earlier version of the wad to see if that fixes the problem.
lol, yes. M'kay. I tried loading without it and it did the same :(

QRS
03-04-07, 13:32
Can someone send me the link to the level mangager? I've never used it before.:D

www.trlevelmanager.it

Give it some time. You will not regret using it when you get used to it ;);)

xcrushterx
03-04-07, 13:40
EDIT: I think I found the problem :D
I think it crashed because I was using the level manager to test it. It worked fine when I reset everything and never used the level manager. Not gonna do that again :whi: