PDA

View Full Version : People singing live

Betal
03-04-07, 11:27
Hmm I just wonder if someone know any good artists who sings good but live they suck. Cause I need videos on it for a secret thing I do:)

Here's a example:

Gwen stefani- wind it up

CD:
Ga7hU-3-PbQ

live:
__NFDR0ZiBQ

I've heard Gwen live before and then it was great. but this song just sucked live<.<

Like here. Here she sound fine
vK721HFM7yU

Bonez
03-04-07, 11:28
Ashlee Simpson.

Though she can't really sing fullstop... :p

Or Britney. On her records she sounds really good, but singing live its awful.

Record:
uCn6JRPQV-4

Live:
ejNUUn6TRAw

Peachy
03-04-07, 13:52
I don't have any clips, but I've heard Sugarbabes and Girls Aloud are rubbish live.

Neteru
03-04-07, 17:42
Any singer can have a bad day, no matter how great they may be. I've even heard Whitney Houston, of undeniable vocal talent, sound absolutely dreadful live.

jackles
03-04-07, 17:45
You know I read the title and my mind just went....

...as opposed to dead..

:D

Bonez
03-04-07, 17:45
Any singer can have a bad day, no matter how great they may be. I've even heard Whitney Houston, of undeniable vocal talent, sound absolutely dreadful live.

But many artists on a whole just aren't very good live.

jackles
03-04-07, 17:46
Actually Annie Lennox is amazing live.

Bonez
03-04-07, 17:48
Actually Annie Lennox is amazing live.

I didn't say she wasn't :p

But look at who arent very good live really, Paris Hilton ( though has she ever sung live?! ), Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears, Girls Aloud etc.

Ofcourse this is my opinion, but if you're a singer then you have to be able to sing live.

CitanMK
03-04-07, 18:02
"Maybe" this can be used...

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps
tQYdR2dHjNg

Fergie - Glamorous
q7Ci8ZHccxY

Ampersand
03-04-07, 18:33
Evanescence's Amy Lee comes to mind. She can usually sing fine if it's an acoustic performance and she's sitting down, but as soon as she's on her feet she can barely carry a note. Pity, but she really needs to remember to breathe.

Anubis_AF
03-04-07, 18:38
Concerts really show whether the singer has a real voice or just something digitally remastered to sound descent.

rachkitten
03-04-07, 18:38
Here Paramore Live, Hayley just cant sing!

LIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpKRZ-0LsqY

ALBUM VERSION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgJ8BZi3vTA

Bonez
03-04-07, 18:41
Concerts really show whether the singer has a real voice or just something digitally remastered to sound descent.

Yes!! They do..

I think Amy's voice is amzinglive, though I do agree she could breathe a bit more.

But shes far from the worst..

Ampersand
03-04-07, 18:44
Amy's definitely improved since the last album. Comparing her recent live acoustics to old ones, her voice is much better. I find it a bit disappointing to find such big differences between singers' recorded and live voices, but at least she seems to be working on it.

CuteKittenlol
Evanescence's Amy Lee comes to mind. She can usually sing fine if it's an acoustic performance and she's sitting down, but as soon as she's on her feet she can barely carry a note. Pity, but she really needs to remember to breathe.
Yeah, I was gonna say Amy.

She has some really off performances, but 8 times out of 10, she sounds fantastic. (IMO of course).

star girl
^ Exactly... I like some of her live performances more (Going Under - live :cln:) Sometimes sudden breathing adds a more realistic touch to the song... But that's what I think :)

I've seen some rap performers not do so well live... I don't remember who though... :)

Neteru
03-04-07, 19:05
Actually Annie Lennox is amazing live.As much as I love her, yes, she can be amazing, but not always. I've heard her sounding awful too. It's par for the course. Even the most trained singer in the world can hit a bum note.

jackles
03-04-07, 19:10
As much as I love her, yes, she can be amazing, but not always. I've heard her sounding awful too. It's par for the course. Even the most trained singer in the world can hit a bum note.

Mind you it was donkeys years ago that I heard her!

Jacob x5
03-04-07, 19:18

Very true. Did you see Oasis at the end of that music award thing that was on TV a while ago (I forget what it's called)? I think he had a bit of a sore throat that day. It was very badly mixed aswell; the vocals were being drowned out by the rest of the band.

Thorir
03-04-07, 19:28
Björk is always fantastic live. :)
I have her live CD´s and her concerts on DVD.

Jacob x5
03-04-07, 19:34
Björk is always fantastic live. :)
I have her live CD´s and her concerts on DVD.

Well, you can't beat a bit of björk*. ;)

*(He says, pronouncing it 'be-jork'). :ton:

Thorir
03-04-07, 19:37
Björk is possibly the easiest name in the world to pronounce if you´re from Iceland or Norway. :D Swedes have their own pronounciation of it, as do Danes...

Björk. BJÖRK. Impossible to say it wrong. :D

Jacob x5
03-04-07, 19:40
Think of it as 'york' with a 'b' on the front. ;)

Betal
03-04-07, 19:42
Thanks for the video all. Very helpfull

Björk is possibly the easiest name in the world to pronounce if you´re from Iceland or Norway. :D Swedes have their own pronounciation of it, as do Danes...

Björk. BJÖRK. Impossible to say it wrong. :D

In sweden we say as it looks like: B.J.Ö.R.K. Björk is a tree in sweden so..:p

Legends
03-04-07, 20:20
Here is "My Heart Will Go On" music video and a live performance by Celine Dion. She can really sing whether it's live or not! :D

Studio
y7AtdSQbbgU

Live
9ateZyn6Frw

Bonez
03-04-07, 20:21
Its good to see progression with artists who came out young. I mean, when Avril first started she was ok live, but now with her new album her voice is perfect and she can hit all the notes. :D

Thorir
03-04-07, 20:47
Think of it as 'york' with a 'b' on the front. ;)

Yörk.
The Ö and the rolling R is most important. ;)

In sweden we say as it looks like: B.J.Ö.R.K. Björk is a tree in sweden so..:p

The Swedes put too much pressure on the Ö for it to sound Icelandic, but in Norwegian and Icelandic the pronounciation of Björk is identical.

Swedes sound like they are singing all the time. :ton:

tr_mitch
03-04-07, 21:29
Usually at a concert, singers concentrate more about putting on a 'show' than actually showing off the song, guess it makes it more interesting and fun to watch. Not many singers can do both perform and sing in perfect key at the same time.
Pink is amazing live.

Bonez
03-04-07, 21:42
Pink is amazing live.

Yeah she is! Shes like.. hanging in the air in her concert and is still singing live perfectly fine!

tr_mitch
03-04-07, 21:46
Yeah she is! Shes like.. hanging in the air in her concert and is still singing live perfectly fine!
:D
Did you actually go and see her then?
Was the best concert ever.... really entertaining but at the same time perfect singing.

Bonez
03-04-07, 21:49
Nah I didnt.. :( I'm going next time though for sure!

You can watch her concert on youtube LOL But her Wembley Concert DVD comes out a week on monday! ( Same day as avrils album ) :jmp:

Glad you enjoyed it though. Her voice is ****ing amazing.

Neteru
03-04-07, 23:42
Did you see Oasis at the end of that music award thing that was on TV a while ago (I forget what it's called)? I think he had a bit of a sore throat that day. It was very badly mixed aswell; the vocals were being drowned out by the rest of the band.No, but I can imagine. I can't stand Oasis anyway.

Lara Coft Baby
04-04-07, 00:59
I think alot of singers really cant sing they have their songs remasted some how. :p And thats why they seem to suck live. But Disturbed some times sounds pretty good live expect in this video. :D

CD
uqBv13PAt3Q

Live
kbUj4xxMfCw