PDA

View Full Version : Creating Bridges Help

Izzie404
04-04-07, 01:34
I'm trying to make a bridge, like in TR1/2, and there is, apparently, something going wrong.
I have tried to use the tutorial from trsearch.org by KingSpyder, but I didn't understand it because it didn't actually say how to do anything. It got me very confused. Can someone explain this step-by-step for me? :D

Thanks!

Sir Croft
04-04-07, 01:41
If you want the bridge to look like it was in TR1 (very very thin), you can make is as the ground of another room. :)

Izzie404
04-04-07, 01:48
That's what I was trying to do, but it wouldn't work, if I tried to make the sides of the room, which has its ceiling as the bridge, into doors, it didn't work... :confused:

Sir Croft
04-04-07, 01:50
or you can try THIS (http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2327)

Izzie404
05-04-07, 00:40
Now the bridge has no collision. How do you set the collision? I watched the flash tutorial on trsearch about setting collision, but that was setting the collision to a table, which is flat. The bridge, that I have, is made up of 10 individual bridge pieces, and it bends downward [like a normal bridge :D]
How can I set the collision for something that isn't flat :confused:

Titak
05-04-07, 07:46
Does a BRIDGE-FLAT or BRIDGE_TILTx need collision? :confused:
I've never checked that... :o

A collision box is always a rectangular box, without slanted sides. This is a hardcoded thing.

If your bridge object is in one of the bridge slots you can adjust the collision in WADMerger (Animation Editor) or with TRViewer.

Note:
The way Lara reacts to a bridge object is determined by the slot the object is placed in.
So you can place a flat bridge object in the BRIDGE-TILT2 slot and Lara will still walk on a slanted surface, because of the hardcoded effect in the BRIDGE_TILT2 slot.

Izzie404
05-04-07, 12:55
Ok, thanks for the help, but I had to give up on that and just went with the multi-room bridge. I finally figure it out [I just made a flat room :D] One other problem that I was having after setting the collision was that Lara couldn't walk underneath it, but now she can ;)

Betal
05-04-07, 13:01
You need to put a dummy trigger under it. First click on one of you bridge object. Then open the trigger window. Where it says TYPE choose Dummy. Then put the tirgger under that bridge object. The you will need to do the same with all bridge object.

jun89
05-04-07, 15:13
You need to put a dummy trigger under it. First click on one of you bridge object. Then open the trigger window. Where it says TYPE choose Dummy. Then put the tirgger under that bridge object. The you will need to do the same with all bridge object.
I wonder why my bridges work with "normal" trigger. I just click the bridge and then place the trigger underneath it without choosing Dummy from the list :confused: Lara walks on the bridge no problem :)