PDA

View Full Version : Iranians release British sailors.

Titanium
04-04-07, 15:51
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6525905.stm

Nightfall
04-04-07, 16:25
No matter who blames who this argument will never be resolved. We will not learn the truth. It is good that they got released however.

Another Lara
04-04-07, 16:32
They are taking the **** though! They're being released "as a gift to Britain"...
Oh well just as long as they get back to their families in one piece, who can moan about it?!

tlr online
04-04-07, 16:33
Pathetic isn't it. More theatrics from the Iranian government.

And the Oscar goes to.... Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The only valid point he made during his one hour long speech was that the West should NOT be meddling in the Middle East. The rest of it was first-class show-boating. He should consider Hollywood.

Trigger_happy
04-04-07, 17:16
They are taking the **** though! They're being released "as a gift to Britain"...
Oh well just as long as they get back to their families in one piece, who can moan about it?!

I have to agree- they act out of place in the First place and then act like they are doing us a favour, releasing our soldiers, as if they were helping them. I'm glad for their families, but we didn't exactly well, having nioce talks and sending Blair over there.

Phlip
04-04-07, 17:19
Stupid! that's all I can say.

taika
04-04-07, 18:08
Stop moaning. they were released and that's all that should matter. You don't KNOW the full story, so you can't judge.

AnthonyShock1515
04-04-07, 18:14
I think we should jyst be greatful that they were actually released. I was thinking about this on the train before. I think that the Iranians are nice(from my experience with them) and that the media in the West are trying to make them seem evil so it will provoke the troops to strike there next. After all they have a lot of oil in their possesion. Both conuntries are just as powerful.

Either way, I don't trust both parties.

Jacob x5
04-04-07, 18:19
A gift to Britain? They're the ones who imprisonned them in the first place.

Bullethail
04-04-07, 18:26
Y'know, I was thinking today. This is all quite similar to the U.S.S. Pueblo incident... maybe Ahmadinejad is mimicking it? Capture in (supposedly) enemy waters? Forced confessions? Official apologies? Odd...

Greenkey2
04-04-07, 18:35
The politics can go hang. At least we've got our people back safe :tmb:

SamReeves
05-04-07, 17:42
I will believe it when I see them on a British ship or base. Until then Iran has the Navy's attention in the Gulf.

xcrushterx
05-04-07, 18:19
Attention seeking, that's all it is :)

Bullethail
05-04-07, 19:00
I will believe it when I see them on a British ship or base. Until then Iran has the Navy's attention in the Gulf.

Here ya are. (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23391544-details/Sailors+touch+down+at+Heathrow+-+with+their+goody+bags/article.do)

Hurrah4Lara
05-04-07, 19:40
Oh it's great news! Though how the Iranians outfoxed our diplomats & the weaklings T. Blair & Margaret Beckett (our Foreign Secretary:vlol:)!:jmp:

Iran would be a formidable opponent, and I hope the episode has taught our rubbish New Labour leaders some respect.:cool:

Stop moaning. they were released and that's all that should matter. You don't KNOW the full story, so you can't judge. taika, you are right!

H4L:wve:

only Croft
05-04-07, 19:54
Indeed, they said that they were well treated but I dought it.

And if it wasn't for stupid wars like this one we wood already be living in Mars and found another planet with life :mad:

Draco
06-04-07, 01:38
Indeed, they said that they were well treated but I dought it.

They probably were well treated.

And if it wasn't for stupid wars like this one we wood already be living in Mars and found another planet with life :mad:

If it wasn't for stupid wars (what war isn't stupid?) we wouldn't have the technology to be living on Mars.