PDA

View Full Version : RE Umbrella chronicles on rails!!!

TR freak
04-04-07, 19:37
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/778/778247p1.html

OMG!!! :mad: :hea:

I was expecting it to be a RE4 style game with a mixture of things from all the old games. First person view, we have hardly any control over where we go. If this is true its one less must buy game for the wii. This was my most anticipated wii game. Why the hell did capcom screw this up?

Mad Tony
04-04-07, 19:40
It's amazing how you can say Capcom screwed it up when you haven't even played it yet.

TR freak
04-04-07, 19:41
It's amazing how you can say Capcom screwed it up when you haven't even played it yet.

Because its first person on rails. Thats not resident evil.

Mad Tony
04-04-07, 19:44
Because its first person on rails. Thats not resident evil.That doesn't matter. Until you actually play the game you shouldn't judge it.

TR freak
04-04-07, 19:47
That doesn't matter. Until you actually play the game you shouldn't judge it.

The thing is that if I'd said this game is going to rock you wouldn't have said anything. Its only because I said something negative that you say that. By your logic no game should be judged whether you think it'll be good or bad. Thats not what happens. People do say "this game will rule" or "this game will suck". I'm saying that now because from the looks of it the game will not be good.

Alive_and_Funky
04-04-07, 19:48
That doesn't matter. Until you actually play the game you shouldn't judge it.
That's true. And anyway, aren't there many great on-rails first-person shooters?

-DEBUG
04-04-07, 19:53
If thats how its going to be, Nintendo can keep Jill and Chris, lets hope RE5 is everything that RE4 is and more :jmp:

Mad Tony
04-04-07, 20:02
The thing is that if I'd said this game is going to rock you wouldn't have said anything. Its only because I said something negative that you say that. By your logic no game should be judged whether you think it'll be good or bad. Thats not what happens. People do say "this game will rule" or "this game will suck". I'm saying that now because from the looks of it the game will not be good.How do you know what I would've said?

Also, saying "this game is gonna rock" and "Capcom screwed this one up" are two different things. Notice I highlighted the gonna. Saying something is gonna be good is different to saying something is already screwed up. ;)

amitabha
04-04-07, 21:40
I think it's a good idea for capcom to make umbrella chronicles a on-rails shooter much like the house of the dead series. Maybe this is a chance for capcom to reinvent the awful gun suvivor/dead aim series. The game looks promising, but who knows, we will have to wait and play.

If you want a traditional resident evil game, wait for Re5 which is coming to the PS3/xb360.

TR freak
04-04-07, 21:47
If thats how its going to be, Nintendo can keep Jill and Chris, lets hope RE5 is everything that RE4 is and more :jmp:

I'm now super psyched for RE5 and not so much for RE UC now. I'm praying its not true or its only in certain sections of the game that are like that. RE UC could have been RE4 with the feel and the fear factor of the older games. Instead its an on rails FPS with interactive cutscenes in them. Sure it might be a good game, but its not what anyone expected. Everyone expected a survival horror and an action adventure. If capcom had said the game was like this a long time ago it wouldn't be so bad. I'd never have hyped it and wouldn't be disappointed.

And yes MT I do know that you wouldn't have said how can you judge it if you hadn't played it if I'd said something positive. Dont try and deny it. And what if someone said "This game rocks" before they've played it. Does that suit your flawed logic better? If someone would have said this game rocks you would not have said anything.

Legend of Lara
04-04-07, 23:21
That's true. And anyway, aren't there many great on-rails first-person shooters?

There are VERY few on-rails FPS games. The old "Crisis" games were, though and the gunner minigame in Rayman RR was pretty decent...

...eh... Capcom may be able to pull off the whole "on-rails" thing. Maybe. Time will tell, I'm not coming to a conclusion here or anything.

oocladableeblah
05-04-07, 04:50
What does rail mean? hmmm fps interesting.

LuigiEspadachin
05-04-07, 08:36
'On-Rails' is basically a term for where your character moves automatically. You can still aim and shoot, but you have no control over where he/she goes. Think the tank section in 007: Everything Or Nothing even though that isn't an FPS, or areas in shooters where the AI is driving and you're just shooting, that's on rails. Or Time Crisis with just staying behind cover. And I have faith in Capcom with this, because they have pulled off the On-Rails FPS thing before with Killer7 so I'm quite confident this'll be good. I'm still getting RE5 though.

TR freak
05-04-07, 09:45
I've got nothing against on rails FPSs. I LOVE the time crisis games. Its the fact that for months capcom gave us the impression we were getting a survival horror or action adventure. I seem to recall them even saying it was using the RE4 camera.

I think this gme will be VERY scary. Possibly the scariest RE yet. Alot of jumping out at us moments and scares can happen if they do this right. Graphics are amazing. Certainly the best looking game on the wii and I think the realistic looking zombies and monsters could add to the fear factor. I'll still be getting it but I dont think it will be the best game on the wii now. A proper resident evil game would have been. Well, capcom has always supported nintendo with the RE series in the past so hopefully in the future the wii will get a proper RE.

TR freak
05-04-07, 11:35
This might not be all on rails after all. Apparently theres two modes in the game. One is a traditional survival horror experience, and the other is where we traverse the different events in the previous games. I'm hoping this means the on rails thing is only one of the game modes and we get a proper resident evil game in the other mode.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/776/776549p1.html

I know this is old btw but maybe thats what was meant by two modes to the game back then.

Tombcool
06-04-07, 20:00
RE4 was the crappiest RE game, and this is coming from an old-school RE fan. I played all the old ones and RE4 is truly crap.

Anyways, I am disappointed, I really hope the new RE isn't FPS.

TR freak
06-04-07, 20:12
RE4 was the crappiest RE game, and this is coming from an old-school RE fan. I played all the old ones and RE4 is truly crap.

Anyways, I am disappointed, I really hope the new RE isn't FPS.

:vlol:

Sorry, that just made me laugh! RE4 crappy? Ok...... wonder why it got such incredible reviews and awards if it was so crappy. RE4 = one of the best games ever made. Really its only the ultra hardcore RE fans that dont like RE4. Well actually you're the first I've seen to not like it. Hardcore RE fans usually just like classics better but still love RE4. In fact even most hardcore RE fans prefer 4 and its only a select few that prefer classics.

Tombcool
06-04-07, 20:15
I'm one of those "ultra hardcore" RE fans. RE4 was EXTREMELY overrated.

TR freak
06-04-07, 20:46
I'm one of those "ultra hardcore" RE fans. RE4 was EXTREMELY overrated.

No way on hell was RE4 overrated. It is one of the best games ever made. I bet if it wasn't called resident evil 4 and was a game totally unrelated to the resident evil series you would agree. Its only because you are an ultra hardcore RE fan that you say its crappy and overrated.

I admit, like just about everybody does, that RE4 is very different for the classic REs. Most people say the changes are good. Better camera and controls (you're blind if you deny this). Graphics are incredible. It has better action and fighting than any other RE. Knife fighting is more intuitive now. Its more gory than any other RE. Herb system is better in RE4 imo. The ability to drop items whenever you want is better now. You dont have to go back and fourth to chests like in classics. Its a much longer game, it has more extras than any other RE and has alot more replay value. Weapons are better in RE4 and the ability to upgrade them is pretty good.

RE4 has its jumpy moments, but not as many as in classics and its probably not as scary as classic RE's. Ammo is in better supply, and depending on what you're gaming preference is that can be good or bad. Puzzles are probably harder in classics but not that much harder. The stone tablet in RE4 puzzle really stumped me for quite a while, more than any classic RE puzzle did but other than that every puzzle in RE4 was simple. Classic RE's are better for puzzles and fear factor. RE4 is better for action, fun factor, longevity, replay value, extras, gore, controls, camera and well pretty much everything other than hardness, puzzles and fear.

Night Crawler
07-04-07, 12:26
Here's a new trailer!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

illuminati30
07-04-07, 14:58
Here's a new trailer!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

Looks good, but not much to see really!

viper456
07-04-07, 15:14
graphics look nice for the wii. Its like the old school light gun RE games though and they werent all that. Wonder if this one will be any better.

-DEBUG
07-04-07, 17:14
"Witness the end of Umbrella" I hope theres something worthwile going on, this RE game is the only thing that would make me want a NINTENDO Wii (Cautiously avoiding being the butt of a joke)