PDA

View Full Version : Marriage/Wedding - How and why?

Lavinder
04-04-07, 20:03
When you do finally find that person that you love, will you consider marriage?

Would your ideal ceremony be a white church, blossoming with flowers and your proud friends and family or a small wedding just for you and your loved one to experience together in your own way without prying eyes?

If you are/have already been married you can tell us how brillaint (or even awful) your wedding and marriage was/is :p

I have not thought about it much, because at the moment I cannot imagine a man loving me so much he would want to spend the rest of his life with me. But I would love the big white wedding most women dream of - but only my family with me not tonnes of relatives whom I have not seen in years, plus feeling important on that day with all those people watching would make me shake in my.. er.. heels?

So here you can take a moment out of reality and write down all your wildest fantasies from getting married underwater to a traditional wedding. :)

Real Life Lara
04-04-07, 20:13
Same as you, I cant image any guy sentencing himself to such a grisly lifetime with little old me, but ah well :p

First of all, Id have to lure a hot Japanese guy, then hold him hostage till he accepts my proposal, fly over to Japan where we'd have a garden wedding (with obligatory Sakura trees overhanging) and then we'd live happily ever after. :D

Thats my fantasy anyway.. :pi:

Lara Croft!
04-04-07, 20:27
I'm for marriage,but only when a couple wishes to have children.The ideal situation for me would be to live togeher with the man I love fora few years and when we decide we want a kid to marry.My marriage will be Christian Orthodox,I would like only my closest family members ans a few friends.I don't care much about the ceremony itself,but I would like it to take place

either somewhrere exotic,
>>>Bora bora http://themes.belchfire.net/screenshots/%5B3693%5Dintercontinental_hotel_bora_bora_512.jpg

up on a high cliff by the coast Ireland >>> http://www.destination360.com/europe/ireland/images/s/ireland-cliffs-of-moher.jpg

or if I have to stick to Greece,in Santorini...>>> http://boxman.awazo.com/photos/20050917santorini.jpg

jamieoliver22
04-04-07, 20:36
I have not thought about it much, because at the moment I cannot imagine a man loving me so much he would want to spend the rest of his life with me.

:rolleyes: I dunno though, you do bite..

Lavinder
04-04-07, 20:38
:rolleyes: I dunno though, you do bite..

A man might like that quality in a woman, most likely very rare but I'm sure I will find that right guy - may it be in a years time or 80 years I will still find him :p

You may bite the bride.

tampi
04-04-07, 20:38
This is a very beautiful thread :)

I, will give a small advice you only, first of everything, you marry with the heart, soon, where the money allows it. ;)

Lavinder
04-04-07, 20:41
This is a very beautiful thread :)

I, will give a small advice you, first of everything, you marry with the heart, soon, where the money allows it. ;)

If I get your meaning :

Obviously a couple must only get married if they are truly in love, after they have fell in love they can think about the materialistic things. And as I said, you can always have a basic wedding without any of the extras :o

tr_mitch
04-04-07, 20:43
Same as you, I cant image any guy sentencing himself to such a grisly lifetime with little old me, but ah well :p

First of all, Id have to lure a hot Japanese guy, then hold him hostage till he accepts my proposal, fly over to Japan where we'd have a garden wedding (with obligatory Sakura trees overhanging) and then we'd live happily ever after. :D

Thats my fantasy anyway.. :pi:

Awww but I'm not Japanese Lara. :(

Jacob x5
04-04-07, 20:45
You may bite the bride.

http://img1.imagefuse.com/anon/11757194252.jpg

Oh, sorry; you didn't see Torchwood, did you? :ton:

Lavinder
04-04-07, 20:47
http://img1.imagefuse.com/anon/11757194252.jpg

Oh, sorry; you didn't see Torchwood, did you? :ton:

Nope, care to enlighten me :D ?

tampi
04-04-07, 20:49
Oh meh, Jacob, don't post this picture here, please ;)

Yes, Lavinder, but I comment this to you, because at the moment, I think, that enough couples arrive “pushed” to the marriage.
You have a couple does some time, you have an age in which you can be married, and without knowing very well how, you are suddenly in the altar married you.
Believe me that really is thus.
The things go sometimes very fast.
For that reason I say that first. with a deep and calm thought you must marry before with the heart and soon what is. :)

domina
04-04-07, 20:51
I actually don't want a wedding. I'm not averse to marriage itself, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of setting up ceremonies and food and all that crap, even on small scale, and I don't like being the center of attention. I'd be content to just get the marriage papers and the rings and be with the man I love.

Chances are I'll wind up having one anyway, but I'd want it small and kind of casual.

Jacob x5
04-04-07, 20:51

I'm sure it'll be fine if we leave it at that. :)
I made sure to host the image first, just in case the website it came from contained any gruesome images.

Lavinder
04-04-07, 20:52

Yes, Lavinder, but I comment this to you, because at the moment, I think, that enough couples arrive “pushed” to the marriage.
You have a couple does some time, you have an age in which you can be married, and without knowing very well how, you are suddenly in the altar married you.
Believe me that really is thus.
The things go sometimes very fast.
For that reason I say that first. with a deep and calm thought you must marry before with the heart and soon what is. :)

I don't think I will get married until I am 30+ anyway. Unless prince charming sweeps me off my feet when I'm legal, but I doubt that because the way the word is going now men are very fickle and I'm very paranoid :o

Paperdoll
04-04-07, 20:56
I actually don't want a wedding. I'm not averse to marriage itself, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of setting up ceremonies and food and all that crap, even on small scale, and I don't like being the center of attention. I'd be content to just get the marriage papers and the rings and be with the man I love.

Thanks domina, you saved me the trouble of writing all of that down :p I basically have those same feelings towards marriage. I used to be more against it but I think I see things with different eyes now... however I'll only get married when and if I ever find a guy that I don't get bored of within a month. Seems impossible atm.

jjbennett
04-04-07, 20:56
When you do finally find that person that you love, will you consider marriage?

Would your ideal ceremony be a white church, blossoming with flowers and your proud friends and family or a small wedding just for you and your loved one to experience together in your own way without prying eyes?

If you are/have already been married you can tell us how brillaint (or even awful) your wedding and marriage was/is :p

I have not thought about it much, because at the moment I cannot imagine a man loving me so much he would want to spend the rest of his life with me. But I would love the big white wedding most women dream of - but only my family with me not tonnes of relatives whom I have not seen in years, plus feeling important on that day with all those people watching would make me shake in my.. er.. heels?

So here you can take a moment out of reality and write down all your wildest fantasies from getting married underwater to a traditional wedding. :)

Uh-huh mostly agree with you there. Although having only close family is a nice idea which i agree with the main problem is the relatives getting stroppy :o

Sometimes i wish a girl would feel the same way i do about her although if I'm brutally honest i think marriage at 18 is a little OTT and maybe i should wait a few more years.

J.

AnthonyShock1515
04-04-07, 20:58
Not that I'm a strong believer of marriage. I believe it's just a gesture of love. Plus marriages nowadays aren't as steel as they were in the decades ago. Partners are constantly fooling around with othe rpeople and this doesnlt apply to every married person but not many people think about the committment side of it all. Not anymore.

If I was to get married, I would like it in a nice little garden with relatives I;ve actually seen not having to be introduced to my brother's girlfriend's uncle's boss's dogwalker's rowing instructor. Personally I;d like it abroad but I doubt that would happen:o

tampi
04-04-07, 20:58
I know, Lavinder, I'm talking in an imaginary way :)

Ok @Jacob, it was only the first impression :yik: . I was writing sweetly for Lavinder and I saw that face suddenly :D :D :tmb:

Another Lara
04-04-07, 21:05
I would like to get married and even though I hate being the centre of attention and haviing to stand up in front of loads of people, I do want to have a traditional white wedding, in a small church in the middle of nowhere, the church where my down the road to my uncle's house in Cambridge is my idea of the perfect place to get married...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c25/Essex_punkette12/Non%20Green%20Day%20pix/RoadstarAcoustic011.jpg

Although every birthday that goes by and I still find myself single, I see that church wedding get further and further away from me... Is it bad that I think such depressing thoughts at the age of 22?!:confused:

AnthonyShock1515
04-04-07, 21:12
It's perfectly fine for someone to think that. Some people in their 30's think like that all the time. Thing is by that time they often get too desperate, marry some guy from Libya who rips them off then go whining to The Sun. It will be OK, just don't give up. Don't think that the guy will come to you if you sit back, sometimes you just have to put yourself out there. Whatever your comfortable with.:)

Real Life Lara
04-04-07, 21:38
Awww but I'm not Japanese Lara. :(

There are exceptions :pi:

*cackles as Mitch flees to the Netherlands or something* :p

Ada the Mental
04-04-07, 21:42
Well at my age marriage and family is the last thing that concerns me.:p

I think that having marriage as a goal of life is wrong.Finding love should be the goal,not the marriage itself.
IMO,it's a decision that should be taken seriously and only if you it's truly what the two people want and not what society orders.

And when I say what society orders...Some very nice examples are the women that hit 30 and and freak out about getting married as soon as possible,mothers,exasperated at their teenage daughters questionable knack for household stuff asking them what they're going to do "when they get married' as if it's an iron-clad fact that they have to get married.

As for the wedding itself...Well...I'm not the type of girl that'd plan the glamorus/fairy-tale-like ceremony from the age of ten....

bett
04-04-07, 21:45
my belief on marriage: do it once, do it right.

if things continue as they are, i will convert and have a large Catholic wedding after i am finished with school and have a stable life

Roddy100
05-04-07, 00:47
I've been married three years and I love it. I can honestly say that my wife is my absolute best friend and it's so great having someone who loves you enough to have committed to you for a lifetime, to come home to each day.

It's even better now that I have a baby daughter who is all smiles and unconditional love, when I walk through the door after work.

I think people can be put off by the expense and grand scale of weddings but mine was done on very small budget and with only 25 guests! (Perfect for me since I have a fear of crowds.)

Izzie404
05-04-07, 03:55

yea, I would definitely love that with a Japanese Girl :D, and the Sakura trees would make it absolutely stunning ;).

Mary CF
05-04-07, 04:01
My ideal ceremony would have a lot to do with where I met the person and what brought us together. Or, a place we'd both like to go. Something like that, you know? I find it hard to be specific because it these things aren't fixed. However, I'd like it to be on a beach, or somewhere tropical.

As for who would be attending, I can't imagine not including the people who are important in my life. I have been through a relationship where the other person tried to control who I saw and avoided my family, and I simply won't have that anymore. He has to get along with the people I care about, and in turn they have to like him, as well.

I always told myself I'd never get married, but I see that changing. Even my plan to never have kids may change. All it takes is the right person.

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-04-07, 04:13
Small wedding at my home church with the man I am sooooooooooo in love with. That's perfection. :jmp:

Ikas90
05-04-07, 04:40
Personally, I don't want to get married. I'm too young at this time, and getting married will take up a lot of your time, and cause extreme pain and suffering. Marriage is only important if you wish to have children, which I don't want! :p

Well it all depends, because when I'm older, say 30 or so, my mind might change, and then I might want to get married. But at this time, love is more important than marriage :p So, no thanks! :ton:

Autolycus
05-04-07, 07:09
Imo marrige is a total waste of time and i don't believe in it one little bit. I mean you don't have to marry someone just to show them how much you care for them. As for me getting married not a chance anyway 9 out of 10 marriges fail so whats the point.

The only people who gain through marrige are divorce lawyers.

CuteKittenlol
05-04-07, 09:26
Meh, I can't see myself getting married. I don't know who would want to marry me. If I ever do get married, then I feel sorry for the guy who has to put up with me. Like Saki said, I guess it's all for the kids (Which I REALLY don't want...) so...meh. XD

Boyfriends are good. ^_^

disneyprincess20
05-04-07, 09:44
I want to get married, but I want to live with my other half first. We are currently quite some distance apart so I before we get married I want o live with him in a stable relationship first.

Sadly enough, we've worked out some deatils about our wedding! He won't tell me certain things, but I'll get them out of him eventually :pi:
But because we both have big, easily offended families it looks like it's going to have to be a big wedding, whether we want it or not!

I'm actually very selfish about this. I love him and love being with him, and I love how he makes me feel. I don't want that feeling to go away. If by signing a piece of paper whilst dressed as a merangue will mean that the feeling will never go away I'll do it, just to be with him. See? Kind of selfish :o

Melonies Homeboy
06-04-07, 22:35
Small wedding at my home church with the man I am sooooooooooo in love with. That's perfection. :jmp:

My true love :hug: Im so in love with you! :hug: :hug: :hug: