PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Firefly/Serenity fans

Greenkey2
04-04-07, 20:18
Serenity has been voted the top sci-fi film of all time in a poll by leading magazine SFX - beating Star Wars to the top spot.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6517155.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_6518795

Right! Hands up all those who're holding out for Firefly Series II?! :jmp: :yah:

Mad Tony
04-04-07, 20:19
Saw that the other day. Was unpleasantly surprised.

Draco
04-04-07, 20:24
Sweet, though I'd suspect its innaccurate somehow...Firefly never gained enough popularity to beat Star Wars.

Your comment sounds distinctly negative Mad Tony...or did I mistake your meaning?

Natey168
04-04-07, 20:33
*Raises hand* Oh mah Gawd! Firefly and Serenity are teh awesomeness!!! Mmmmm...Firefly/Serenity. Joss is awesome. :D

Mad Tony
04-04-07, 20:34
Your comment sounds distinctly negative Mad Tony...or did I mistake your meaning?I was surprised. And I prefer Star Wars. That's all.

Draco
04-04-07, 20:37
Star Wars was great...until it became so damn successful that George got silly with it.

Alive_and_Funky
04-04-07, 20:49
Looks like I've got to go and watch Serenity!

Was the list including the series as a whole or as just one film? I've noticed that The Matrix is on the list, and if it means that Star Wars is a better series than The Matrix Trilogy then I agree, but I prefer the first Matrix movie to all of the Star Wars movies so I'd say that was better if it meant just the one film.
I'm quite pleased Back to the Future also got on the list. :D

Clara [CA]
04-04-07, 21:01
Joss is awesome. :D
So true :tmb:

Angelus
04-04-07, 21:13
That's great news! :tmb:

All we need now is Firefly Season 2. :D

I love Joss Whedon. :D

Trigger_happy
04-04-07, 21:25
Serenity was a great movie- I hadn't watched much of firefly, but I understood all the characters and as usual, the action and dialogue was fantastic. I still think that Zoe had the best line in the whole film!

Lew
04-04-07, 22:33
Buffy is still better and always will be :)

Legend of Lara
04-04-07, 23:53
Your comment sounds distinctly negative Mad Tony...or did I mistake your meaning?

Oh, I love members who post so politely. :D

Firefly was seriously underrated but I still loved it. :jmp: I haven't seen Serenity. But it's been gathering posistive feedback. :pi:

Catapharact
05-04-07, 00:08
Right! Hands up all those who're holding out for Firefly Series II?! :jmp: :yah:

Wouldn't bother much with the series, but Serenity was definately the answer to my prayers for finding a better substitue for the trashed up flick "The fifth element." Serenity was by far so much better. A more stable plot, a more centelized gifted child Lol! (Milla couldn't pull "innocent" off for ****) and a much more integrated and subtle humor from the main protagonist.

All in all, not too shabby.

Natey168
05-04-07, 01:08
Oh, I love members who post so politely. :D

Firefly was seriously underrated but I still loved it. :jmp: I haven't seen Serenity. But it's been gathering posistive feedback. :pi:
Watch it! :D Right now! I command you!

tlr online
05-04-07, 01:56
Serenity has been voted the top sci-fi film of all time in a poll by leading magazine SFX - beating Star Wars to the top spot.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6517155.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_6518795

Awesome series. Awesome movie. Shame they canned it.

disneyprincess20
05-04-07, 09:30
Ha! Maybe Fox will start to think about bringing it back! :jmp:

Great show, great film. Haven't there been rumours of an MMORPG? :pi: might be wrong.

Sofitegan
05-04-07, 12:07
yay! i love firefly and serenity. but Id rather get a series 3 of dark angel. i feel like i've had closure on firefly now! lol! :P

Draco
05-04-07, 14:33
yay! i love firefly and serenity. but Id rather get a series 3 of dark angel. i feel like i've had closure on firefly now! lol! :P

Why not both?