PDA

View Full Version : This thread is to all the soldiers out in war...

xBoricua
06-04-07, 02:35
Important: This thread is for all the soldier out in war or who use to be in war to support your family and country...

When I saw this, my eyes got watery people. I'm warning you now. So if you don't feel the need to support the people you love out in war or use to be in war or whoever fought for you, then don't watch it.

This is basically a 'Heartwarming Story About One Person who is Making a Difference'.

It's PG, don't worry, but it's a moment to see.

Please take the time to watch it all...

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

A bit off topic but I wanted to point it out... I think the singer is the voice who does the Legend theme. If you hear closely it sounds EXACTLY like it.

AnthonyShock1515
06-04-07, 02:45
Yes, that is her.

The video is nice.:) It's a nice idea

How exactly are they fighting for us?:confused: The one thing we should be doing is getting them out of there not supporting them. They're just being used as pawns. Now that people are demanding the troops be removed, the governments are panicing, they don't wanna seem evil to us, they wanna look like the good guys. Where will they get there oil now? There answer is...Iran.

And it's simple how they will do that. I bet you the press will make a bad image of Iran (it has already) and try to turn the public into thinking Iran are an emerging threat and that we should invade them by letting us think that they are manufacturing nuclear weapons.

But it's not the soldier's fault. I think it's horrific how they died and I think they shouldn't ahve been sent in to start with, it's a civil war there already, we cannot stop that.

Ikas90
06-04-07, 02:53
That video brought some tears to my eyes. It was very strong... Especially in the second half of it. :(

Thanks for sharing! :tmb: It gives everyone an idea to just about how painful war can be.

Treasures
06-04-07, 03:09
Oh, my God. My boyfriend's dad is in Baghdad... They haven't heard from him in two and a half months, though. They think he might have been MIA. He was a gunner. I wish war would just stop. It's all ridiculous, really!

EDIT: :(

Eddie Haskell
06-04-07, 03:10
Thank you very much for posting this. I truly appreciate it as a 20 year veteran who served and was wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and someone who has loved ones still over there. Watching that video was hard for me, and made me cry. I came back on a stretcher, but I saw many sent back to their loved ones as you saw in that video.

Never forget that those who are there are just doing their jobs, and do not make policy or start conflicts. Do not judge these wonderful and brave men and women based on your feelings towards a country, government or leader.

Thank you again.

Treasures
06-04-07, 03:12
Oh, it must have been horrible! How old were you when you went to war?

Taylour
06-04-07, 03:16
Oh, my God. My boyfriend's dad is in Baghdad... They haven't heard from him in two and a half months, though. They think he might have been MIA. He was a gunner. I wish war would just stop. It's all ridiculous, really!

EDIT: :(

Aw, I hope things turn around for the better :hug:

Eddie Haskell
06-04-07, 03:18
I went through nearly 18 years in the military with nary a scratch, until Iraq. Then "Blam", sent home with a bullet wound. Then fully recovered I was in Afghanistan, in a seemingly safe area and then "Blam", hit again with even worse wounds. So now I'm out (at my age it was about time anyway), but there are many more over there in harms way that deserve our support and prayers.

xBoricua
06-04-07, 03:18
Thank you very much for posting this. I truly appreciate it as a 20 year veteran who served and was wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and someone who has loved ones still over there. Watching that video was hard for me, and made me cry. I came back on a stretcher, but I saw many sent back to their loved ones as you saw in that video.

Never forget that those who are there are just doing their jobs, and do not make policy or start conflicts. Do not judge these wonderful and brave men and women based on your feelings towards a country, government or leader.

Thank you again.

I have full respect for you Eddie Haskell :hug: . It must have been horrible. I, and maybe many others, would love to hear your stories, but I feel you wouldn't be confortable talking about it, which that's totally okay. This video is then for you :)

Eddie Haskell
06-04-07, 03:26
I have full respect for you Eddie Haskell :hug: . It must have been horrible. I, and maybe many others, would love to hear your stories, but I feel you wouldn't be confortable talking about it, which that's totally okay. This video is then for you :)

Let me just say that I hope that all of you young people think long and hard about your futures. The military should be a choice for you, not the only choice. Go to college. Then if you still want to join the military go for it. But do it as a wiser and better educated person.

My stories would not be appropriate here. In fact, I cannot even tell most of them anyway for a number of reasons. Suffice it to say that there are stories that never get told, not entirely anyway.

AnthonyShock1515
06-04-07, 03:31
I went through nearly 18 years in the military with nary a scratch, until Iraq. Then "Blam", sent home with a bullet wound. Then fully recovered I was in Afghanistan, in a seemingly safe area and then "Blam", hit again with even worse wounds. So now I'm out (at my age it was about time anyway), but there are many more over there in harms way that deserve our support and prayers.
wow you were based in Iraq!?

Cool:)
You must have seen a lot!

EDIT: I know what you mean Eddie. A lot of boys in my school say they are just going to go into the army when they leave school. Most of them don't know what they're signing up for; they just want to have the pleasure of firing a gun.

Treasures
06-04-07, 03:39
Thanks Taylour!! So do I! Eddie, Oh, my God. Wow. You are so lucky to have gotten through it. Like XBoricua, you have my ultimate respect. You're really brave!

Eddie Haskell
06-04-07, 03:50
wow you were based in Iraq!?

Cool:)
You must have seen a lot!

EDIT: I know what you mean Eddie. A lot of boys in my school say they are just going to go into the army when they leave school. Most of them don't know what they're signing up for; they just want to have the pleasure of firing a gun.

Shooting a gun at another human being is not pleasurable. And getting hit with a bullet fired from one is certainly not. Tell them that.

Brave? No, just doing my job as ordered. But I appreciate the thought. :)

Treasures
06-04-07, 03:52
Well it must have took some courage to pull the trigger on someone! :) I wouldn't have been able to do it. :(

xBoricua
06-04-07, 03:55
Well it must have took some courage to pull the trigger on someone! :) I wouldn't have been able to do it. :(

I'm with you on that Treasures