PDA

View Full Version : It's war time against Gamespot forum members

Tthe Spirit
07-04-07, 13:03
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/tombraider10thanniversaryedition/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-34301753&pid=934025

I love all TR games...
CD is doing an amazing job... Core also did a great job...
the franchise is still at its best... and besides i am a member in other forums and i favor the most TRforums.com bcz people here are the greatest and kindest...

well, i dont think that gamespot members have the right to say that about us...

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:08
They have a slight point even though they are offensive! I'm not included though because I love all Tomb Raider games. People that bash Tomb Raider games in this forum shouldn't call themselves Tomb Raider fans. I hate the way Crystal D and Legend is being treated in here, you're supposed to suggest not complain. Well, thats only if you love Tomb Raider and want it to last a long time.

They've added some very good points here. I love Aod but not as a Tomb Raider game but thank God I don't mind changes unlike most others.

Pointless "Hand to hand" combat

Kuris as a playable character

Lara moved much much slower in order to force some lame RPG element

Some of Laras moves were completely removed (gymnist Lara = bye bye)

The aiming changed completely

Cant sideflip and shoot at the same time

Pointless conversational gameplay

Removal of the traditional dual pistol as standard

Laras traditional attitude was altered

Alex Fly
07-04-07, 13:11
Ignore them ! :wve:

Lara'sLover
07-04-07, 13:11
WAR!!!!! How dare they :mad:

Tomb Raider Jay
07-04-07, 13:13
Honestly I wouldn't take it seriously - they are all noobs on that forum ;)

Half the time there's updates I've noticed they'll moan about how there's no Xbox 360 or PS3 versions of Anniversary - at least members on this forum have accepted there ain't going to be any next gen versions :)

Best thing is just to ignore them, they'll get board eventually :cool:

dream raider
WAR!!!!! How dare they :mad:

It wasn't direct, well not really. If you are a sickening tomb raider "fan" then you have the right to be offended.

Lara'sLover
do they even know that we have been looking at their posts?:confused:
and it was the was they called us selfish, ungrateful excuses for human beings I have ever seen.

and we are aware that CORE arn't making TRA, so how can we expect and 1 on 1 remake?

Look at the cheek! :mad I mean 75% of the members there keep *****ing and moaning until every new game is TR1 with better graphics.

It's alot less than 75% :mad:

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:16
Honestly I wouldn't take it seriously - they are all noobs on that forum ;)

Half the time there's updates I've noticed they'll moan about how there's no Xbox 360 or PS3 versions of Anniversary - at least members on this forum have accepted there ain't going to be any next gen versions :)

Best thing is just to ignore them, they'll get board eventually :cool:

Yeah-right, Anniversary is a celebration and if we want an early release then no next-gen but no one that has a next-gen console accepts that. In the Gamespot forum someone said "I wish it came out for Xbox 360 but I guess I will get it for my Pc." Unlike this forum, everyone blames Crystal D. We're as worse as them really, except in my opinion they support Tomb Raider.

Eddie Haskell
07-04-07, 13:19
There you go again. A forum is a place for the exchange of ideas and opinions. If everyone agreed with each other, or were afraid to say anything opposite of everyone else than what would be the point? The love fest and back-slapping in that other place may be what they want, but most intelligent people want to discuss and debate issues pertaining to whatever the forum is about.

And if those people don't like or want an honest exchange of opinions than why come in here? Why bother to read this so-called "negative" stuff? Stay in your cocoon, it's safe in there.

I really don't understand what some of you are afraid of. Believe me, Eidos and CD are not going to run away crying and put an end to TR because of some opinions in this or any other forum. As I have said repeatedly ad-nauseum, like any company they welcome feedback both positive and negative.

Tomb Raider Jay
07-04-07, 13:22
Yeah-right, Anniversary is a celebration and if we want an early release then no next-gen but no one that has a next-gen console accepts that. In the Gamespot forum someone said "I wish it came out for Xbox 360 but I guess I will get it for my Pc." Unlike this forum, everyone blames Crystal D. We're as worse as them really, except in my opinion they support Tomb Raider.

Whatever... :rolleyes:

All I know is it ain't even announced for PS3 or 360 and therefor there are NO next gen versions in production at all!! - it's like that Kevin guy from Eidos says they have three "epic" versions PS2, PSP and PC - that's it :)

And people on this forum do support TR, or else I wouldn't be a member here...

Tthe Spirit
07-04-07, 13:23
There you go again. A forum is a place for the exchange of ideas and opinions. If everyone agreed with each other, or were afraid to say anything opposite of everyone else than what would be the point? The love fest and back-slapping in that other place may be what they want, but most intelligent people want to discuss and debate issues pertaining to whatever the forum is about.

And if those people don't like or want an honest exchange of opinions than why come in here? Why bother to read this so-called "negative" stuff? Stay in your cocoon, it's safe in there.

I really don't understand what some of you are afraid of. Believe me, Eidos and CD are not going to run away crying and put an end to TR because of some opinions in this or any other forum. As I have said repeatedly ad-nauseum, like any company they welcome feedback both positive and negative.

good point...

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:24
Whatever... :rolleyes:

All I know is it ain't even announced for PS3 or 360 and therefor there's are NO next gen versions in production at all!! - it's like that Kevin guy from Eidos says they have three "epic" versions PS2, PSP and PC - that's it :)

And people on this forum do support TR, or else I wouldn't be a member here...

Looks like you took things personally. It's all about bashing in here "All look, somethings wrong with that, I hate you Crystal D!:mad:" when it should be like "That doesn't look right, I wish Crystal D change it. Do you agree?:)." I'm not speaking directly to you unless you similar to my description. :)

Pablo.CT
07-04-07, 13:24
Just Ignore them ;)

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:25
good point...

Very good point but it isn't really like that in here.

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:26
Just Ignore them ;)

They weren't refering to all of us only those sickening fans which I know lurk in here.

dark_angel_7
07-04-07, 13:26
1 WORD describes that post - Stupidity :). The best thing to do is IGNORE IT and get on with our lives.

Sara Croft
07-04-07, 13:27
It's all about bashing in here "All look, somethings wrong with that, I hate you Crystal D!:mad:"
Ìt is not, im a core fan, but i dont come with brutal bashing before i see something that really ****ed me off. And we do also say that we love them when they givce what we want!

And THIS forum does at least not go personal.
we can strongely disagree on things but I dont think i`ve read anywhere here: Your a idiot, you troll our forums etc etc.
I was just in there seeing that someone was going personal on 'kill bill' wich is on this forum, wich really ****ed me off!
And if something does go personal Mods takes action very fast.

Gregori
07-04-07, 13:29
Soulution: Don't read anything on Gamespot forum, ever.

Eddie Haskell
07-04-07, 13:30
Looks like you took things personally. It's all about bashing in here "All look, somethings wrong with that, I hate you Crystal D!:mad:" when it should be like "That doesn't look right, I wish Crystal D change it. Do you agree?:)." I'm not speaking directly to you unless you similar to my description. :)

A select few use the simple "shock value" method of getting their point across, and their use of the language is as you described. But most do write in a manner that is not hateful, but still meant to show their displeasure in something. I think that you try and read between the lines in many posts, simply because you vehemently disagree. Be confident in yourself and your opinions. That way you will not be shaken and upset when someone knocks something that you like. :)

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:31
̀t is now, im a core fan, but i dont come with brutal bashing before i see something that really ****ed me off. And we do also say that we love them when they givce what we want!

And THIS forum does at least not go personal.
we can strongely disagree on things but I dont think i`ve read anywhere here: Your a idiot, you troll our forums etc etc.

In this forum some people take things personally like "What is Crystal D trying to prove?" they don't understand that they create games and that they're only doing their job. What is it in Anniversary that really ****ed you off? The pick-up sound? Fans that love Tomb Raider don't get annoyed by little things like that. I'm not saying that the pick-up sound annoyed you but I want to like what ****ed you off to get you bashing. :)

blue.rellik
07-04-07, 13:31
Well, I wouldnt be offensive like they are being, but they do have a point. I mean, the situation has gotten so ridiculous, that I wouldnt be surprised if a thread was created complaining about Lara´s boobies not being triangular like they were in the original. Or why does Lara´s lips move if they didnt in the Original TR game? Why isnt the landscape all blocky?
Or people wanting the old Mansion in AE instead of her new Manor. Sure, a house full of boxes, a gym in your living room... how fun.

People are stuck so much to the old titles that cant accept changes.

dark_angel_7
07-04-07, 13:33
Good point blue.rellik :tmb:

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:33
Well, I wouldnt be offensive like they are being, but they do have a point. I mean, the situation has gotten so ridiculous, that I wouldnt be surprised if a thread was created complaining about Lara´s boobies not being triangular like they were in the original. Or why does Lara´s lips move if they didnt in the Original TR game? Why isnt the landscape all blocky?
Or people wanting the old Mansion in AE instead of her new Manor. Sure, a house full of boxes, a gym in your living room... how fun.

Yes, no wonder Aod was a failure. If only people accepted changes things would be a lot better. Now it's time for everyone to accept this change. Some people don't feel anything special about Tomb Raider and Lara, if Tomb Raider was never to be continued then I guess most would say "Meh, I have Final Fantasy to play, bye Lara Croft!"

Rivendell
07-04-07, 13:36
Wow, another 'complain about the complainers' thread.
Woop-di-doo.

We don't condone 'war' here, so even though nobody has suggested it, it's advisable not to start flaming over there.

People that bash Tomb Raider games in this forum shouldn't call themselves Tomb Raider fans.

Damn, I guess I'm not a TR fan then. And I'd say that goes for about 99% of the members here - I think there's an insanely small amount of people who love every single thing about Every TR game on this forum. Your suggesting that anyone having ANY problem with any TR game isn't a fan.

Don't be surprised that others 'are getting personal' after saying something like that.

Tthe Spirit
07-04-07, 13:37

You maybe right... but i bet those who wanted the old mansion didnt mean it exactly have to be like TR1... maybe TR3... they just want the previious design...
It isnt that problem, but Lara does have 3 manors...
so i think she must return to the old 1 in this remake...
anyhow, i dont think that these fans here are sickening... they are all great... people arent the same everywhere... somethings we like, others hate.... and we hate some of the things that others like.

but those forums members are so insensitive...
i would want to see what will they be doing when their best game is set out for a close release...

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:38
Woop-di-doo.

We don't condone 'war' here, so even though nobody has suggested it, it's advisable not to start flaming over there.

Damn, I guess I'm not a TR fan then. And I'd say that goes for about 99% of the members here - I think there's an insanely small amount of people who love every single thing about Every TR game on this forum. Your suggesting that anyone having ANY problem with any TR game isn't a fan.

Don't be surprised that others 'are getting personal' after saying something like that.

I said bashing Tomb Raider, so if people don't like something they don't have to bash or insult it. They shouldn't be called Tomb Raider fans. So I didn't like somethings about Tomb Raider but I don't bash the game. Don't you agree that anyone that bashes tomb raider is not a tomb raider fan?

2kool4u
07-04-07, 13:39
[QUOTE=dream raider;1710218]They have a slight point even though they are offensive! I'm not included though because I love all Tomb Raider games. People that bash Tomb Raider games in this forum shouldn't call themselves Tomb Raider fans. I hate the way Crystal D and Legend is being treated in here, you're supposed to suggest not complain. Well, thats only if you love Tomb Raider and want it to last a long time.
I AGREE!

Sara Croft
07-04-07, 13:40
What is it in Anniversary that really ****ed you off?:)

Well theres nothing that has really ****ed me off.
But for instance the mansion is replaced by the manor made me pretty mad, and those whimpy jumps dosent look too fun either..
And natla looks cool, but not half as cool as the old one.
But the thing that annoys me most has to be the grappel.
TRA looks exactly the same as legend too me.
I hate that lara needs stuff to get through a tomb, that was one of the good old things with the classics.

Aztek463
07-04-07, 13:43
I'm not gonna say I agree with them, but they do have a point about people whining about all the gameplay footage that's been released. Thing is, just assume that what you're seeing will be different in the final version. That's why they release the extra footage - to hear your gripes and fix them :)

Eddie Haskell
Woop-di-doo.

Yeah, according to that theory only a handful are really TR fans. Is this so? Is stating your honest opinion and wishing to see some changes (regardless of how large or small) wrong? Should you just accept or learn to like something that you do not like in the game without a peep?

MMAN
I already posted in that anyway; I agree in some ways, in that some of the hating on TRA after that Egypt gameplay video was ridiculous (although it has cleared up now that CD has released some recent, much better, gameplay videos).

Of course, the "75%" blanket statement is completely stupid.

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:44
Well theres nothing that has really ****ed me off.
But for instance the mansion is replaced by the manor made me pretty mad, and those whimpy jumps dosent look too fun either..
And natla looks cool, but not half as cool as the old one.
But the thing that annoys me most has to be the grappel.
TRA looks exactly the same as legend too me.
I hate that lara needs stuff to get through a tomb, that was one of the good old things with the classics.

But these are new and fresh things fans have to accept. Now Lara has knew moves and the old manor would do her no good. So she has a grapple now so she can manipulate the environment like an acrobat. I find it very tomb raider-ish but since people will say that I don't accept others opinion I'll let you be. I can't do anything about it. :)

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:47
Woop-di-doo.

I want to make sure you saw my post, I don't want you thinking I'm some sort of witch that everyone has to accept what I accept.

Repsonse to quote

I said bashing Tomb Raider, so if people don't like something they don't have to bash or insult it. They shouldn't be called Tomb Raider fans. So I didn't like somethings about Tomb Raider but I don't bash the game. Don't you agree that anyone that bashes tomb raider is not a tomb raider fan?

Sara Croft
07-04-07, 13:47
I didnt say that i didnt respect others opinion, i answered your question :P
I know i have to accept it, but it is very hard for me.

dream raider
07-04-07, 13:48
I didnt say that i didnt respect others opinion, i answered your question :PI know i have to accept it, but it is very hard for me.

Yes I know, I wasn't refering to you but some others that think that whatever I accept everyone has to accept. I don't want to give that impression.

2kool4u
07-04-07, 13:49
I think they were right you guys complain on every damn detail. Like that thread that said "Why doesnt CD listen to us?" and a handful of others. CD is doing a great job.

Doctorb
07-04-07, 13:49
I already posted in that anyway; I agree in some ways, in that some of the hating on TRA after that Egypt gameplay video was ridiculous (although it has cleared up now that CD has released some recent, much better, gameplay videos).

But isn't that the point of justified complaining?

Maybe if nobody complained and everyone loved 'that' Egypt gameplay video why would Crystal bother with improvements. It also makes some peoples personal opinions rather obsolete when they think the first Egypt video was perfect only for a new improved gameplay video making the first seem flawed.

Blackmoor
07-04-07, 13:51
The biggest complainers on this forum are those people who don't want anyone to say anything against Crystal Dynamics.

They try to present their rigidity as taking the moral high ground - we support change, we don't judge a game until we've played it, etc, etc

But they are total hypocrites. Who are blinded to the fact that the only changes they accept are the Crystal endorsed ones.

If Crystal does something then it is ipso facto the right way (no ifs or buts) and, the right way to make a TR game is the way that Crystal decides it should be done. That's my summary of their attitude as I see it anyway.

Crystal doesn't put in a walk button? You don't need one.
Crystal puts one in? Good old Crystal for listening to us.
Crystal puts Lara in new outfit? Things have to change with the times.
Crystal puts her in old style? They respect the old game.
Crystal restricts the jump size? They're making it more realistic, it's better that way.
Crystal gives Lara magic moves? The game isn't meant to be realistic.
Crystal puts in Zip and Alister? It's boring when it's quiet.
Crystal takes them out? It enhances the game's atmosphere.

And on and on and on. A shifting sands of opinion based on whatever Crystal does.

I'm not meaning everyone who prefers Crystal's TR of course, there are lots and lots of reasonable people on here from both sides of the debate. Just that small number who cannot let anyone see things differently from themselves, ie, from how Crystal do things.

As Eddie says - no business wants "yes man" feedback. They want to accomodate our preferences (to maximise profitability) at the end of the day.

Rivendell
07-04-07, 13:52
I'm actually going to move this to Gen Chat. It's not specifically about TR:A anymore, just about the people on this forum.

Sara Croft
Yes I know, I wasn't refering to you but some others that think that whatever I accept everyone has to accept. I don't want to give that impression.
Aaah ok, thought you where referring to me:) (Though i can be like that sometimes, but.. I didnt say that!:whi:)

I think they were right you guys complain on every damn detail. Like that thread that said "Why doesnt CD listen to us?" and a handful of others. CD is doing a great job.
We complain about things we dont like, and if its a detail we dont like we will of course tell. We want the perfect game, and we cant be quiet if we dont like it.

Eddie Haskell

CD is doing a great job. That's what you said, you stated your opinion of them. Now what if someone said CD is doing a lousy job? Is there equal rights?

YvesSL
07-04-07, 13:56
LMAO! They can eat me.

CitanMK
07-04-07, 13:56
They aren't completely wrong :(

I've read a lot of times "if was core who made this", "crystal dynamics will never get the TR feeling", "crystal dynamics destroyed the franchise"... There's cases where people comments in a thread and we can easily see they are just doing a "bashing crystal dynamics" routine.

I can't see any constructive comments in these cases...

But i think it's really positive when someone posts negative (and constructive) comments, CD already changed a lot of things thanks to these comments.

MMAN
07-04-07, 13:57
But isn't that the point of justified complaining?

Maybe if nobody complained and everyone loved 'that' Egypt gameplay video why would Crystal bother with improvements. It also makes some peoples personal opinions rather obsolete when they think the first Egypt video was perfect only for a new improved gameplay video making the first seem flawed.

That gameplay video always appeared completely "beta" and unfinished to me. So it's hard to tell.

Also, I was mainly talking about how some people decided to hate the game for completely inane things from that video (I could swear someone said something like it sucked because Lara's hair is the wrong shade), rather than than stuff that is actually important.

Eddie Haskell
07-04-07, 13:58
The biggest complainers on this forum are those people who don't want anyone to say anything against Crystal Dynamics.

They try to present their rigidity as taking the moral high ground - we support change, we don't judge a game until we've played it, etc, etc

But they are total hypocrites. Who are blinded to the fact that the only changes they accept are the Crystal endorsed ones.

If Crystal does something then it is ipso facto the right way (no ifs or buts) and, the right way to make a TR game is the way that Crystal decides it should be done. That's my summary of their attitude as I see it anyway.

Crystal doesn't put in a walk button? You don't need one.
Crystal puts one in? Good old Crystal for listening to us.
Crystal puts Lara in new outfit? Things have to change with the times.
Crystal puts her in old style? They respect the old game.
Crystal restricts the jump size? They're making it more realistic, it's better that way.
Crystal gives Lara magic moves? The game isn't meant to be realistic.
Crystal puts in Zip and Alister? It's boring when it's quiet.
Crystal takes them out? It enhances the game's atmosphere.

And on and on and on. A shifting sands of opinion based on whatever Crystal does.

I'm not meaning everyone who prefers Crystal's TR of course, there are lots and lots of reasonable people on here from both sides of the debate. Just that small number who cannot let anyone see things differently from themselves, ie, from how Crystal do things.

As Eddie says - no business wants "yes man" feedback. They want to accomodate our preferences (to maximise profitability) at the end of the day.

I wish I could write as well as you do Blackmoor. :) Your logic in this post is indisputable and enlightening. Everyone should read it. Well done. :tmb:

2kool4u
07-04-07, 13:59
Not really if it wasnt for CD TR would be dead and buried. I liked AoD but Core really ****ed it up. Controls etc. You cant say CD is doing a lousy job just look at all the hype.

Rivendell
07-04-07, 14:02
I can't help but laugh at this thread now, we've all heard it so many times and we've all argued our case til we're blue in the face and yet it...keeps...happening..

:vlol: :rolleyes:

Catapharact
Going back to the heart of the matter concerning this thread:

I am really amused as to how the "kiddies" of this forum expect to be threated with maturity when all they do is put up slop of a thread like this one. What would one expect from a forum? (even a game spot forum.) Would you expect them to kiss CDs behinds just because they are linked the the TR franchise? comeon!

People here don't just take things personal... They act as if thir family members work with CD or core! Its down right sad and pathetic to see such display of wasteful uproar over nothing...

*Sigh...* There is no hope for the GC forum.

dream raider
Not really if it wasnt for CD TR would be dead and buried. I liked AoD but Core really ****ed it up. Controls etc. You cant say CD is doing a lousy job just look at all the hype.

Yes, I agree. If it wasn't for Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider would be dead and buried, instead of being thankful people are more negative. It's like saying better leave Lara dead.

Doctorb
I wish I could write as well as you do Blackmoor. :) Your logic in this post is indisputable and enlightening. Everyone should read it. Well done. :tmb:

Same here.
I cry with my head on the keyboard sometimes.

2kool4u
07-04-07, 14:04
I can't help but laugh at this thread now, we've all heard it so many times and we've all argued our case til we're blue in the face and yet it...keeps...happening..

hey! I like to Argue.
off topic im getting RE0 im almost done with remake!

Sara Croft
07-04-07, 14:05
Yes, I agree. If it wasn't for Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider would be dead and buried, instead of being thankful people are more negative. It's like saying better leave Lara dead.
I would have thought that if CD didnt get the job, Core would have continued, am i wrong?

Anyway, If i am. If all tomb raiders future would be like legend, then yes. It would have been better to leave lara dead.

MiCkiZ88
07-04-07, 14:07

May I join you.. :pi:

There are so many things that I would love to say. But I better not. Blackmoor already said what I think and in a very good way :tmb:

dream raider
07-04-07, 14:10
I would have thought that if CD didnt get the job, Core would have continued, am i wrong?

Anyway, If i am. If all tomb raiders future would be like legend, then yes. It would have been better to leave lara dead.

Core wouldn't have continued they would have hired another group. Ouch. You would have preferd Lara dead? How heartless... Sorry but in my opinion you are no Tomb Raider fan. Please ignore me.

Sara Croft
07-04-07, 14:11
Will do. :P

Eddie Haskell
07-04-07, 14:12
You cant say CD is doing a lousy job just look at all the hype.

That's a ridiculous statement, sorry. You're telling someone that they cannot have an opinion. I've got news for you. Even if 5 billion people thought TR:L was the greatest game in history, the remaining few would still be entitled to their opinion that the game sucked. And they would be right, just as you're statement that CD is doing a great job is right. Some things in life are opinions, and others are facts.

Examples:
"This hamburger tastes great!" = OPINION

"After measuring it carefully, this board is exactly 36" long" = FACT

"Lara jumps like a monkey" = OPINION

"CD creates Lara and Tomb Raider" = FACT

"CD is doing a great job" = OPINION

"Everyone in this forum is a human" = FACT (I think!)

Sara Croft
07-04-07, 14:13
Im a car in reality.

Anyway, i think u made some great points Eddie!
People has to be able to say: CD sucks, Core sucks etc etc.
But the only way it will be respected is if they bring up good points.

Rivendell
07-04-07, 14:14

I could've sworn there were some from the 'troll' species you know!

dream raider
07-04-07, 14:15
That's a ridiculous statement, sorry. You're telling someone that they cannot have an opinion. I've got news for you. Even if 5 billion people thought TR:L was the greatest game in history, the remaining few would still be entitled to their opinion that the game sucked. And they would be right, just as you're statement that CD is doing a great job is right. Some things in life are opinions, and others are facts.

Examples:
"This hamburger tastes great!" = OPINION

"After measuring it carefully, this board is exactly 36" long" = FACT

"Lara jumps like a monkey" = OPINION

"CD creates Lara and Tomb Raider" = FACT

"CD is doing a great job" = OPINION

He clearly stated what he saw, Tomb Raider Legend was crafted with a lot of thought and creativity. You know, if I didn't like a game (Resident Evil for example) which was made with a lot of effort that doesn't mean I have to like it. His just saying that Crystal D are putting a lot of effort in the franchise. People may like the result or may dislike it.

aussie500
07-04-07, 14:21
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/tombraider10thanniversaryedition/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-34301753&pid=934025

I love all TR games...
CD is doing an amazing job... Core also did a great job...
the franchise is still at its best... and besides i am a member in other forums and i favor the most TRforums.com bcz people here are the greatest and kindest...

well, i dont think that gamespot members have the right to say that about us...

Do we not have enough complaining nitpickers on our own forum to keep people occuopied, now you want to go and pick a fight with other forums. Really we do not need to now what the others are saying, we have enough to talk about here thanks

Eddie Haskell
07-04-07, 14:27
Do we not have enough complaining nitpickers on our own forum to keep people occuopied, now you want to go and pick a fight with other forums. Really we do not need to now what the others are saying, we have enough to talk about here thanks

Never fear, if such a battle were to ensue our wit, wisdom and experience would prevail. In fact, it might make for some peacemaking in here, find a common enemy from beyond. In the same manner that an alien invasion would unite the world. ;)

Elysia
07-04-07, 14:31
:vlol:

Lmao! This is greatly amusing me no end... come on, people, see the wood for the trees! Someone came here, someone disagreed with them, so they trundled off to Gamespot to have a whinge. Which they are, quite frankly, entitled to do. Why is everyone getting so upset about it? Sheesh! Are we really *that* insecure? Just leave them alone and let them get on with it - no need to drag it over here!

(Oh, and Blackmoor - you go, girl! :tmb:)

*Exactly* - couldn't've put it better, Aussie :tmb:

Aurimas
07-04-07, 14:38
I love Tomb Raider (even Legend, because it has TR title :p ), but we are members of TR comunity and we almoust dictate the way how tomb raider games must go fovard to, they are just players, who don't understand the real Tomb Raider, so they are not worth your attention.

Mad Tony
07-04-07, 14:41
They're entitled to their own opinion. Although some of that was pretty rude. But if they must result to that sort of stuff and go that low, so be it. :wve:

It did provide some good laughs, like this:

This is my view:
Tomb raider officially ended after the third installment. Tomb Raider 4-6 have never existed and Tomb raider legend is a decent sidestory.If Tomb Raider officially ended, how comes Tomb Raider 4 onwards have Tomb Raider before the tile of the game? :vlol: Some people are silly.

Although it does annoy me slightly that they're getting upset about how some people don't like CD. As Eddie Haskell said, it's all opinion. Why exactly have they got a problem with some of us having opinions?

Catapharact
07-04-07, 14:46
Mad Tony:

You do know that he ment that as a Figurative statement right?

Mad Tony
07-04-07, 14:48
Mad Tony:

You do know that he ment that as a Figurative statement right?Yeah, but I still think it was pretty dumb. He mentioned official. Now it's obvious he knew there are more Tomb Raider game but I was mainly pointing out how he used the word official.

Ikas90
07-04-07, 14:50
Some people are very silly there. That's one of the reasons I decided not to post there anymore. :rolleyes:

Ada the Mental
07-04-07, 14:54
Who cares to be honest?It's the internet,not real life!

It's their opinion I can't understand why people get upset about bickering with people on the net?Just silly.

I personally find the whole situation rather amusing.I'm practically in stitches.

And as a mtter of fact they might be offensive but they do have a point.

Agent 47
07-04-07, 14:54
just been to take a look................they seem like morons to me so don't worry about folks :)

Bowie
07-04-07, 14:58
All I can say is, it's only offensive if you believe it to be true.

viper456
07-04-07, 14:59
i don't really see what the problem is. They are just expressing an opinion, and lets face it, theres a large amount of people on here that say "its my opinion, cant i have an opinion?" to justify their comments so try not to be so hypocritical.

Ada the Mental
07-04-07, 15:06
I think it's funny that people get so upset about a game and about the opinion people on other communities have.Or rather sad and ridiculous.

In the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinion,and it's highly unlikely that anything someone says will make one change it.if counter-argument are posted in a flaming way,which will only make someone cling to one's opinion even more tightly.
So why not just discuss without heating up,taking stuff seriously and end up quarelling?

I personally keep myself distant and don't take the matter nor seriously nor in a personal way.

Greenkey2
07-04-07, 15:08
Honestly, what a complete waste of time and energy this thread is turning into.

To the nit-pickers of all forums: you all have opinions. Sometimes they're different. Get over it.

Hybrid Soldier
07-04-07, 15:18
LOL.

How does this work? I'm a Gamespot member and a TRF member.

Lew
07-04-07, 15:24
*****s. Lmao they're right *****ing, pfft there probably geeks who stay on Gamespot 24/7 not going out having fun eg. getting drunk etc. That community is corrupt.

Legend of Lara
07-04-07, 15:25
Ugh... I never liked GameSpot. Forums, articles, reviews... it's all a bit biased, really!

Hybrid Soldier
07-04-07, 15:30
Ugh... I never liked GameSpot. Forums, articles, reviews... it's all a bit biased, really!

Hardly. If thats the case just about all game sites with reviews are biased.

Lew
07-04-07, 15:31
Gamespot, the site, is good IMO IGN are really biased and **** for everything.

Agent 47
07-04-07, 15:32
*****s. Lmao they're right *****ing, pfft there probably geeks who stay on Gamespot 24/7 not going out having fun eg. getting drunk etc. That community is corrupt.

i was going to register just to defend this place and it's fine members, and defend Core also

but i thought why bother :mad:

Lew
07-04-07, 15:35
i was going to register just to defend this place and it's fine members, and defend Core also

but i thought why bother :mad:

What's thats suppose to mean?

2kool4u
07-04-07, 15:37
He clearly stated what he saw, Tomb Raider Legend was crafted with a lot of thought and creativity. You know, if I didn't like a game (Resident Evil for example) which was made with a lot of effort that doesn't mean I have to like it. His just saying that Crystal D are putting a lot of effort in the franchise. People may like the result or may dislike it.

Thank you!!! I just stated the facts. The numbers dont lie. :p

Toonamy
07-04-07, 15:38
Pepole on this forum support Tomb Raider and Lara, we spend so mutch time moaning about things because we want the games to turn out as god as possible.
Do you think we would spend so much time on something that didnt bother us?
Do you think peolpe would complain about small things if it wasnt so close to their hart?

I love the Tomb Raider games, i will allways do.

I dont just sitt around and hope for the best like som people at gamesport obvisly do

Catapharact
07-04-07, 15:40

Well looking through another POV, they think you're a total TRaholic who can't seem to take a grasp of the fact that its a simple game and its nothing to get so worked up over about and that its just childish and totally a braindead act on your par to worship it like you do.

Views go both ways. Remember that.

Agent 47
07-04-07, 15:44
What's thats suppose to mean?

they obviously low life chavs, why lower ones self to their standards eh! :D

Lew
07-04-07, 15:50
Well looking through another POV, they think you're a total TRaholic who can't seem to take a grasp of the fact that its a simple game and its nothing to get so worked up over about and that its just childish and totally a braindead act on your par to worship it like you do.

Views go both ways. Remember that.

WTF? You make no sense.

they obviously low life chavs, why lower ones self to their standards eh! :D

Lol yeah probably.

2kool4u
07-04-07, 15:51
he never does. :whi:
lol

Catapharact
07-04-07, 15:52
WTF? You make no sense.

You really need to re-read over your own posts sometimes. Then give a response.

Mr.Burns
07-04-07, 15:53
WTF? You make no sense.

I understand his point perfectly. He's in a manner of speaking, playing Devil's Advocate to show you the other side's thinking.

Forwen
07-04-07, 15:55
Wowza. 9 pages thread to comment on another 2 pages one and still counting. Keep 'em comin'!

2kool4u
07-04-07, 15:56
Honestly these guys areright. Most ofyou complain about the most stupidest things for example. "Zomg her nails are pink, why doesnt CD listen to us, and my favorite, Natla is ugly." If you guys can do better let us see.

Catapharact
07-04-07, 15:57
Wowza. 9 pages thread to comment on another 2 pages one and still counting. Keep 'em comin'!

Sarcasam mixed in the obvious sting of reality as to how much a perpetual waste of forum space this thread has become.

Kudos :D.

dream raider
Honestly these guys areright. Most ofyou complain about the most stupidest things for example. "Zomg her nails are pink, why doesnt CD listen to us, and my favorite, Natla is ugly." If you guys can do better let us see.

Lol! Yes that is so true! Also the pick-up sound. If you love Tomb Raider small things like that wouldn't even go through your head.

Greenkey2
I think we've all said what needs to be said.

Thread closed.

Mad Tony
Thank you!!! I just stated the facts. The numbers dont lie. :pLegend being good or not is opinion. Not fact. Legend is neither good nor bad. The Same goes with any other game or movie.