PDA

View Full Version : Trainspotting

TombRaiderLover
07-04-07, 15:18
Anybody else seen this wonderful film? :)

tlr online
07-04-07, 15:19
Awesome movie! And Ewan is a star!!

Mr.Burns
07-04-07, 15:22
Great movie:) One of my personal favorites.

TombRaiderLover
07-04-07, 15:22
Whoa! The great tlr online was the first to post in my thread. *blushes*

I mean, anyway, yes, I feel Ewan is a brilliant actor in this film, as are the others around him.

I watched the film again for the one-billionth time on Film Four last night. I love its choice of it music, the storyline, the surreal tone to the movie, and I feel that it moves at a quick pace and that it's wonderfully entertaining.

Never read the book on which it's based, though. I'm sure it's just as brilliant.

How do you feel about the film Shallow Grave, if you've seen it? It was Danny Boyle's (director of Trainspotting) first film, and also stars Ewan McGregor.

Mr.Burns
07-04-07, 15:29
How do you feel about the film Shallow Grave, if you've seen it? It was Danny Boyle's (director of Trainspotting) first film, and also stars Ewan McGregor.

That one is certainly more morbid than Trainspotting but I did enjoy the darker atmosphere. Yea, Danny and Ewan were a good team, it's too bad that Danny sold out and didn't cast Ewan in The Beach.

TombRaiderLover
07-04-07, 15:32
That one is certainly more morbid than Trainspotting but I did enjoy the darker atmosphere. Yea, Danny and Ewan were a good team, it's too bad that Danny sold out and didn't cast Ewan in The Beach.

I think I many have seen some of The Beach years ago, though I can't remember it very well at all.

I've also seen A Life Less Ordinary, which some consider to be the last entry in the Danny/Ewan trilogy. It's odd seeing the pair team up this time to pull off a romantic black comedy, considering their dark and mature previous collaborations.

Still, Danny is unable to keep the film violence-free, even though it is a romantic comedy. :D

Mr.Burns
07-04-07, 15:36
I think I many have seen some of The Beach years ago, though I can't remember it very well at all.

I've also seen A Life Less Ordinary, which some consider to be the last entry in the Danny/Ewan trilogy. It's odd seeing the pair team up this time to pull off a romantic black comedy, considering their dark and mature previous collaborations.

Still, Danny is unable to keep the film violence-free, even though it is a romantic comedy. :D

This is sad. When I read that I thought, "it wasn't out THAT long ago." A quick check on IMDB confirmed it. Seven years *shakes head* Anyway, LLO I never got a chance to see but that was their last project together. The Beach came out in 2000 and was originally supposed to star Ewan (per a prior agreement between the two) but as the rumors go, the studio execs would give Danny substantially more money if he agreed to cast Leo DiCaprio instead. Obviously Danny agreed and thus ended the partnership with Ewan.

TombRaiderLover
07-04-07, 15:40
*tut tut tut*

They're the only films of Danny's that I've seen, The Ewan McGregor trilogy, I mean. Though I've seen bit and bobs from The Beach and 28 Days Later.

As I said, it's odd seeing his films go from dark and mature from how they are now. This latest film, prior to the currently-in-cinemas Sunshine, was a children's film Millions.

Mr.Burns
07-04-07, 15:49
*tut tut tut*

They're the only films of Danny's that I've seen, The Ewan McGregor trilogy, I mean. Though I've seen bit and bobs from The Beach and 28 Days Later.

As I said, it's odd seeing his films go from dark and mature from how they are now. This latest film, prior to the currently-in-cinemas Sunshine, was a children's film Millions.

Tut??? Please:p Perhaps you are not aware of this but there are quite a few films I haven't seen due to lack of time or interest, kind of odd coming from a film graduate:o Well, it's not unusual for a director's style to change over the years especially when constantly working with different talent. Try watching Spielberg's films from earliest to latest, there's definitely a change in style there. I'm more of a fan of his earlier work, less flashy than what he shoots now.

2kool4u
07-04-07, 15:52
Ive neer heard of this movie. Summary please?

Mr.Burns
07-04-07, 15:55
IMDB info here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117951/). It's basically a black comedy about heroine addicts. Quite funny.

2kool4u
07-04-07, 15:56
Then ts a must see lol.

TombRaiderLover
07-04-07, 16:28
It's a drama/black comedy about a group of Scottish friends whose lives plunge downhill when they experience sex, drugs and crime. ;)

Jo269976
07-04-07, 16:43
Brilliant film and this picture explains all the fan's feelings

http://www.thecelebarchive.net/ca/graphic2/Apr2007cover.jpg

Hybrid Soldier
07-04-07, 17:40
Ohh, i remember this movie! It was a long time ago since i've seen it though.

TombRaiderLover
07-04-07, 18:41
Brilliant film and this picture explains all the fan's feelings

[image]
Oh, I've got it. We are meowing in anticipation and we like oranges. See?! I'm great at looking for the hidden meaning in pics! :D

Just joking.

Olvidarse
07-04-07, 18:55
That toilet scene was just... phew.

Jacob x5
07-04-07, 20:48
It's a very good film. ;) A bit weird to say the least. :ton:

Thorir
07-04-07, 22:06
Naked Ewan... :cln: