She is AMAZING! And Have a AMAZING VOICE :cln:

(VIDEO FOUND IN YOUTUBE.COM)

Spitfire
08-04-07, 05:15
g-e-n-i-o-u-s

Love how she made it feel so serious!

danitiwa
08-04-07, 08:31
Awesome lol..She sings sooo much better than Fergie!

tr_mitch
08-04-07, 09:17
This video was posted 5 days ago.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=91151

Betal
08-04-07, 10:27
Haha that's terrible. My poor ears. My humps is much better with Black Eyed Peas. Fergie have much better voice.

Arch
08-04-07, 10:52
Oh, God! That song was horrible! >.<
Did she even try to read the song before singing it? It talks about a slut... (So Fergie fits perfectly the role, eheh! :D ) She wants to be gazed but she plays the role of the innocent girl: "You can look but you can't touch it..."

But this song is just... wrong? dumb? It looks like the soundtrack of a movie about a poor little orphan looking for her mother... :rolleyes:

Natey168
08-04-07, 11:57
Did she even try to read the song before singing it? It talks about a slut... (So Fergie fits perfectly the role, eheh! :D ) She wants to be gazed but she plays the role of the innocent girl: "You can look but you can't touch it..."

But this song is just... wrong? dumb? It looks like the soundtrack of a movie about a poor little orphan looking for her mother... :rolleyes:
You can tell she just did it as a joke..she laughs at the end.

Plus, you can just tell from the way she acts in the video.
:vlol:

kryptonite23
08-04-07, 11:58
That was fantastic!!:cln:

Forwen
08-04-07, 12:21

And what's your guess about the purpose of this video then?

Mine is that Alanis aimed to ridicule the pretentious, bloated and increasingly shallow, yet more and more prevalent aesthetics of the so called popular music, with its almost ritual glorification of quick one-night stands, empty interpersonal contacts and rampaging materialism as well as a presumption that the sluttier the video the higher the art - indeed, a dangerous mindset becoming a must for the so called masses aged between 13 and 25 (approximately). By making a somewhat clumsy, low-budget video with as little digital tweaking as possible, chubby dancers and unprofessional moves - according to the described mindset, a crap - yet of much higher than in the original value of the voice and music, Alanis covertly yet consistently critisises the situation of main musical stage of these days.

Just a wild guess of mine, though. Meanwhile, I'm loading this for the umpteenth time.

viper456
08-04-07, 12:25

Mine is that Alanis aimed to ridicule the pretentious, bloated and increasingly shallow, yet more and more prevalent aesthetics of the so called popular music, with its almost ritual glorification of quick one-night stands, empty interpersonal contacts and rampaging materialism as well as a presumption that the sluttier the video the higher the art - indeed, a dangerous mindset becoming a must for the so called masses aged between 13 and 25 (approximately). By making a somewhat clumsy, low-budget video with as little digital tweaking as possible, chubby dancers and unprofessional moves - according to the described mindset, a crap - yet of much higher than in the original value of the voice and music, Alanis covertly yet consistently critisises the situation of main musical stage of these days.

Just a wild guess of mine, though. Meanwhile, I'm loading this for the umpteenth time.

lmao :tmb:! god I love Alanis.

Legends
08-04-07, 12:28
OMG! That's awful!

Reggie
08-04-07, 12:39

Very well said Forwen. Anyone that has followed Alanis over the years will know that this was most likely her intention and I'm surprised that this hasn't come across to most people here. Ask yourselves WHY is the song so horrible?

Is it because of how Alanis sings?

I doubt it. What is so "horrible" (at least for me) is how it really hits home how cruddy the lyrics are for such an over-rated song as "My Humps".

There's nothing more I can really add since Forwen has pretty much said it all :tmb:

Forwen
08-04-07, 12:55
I'm no critic but for me Alanis sings great here as well as anywhere else - true, her voice managing is generally far from clear, but that way her style is immediately recognisable.

What makes this video not easy to forget for me is how creepy - almost surrealistic - it is. Those woohoo pop lyrics coupled with Alanis' rather gloomy voice, fixed smile and general bad acting make it look like Alice gone a wrong hole. Almost haunting.

Geck-o-Lizard
08-04-07, 13:47
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=91151&page=2 :wve: