PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park's newest album

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 19:44
Hello folks, it seems that sadly for some reason there is no Music Lovers forum on here, even though Music and Games in my opinion go hand in hand.

Because of this, if you don't mind I'd like to take the time to alert you guys to the fact that Linkin Park are releasing a new album called Minutes To Midnight and it will be available May 14th (worldwide) and May 15th (in the states). This album is set to be a drastic maturation for the band, and is the band saying goodbye to their nu-metal sound. While the first single ( available here for you to listen (http://www.lpstreetteam.com/CDA5240F87574D8387EBDE8FEC733210/tracklink.asp?guid=A3B0F403B7644AF7B0DB6492EFD17CC 3)) still holds some of the classic Linkin Park sound, the band has gone on record to say this record will be some of their most diverse music to date.

So, any LP fans in the house?

Assassino
08-04-07, 19:47
Me...absolutely love 'em:D

CerebralAssassin
08-04-07, 19:49
are you kidding?of course there are LP fans in da house!!http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/icon_super.gif

yeap,judging by that new single,the new album sounds promising!!I'm lovin the new LP!:D

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 19:50
Honestly, since I don't want you folks to be mad at me. I'm on the street team, the link there has an ID associated to me, and each time someone clicks and listens I get a point for a person I referred and the person with the most points wins a really cool contest.

So therefore, in the interests of promotion and not being a postho, if you could click and listen then send your friends that link, and tell them to pass it on, and promote LP, it would mean the world to me. Thanks all! Good to see some LP fans in the house.

The link (for lazybutts) is:

http://www.lpstreetteam.com/CDA5240F87574D8387EBDE8FEC733210/tracklink.asp?guid=A3B0F403B7644AF7B0DB6492EFD17CC 3

But anyways yeah..lets talk about LP :D

Hybrid Soldier
08-04-07, 20:32
I'm suprised there wasn't anything earlier on this. This news is a little old. :p

But yeah, LP are my favorite band. :)

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 20:58
It's cause we don't have a music forum here lol.

*Hints to TLR*

Love your name Hybrid Soldier, its a clear reference to Hybrid Theory their first album. You truly are a big fan :D.

Ada the Mental
08-04-07, 21:00
Well I had made a thread hear when the news about the album first broke out but it died a page later!:p

Anyway!I'm really excited.Hyped I can say.:jmp:I'm really curious abouut the new musical direction they say they've taken.
I wasn't particularly impressed by What I've Done at first,because I wished that the band would move to a heavier sound but now it has really grown on me.I still think that video reminds me way too much of U2,though...
I'm really curious abouut the new musical direction they say they've taken.

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 21:02
The first song was a bridge the gap song to ease fans into the new style, and sounds nothing like the new album apparently. =)

To give you an idea Mike sings a song by himself and only raps on two songs on the new album. That's how much this album is going to be different.

Hybrid Soldier
08-04-07, 21:02
It's cause we don't have a music forum here lol.

*Hints to TLR*

Love your name Hybrid Soldier, its a clear reference to Hybrid Theory their first album. You truly are a big fan :D.

Haha, YEY! Someone noticed. I usually have to explain how i got my name. XD

Well I had made a thread hear when the news about the album forst broke out but it died a page later!:p

Anyway!I'm really excited.Hyped I can say.:jmp:I'm really curious abouut the new musical direction they say they've taken.
I wasn't particularly impressed by What I've Done at first,because I wished that the band would move to a heavier sound but now it has really grown on me.I still think that video reminds me way too much of U2,though...

Yeah, they said they're completely ditching the Nu Metal sound. IMO, What I've Done is great and i can't wait to here the rest of the album.

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 21:04
Hybrid Soldier, ever been to lpassociation.com? I run that site =).

CerebralAssassin
08-04-07, 21:05
Well I had made a thread hear when the news about the album forst broke out but it died a page later!:p

U2??2 totally different sounds!!:p I like the new mellower LP!:D

the piano part in the new song sounds like a Halloween theme ripoff to me though:pi: :D

Ada the Mental
08-04-07, 21:06

What?Are you Derek?I'm a frequent visitor there,but I'm not a member.

U2??2 totally different sounds!!
I'm talking about the video not the music.It reminds me of U2's Vertigo.:p

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 21:08
I am Derek yes. Pleased to meet you. Avid TR lover and Linkin Park fan!

knutroald
08-04-07, 21:10
I LOVE LinkinPark:jmp: :yah:

Ada the Mental
08-04-07, 21:15
I am Derek yes. Pleased to meet you. Avid TR lover and Linkin Park fan!

Pleased to meet you,too!:D

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 21:18
My TRF forums name has an interesting story to it. I don't usually make names like this haha.

But hello there. You really should register to our boards. You'll have to forgive the under 50 posts moderation thing. We have to approve posts first cause of n00bs. XD

Ada the Mental
08-04-07, 21:44
I've just registered.Same username as here.I feel rather uninspired today.:p

Hybrid Soldier
08-04-07, 21:57

Of course! I visit that site quite frequently!

That's awesome, very nice site! :tmb: :D

LegendLuvr24
08-04-07, 23:23
Introduce yourself Ada! I'll have to approve your post first (LOL) but at least you can get posting :D.

And thanks Hybrid Soldier!

peffect
08-04-07, 23:32
I love Linkin' Park!
And I'm obviously, going to dow... To have their Album! :D

erosan
09-04-07, 00:30
i freaking love them ^.^

Fish.
09-04-07, 03:04
I heard their single on the radio a couple days ago. It was pretty good.

frostfur452
09-04-07, 12:55
yea i heard a little of their new song on the radio the other day.... dunno if i like it tho.. may have to grow a little on me.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 19:26
Guys: PLEASE, PLEASE HELP Linkin Park. They are currently up against two different artists for battle of the videos and they need your help to win this thing.

Since you Tomb Raider fans seem to really love Linkin Park (judging by this thread ;)) I know you can rally up support to help the guys win! Please click and vote!

http://media.godashboard.com/linkinpark/300x250-LPv3.gif (http://www.lpstreetteam.com/CDA5240F87574D8387EBDE8FEC733210/tracklink.asp?guid=A3B0F403B7644AF7B0DB6492EFD17CC 3)

Telekill
11-04-07, 19:36
Awesome. I'm a big LP fan...

That's my first look/listen as to what they have up their sleeves for the new album. Cant wait to get it! :)

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 19:45
I used to listen to Linkin Park back in the day. I have their first album but a couple years later, I just totally lost interest in them. Being a musician myself, I just think in my opinion that their music was a repeated pattern: almost everysong was the same chords, same melodys, same song structure, etc. Listening to their music, I could tell right away what the next chord/note/melody was going to be. It was very predictable but maybe I can pickup on this stuff because I play guitar as well. I never bought their second album because, again, it sounded just like their first album. I don't hate their music, but just uninterested.

However, I do give them credit for creating their own sound. They've managed to stand out from most other nu-metal bands. I didn't even know they had a new album coming out. If it sounds different than their old stuff, I might be willing to give it a try. :)

edit: I actually liked their song "Breaking the Habit." I think that's what it was called.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 19:59
I used to listen to Linkin Park back in the day. I have their first album but a couple years later, I just totally lost interest in them. Being a musician myself, I just think in my opinion that their music was a repeated pattern: almost everysong was the same chords, same melodys, same song structure, etc. Listening to their music, I could tell right away what the next chord/note/melody was going to be. It was very predictable but maybe I can pickup on this stuff because I play guitar as well. I never bought their second album because, again, it sounded just like their first album. I don't hate their music, but just uninterested.

However, I do give them credit for creating their own sound. They've managed to stand out from most other nu-metal bands. I didn't even know they had a new album coming out. If it sounds different than their old stuff, I might be willing to give it a try. :)

edit: I actually liked their song "Breaking the Habit." I think that's what it was called.

They're planning to break away from their old sound. What I've Done apparently sounds nothing like the rest of the CD. Brad's doing solos on this new CD and everything. Check here to see descriptions of the new songs:

http://www.lpassociation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=117

"They really are reinventing themselves. It doesn't sound like rap-rock. There's very strong songwriting. I've heard guys in the band say that it transcends everything they've done before, like it puts them in a whole different light in their minds, and they really like that. It's very melodic. It's a progressive record." -- Rick Rubin

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 20:02
Solos? Hmm, might actually be interesting. I like solos, though I'm not nearly as good as, let's say Eddie Van Halen or Kirk Hammet.

edit: Is Rick Rubin producing it? That's a very good sign! :D He's one of the greatest producers.

Hybrid Soldier
11-04-07, 20:06
Solos? Hmm, might actually be interesting. I like solos, though I'm not nearly as good as, let's say Eddie Van Halen or Kirk Hammet.

edit: Is Rick Rubin producing it? That's a very good sign! :D He's one of the greatest producers.

Yup! Rick Rubin is indeed producing it. So, it's looking good already. :D

IMO!

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:06
Yup Rick Rubin is producing it. He basically told them to throw away anything that sounds like it belonged on the first two CDs. So that should please you Peru ;).

Hybrid Soldier
11-04-07, 20:12
Yup Rick Rubin is producing it. He basically told them to throw away anything that sounds like it belonged on the first two CDs. So that should please you Peru ;).

I'm actually somewhat glad. Not that i don't like Meteora or HT, but if they made another CD like that, it would have been a bit..repetative. I'm so far liking the new direction their taking.

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 20:12

Rick Rubin always encourages, or should I say, recommends experimenting. Years ago, he was supposed to produce Chocalate Starfish by Limp Bizkit and he told the band to be creative and experiment. Fred Durst didn't like this, so he left Rick and the whole band went back to Terry Date. That's why Chocalate Starfish sounds just like Significant Other and thats why it was a steaming pile of crap. The only difference between the two albums is more swearing and that's so lame to do because it "supposedly" helps to sell more records.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:15
Chester has surprisingly gone on the record to say he hates nu-metal and no longer wants to be called that. The band agrees that nu-metal was the worst label they've ever been given.

Mike said something like "how many songs like Breaking The Habit do we have to write before people stop calling us Nu-Metal?"

Hybrid Soldier
11-04-07, 20:17
Chester has surprisingly gone on the record to say he hates nu-metal and no longer wants to be called that. The band agrees that nu-metal was the worst label they've ever been given.

Mike said something like "how many songs like Breaking The Habit do we have to write before people stop calling us Nu-Metal?"

Really? I didn't know that. I read somewhere that Chester's least favorite song is One Step Closer.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:20
Most likely cause it's the most nu-metal song they've ever done. The band never felt like they belonged in that genre and I think that's why they're going so different on this record.

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 20:21
Really? I didn't know that. I read somewhere that Chester's least favorite song is One Step Closer.

I wouldn't be surpriesed. One Step Closer was their first single and it was WWAAAAAAAAAYYYYY overplayed. When someone says "Linkin Park" that's the song that first comes to mind. It's their worst song, in my opinion.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:23
I agree PFP. There's way better Linkin Park songs then that.

Hybrid Soldier
11-04-07, 20:24
Most likely cause it's the most nu-metal song they've ever done. The band never felt like they belonged in that genre and I think that's why they're going so different on this record.

Yeah, i guess so. I actually never really looked at LP as a nu-metal band until recently.

The video for In The End is what got me listening to them...around the time In The End first came out. :D

I wouldn't be surpriesed. One Step Closer was their first single and it was WWAAAAAAAAAYYYYY overplayed. When someone says "Linkin Park" that's the song that first comes to mind. It's their worst song, in my opinion.

I don't mind it. I thought Numb is the most overplayed LP song. I still love all Linkin Park song's though. Theres not a single one i don't like. Even the Reanimation stuff.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:26
Reanimation was their best work to date in my opinion. The tracks done by Mike/Joe and not other artists are extremely creative.

Hybrid Soldier
11-04-07, 20:27
Reanimation was their best work to date in my opinion. The tracks done by Mike/Joe and not other artists are extremely creative.

What would have to be your favorite track if you had to choose off that album? :)

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:31
P5hng Me Aw*y

It's like Linkin Park but darker. It's great. And Mike did it so lol.

(yes people, its spelled like that on the CD lol)

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 20:33
I hope, if anything since Rick is producing, that their new album will at least have a raw, in your face, sound. Their past two albums (along with many other popular nu-metal bands) sound way over-produced and clean where even loud distorted guitars sounded cleaned up and not even heavy or crushing. Take Renegades by Rage Against the Machine. Rick Rubin produced that and it has such a great, raw quality. The drums: FANTASTIC; bass: THICK AND PUNCHY. Other producers that I've felt can accomplish this asewell are Ross Robinson (depending on what band), Steve Evetts (Snapcase, Sepultura) and Matt Bayles (produced all three Mastodon albums)
Here's hoping to raw music! :tmb:

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:36
I hope, if anything since Rick is producing, that their new album will at least have a raw, in your face, sound. Their past two albums (along with many other popular nu-metal bands) sound way over-produced and clean where even loud distorted guitars sounded cleaned up and not even heavy or crushing. Take Renegades by Rage Against the Machine. Rick Rubin produced that and it has such a great, raw quality. The drums: FANTASTIC; bass: THICK AND PUNCHY. Other producers that I've felt can accomplish this asewell are Ross Robinson (depending on what band), Steve Evetts (Snapcase, Sepultura) and Matt Bayles (produced all three Mastodon albums)
Here's hoping to raw music! :tmb:

You got your wish again. This album has no overproduction. On one song Rob used the demo take for his drums rather than the 100th take because Rick thought the demo take sounded better.

And in What I've Done even though it's not a representation of the song AT ALL there's no vocal layering (on purpose).

So damn, this album is shaping up to be your favorite by the looks of things lol.

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 20:43
What would have to be your favorite track if you had to choose off that album? :)

It's hard to say. I haven't listened to their cd for a very long time. I remember liking track 6 (can't remember what it's called) :o

I'll have to look more into this new album sometime. Sounds like it might be good.

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:46
It's hard to say. I haven't listened to their cd for a very long time. I remember liking track 6 (can't remember what it's called) :o

I'll have to look more into this new album sometime. Sounds like it might be good.

Btw, one of the tracks (the one that's been described almost as metal) has an ebow guitar effect. Rick suggested it on a song, and brad got ticked off at how the riff wasn't sounding right (or up to his standards) and in his anger he created this new riff that appears on 'No More Sorrow' which is a new track off of their upcoming album. Cool, eh?

PirateFromPeru
11-04-07, 20:52
Btw, one of the tracks (the one that's been described almost as metal) has an ebow guitar effect. Rick suggested it on a song, and brad got ticked off at how the riff wasn't sounding right (or up to his standards) and in his anger he created this new riff that appears on 'No More Sorrow' which is a new track off of their upcoming album. Cool, eh?

I like ebow. My brother has one and he still uses it I think. Hopefull this song that's described almost as metal, will be metal then. Although I doubt LP would do a thrash/death metal song. I dunno know. :confused:

LegendLuvr24
11-04-07, 20:54
It's actually described as a "heavy metal song". Heavy metal to me means like classic metal and not this "RUUUAHHH" stuff that's out right now.

Ada the Mental
11-04-07, 21:23
I remember one of the members (I think it was either chester or Brad) saying that they got sick of closing every single concert with One Step Closer.
I can't say I really like it.It's a fun song,but lyrics such as "Shut up when I'm talking to you" aren't really my thing.

P5hng Me Aw*y

It's like Linkin Park but darker. It's great. And Mike did it so lol.

(yes people, its spelled like that on the CD lol)
It's an amazing song.One of my favourites of them.Much better than the original.

Angelus
11-04-07, 21:37
I think Linkin Park have sold out, to be honest.

Hyper_Crazy
11-04-07, 21:38
I don't really like their new album.

Ada the Mental
11-04-07, 21:39
Their new album-which has not been released yet?:p

CerebralAssassin
12-04-07, 00:06

:smk:

LegendLuvr24
12-04-07, 01:24

Yeah and you're judging this over an album you have NOT HEARD YET cause Warner Brothers has it under lock and key.

Don't judge things you haven't heard =).

PirateFromPeru
12-04-07, 03:21
It's actually described as a "heavy metal song". Heavy metal to me means like classic metal and not this "RUUUAHHH" stuff that's out right now.

Lol, yeah I actually don't really listen to that "RUUAAAHH" stuff either. All these new bands nowadays are trying too hard to be heavy. They show off WAY too much than neccasary. I remember when I first heard Avenged Sevenfold and was like "Ugh, this sucks." The guys' vocals get on my nerves too. But they're not even the worst compared to some of the other stuff I've heard.

As far as metal goes, the only metal bands I listen to currently are Sepultura (they've been around for years, but their old stuff was practically pure thrash) Fear Factory (again, old stuff better, lastest album kinda sucked) Mastodon (raw, very aggressive sound) and Type O Negative (kinda goth metal/rock/punk although some song melodies make me think of The Beatles.) I would include Deftones, but their newer stuff has been very experimental to the point where I'd consider them shoegazer/alternative/atmospheric and trippy rock. Most of the other stuff I listen to is either alternative, indie, punk, trip-hop and even some orchestral stuff.

Anyway back onto LP, I think it's definately good that they're experimenting. It can open up to a new audience as well. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Metaldud
12-04-07, 04:19
Why do I get the feeling that I'm the only one on here that hates Linkin Park? They play wussy "music".

CerebralAssassin
12-04-07, 04:32
0_o

wussy music?please elaborate..

PirateFromPeru
12-04-07, 05:47
Why do I get the feeling that I'm the only one on here that hates Linkin Park? They play wussy "music".

:vlol: Yeah, I guess you can put it that way. :D

Angelus
12-04-07, 13:00

:tmb:

CuteKittenlol
12-04-07, 13:18
How is it "wussy"? o_O

I love Linkin Park, I think they're awesome.

Hybrid Soldier
12-04-07, 13:32

Oh, i'd love to see you explain how so.

LMFAO. It's not even out yet.

Wussy music? How the hell do you define "wussy" music?

Metaldud
12-04-07, 18:17
Those on the metal forums said so, and I'm not one to disagree with them.

CuteKittenlol
12-04-07, 18:19
That didn't exactly tell us why Linkin Park produce "Wussy" music. But okay, whatever. XD

How can music be "Wussy" anyways. o_O

LegendLuvr24
12-04-07, 19:05

So if they say that President Bush wears a dress you're going to agree with them too?

Word of advice, don't always go with the crowd. It makes your opinions come off a little fake. And what's with these brainless metal heads always acting like music has to have balls to it? News flash: Not all music has to be about busting somebody's skull open or kicking some ***. GROW UP.

Linkin Park aren't metal and they never will be. They were always alternative rock. The people who claimed they were metal we're idiots. Even LP says they aren't nu-metal, which is why I don't get why metal heads always go out of their way to prove Linkin Park's 'non-metalness' as they never tried to be metal in the first place.

PirateFromPeru
12-04-07, 19:11
I think by "wussy" music, he means bands that just complain. Lot's of nu-metal most of the time sing about "I hate my life/my daddy beat me/bullies pick on me/I wanna die/you think you're better than me" kind of stuff. Although I fail to see how that would apply to Linkin Park. Then again, I can't remember what most of their songs said. :confused:

PirateFromPeru
12-04-07, 19:16
So if they say that President Bush wears a dress you're going to agree with them too?

Word of advice, don't always go with the crowd. It makes your opinions come off a little fake. And what's with these brainless metal heads always acting like music has to have balls to it? News flash: Not all music has to be about busting somebody's skull open or kicking some ***. Maybe if metal heads would get out of their darkly lit rooms they'd see that.

Linkin Park aren't metal and they never will be. They were always alternative rock. The people who claimed they were metal we're idiots. Even LP says they aren't nu-metal, which is why I don't get why metal heads always go out of their way to prove Linkin Park's 'non-metalness' as they never tried to be metal in the first place.

I never concidered LP to be much of a metal band either :D . Now if they started writing fast paced, thrash songs with pure gutteral vocals and guitar solos, then maybe I can say that.

And yes, I hate it when bands say stuff like, "I'm gonna kill you, you picked on me, so now you're gonna die" type of stuff. It's pathetic and unoriginal, ecspecially when the singer sings about it for years and still does it in his 30s and 40s now. :hea:

Hybrid Soldier
12-04-07, 19:18
That didn't exactly tell us why Linkin Park produce "Wussy" music. But okay, whatever. XD

How can music be "Wussy" anyways. o_O

Exactly my point. I can define...MCR as a "wussy" band. You can't really classify a certain band as wussy.

LegendLuvr24
12-04-07, 19:35
I never concidered LP to be much of a metal band either :D . Now if they started writing fast paced, thrash songs with pure gutteral vocals and guitar solos, then maybe I can say that.

And yes, I hate it when bands say stuff like, "I'm gonna kill you, you picked on me, so now you're gonna die" type of stuff. It's pathetic and unoriginal, ecspecially when the singer sings about it for years and still does it in his 30s and 40s now. :hea:

Exactly, which is why Linkin Park are taking a more politically aware stance on their new album (not Bush bashing political, but world politics) because they know the stuff they wrote about when they were 22 year old kids doesn't apply to their lives and the lives of most of their fans anymore. Sure they're still miserable (Chester went through a divorce that left him poor, and has a song dedicated to that on this CD) but they realized there's more important things to write about then what they wrote about almost a decade ago.

CuteKittenlol
12-04-07, 19:35
Exactly my point. I can define...MCR as a "wussy" band. You can't really classify a certain band as wussy.
...you calling MCR wussy? XD
If you are, then don't make me get the stick out. :pi: :p

Hybrid Soldier
12-04-07, 19:36
...you calling MCR wussy? XD
If you are, then don't make me get the stick out. :pi: :p

Haha, no, no! Let's not be violent now. :hug:

LegendLuvr24
12-04-07, 19:38

The only reason people find MCR whiny is because of their singles and the singer's voice. If you actually listen to their CDs they're nothing like the singles...at all.

PirateFromPeru
12-04-07, 19:41
MCR does that mean My Chemical Romance?

LegendLuvr24
12-04-07, 19:42

Yes sir =).

CuteKittenlol
12-04-07, 19:42
I wouldn't have hit you with the stick anyways. :hug:
The only reason people find MCR whiny is because of their singles and the singer's voice. If you actually listen to their CDs they're nothing like the singles...at all.
I think they're aweosme.
Yeees.

LegendLuvr24
12-04-07, 19:44
I wouldn't have hit you with the stick anyways. :hug:

I think they're aweosme.

Yeees.

They're rather good, just take some getting used to from outsiders.

PirateFromPeru
12-04-07, 19:46
MCR is weird. I don't like their music actually :yik: But, I will say this: Their singer can sing very passionatly.