PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever experienced a superntural event?

2kool4u
10-04-07, 03:52
Like ghost's, premontitions and miracles or are there old legends that you were brought up with or heard. I actually had a few and my family memebers had as well.

My account was actualy not to long ago. I was waking up to go get a drink in the kitchen when i saw a dark figure. It look extremley realistic. I thouhght it was my sister so i said her name and she didnt come but it was weird it was like something went behind that figure it looked like a man. So the first figure must of been like his wife or something. It sorta stabbed her or something and the first figure fell. Then the thng started walking towards me. I wnet to run down the stairs and when i looked back He was right their the door slamed shut im not sure if it was me or the ghost and i fell down the stairs. All 12 of them. I was in pain my mom ran out and tried to get me up. I was freaked out and could not go back to sleep. I had a big bruise.

Well my aunt had a few. lol the always say her house is haunted Anyway my grandmother had bought my step aunt and her sister and their mother this sort of wind up fers wheel. My step dad's mom died like a week later. So we had the funeral all was over with. Then one night my step aunt was watching the tv when all of a sudden she started hearing music. She looked all over until she came accross the box that contained the Feris wheel/music box. It was unoprned and still in the box. SHE WAS FREAKED!

Then i think it was her birthday and she went to PA. This is still a little while after her mom died. So they bought a big ballon for her. Anyway when she went to sleep. The ballon started going to her room. Th ballon made a tunat the hall kept o going straight then made a right in her room. And stoped right next to her while she was sleeping.

So what are your experiences?

Lara Coft Baby
10-04-07, 03:59
I've had a few encounters with Ghost. Cause we had a guy die in our house years before we moved in. And I dont think he had moved on. He seemed ok that we were living in his house. He just kind of watch over us. :confused:

idk but I heard lots of noise and knew it was him. And I was watching tv in my room and I looked over and he was standing next to my bed but it was kind of like a wavy looking thing. idk and then another night the same thing happend but instead

I saw a human figure standing next to my bed. And one night I saw part of his face. I was again watching TV at night, And I saw him peek in my room. And I thought it was my mom But when i got up she was asleep and snoring so was my dad. So it couldnt have been them if they were laying there snoring.

That could have been my sister but I dont thing she was home at the time. Cause when I went to see if it was my mom or dad I didnt see her. And I never saw her walk back past my door. So it couldnt have been my sister eigther. :p It was kind of scary it got my heart racing lol

EDIT
I havent heard from the ghost in years he seems to have passed over into the light or something. But he NEVER hurt us or did any thing bad to us. He was a nice ghost :vlol:

2kool4u
10-04-07, 04:03
When i was trying to sleep i felt someting thouch me in my back my whole body froze and i could not speak. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Lara Coft Baby
10-04-07, 04:10
When i was trying to sleep i felt someting thouch me in my back my whole body froze and i could not speak. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I once was walking in the house and I felt light headed and I felt all cold and clammy like the ghost had touched me or walked though me it was the weirdest feeling EVER :vlol:

Andariel
10-04-07, 04:10
That's incredibly creepy! I was in bed and my closet door would sometimes open all by itself. Also late one night I was in the kitchen and when I looked out the window I saw some figure standing out back. I didn't know what it was so I opened the back door, looked out, and it looked like a person. Really frightening. :(

Lara Coft Baby
10-04-07, 04:12
Oh yeah i forgot one time I was walking from the kitchen to my room and walked past our second living room and I saw a black figure standing in the living room. And I remember seeing his eyes were kind of...........red :( it was scary :eek:

Andariel
10-04-07, 04:15
Ever open the front or back door late at night and hear an unusual sound? Ok that may not be paranormal but it's creepy. :D I gotta stop playing Silent Hill with the windows up at night lololol

Lara Coft Baby
10-04-07, 04:16
wow all this talk about ghost as got me all jumpy :vlol: I'm freaking myself out here :cln:

2kool4u
10-04-07, 04:17
lol. Have you ever had a nightmare that made you have a seizure?

Neteru
10-04-07, 04:17
I've had many experiences in my life that others may describe as supernatural. I would only ever describe them as natural.

2kool4u
10-04-07, 04:19
lol. Tell them please. :)

Lara Coft Baby
10-04-07, 04:19
I've had many experiences in my life that others may describe as supernatural. I would only ever describe them as natural.

Probably every thing that seems supernatural has an reasonable explanation :p

kewlkyle64
10-04-07, 04:21
Nothing freaky like that, but I have a Homer Simpson life size cardboard cut-out in my room. When I first goput it up in my room, I left. When I went to bed when everything was dark. I saw it, right by the window... scared the crap out of me.

Ikas90
10-04-07, 04:22
Yes, many times... I would prefer not to go there... :p

Quasimodo
10-04-07, 04:22
Why oh why did I read this so late at night...:eek:

my mom has told me about a few experiences she's had...

after her mother passed away, she felt a hand on her shoulder as she sat by her mother's hospital bed

when she was a child, she awoke to see a completely black figure in the window, and could feel hands around her throat, choking her...

my dad thinks he saw a UFO hovering over his house when his was a wee brat once

In other news, I'll be sleeping on the couch with the lights and the TV on tonight...

Lara Coft Baby
10-04-07, 04:23
Nothing freaky like that, but I have a Homer Simpson life size cardboard cut-out in my room. When I first goput it up in my room, I left. When I went to bed when everything was dark. I saw it, right by the window... scared the crap out of me.

OH I know what you mean I have and Orlando Bloom card board cut out scared the poop out of me every time I walked in my room or when I woke up. Now I am use to it since ive had it for months now lol

2kool4u
10-04-07, 04:34
Before my step grandfather died he acted extremley weird according to my mother. He started talking to someone. Like a real conversation. He even told mhy step dad to MOVE OUT THE WAY!!! THis is a true story as well.

Neteru
10-04-07, 04:36
lol. Tell them please. :)A couple of simple examples. First both connected with dreaming and the TV.

I once dreamt that I was in a hotel in Italy and the hotel was collapsing upon us. I woke up and put the TV on, and there was a news bulletin stating that an earthquake had just occurred in Italy.

Another dream I had simply involved being in India and there was a flood. I remember the water everywhere as I waded through it. Again, I woke up and put the TV on. As before, there was a news bulletin of flooding that had occurred in India.

On another particular day I thought of my great uncle, stood up from my chair and walked over to the window. At that moment a small bird flew into the window, beating its wings against the glass and then flew away. It struck me so as being a classic kind of omen. An hour later my mother phoned me to tell me my great uncle had died an hour before, right at the moment the bird flew into the window when I was thinking of him. In fact, so strong was my sense that the bird was an omen, I noted the time (I still recall clearly as being 5.47pm). That is the exact time as quoted to me that my great uncle died.

Lots of examples like that. They just seem totally natural to me and I'd never call them supernatural.

kewlkyle64
10-04-07, 04:36
OH I know what you mean I have and Orlando Bloom card board cut out scared the poop out of me every time I walked in my room or when I woke up. Now I am use to it since ive had it for months now lol

Yeah, same as me. When my mom came in to put away laundry, she dropped the basket in fright and the clothes went everywhere! :vlol:

2kool4u
10-04-07, 04:42
Net im not making this up but i had a dream that a plane landed and skidded off the runway and crashed. I told my mom about the dream anshe said maybe its a sign (being sarcastic) So i turn on the news and a plane skidded off the runway in India and many people were trapped inside!

ARU-lara
10-04-07, 04:48
Neteru do you always have that kind of premonitions in your dream?
Wow you really do acknowledge your sub-conscious mind.

interstellardave
10-04-07, 04:49
I've had some dreams like Neteru's...

At least 10 years ago I dreamed that I was at the South Pole and Bob Newhart was there (strange, huh?)! He pointed off into the distance at large glacier as it slid into the water and said "see... it's melting already." A few nights later I was up and I had the radio on--they were talking about global warming (this was when it was still a hot debate) and how a glacier the size of massachussets had broken from the Antartic ice shelf! The kicker? During a commercial I turned on the TV to see if something good was on... Newhart was on!

I also had a clear and vivid dream about the volcanic eruption in Montserrat... before it happened.

2kool4u
10-04-07, 05:05
I was on this website talking to a friend on aim when all of a sudden the door swung open!!!! not closed oppen. It was with such great force that it caused the back of the wall to break.

Neteru
10-04-07, 05:17
Neteru do you always have that kind of premonitions in your dream?
Wow you really do acknowledge your sub-conscious mind.

Not always, but often enough. It's a family trait actually. And I always pay attention to my dreams because I do get plenty of information from them.

At least 10 years ago I dreamed that I was at the South Pole and Bob Newhart was there (strange, huh?)! He pointed off into the distance at large glacier as it slid into the water and said "see... it's melting already." A few nights later I was up and I had the radio on--they were talking about global warming (this was when it was still a hot debate) and how a glacier the size of massachussets had broken from the Antartic ice shelf! The kicker? During a commercial I turned on the TV to see if something good was on... Newhart was on!Haha! I love things like that. They always bring a wry smile to my face.

Taylour
10-04-07, 05:29
I've used an Ouji Board a few times, it's very creepy and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. It was fun though, I don't do it often as it's an easy way to come in close contact with spirits and a lot of contact with the dead isn't healthy haha. :)

in these arms
10-04-07, 07:50
I had the idea of going into a quite room to record anything that would happen. I got my mobile out and turned it to Audio Recorder. I left it on the table for a few seconds (23 Secs, it was).

I played back and within seconds I could hear something going "help" and then after I heard cluttering, and again "Help me.." It was creepy. If anyone is interested I can upload it.

tomblover
10-04-07, 08:18
I do get a few Deja Vu's sometimes, kinda alike to Net's dreams. I dream of something, then next day I experience it exactly as it was in the dream.

in these arms
10-04-07, 08:28
Ahh! I have Deja Vu, I call it double vision, I think it's what Net has and TombLover.

What happens with me is that at a time of day, I watch or hear something being being done/said, and I have that feeling that I've seen/heard it before.

Is that the same thing others get too?

Mad Tony
10-04-07, 08:38
Not that I know of.

2kool4u
10-04-07, 14:33
I have deja vu all the time. It usually happpens with a dream then it occurs monthes later. I once had a weird sorta a vision i schol. My frinds wereanoying this kid in school at lunch so when we ewere going back to class i touched the wall and i saw him goin crazy luike cursing his ass off. Sure enough he did.

Assassino
10-04-07, 14:52
Deja Vu all the time man...sometimes I can predict what people are going to say, and on two occassions I believe I have helped someone find a lost item...while talking over the internet to them...I just said 'look under the bed'...twas there man!

Tomb-Raider
10-04-07, 14:57
I had the idea of going into a quite room to record anything that would happen. I got my mobile out and turned it to Audio Recorder. I left it on the table for a few seconds (23 Secs, it was).

I played back and within seconds I could hear something going "help" and then after I heard cluttering, and again "Help me.." It was creepy. If anyone is interested I can upload it.

Im interested. :O

AnthonyShock1515
10-04-07, 15:00
I still experience things now, Usually the thermostat at the bottom of the stairs turns up in the middle of the night to full blast so all the heating is switched on.

My nana died in my dining room when she became ill with her alzheimer's, we didn't want her to go to hospital so we had hospital equipment istalled into the dining room. She died in the same spot that we now eat our dinner. :p My uncle Derek died in the front room at birth where my mother and stepdad sleep.

I don't have any other significant hauntings but there is the occasional bang that makes me curious.

Lew
10-04-07, 15:52
Well, the most recent one happens to be almost every night. I usually turn off my computer at 12 to 1am then go to bed and watch TV till 2 or 3 depending on how tired I am, Almost every night I heard the cupboards bang like someones just shut them, its happened twice as I walk to the bathroom and scare the **** outta me. Its weird because it can't be wind because its inside and it cant be anyone else cause everyone else is asleep or out clubbing. For some reason it doesn't scare me anymore and I dunno why.

Dote
10-04-07, 16:08
a few years ago on a trip 2 denmark i was walking down a street and al of a sudden i was watching myself from behind walking on, it was nothing special about me that day i was only a little tired and bored in my own mind maybe i reached some sort of higher awerness.
a few times every year i get these deja vu feelings too altough i Know that ive experienced them b4 they happen. i cant use it to anything not bet o horses or anything its more like im leaning on a table some where i never been b4 then weeks later im leaning to that specific table such petty things.:confused:

tampi
10-04-07, 16:38
What interesting things! And still more than you consider them like normal,
because if you are really attentive to the life, those things are normal.
What it happens is that not always you can be attentive so that you become crazy.

I had a time terribly in my life. I thought that I died.
A day I dreamed about my grandmother, dead enough years ago and in which long time ago that I didn't think in she.
She said to me in the dream: “What are you doing here?!”............. she was not "alive".

I also believe that I was witness of a miracle. A cure, a healing, inexplicable and sudden.

jackles
10-04-07, 16:54
I have seen some odd stuff. I have been on a few investigations at different locations.

Funny thing is when I have seen stuff I have never been scared as its always seemed too odd to be scary. However as a child I was scared stiff of the house we lived in. It had a very nasty feel to it. I was glad to leave. After my dad finally moved out, a woman and child moved in. Sadly the woman killed herself while the child was at school one day. it just felt like a 'bad' house.

Lew
10-04-07, 16:58
I'm scared of seeing Samara when I'm tryna get to sleep and shes stood there staring. Oh god that would be horrific! My mate said she'd punch her lmao! I get Deja Vu alot too, mainly about what people say or do, not where things are though.

Oh yeah I also was sleeping at Jonnys house and I was on the top bunk, We'd just watched a film, think it was a horror one im not too sure, I was 11 right and I finally fell asleep woke up and saw this dark figure looking at me, I turned away thinking it was jonny then I looked down and he was asleep in his bed, but i was half asleep so could of been dreaming or something.

Also its not really supernatural but I didn't feel well and all I remember is feeling like everythings sped up (like in the Sims 2) and my dad told me all this in the morning saying I went downstairs, had paracetamol and went to bed shaking saying something wierd. But I can't remember anything, and also last night after the bang I feel asleep and apparently my dad saw me walking around the house or something, must of been Sleep walking or something, but its never happened before strange... like lol

Cord_Croft
10-04-07, 17:02
Deja Vu all the time man...sometimes I can predict what people are going to say, and on two occassions I believe I have helped someone find a lost item...while talking over the internet to them...I just said 'look under the bed'...twas there man!

Know what you mean, Deja Vu all the time!

Little-Lara
10-04-07, 20:58
I used to have that frozen stuck on my bed a lot, back in my country though. I couldn't move or speak when that happened. I have no answers for that, and i don't even bother to find out why that happened.

Geck-o-Lizard
10-04-07, 21:39
Sleep paralysis, Little-Lara. Happens to quite a lot of people. 'Course religious nuts blame it on the Devil. :rolleyes: Apparently it usually only happens to people who sleep on their back.

I haven't had any paranormal experiences. Ghosts must not like me. >_>

MiCkiZ88
10-04-07, 21:44
I think our old house was haunted. Way too much happened there. Same with my grandmoms house. Weird noices and objects moving on their own.

Not really willing to chat about those.. too scary and my eyes get all wet when I think about those things.. *shivers*

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-04-07, 21:49
I've had tons of paranormal encounters. People still call me crazy, but I'm sticking by what I've seen no matter what. My old house (the one I grew up in) was haunted. We lived like 2 minutes from a cemetery, so I think that had a lot to do with it. Also some girl died like right behind my house in a sledding accident, she fell down a storm drain. x_x

I have sooo many stories but I'm not gonna spend the next ten minutes writing them all out.

Draco
11-04-07, 02:43
Well, I personally can do some odd things, but nothing overtly supernatural. As for experiencing something supernatural...I'm either going insane or I experience something at least once a week.

Neteru
11-04-07, 05:00
Sleep paralysis, Little-Lara. Happens to quite a lot of people. ... Apparently it usually only happens to people who sleep on their back.No Grace, it's not true. Everyone enters a phase of body paralysis during each sleep cycle.

2kool4u
11-04-07, 05:12
I've used an Ouji Board a few times, it's very creepy and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. It was fun though, I don't do it often as it's an easy way to come in close contact with spirits and a lot of contact with the dead isn't healthy haha. :)

Isnt that what possesed Reagan in the Exorcist? :whi: captin howdy :whi:

Tyrannosaurus
11-04-07, 05:16
I've had a few experiences that could possibly have been supernatural, but may very well have been entirely natural too. I have no way of being sure. Neither of them felt particularly frightening.

I've used Ouija boards (one was a makeshift board) and asked questions to whatever 'spirit' happened to be nearby, and got very vague answers that were usually limited to 'yes' or 'no'. I was using an upturned wineglass for a planchette, and taped a sheet of paper with all the alphabet letters and numbers on it, as well as 'yes' or 'no' corners. The thing began to move by itself, the harder I focused, and it felt like it was being moved from within or underneath. It was an odd, but strangely natural sensation. I suppose I could have been moving it unconsciously, too. It told me nothing useful, and even admitted to it's own unreliability. The thing seemed to have a sense of humor, too.

The other time I used a Ouija board was with a friend of mine in my house, where it essentially told us that we were gay together. I was laughing, but my friend was freaked out.

My only other "supernatural" experience was a reiki that I had with a nice woman with whom I'd barely spoken to during the procedure. Afterwards, while she spoke, she seemed to know far too much about me. She wasn't telling me specific facts, but she was making observations that were too insightful to be the verisimilitude of a fortune-teller. I wasn't freaked out in this case either; I instinctively felt I was in benevolent hands.

I've also had pretty freaky experiences of sleep paralysis, but they're not supernatural.

Now as for ghosts, spirits, demons, "psychic" experinces, and things like that, I've experienced nothing. But I know people who have, and these experiences seem to be ubiquitous to peoples and cultures around the world.

Tyrannosaurus
11-04-07, 05:35
'Course religious nuts blame it on the Devil. In the middle-ages it probably spawned tales of inccubi and succubi, but please point out to me the next religious person you know of who attributes sleep paralysis to Satan.

Apparently it usually only happens to people who sleep on their back. It almost always happens to me if I cross my legs when I sleep. I don't know why.

Little-Lara
11-04-07, 07:23
Aww jeez. And i just took notes from Geck-O-Lizard and wrote down, "Sleep Paralysis." Ahh well, i'll just cross it out. :p

Shark_Blade
11-04-07, 07:34
As a kid I've seen a lady all dress in gold clothing walk through an empty corridor. I thought I'm seeing things but I'm sure she's real.I checked back and there was nothing back there.

but overall, I don't believe in ghost,not really.

Autolycus
11-04-07, 07:50
Imo all this supernatural stuff is total rubbish in fact it's beyond rubbish.
Ghosts and other supernatural crap simply do not exsist except in a persons mind. People need to start thinking logical.

LuigiEspadachin
11-04-07, 09:25
A couple of simple examples. First both connected with dreaming and the TV.

I once dreamt that I was in a hotel in Italy and the hotel was collapsing upon us. I woke up and put the TV on, and there was a news bulletin stating that an earthquake had just occurred in Italy.

Another dream I had simply involved being in India and there was a flood. I remember the water everywhere as I waded through it. Again, I woke up and put the TV on. As before, there was a news bulletin of flooding that had occurred in India.

I had a bit of an experience like that. I had a dream I was in some kind of indoors market with my family but a criminal broke in. Both me and my Dad got seperated from our family, My Mum, my brother and my uncle, aunt and cousins. Dad got away but I ended up getting shot. I woke up just as the bullets penetrated my body.

And when I was getting a lift to college that same morning, what do I hear on the radio? A 16 year old, my age, got shot in similar circumstances.

Could just be coincedence, but I find that extremely creepy. And I get cases of Deja Vu all the time.

Geck-o-Lizard
11-04-07, 09:29
No Grace, it's not true. Everyone enters a phase of body paralysis during each sleep cycle.

In what way do you mean "not true"? True, during sleep you can't move, but this paralysis is normally only ever experienced whilst unconscious. Most people don't experience this paralysis remaining when they wake, but many still do. The actual term "sleep paralysis" generally refers to waking up paralysed, not the natural REM paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

Reason why I said it "apparently only happens to people who sleep on their back" is because by chatting to all my friends (IRL and online) who've experienced it more than once, all of them tell me it's only happened after falling asleep on their back... and if they sleep on their side or their stomach, it doesn't happen. That bit wasn't scientific fact, only my opinion.

L.C
11-04-07, 09:38
Fantastic thread!

I'm always having deja vu, have been since I was a young child.

I also have dreams that come true, and it's not 'all in my mind' as I have been keeping journals since I was 12, many of them have been recorded there prior to the date they happened. At first I was a little stunned by it all, but nowadays I take it very much in my stride.

Unexplained noises and doors shutting have occured in my present house, but it doesn't freak me out. I often can feel my mattress depress on it's own when I'm lying down, like when someone sits down next to me, but of course there's no one there. And since moving here, I was constantly waking up between 2-3 am, so I'm convinced something happened at that hour, but haven't looked into it yet.

Of course, I don't always jump to the conclusion that what happens is spiritual, but if I can't find the logical answers first, I just shrug my shoulders and accept that there are spirits interweaving in my life. And I actually think it's rather cool :cool:

Arron TR
11-04-07, 09:49
Strange things happen to me now and again I had a dream that my sister died in her sleep :( (horrible) then the next day I was told that my friend had sleep walked and fell out of her window injured herself badly and lucky for the wooden table (this was all done in her sleep walk) below her missed the concrete lucky she didn't die so that was wierd and her grandma also had a dream similar before it happened. Also this always confuses me but I think I was delerious in the night and said I saw the grim reaper!!! :confused:, and in my room when I have this webcam software on that adds a fire effect to moving objects its shows orbs well more clearly but I can only see them on webcam I think its dust but who knows?

Little-Lara
11-04-07, 10:17
Reason why I said it "apparently only happens to people who sleep on their back" is because by chatting to all my friends (IRL and online) who've experienced it more than once, all of them tell me it's only happened after falling asleep on their back... and if they sleep on their side or their stomach, it doesn't happen. That bit wasn't scientific fact, only my opinion.

I've got more to add to that. 15 years ago, this was told to me by my friends and one family member: that sleeping on your back causes you to "freeze" at moments. For some reason, this only happened to me when I was about to wake up.

L.C
11-04-07, 10:31
Strange things happen to me now and again I had a dream that my sister died in her sleep :( (horrible) then the next day I was told that my friend had sleep walked and fell out of her window injured herself badly and lucky for the wooden table (this was all done in her sleep walk) below her missed the concrete lucky she didn't die so that was wierd and her grandma also had a dream similar before it happened. Something very similar happened to me and my brother. I had dreamt that he died from a work-related accident, but I didn't panic, just wrote it down and left it. About a week later, we spoke on the phone, and he told me that he had injured his ankle very badly (he was off work for months because of it) on the very same night I had the dream, possibly around the same time I dreamt it (he worked the graveyard shift).

Neteru
11-04-07, 11:51
In what way do you mean "not true"? ...Sorry Grace! I totally misread your post. I was of course referring to normal paralysis during the sleep cycle, and thought you were too. Didn't click at all that you meant hypnopompic/gogic paralysis. :o

Geck-o-Lizard
11-04-07, 12:54
Ahh I get ya. :D No worries.