PDA

View Full Version : Kinda gross...I'm sick and what can I eat to keep my "food down?"

CAISACO
11-04-07, 04:00
Hello all

I have been sick for 5 days, and every time I eat food when I feel good, later at night I...well, throw it up.:o

I lost 6 pounds already

And starving!!

I really do not know whats wrong with me, all of the sudden, at night, my stomach starts gurgling, and my throat tingles ,and my stomach too:(

Bowie
11-04-07, 04:05
You have seen a doctor, haven't you?

CAISACO
11-04-07, 04:08
You have seen a doctor, haven't you?

:rolleyes:

Not yet, my mom is just waiting to see if I get better in two days

I'm already feeling bad right now, fine today, but after I ate crackers, pretzels, gatorade, and water, I can't believe I might throw up after that!

Andariel
11-04-07, 04:15
Definitely see a doctor. This sounds serious. Are you stressed out a lot? I heard drinking ginger-ale is good for settling the stomach. Well I hope you get better.

ashley_taylor
11-04-07, 04:33
Lots and lots of fluids. If you're throwing up that often you're probably dehydrated. Once you can keep fluids down ( Like water, light juices, and propel) Then try eating things like crackers and all that. Nothing too heavy. Hopefully that helps. All my friends are nurses and I'm studying to be one too so you pick up things here and there. Hope You get better!!!!

Taylour
11-04-07, 04:53
I'd see a doctor, loosing six pounds that fast is really dangerous.

Has anyone watched "The Devil Wears Prada:" "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." :p

CerebralAssassin
11-04-07, 05:45
yikes man..you've been throwing up all these times?definetely see a doctor..

I had a food poisoning episode a few weeks back,ate some chicken and then puked twice,and then I didn't eat anything for 36 hours ,cause I felt sick..but your case seems different

xBoricua
11-04-07, 05:56
See a docter definetly.

It's weird, I went through the same thing but during March except mine came out the other way... It was horrible, I couldn't barely walk and I totally feel you. I also lost weight as well. I'm gaining it back slowly though. But best choice is see a doctor.

Little-Lara
11-04-07, 07:18
Uh oh. sounds like u have food poisoning. Although its not supposed to last 5 days!!!!! Eat clean and healthyly, and don't stuff yourself, start small, and keep eating slowly and slowly. At least that's what worked for me. But see a doctor. 5 Days?????? :yik:

Dote
11-04-07, 08:08
:rolleyes:

Not yet, my mom is just waiting to see if I get better in two days

I'm already feeling bad right now, fine today, but after I ate crackers, pretzels, gatorade, and water, I can't believe I might throw up after that!

u probably should eat such thing, i recommend sticking to milkproducts icescream is cooling and avoid spicy stuff and bread, drink tea with milk and honey

Suzan
11-04-07, 08:27
That sounds horrible :O I agree with everyone, you definitely should see a doctor as soon as possible!

Greenkey2
11-04-07, 09:12
1) See a doctor pronto.

2) Keep drinking - sipping can help prevent it returning.

3) Eat very small amounts of bland foods - milk, yogurts, cereals - and eat as slowly as you can, chewing thoroughly.

4) See a doctor pronto.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

laralauraxxx
11-04-07, 09:15
Last time i was sick i was in germany with my family and all i ate for 3 days was saltsticks and mineral water and i never threw up once :D Do not eat dairy products!!! that makes you more likely to be sick !

dream raider
11-04-07, 09:18
Last time i was sick i was in germany with my family and all i ate for 3 days was saltsticks and mineral water and i never threw up once :D Do not eat dairy products!!! that makes you more likely to be sick !

Yes I don't think you should eat dairy products. I think you should eat dry things like bread. I'm not a doctor so I don't know but I hope you feel better.

CAISACO
11-04-07, 23:18
Uh oh. sounds like u have food poisoning. Although its not supposed to last 5 days!!!!! Eat clean and healthyly, and don't stuff yourself, start small, and keep eating slowly and slowly. At least that's what worked for me. But see a doctor. 5 Days?????? :yik:

Haha, I really do not think its food poisoning, I dont eat! LOL, but not out at restraunts, I hate burgers, and fish (greasy) so It cant be that, but I feel a LITTLE better today though. I dont know why, but constant "tingling in my stomach" and throat

CAISACO
11-04-07, 23:20
I'd see a doctor, loosing six pounds that fast is really dangerous.

Has anyone watched "The Devil Wears Prada:" "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." :p

Yeah, I am already like 5''5 and was 100 pounds now 95, (yeah I know) But I'm not anorexic! I just hate it when people ask if I am. Just comes from a skinny family.
lol

Tomb-Raider
11-04-07, 23:36
I know what you can do to stop throing up.
Shove a stick down your throat. :tea:

But seriously, see a doctor.
Drink sprite. It helps come your stomach.

:)

Angel666
12-04-07, 00:25
Whenever I'm sick I try and stick to the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. And Saltines help alot.

CAISACO
12-04-07, 02:12
Whenever I'm sick I try and stick to the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. And Saltines help alot.

BRAT works? amd white rice, and no sauce or butter on the rice? :(, and buttered toast? (lightly)

My mom was babbling about about bananas and rice when I was half asleep... lol